Author Topic: Best Programming Music  (Read 889 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Best Programming Music
« on: December 11, 2020, 11:36:18 am »
So.. What is your 'go to' tunes to get into the zone and churn out some great code while concentrating?

For me there are two main choices

1. Trance
2. Ambiant (Jean Michelle-Jarre, Vangelis, Enigma..)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Judge Redd

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Best Programming Music
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 01:59:59 pm »
Yeah I like some Trance when I'm coding (which is less and less often these days sadly). Also movie themes can work, and some classical as well. Pretty much anything without words.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 06:48:33 pm »
I'm not a coder, unless you count powershell scripting, but I enjoy listening to ambient techno, like Deepchord and Yagya while working.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 09:20:40 pm »
So.. What is your 'go to' tunes to get into the zone and churn out some great code while concentrating?

For me there are two main choices

1. Trance
2. Ambiant (Jean Michelle-Jarre, Vangelis, Enigma..)

I listen to Planet Rock all day, although if I really need to concentrate, I will go for some chilled out classical.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 12:09:08 pm »
Tron Legacy soundtrack, LoFi Hip Hop Beats, or random programming playlists on Spotify
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.