Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3272691 times)

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
Re: United - The Green and GOle Standard!
« Reply #3040 on: March 10, 2020, 02:10:14 pm »
Honest question: Is he performing really that much worse than Klopp did in his first 1 3/4 seasons at Liverpool? I remember us being better against good teams and bad against worse teams as well for a while. They are five to six very good signings sHort of having a more than decent team/ squad. Something that can be rectified in the next 1-2 transfer windows. They are definitely capable enough to win the Europa League.

Yeah, Ole is boss mate. You keep him.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3041 on: March 10, 2020, 02:14:01 pm »
Honest question: Is he performing really that much worse than Klopp did in his first 1 3/4 seasons at Liverpool? I remember us being better against good teams and bad against worse teams as well for a while. They are five to six very good signings sHort of having a more than decent team/ squad. Something that can be rectified in the next 1-2 transfer windows. They are definitely capable enough to win the Europa League.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Has he any history that would make you think he's capable of performing anywhere near the level of Klopp?
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3042 on: March 10, 2020, 02:25:26 pm »

Has he any history that would make you think he's capable of performing anywhere near the level of Klopp?

I Hear he was good in medieval times

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3043 on: March 10, 2020, 02:29:36 pm »

He's good at solving riddles in the dark
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #3044 on: March 10, 2020, 02:54:40 pm »

I think I can speak for all Liverpool fans when I say that I hope your club gives Ole a brand new contract extension, to reward him for the progress made during this sensational 45 point season.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3045 on: March 10, 2020, 02:57:22 pm »

This post is that daft I think you have about 5 people posting thinking you're a manc  ;D I certainly did.

I think I can speak for all Liverpool fans when I say that I hope your club gives Ole a brand new contract extension, to reward him for the progress made during this sensational 45 point season.

Yeah, Ole is boss mate. You keep him.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3046 on: March 10, 2020, 03:01:52 pm »

Not orchestral maneuvers?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3047 on: March 10, 2020, 03:06:15 pm »
Not orchestral maneuvers?
I see what you did there :)

I'll be amazed if there isn't a Tolkien fanboy band with that name.

Reminds me of that old joke: what do you call a man with a hawk on one shoulder, and a kestrel on the other, doing the vacuuming after lights out?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline #RedDawn2020

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3048 on: March 10, 2020, 03:09:25 pm »
This post is that daft I think you have about 5 people posting thinking you're a manc  ;D I certainly did.

I am not too modest to admit that I am somehow not surprised how easy that was.

What can I say, I am just too meta.

“Intensity is our identity.”

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #3049 on: March 10, 2020, 03:26:06 pm »
At this point in Klopp's tenure we had reached the Europa League and League Cup final and were well on our way to reaching the top 4 with 76 points. Oh, and this was after just one transfer window where we had a negative net spend.

So yes, he is.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3050 on: March 10, 2020, 03:45:54 pm »
I may start liking him if he keeps winning both matches against City every year. or at least like him for that particular 2 weekends.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3051 on: March 10, 2020, 04:11:16 pm »
I see what you did there :)

I'll be amazed if there isn't a Tolkien fanboy band with that name.

Reminds me of that old joke: what do you call a man with a hawk on one shoulder, and a kestrel on the other, doing the vacuuming after lights out?

Mr Sugden?

No, wait a minute...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3052 on: March 10, 2020, 04:16:10 pm »
I notice “Glazers out” hasn’t been sung or mentioned for a couple of weeks nor have any banners been displayed. All quiet on the “green and gold” front too.

It’s almost as if they only care about losing rather than the ownership.

Supposedly the club has somehow managed to get "independent" supporters group MUST on side, along with whoever it is who does all their banners/main song leaders, etc. So they've all been softened up and sold on the fact they've got a couple of new players in. That new PR twat from the S*n is certainly earning his wages.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3053 on: March 10, 2020, 04:25:47 pm »
"Decrepit old pit.
Chock full of shit.
Of which I am Lord.
But some say a fraud."
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3054 on: March 10, 2020, 04:28:35 pm »
Seen this doing the rounds on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/KidsOfColourHQ/status/1237074702297968640

A young lad working in hospitality and a member of the Man Utd Foundation suffered racist abuse by the private security firm CSG at Old Trafford. To reiterate, nothing to do with the club itself but appalling from the security firm who work there.

These private security firms never seem to be held to account. No ethics or morality with them, and often, you will see them at football grounds treating fans with contempt and as if they were animals. Gives further credence that this kind of thing should be sourced in house by football clubs?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3055 on: March 10, 2020, 04:30:04 pm »
Their game on Thursday being played behind closed doors.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3056 on: March 10, 2020, 04:31:22 pm »
I notice “Glazers out” hasn’t been sung or mentioned for a couple of weeks nor have any banners been displayed. All quiet on the “green and gold” front too.

It’s almost as if they only care about losing rather than the ownership.
Just wait until they lose a few games. The green and gold brigade will be out faster than you can say “Ole’s your uncle”

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #3057 on: March 10, 2020, 04:44:51 pm »
Wan Bissaka can't attack really but he can defend 1v1 like few I've ever seen. pretty much what I hoped Darmian would be, a complete lockdown on one flank. He's also gotten better throughout the season at playing to his few strengths in attack - kick and run, get the cross in. He's actually a decent crosser, but can't dribble for shit.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3058 on: March 10, 2020, 04:49:00 pm »
Wan Bissaka can't attack really but he can defend 1v1 like few I've ever seen. pretty much what I hoped Darmian would be, a complete lockdown on one flank. He's also gotten better throughout the season at playing to his few strengths in attack - kick and run, get the cross in. He's actually a decent crosser, but can't dribble for shit.

Is he that good at 1v1? He seems to get beaten, or out of position, fairly often but saves himself with pace and a slide tackle.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3059 on: March 10, 2020, 04:50:54 pm »
"Decrepit old pit.
Chock full of shit.
Of which I am Lord.
But some say a fraud."
Who are we?
''Six fingers per hand
Hopes built on sand
Our football is crappy
But our sistohs are happy''

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #3060 on: March 10, 2020, 04:51:04 pm »
Is he that good at 1v1? He seems to get beaten, or out of position, fairly often but saves himself with pace and a slide tackle.
To me he is very very good 1v1 in a back four, the fancy slide tackles come out more when he has to play RWB in a 3-5-2, which he doesn't have the ball skills to do. In a 3 you see way more of him pulling these last ditch tackles, which tbf he's great at, but not ideal. in a 4 I rarely see him caught out for positioning
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3061 on: March 10, 2020, 04:59:09 pm »
A young lad working in hospitality and a member of the Man Utd Foundation suffered racist abuse by the private security firm CSG at Old Trafford. To reiterate, nothing to do with the club itself but appalling from the security firm who work there.

These private security firms never seem to be held to account. No ethics or morality with them, and often, you will see them at football grounds treating fans with contempt and as if they were animals. Gives further credence that this kind of thing should be sourced in house by football clubs?

That stuff is regulated by the SIA and any in-house force would be recruited and regulated in the same manner as the external security firm, the issue is not with it being an external company so much as people not complaining to to those in charge who can do something about it rather than just complaining on twitter.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #3062 on: March 10, 2020, 07:11:22 pm »
Not that good or he wouldn’t have let Bilbo get away with the bloody ring.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #3063 on: March 10, 2020, 07:16:27 pm »
Seen this doing the rounds on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/KidsOfColourHQ/status/1237074702297968640

I posted this in the racism thread this morning. As I said, I have heard of an incident a few years back when a BBC techie was moving between positions as part of his job, and was thrown down the gangway by a security thug who wanted him to sit down and shut up.
That young lad sounds like he came up against someone who would have been at home in 1970’s night clubs beating the shit out of people for no reason aka bouncer
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #3064 on: March 10, 2020, 07:21:20 pm »
That stuff is regulated by the SIA and any in-house force would be recruited and regulated in the same manner as the external security firm, the issue is not with it being an external company so much as people not complaining to to those in charge who can do something about it rather than just complaining on twitter.

Have you looked at the whole story. The lad complained to police at the time. He was treated like a troublemaker. He tried to contact his employer- and got nowhere. They took him aside and had the shit beaten out of him. The police returned and did fuck all. He must have been in a state and yet the police didn’t question why the kids was battered. (Fractured eye socket?)  He tried complaining officially and the police said there was no cctv footage. Cops are willing to let these thugs do their dirty work.
Complaining on Twitter smacks of last chance saloon for this kid.
I have heard that City employ some “overzealous” security operatives as well
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 07:23:19 pm by 12C »

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3065 on: March 10, 2020, 08:17:21 pm »
They are currently in some sort of cross between Ron Atkinson's Utd and a weakened Fergie Utd from the youth days. They will do well but just not well enough.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3066 on: March 10, 2020, 09:36:11 pm »
Who are we?
''Six fingers per hand
Hopes built on sand
Our football is crappy
But our sistohs are happy''

Who am I?

Moysey was duds.
Van Gaal showed his spuds.
Mourhino's a skiver.
Now I am the driver.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3067 on: March 11, 2020, 01:06:24 am »
Who am I?

Moysey was duds.
Van Gaal showed his spuds.
Mourhino's a skiver.
Now I am the driver.
:) This is fun

Who am I?

I took the opportunity
To commit family treason
Still Andeh said give it me
Till end of t'season

Not that good or he wouldn’t have let Bilbo get away with the bloody ring.
To be fair, Bilbo cheated like fuck. Perhaps the Bagginses were City fans?

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3068 on: March 11, 2020, 01:13:36 am »
Who am I?

I troll RAWK
Until there's no hope
Followed by an extended trip
to European slopes

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3069 on: March 11, 2020, 01:32:43 am »
Who am I?

I troll RAWK
Until there's no hope
Followed by an extended trip
to European slopes

Sings...

You, are, Cantona

I said, You are, Cantona... 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 01:35:04 am by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3070 on: March 11, 2020, 01:44:08 am »
Neville calling for the season to be cancelled on twitter.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3071 on: March 11, 2020, 01:51:38 am »

No shock.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3072 on: March 11, 2020, 02:14:29 pm »
Sings...

You, are, Cantona

I said, You are, Cantona... 

Ghost Town is correct; fun little game, this is... :D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3073 on: March 11, 2020, 02:21:52 pm »

We'd still be champions unless the fucker thinks the entire football pyramid in Europe and the world should also be cancelled so relegation/promotion, Champions will end with whoever is in those positions currently..  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3074 on: March 11, 2020, 02:50:12 pm »

It's amazing how no one seems to actually care about the virus or people. All they seem to care about is their own petty agendas.

If their own side was about to win the league, now way in hell would the likes of Neville and Cardiola be calling for the cancellation of the tournament.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Stevie2810

• Main Stander
« Reply #3075 on: March 12, 2020, 08:15:22 am »
I think his tweet said that games should be postponed not cancelled?

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #3076 on: March 12, 2020, 11:10:01 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51840017

had to laugh at this!
these 2 know nothing of football!
and they're picking players from the teams they should know best about!

Unanimous on Pogba as first name in midfield????
Deluded.
Maybe they thought it was a Bling 11 or something??

That midfield! Tragic.
I think we could pick a better combined Man u/Spurs team..

Offline Horizon

• Main Stander
« Reply #3077 on: March 13, 2020, 03:20:16 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3078 on: March 13, 2020, 03:22:55 pm »
Yes mate stupid things are also is said on RAWK particularly by Fordy, we don't need this back and forth of one upmanship.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3079 on: March 14, 2020, 08:19:34 am »
Yes mate stupid things are also is said on RAWK particularly by Fordy, we don't need this back and forth of one upmanship.

Er. I say far more stupid things on RAWK thank you very much!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.