Author Topic: England International Dominic Solanke  (Read 271255 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: Dominic Solanke
« Reply #480 on: June 27, 2017, 10:56:39 pm »
The lad moved from the plastics to us because he couldn't get into the match day squad, never mind getting a game or two. No way we haven't promised him being  in there.

Can't see Klopp giving any guarantees ?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #481 on: June 27, 2017, 10:58:51 pm »
The lad moved from the plastics to us because he couldn't get into the match day squad, never mind getting a game or two. No way we haven't promised him being  in there.

He'll see Origi getting game time, see that we'll also pay him damn good wages, see Klopp gives kids chances, and I doubt he needed guarantees (or got them).

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #482 on: June 27, 2017, 11:48:48 pm »
Think he's going to have to fight for it, Samie- but at least here, which is what I'm thinking he was after, he'd get a fair crack of the whip as opposed to Chelsea where it's packed and there is really no opportunity for gametime even if you're somewhat special.

Something like Grujic, with a bit more gametime.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #483 on: June 28, 2017, 02:15:08 am »

wasn't his signing announced as being for the U23 squad? Surely he'll have been told that. Up to him to work his way into first team training first of all, and then go from there.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #484 on: June 29, 2017, 04:02:26 pm »
wasn't his signing announced as being for the U23 squad? Surely he'll have been told that. Up to him to work his way into first team training first of all, and then go from there.

That will be it, the difference is that here there is a path to the first team from the U23s. The last thing you want to do is give guarantees to a youth team player. Keep them hungry.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #485 on: June 29, 2017, 05:04:36 pm »
It feels like the U23 thing is for the benefit of the tribunal panel as much as anything. The fee we have to pay is for Chelsea's development work, by publicly saying he's not ready for the first team yet and he'll be with the U23 squad it gives the club ammunition to undermine Chelsea at the tribunal and chip away at the fee. A fee of £3m was probably reported in all the papers for the same reason, that's Liverpool's opening negotiating position.

Obviously what Solanke has been told in private about his squad role may well differ, it's hardly unheard of for young players to progress quickly sometimes...

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: June 29, 2017, 08:09:00 pm »
Sure, why believe what anyone says when you can imagine some kind of duplicitous conspiracy?  ::)
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: June 29, 2017, 08:16:25 pm »
Sure, why believe what anyone says when you can imagine some kind of duplicitous conspiracy?  ::)

Sure, and why not take everything a politician says in public at face value? ::)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #488 on: June 29, 2017, 09:11:04 pm »
It feels like the U23 thing is for the benefit of the tribunal panel as much as anything. The fee we have to pay is for Chelsea's development work, by publicly saying he's not ready for the first team yet and he'll be with the U23 squad it gives the club ammunition to undermine Chelsea at the tribunal and chip away at the fee. A fee of £3m was probably reported in all the papers for the same reason, that's Liverpool's opening negotiating position.

Obviously what Solanke has been told in private about his squad role may well differ, it's hardly unheard of for young players to progress quickly sometimes...

he might progress quickly, but there's no way a 19 year old with so little experience is being made first team promises by Liverpool.

But what he will be able to see for himself, that at Liverpool there is a manager and coaching staff who will give every help and every chance to youngters who work hard and follow their way. Something I guess isn't happening much at Chelsea.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: June 29, 2017, 09:11:06 pm »
Sure, and why not take everything a politician says in public at face value? ::)

So Klopp's a politician now? Hope your tin foil hat isn't too itchy mate.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: June 29, 2017, 09:13:32 pm »
he might progress quickly, but there's no way a 19 year old with so little experience is being made first team promises by Liverpool.

But what he will be able to see for himself, that at Liverpool there is a manager and coaching staff who will give every help and every chance to youngters who work hard and follow their way. Something I guess isn't happening much at Chelsea.
I believe he has been assured of minutes, bare minimum league cup starts.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: June 30, 2017, 07:34:40 am »
I'm really looking forward to seeing this lad. I had heard lots of talk about him a few years back when he was meant to have been a beast.

I definitely imagine he's been assured he will be given first team opportunities.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #492 on: June 30, 2017, 09:07:04 am »
the only 'assurance' he'll have got is that if shows the requisite amount of graft, attitude and determination in the youth sides and every day at training then he might have a future in a red kit....the notion that he's going to just step into the side pronto is nonsense
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: June 30, 2017, 09:27:45 am »
the only 'assurance' he'll have got is that if shows the requisite amount of graft, attitude and determination in the youth sides and every day at training then he might have a future in a red kit....the notion that he's going to just step into the side pronto is nonsense

As it should be

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: July 3, 2017, 02:52:20 pm »
He's officially an LFC player as of 1st July. Where's the lean?  ???

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #495 on: July 3, 2017, 07:23:09 pm »
He's officially an LFC player as of 1st July. Where's the lean?  ???

Possibly late back I'd imagine.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: July 5, 2017, 05:04:31 am »
No lean pics yet but there's this..

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #497 on: July 5, 2017, 07:00:54 am »
Announce Vikram
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: July 5, 2017, 08:16:23 am »

It's like the entire club's still on vacation.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: July 5, 2017, 08:46:03 am »
I'm sure Solanke won't be expecting to walk into our matchday squad,but by training hard and impressing Kloppo and the other coaches in training he will be given chances i would think.

Going by my limited viewing of him in action he looks a real talent,at least on level with Origi and better than Ings (harsh maybe but that's my opinion).

Better than Origi and Ings? How have your formed that opinion? Because it seems outrageous to me. Origi and ings have both played full seasons in the premier league and have proved can score goals at that level. Solanke has had a season in Holland where he didn't find the back of the net with any sort of regularity.

Origi really does get his unfair share of criticism on here. Lad has proven he can score if he gets consistent game time. He's rough around the edges and has spells where he isn't  great but that's his age. Has all the tools to be a first choice for us and given he was in the top five for PL appearances for us last season (granted a lot as sub with a depleted squad) I reckon Klopp likes him enough.

On Solanke I know next to nothing about him and have only seen a few videos and one or two small appearances. Wasn't blown away at all. But he's young and looks like he has a decent skill set so as with any player I'm looking forward to seeing what Klopp can mould him into.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #500 on: July 5, 2017, 10:11:01 am »
Better than Origi and Ings? How have your formed that opinion? Because it seems outrageous to me. Origi and ings have both played full seasons in the premier league and have proved can score goals at that level. Solanke has had a season in Holland where he didn't find the back of the net with any sort of regularity.

Origi really does get his unfair share of criticism on here. Lad has proven he can score if he gets consistent game time. He's rough around the edges and has spells where he isn't  great but that's his age. Has all the tools to be a first choice for us and given he was in the top five for PL appearances for us last season (granted a lot as sub with a depleted squad) I reckon Klopp likes him enough.

On Solanke I know next to nothing about him and have only seen a few videos and one or two small appearances. Wasn't blown away at all. But he's young and looks like he has a decent skill set so as with any player I'm looking forward to seeing what Klopp can mould him into.

Agree with this.

Origi massively gets slated and I can't quite figure out why (ok I have seen some of his bad play but...) he is so young, scores already when he comes off the bench and so on, the guy is deffo been a valuable asset already for us and at his age that is very good!

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: July 5, 2017, 10:15:33 am »

ings has proven fuck all in a red shirt as well and has hardly had game time in what seems like 2 years.

Origi should rightfully be ahead of both but the lad needs dances anyway and he will get them.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #502 on: July 5, 2017, 10:21:56 am »
It's like the entire club's still on vacation.

Poor guy will probably have to make his own announcement in the name of the football club, getting stood up on your first day must be tough
« Last Edit: July 5, 2017, 10:30:32 am by Garnier »
The change is cast

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: July 5, 2017, 10:42:00 am »
ings has proven fuck all in a red shirt

I never said he has? And does that make Solanke better than Ings? I was asking why the poster thought Solanke was a better footballer than Ings because I really don't see how you can.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #504 on: July 5, 2017, 12:44:42 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: July 5, 2017, 02:31:43 pm »
Nice one lads. Here's another.

Offline SoftSouthernScouser

• Kemlynite
« Reply #506 on: July 5, 2017, 04:41:46 pm »
Great to see the club investing in more youth! Hoping we've got a similar Sterling on our hands here...well, maybe without the whole betrayal part

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: July 6, 2017, 10:55:28 pm »
Nice posture. 

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: July 6, 2017, 10:57:59 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: July 7, 2017, 10:43:01 am »

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: July 9, 2017, 04:35:44 pm »

Offline burriana

• Kopite
  • Oh you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #511 on: July 9, 2017, 10:13:45 pm »

Looks like he's in a Star Trek film

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: July 9, 2017, 10:37:38 pm »
Forgot to announce Solanke...
W

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: July 10, 2017, 05:29:05 am »
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/09/dominic-solanke-bosses-liverpool-team-mates-in-first-training-sessions-since-chelsea-transfer-6766572/

Apparently Solanke bossed everyone in the pre-season running test to check for lactic acid. Only James Milner pipped Solanke to first, with Solanke and Milner completing more laps than anyone else.
Seems fitter than almost the entire squad. Good vibes so far.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #514 on: July 10, 2017, 05:58:09 am »
Forgot to announce Solanke...

Good thing we didn't forget his birthday cake though, Yaya levels of meltdown avoided.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: July 10, 2017, 10:57:01 am »
It's pretty odd he hasn't been announced yet, doesn't even mention us on his Twitter, just says 'Nike Athlete' in his bio.

We waiting until the tribunal fee is decided or?

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #516 on: July 10, 2017, 11:06:47 am »
ings has proven fuck all in a red shirt as well and has hardly had game time in what seems like 2 years.

And shouldn't we see what happens when unfortunately timed injury has prevented him from doing that is behind him?. For all we know Ings might be dynamite, but circumstances beyond his control have stopped us finding out. There ought to be plenty of games to allow all our forwards including Solanke time on the pitch in the first 3 months of the season, never mind the mad xmas bit.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #517 on: July 10, 2017, 11:19:34 am »
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/09/dominic-solanke-bosses-liverpool-team-mates-in-first-training-sessions-since-chelsea-transfer-6766572/

Apparently Solanke bossed everyone in the pre-season running test to check for lactic acid. Only James Milner pipped Solanke to first, with Solanke and Milner completing more laps than anyone else.
Seems fitter than almost the entire squad. Good vibes so far.
That Milner - what a machine - fitter than a lad 10 years younger who's recently come off a major tournament

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #518 on: July 10, 2017, 06:03:11 pm »
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: July 10, 2017, 06:48:44 pm »