Author Topic: The Tory party thread... epic fail lol  (Read 170627 times)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Re: Tory party leadership election. Competitive arseholery
« Reply #200 on: June 30, 2016, 08:52:53 pm »
Well given what Gove did for education i hope he loses,  rather May than him in fact rather anyone than him.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline PluckyUnderdog

• Kopite
« Reply #201 on: June 30, 2016, 09:18:22 pm »
Well depends on what drives them more, surviving a general election or the wider interests of the EU and whilst many can say the EU is bigger than those two countries they do have a huge say in it's direction. Playing too much hardball could have a short- medium term negative impact on their respective economies which is bad for votes. If the UK leaves it too late to either back away or invoke article 50 then it'll be worse for us. It'll be down to timing imo.

From that perspective, I suppose getting re-elected in their respective countries would be seen as more important, in the short term.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: June 30, 2016, 09:20:56 pm »
Just seen the headline 'BORIS PULLS OUT'
Shame his dad didn't do the same.    ;)

Yes 51 years ago.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2016, 09:36:13 pm »
Gove's email to Johnson on Sunday, saying his article was "very very good" and suggesting some minor edits.

What a difference 4 days makes.....

https://www.facebook.com/pestonitv/posts/1648376065487132

Offline Franny

• RAWK Director of Geo-location
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #204 on: June 30, 2016, 09:37:27 pm »
Apologies if this has been posted before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6MFZWKf8B0

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2016, 10:31:42 pm »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2016, 10:38:35 pm »
Heseltine absolutely savaged Boris tonight.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2016, 10:44:37 pm »

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2016, 11:45:03 pm »
Been trawling through videos of Gove for most of the afternoon and evening to edit a short skit on his penchant for 'coming'.

I can say, the guy is a good debater, very, very good. He blurts the spurious nonsense and does a good job of believing in what he is saying, but he performed very well in the EU debates and has a very good handle on his sniping. He is of course, a sniveling little twatplate, but he is far, far more believable than Boris Shitsticks.

He does seem like the likely candidate as he seems to be able to back his way out of arguments and does come across statesman-like.

In fact, I'm totally sick of his dish and voice, but by god the man is irritating isn't he?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #209 on: July 1, 2016, 08:50:02 am »
What's scary is that Gove's obvious backstabbing doesn't in any way seem to harm his chances.  Unless the Tory party have can rule out a general election, they need to back a leader that can fight off whatever shit Labour come up with. Labour surely can't get worse, can they?

What's May's track history like, seems like she's been lurking in the shadows.  Is she the one that was derided for leopard print shoes ? (Genine question, not a positive or negative trait in my eyes. Actually leopard print shoes are hideous and shouldn't really be mentioned in terms of politics, but I have to be concerned about anyone who's judgement is that flawed)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #210 on: July 1, 2016, 09:54:16 am »
Well the Mail has come out for May so in the weird world of the Middle Englander that should get her in. She seems credible, hasn't got a spouse fighting her battles for her and would probably make a competent leader from a Tory perspective.

Always thought Boris was Toad of Toad Hall and Gove comes across as one of the weasels. I don't think Gove realises how vindictive the Bulingdon boys can be, particularly to a grammar school oik who should be fagging for them and be freely available to be a punchbag for the school bully

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #211 on: July 1, 2016, 09:58:15 am »

That's one of my favourite cartoons.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: July 1, 2016, 10:03:15 am »
Well the Mail has come out for May so in the weird world of the Middle Englander that should get her in. She seems credible, hasn't got a spouse fighting her battles for her and would probably make a competent leader from a Tory perspective.

That was a shock. Thought they were bound to back Gove because of Vine and her leaked email implied that Dacre thought highly of him. May has rowed back on exit from the Human Rights Convention -- sense she will play Brexit strategically and with her cards as close to her chest as a baying right-wing press will allow her to.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: July 1, 2016, 10:04:44 am »
That was a shock. Thought they were bound to back Gove because of Vine and her leaked email implied that Dacre thought highly of him. May has rowed back on exit from the Human Rights Convention -- sense she will play Brexit strategically and with her cards as close to her chest as a baying right-wing press will allow her to.

It could be a double bluff. Back May to take the heat off Gove for having a wife who writes for the paper and members thinking its all a combined effort. Mail looks like its being impartial and all that and this isn't some massive effort to get Gove in.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: July 1, 2016, 10:22:11 am »
What's scary is that Gove's obvious backstabbing doesn't in any way seem to harm his chances.  Unless the Tory party have can rule out a general election, they need to back a leader that can fight off whatever shit Labour come up with. Labour surely can't get worse, can they?

What's May's track history like, seems like she's been lurking in the shadows.  Is she the one that was derided for leopard print shoes ? (Genine question, not a positive or negative trait in my eyes. Actually leopard print shoes are hideous and shouldn't really be mentioned in terms of politics, but I have to be concerned about anyone who's judgement is that flawed)

She was the leopard print shoes woman, yes.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: July 1, 2016, 11:12:24 am »
@christopherhope
Oh dear Just three Tory MPs are here for Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove's launch. Perhaps even the Parliamentary party is squeamish about him #ToryLeadership

Oops  ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: July 1, 2016, 11:15:20 am »
@christopherhope
Oh dear Just three Tory MPs are here for Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove's launch. Perhaps even the Parliamentary party is squeamish about him #ToryLeadership

Oops  ;D

The problem Gove has is that he is toxic in the eyes of the electorate. Cameron had to demote him prior to the last GE just for that very reason. That has to play big on the mind of the membership when they elect a leader.

Like a lady on QT who voted Leave said yesterday that anyone working in prison services and education would be majorly pissed off if Gove became PM.

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #217 on: July 1, 2016, 11:17:59 am »
@christopherhope
Oh dear Just three Tory MPs are here for Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove's launch. Perhaps even the Parliamentary party is squeamish about him #ToryLeadership

Oops  ;D

Excerpt from his speech

Gove says the UK economy is on firm foundations, and says Britain is a fine position to respond to the change in relationship with the European Union.

He says there are “tremendous opportunities ahead” when politicians listen to the people who voted last week. They voted for a new direction, he says.
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #218 on: July 1, 2016, 11:19:38 am »
Christ, are we having a competition to see which party can arrange the biggest implosion!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36679741

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: July 1, 2016, 11:39:54 am »
He's still banging on. Almost 5,000 words in his speech. The three MPs must be bored out of their minds....

Offline OperationIvy

• Kopite
« Reply #220 on: July 1, 2016, 11:40:40 am »

All I remember her doing is constantly failing at getting criminals and terrorists deported or extradited. Although thats probably more the judges and the ECHR's fault than hers.

The only positive thing she's done was that time where she wore that low cut top at the House of Commons and Osborne couldn't stop staring at her jubblies.

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #221 on: July 1, 2016, 11:42:07 am »
He's still banging on. Almost 5,000 words in his speech. The three MPs must be bored out of their minds....

I know its been said many times before, but by Christ he's weird looking
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #222 on: July 1, 2016, 11:44:33 am »
Does Gove expect to win? Is he positioning for one of the big three jobs? As he has escaped from Boris, he has an image problem as Boris's mini-me and thus tainted by the Johnson. This way he can lose, but bag one of the big jobs in the process. He would probably be happy as Chancellor or Home Secretary.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: July 1, 2016, 11:49:26 am »
Does Gove expect to win? Is he positioning for one of the big three jobs? As he has escaped from Boris, he has an image problem as Boris's mini-me and thus tainted by the Johnson. This way he can lose, but bag one of the big jobs in the process. He would probably be happy as Chancellor or Home Secretary.

Makes sense. Him and May hate each other so you would wonder whether he would get a prominant role. I guess you could promote him and kick the shit out of him later.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: July 1, 2016, 12:24:00 pm »
The only positive thing she's done was that time where she wore that low cut top at the House of Commons and Osborne couldn't stop staring at her jubblies.

Custom signature time....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #225 on: July 1, 2016, 12:30:44 pm »
Gove still seems to think that the £350m or whatever it actually is will be a saving post-Brexit and will all be available to spend as the government wishes.

Norway pay nearly as much per head as we do and there might be additional costs so not sure we can count on any savings at all.
Legacy fan

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #226 on: July 1, 2016, 12:41:07 pm »

Maybe, maybe not. The Tory membership would be firmly in favour of May, but he did a number on the country during the referendum so why not again now. He has the support of Murdoch and Dacre. But the dynamics of the Tory election mean having the Sun/ Mail supporting a candidate doesn't mean anything like as much.

There isn't any entryism in the Tory election either.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: July 1, 2016, 12:52:42 pm »
Maybe, maybe not. The Tory membership would be firmly in favour of May, but he did a number on the country during the referendum so why not again now. He has the support of Murdoch and Dacre. But the dynamics of the Tory election mean having the Sun/ Mail supporting a candidate doesn't mean anything like as much.

There isn't any entryism in the Tory election either.

Not sure if he has Dacre's support, but this is today's Mail - in favour of May

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/748765144201637889

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: July 1, 2016, 12:54:06 pm »
All I remember her doing is constantly failing at getting criminals and terrorists deported or extradited. Although thats probably more the judges and the ECHR's fault than hers.

thanks for putting that image into my mind  ;D :o

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #229 on: July 1, 2016, 12:55:49 pm »
Not sure if he has Dacre's support, but this is today's Mail - in favour of May

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/748765144201637889

Ah was going off Lady Macbeth's email. I don't think he has a prayer.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: July 1, 2016, 12:56:21 pm »
Briefly caught the end of an interview on Radio 4 this morning but i think the guy's name was Potts or something like that can anyone fill in the details for me I wouldn't know this guy in a phone box

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: July 1, 2016, 12:57:15 pm »
Ah was going off Lady Macbeth's email. I don't think he has a prayer.

she is still trying to wash off Boris's Blood.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: July 1, 2016, 12:59:44 pm »
I know its been said many times before, but by Christ he's weird looking

i used to write about him when in charge of Education in the style of Toad of Toad Hall due to his manner and looks.

Online Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: July 1, 2016, 01:01:54 pm »
Reading the news these last few days made me think that the noblest contribution to future debate would be if some genius could do a gif with Boris doing a Tommen.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #234 on: July 1, 2016, 01:28:32 pm »
i used to write about him when in charge of Education in the style of Toad of Toad Hall due to his manner and looks.

I thought the Daily Mash article yesterday provided a good new comparison I hadn't heard of before

Tory leadership candidate Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove, officially on sabbatical from his position as one of Doctor Who’s Sea Devils,..

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #235 on: July 1, 2016, 03:05:42 pm »
Ok here's my take on Gove,....

He's not going to win the vote, so whatever I say is pointless, so please bear that in mind.

I've worked under the  Gove regime in education for several years..

It was mixed. Why?

Well, mostly because he's a c*nt and doesn't listen to people.  People need to be listened too with respect even if you think they are wrong, and he never took throne to do that.

On the flip side of the coin, he put in place a well though out and coherent plan for the future of education in this country (I'm not saying it was the right plan, but the education system was ripe for being refreshed).  He also saw it through to fruition most effectively.
It was impressive that he used (mostly) facts and research to back his methodology up, and when he did back down, it was when the research he showed that he was wrong.  He genuinely did want to raise educational standards for children, and he really did push for what he thought would achieve that.  I look back at that and admire that.  Currently the education secretary has no plan, no direction and doesn't really care about what she's doing.

Similarly at the department of justice Gove has put into place smart and effective changes to Grayling's diasterous tenure, and has realised that prison reform and rehabilitation are what reduces crime.  Stopping crime is the point of prison and he's the first Tory justice minister to recognise that its not about punishment for .... Well, may be ever.

Ok, back to the down side.

He's a c*nt.  Really, he didn't give a damn what anyone else said, he gave no time to listen.  He was right and that was it.  He wrote the English and History national curricula himself, and the history one was a disaster and had to be rewritten as a result.  Who's ego is that massive that they would do that?
The collateral damage was also a huge issue.  No funding was put into place to support his reforms, and changes were introduced far too quickly for people to manage the workload effectively.  An example of the recent KS2 tests.  They were sat for students that had started KS2 under a different national curriculum, so were a waste of time in many ways.

However, if you want a plan that is well thought out and you want someone to deliver it then Gove would do a great job.

Now, he won't get the leadership.  But he may get to run the Brexit negotiations.  Now this is either a good thing or a bad thing.
If he genuinely wants to leave the eu, it's a bad thing, as I suspect he will come up with a plan and implement it.

I suspect however that (like Boris) he was just using the campaign for his own ends.  If we want someone who will sand bag and find a plan to get us out of leaving the EU, then he will do a damned good job of it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #236 on: July 1, 2016, 03:11:03 pm »

He's not going to win the vote, so whatever I say is pointless, so please bear that in mind.

I've worked under the  Gove regime in education for several years..

It was mixed. Why?

Well, mostly because he's a c*nt and doesn't listen to people.  People need to be listened too with respect even if you think they are wrong, and he never took throne to do that.

On the flip side of the coin, he put in place a well though out and coherent plan for the future of education in this country (I'm not saying it was the right plan, but the education system was ripe for being refreshed).  He also saw it through to fruition most effectively.
It was impressive that he used (mostly) facts and research to back his methodology up, and when he did back down, it was when the research he showed that he was wrong.  He genuinely did want to raise educational standards for children, and he really did push for what he thought would achieve that.  I look back at that and admire that.  Currently the education secretary has no plan, no direction and doesn't really care about what she's doing.

Similarly at the department of justice Gove has put into place smart and effective changes to Grayling's diasterous tenure, and has realised that prison reform and rehabilitation are what reduces crime.  Stopping crime is the point of prison and he's the first Tory justice minister to recognise that its not about punishment for .... Well, may be ever.

Ok, back to the down side.

He's a c*nt.  Really, he didn't give a damn what anyone else said, he gave no time to listen.  He was right and that was it.  He wrote the English and History national curricula himself, and the history one was a disaster and had to be rewritten as a result.  Who's ego is that massive that they would do that?
The collateral damage was also a huge issue.  No funding was put into place to support his reforms, and changes were introduced far too quickly for people to manage the workload effectively.  An example of the recent KS2 tests.  They were sat for students that had started KS2 under a different national curriculum, so were a waste of time in many ways.

However, if you want a plan that is well thought out and you want someone to deliver it then Gove would do a great job.

Now, he won't get the leadership.  But he may get to run the Brexit negotiations.  Now this is either a good thing or a bad thing.
If he genuinely wants to leave the eu, it's a bad thing, as I suspect he will come up with a plan and implement it.

I suspect however that (like Boris) he was just using the campaign for his own ends.  If we want someone who will sand bag and find a plan to get us out of leaving the EU, then he will do a damned good job of it.

Just out of interest. Was he the one who okied the SATS being changed even for children who were half way through a keystage cycle?

That personally effected my family and even the teachers wouldn't defend that utter bullshit. The children already halfway through should have been grandfathered in.

That is something that should have been brought up at the first meeting about the proposals and sorted. Civil servants must have been tearing their hair out.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #237 on: July 1, 2016, 03:14:07 pm »
Just out of interest. Was he the one who okied the SATS being changed even for children who were half way through a keystage cycle?

That personally effected my family and even the teachers wouldn't defend that utter bullshit. The children already halfway through should have been grandfathered in.

That is something that should have been brought up at the first meeting about the proposals and sorted. Civil servants must have been tearing their hair out.
yes, it was him.

That was down to him rushing it through to get it in place and damn the consequences.

I suspect he was worried that the 2015 election may have been lost and his reforms not been fulfilled.  The kids suffered and the results are posited as a result.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: July 1, 2016, 03:17:57 pm »
<snip>
Nice analysis, thank you.
I have no observations of my own to back you up, nor refute your opinion.
Nice starting point , which will no doubt be heavilly challenged, but a good effort none the less.
B+

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #239 on: July 1, 2016, 03:18:07 pm »
yes, it was him.

That was down to him rushing it through to get it in place and damn the consequences.

I suspect he was worried that the 2015 election may have been lost and his reforms not been fulfilled.  The kids suffered and the results are posited as a result.

Made my niece cry. Minus another point for Pob.

Glad he won't win (hopefully) Even though the alternatives are awful.