Author Topic: Had the Vaccine?...  (Read 73468 times)

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Re: Had the Vaccine?...
« Reply #1120 on: October 6, 2022, 02:59:29 pm »
Yes… over 50s and vulnerable

Same as the flu

Except you can pay a tenner and get the flu jab.  Had mine done on Monday at the pharmacy in Asda, and after having had flu twice (once last Autumn - in bloody Autumn, during a covid epidemic!), it's worth every penny.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1121 on: October 6, 2022, 03:38:09 pm »
Getting my flu jab next Saturday but not heard yet about my covid booster.  I'm hoping they'll do both and get it out of the way.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1122 on: October 7, 2022, 01:25:30 pm »
I'm not 40 for another year but with bad asthma so I'm getting me covid today

hope it rolls out soon for all you good people

Missed my flu jab as I was, ironically, too sick - but can pick that bastard up easy even if I have to pay

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1123 on: October 7, 2022, 01:27:24 pm »
5 vaccines?  Seriously?  At what point do you stop?  I’ve had 3 and not getting anymore. If they aren’t effective after that then no point getting more in my opinion.

they run out of effienciency, it's a top up - behave mate, they're not "not effective". Top ups.

I've had a flu jab every year for at least the last 15 years. Where does that end? Ah, nobody asks that - cause flu doesn't have (many) conspiracy theorists obsessed about it

IF ONLY the covid jab put you under government control. I want an anarchist state. Maybe today's jab will be the one that turns me around  ;D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: October 7, 2022, 03:35:13 pm »
Back in Barnsley this week and the talk is pretty much as it was in February 2020.

It's only Flu 🤷

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: October 7, 2022, 04:27:30 pm »
Just had my second booster

Moderna with a touch of Omicron, the latest variant, because it is a virus so changes (fellow above saying What's the End of it... Do read up on how a virus actually works). They're not messing about

In the other arm had my flu jab too. So I'm expecting to feel crap for a day. Big deal, I usually feel crap Saturday mornings

Then back to being basically fit and healthy all winter.

Didn't even hurt. It's no contest

Back in Barnsley this week and the talk is pretty much as it was in February 2020.

It's only Flu

Flu which killed more people in the World War 1 years than World War 1

Yeah no thanks.

If I DO start talking like I'm under government control through can someone get me shot? My wallet has a TORY LIES COST LIVES sticker on it. I'd hate to rip that off due to mind control
« Last Edit: October 7, 2022, 04:32:09 pm by ToneLa »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1126 on: October 7, 2022, 05:12:58 pm »

If I DO start talking like I'm under government control through can someone get me shot?

Government-controlled haiku might well be a mildly interesting phenomenon...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: October 7, 2022, 05:19:49 pm »
Government-controlled haiku might well be a mildly interesting phenomenon...

Vote to pay gov debts
Being poor is the worst sin
I can't keep this up

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1128 on: October 7, 2022, 08:00:43 pm »
they run out of effienciency, it's a top up - behave mate, they're not "not effective". Top ups.

I've had a flu jab every year for at least the last 15 years. Where does that end? Ah, nobody asks that - cause flu doesn't have (many) conspiracy theorists obsessed about it

IF ONLY the covid jab put you under government control. I want an anarchist state. Maybe today's jab will be the one that turns me around  ;D

Flu jab is tried and tested and been around for years. We are essentially part of the trials for these jabs.  Normally take 10-15 years to get signed off yet these were done within a year? 

I’m fit and healthy so will take my chances with covid if I ever get it. 

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #1129 on: October 7, 2022, 10:09:56 pm »
Flu jab is tried and tested and been around for years. We are essentially part of the trials for these jabs.  Normally take 10-15 years to get signed off yet these were done within a year? 

Calling you out on that nonsense. Maybe you should read up a bit more on how the covid vaccines gained approval in an accelerated timeframe. Viruses evolve and therefore vaccines need to be updated accordingly (omicron).

Nevermind that, it's not all about protecting yourself. It's about protecting everyone.

No real need to prove your bravado and not have a booster when you become eligible. Presumably you must have a reason for having three jabs already?
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: October 7, 2022, 10:16:12 pm »
Just had my second booster

Moderna with a touch of Omicron, the latest variant, because it is a virus so changes (fellow above saying What's the End of it... Do read up on how a virus actually works). They're not messing about

In the other arm had my flu jab too. So I'm expecting to feel crap for a day. Big deal, I usually feel crap Saturday mornings

Then back to being basically fit and healthy all winter.

Didn't even hurt. It's no contest

Flu which killed more people in the World War 1 years than World War 1

Yeah no thanks.

If I DO start talking like I'm under government control through can someone get me shot? My wallet has a TORY LIES COST LIVES sticker on it. I'd hate to rip that off due to mind control

Mate they're true red wall deniers ex union labour supporters who lost their senses to brexit and liers.

There's no hope for them now they're so far down the rabbit hole.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: October 7, 2022, 10:16:42 pm »

Hmmm.......

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1132 on: October 7, 2022, 10:38:28 pm »
Hmmm.......

True tho isn't it?  There's a reason that mainstream drugs get tested for so long.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: October 7, 2022, 10:41:47 pm »
True tho isn't it?  There's a reason that mainstream drugs get tested for so long.

Yeah lack of funds which wasn't the case with covid.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1134 on: October 7, 2022, 10:45:32 pm »
Yeah lack of funds which wasn't the case with covid.

Not really no.  Its to make sure that everything is ok with them during testing and trials.  No one can say that's the case with the covid vaccines.

Offline vladis voice

• Main Stander
« Reply #1135 on: October 7, 2022, 11:18:40 pm »
Not really no.  Its to make sure that everything is ok with them during testing and trials.  No one can say that's the case with the covid vaccines.

How about we all do a deal with you? We agree you have every right to carry on believing whatever old completely discredited shite you come across on the Internet that you want to belive in....but that in return you stop repeating said shite on here?

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1136 on: October 7, 2022, 11:36:09 pm »
How about we all do a deal with you? We agree you have every right to carry on believing whatever old completely discredited shite you come across on the Internet that you want to belive in....but that in return you stop repeating said shite on here?

How about you ask what my beliefs are first before wrongly assuming.

1.  I'm not a covid denier.
2.  My missus worked in intensive care for 6 weeks looking after covid patients.
3.  I've had close friends who've had it on a couple of occasions.
4.  Just because I don't want anymore jabs in me doesn't make me someone who doesn't believe (and spell the word right if you use it) in it.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1137 on: October 7, 2022, 11:43:02 pm »
I've never had it .

What does that make me ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1138 on: October 8, 2022, 12:18:40 am »
I've never had it .

What does that make me ?

Free minded - exactly as you should be.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: October 8, 2022, 09:23:21 am »

Crazy amounts of money went into vaccine development and testing. Usually it takes ages to get the funds granted to run a clinical trial study. With covid, money was no problem, so everything from paying staff to finding volunteers was much quicker.

Plus, by now the covid vaccines are the best tested vaccines out there, with billions of doses administered, so all this nonsense about not enough tests should really go away.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1140 on: October 8, 2022, 09:33:11 am »
for the doubters - and fair enough in one respect because it's your own body but you will undoubtedly affect the people around you and if your nan dies then you'll have to deal with that within your own conscience for the rest of your life

and regarding the unprecedented 'speed' of the vaccine just think of it like this - if it takes one man a day to mow a lawn the size of a field how long would it take if a 1000 men helped mow that same field?
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: October 8, 2022, 10:43:36 am »
I've never had it .

What does that make me ?

What have you got to lose? You seem a genuinely decent person, but wow - perhaps there are extenuating circumstances

But generally if you are safe to have the vaccine and "won't" (not "can't") I'd, personally speaking, view such a person as morally deficient and a coward.

It's a shame, but it's a tiny little jab. There are sometimes medical reasons to get out of it, but in a society being outright fucked for a generation, to refuse the jab, to me, is basically saying: You hate society.

And I don't care what other things are going on. You could give to the poor. Sit zazen daily then work in a food bank.

It doesn't matter. The responsibility starts with the individual.

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1142 on: October 8, 2022, 10:50:52 am »
What have you got to lose? You seem a genuinely decent person, but wow - perhaps there are extenuating circumstances

But generally if you are safe to have the vaccine and "won't" (not "can't") I'd, personally speaking, view such a person as morally deficient and a coward.

It's a shame, but it's a tiny little jab. There are sometimes medical reasons to get out of it, but in a society being outright fucked for a generation, to refuse the jab, to me, is basically saying: You hate society.

And I don't care what other things are going on. You could give to the poor. Sit zazen daily then work in a food bank.

It doesn't matter. The responsibility starts with the individual.

Tiny little jab ruined my life.  What have you got to lose?  Possibly everything, because there is no compensation or support if you are unfortunate enough to find yourself in this position. 

Covid is no joke, it’s a bloody horrendous virus, but the vaccine isn’t without risks. 

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: October 8, 2022, 10:55:54 am »
Tiny little jab ruined my life. 

Elaborate. I've lost it all, man. Everything except the body I have. Family, money, homes.

I can handle an example of how COVID jab did something. For the record though I am sorry.

What have you got to lose?  Possibly everything, because there is no compensation or support if you are unfortunate enough to find yourself in this position. 

Would you mind being more open here? What are you specifically referring to?

Honest question. if you have a tale...

I mean you can lose everything crossing the road. People do, as well.

Covid is no joke, it’s a bloody horrendous virus, but the vaccine isn’t without risks.

I give you the floor if you want it.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2022, 11:03:05 am by ToneLa »

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: October 8, 2022, 10:58:43 am »
Free minded - exactly as you should be.

What, sir, does having a "free mind" mean to you?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: October 8, 2022, 11:03:56 am »
I've never had it .

What does that make me ?

Disappointing.  :(

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1146 on: October 8, 2022, 11:05:03 am »

Elaborate.

I’ve posted in this thread previously about my reaction.  I’m still unable to work, been told if I’m not back by Christmas my position will be filled.  I’m in the process that could lead to me losing job, and with it likely my home.  I’m unable to run around playing with my two kids, due to crippling fatigue and a heart that reacts randomly to exertion.  Long covid symptoms, caused by the vaccine.   

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1147 on: October 8, 2022, 11:13:53 am »
I’ve posted in this thread previously about my reaction.  I’m still unable to work, been told if I’m not back by Christmas my position will be filled.  I’m in the process that could lead to me losing job, and with it likely my home.  I’m unable to run around playing with my two kids, due to crippling fatigue and a heart that reacts randomly to exertion.  Long covid symptoms, caused by the vaccine.

I'm sorry to hear that, although the caused by the vaccine element I think I'd like to hear more about.

Long COVID from a vaccine - vanishingly rare

But that does sound terrible.

It isn't 1:1 get the vaccine and that'll happen though. I'd actually, sorry if you're suffering, but I think you just have COVID - vaccine fuck all to do with it

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1148 on: October 8, 2022, 11:18:52 am »
I did respond to you originally btw fella

This went unnoticed haha

But you have the details. I don't. I, personally, need to know more to think "that's the vaccine"

Can but rare. Very rare

https://www.science.org/content/article/rare-cases-coronavirus-vaccines-may-cause-long-covid-symptoms

And even that when studied will lead to even safer vaccines

So let's take vaccines.

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1149 on: October 8, 2022, 11:23:19 am »
I'm sorry to hear that, although the caused by the vaccine element I think I'd like to hear more about.

Long COVID from a vaccine - vanishingly rare

But that does sound terrible.

It isn't 1:1 get the vaccine and that'll happen though. I'd actually, sorry if you're suffering, but I think you just have COVID - vaccine fuck all to do with it

Vanishingly rare, but other similar experiences noted in this very thread. 

It’s not just a little jab with no risk as you stated.  And people should consider all outcomes.  There is a vast difference between what I thought would happen if you had an AE (tests, support, investigation) and what actually happens (denial,gaslighting,dismissal).

At the point my reaction started I’d not had covid and was nucleocapsid negative.  There are similar cases being investigated in New Zealand where they had no covid until recently.  But I’m glad you’ve evaluated all the evidence in my case and come to your conclusion. 

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1150 on: October 8, 2022, 11:25:00 am »

This went unnoticed haha

I replied to that message. 

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1151 on: October 8, 2022, 11:31:08 am »
Vanishingly rare, but other similar experiences noted in this very thread. It’s not just a little jab with no risk as you stated.

Basically, it is. Statistically and in reality.

For you maybe not. I wish it was different for you.

Paracetamol can do horrific things...

And people should consider all outcomes.  There is a vast difference between what I thought would happen if you had an AE (tests, support, investigation) and what actually happens (denial,gaslighting,dismissal).

Woah what? Consider all outcomes? And do what about it? While your situation sounds horrible I fail to see what you could have done different

I'm not gaslighting you, but medically speaking how did you get told the vaccine caused it?

At the point my reaction started I’d not had covid and was nucleocapsid negative.

Where was this? Was a doctor involved? Is this it? I mean

Long COVID from a vaccine = how was this ascertained? Assumption?

There are similar cases being investigated in New Zealand where they had no covid until recently.  But I’m glad you’ve evaluated all the evidence in my case and come to your conclusion.

I think you are unfortunate but I don't believe you got long COVID from a vaccine.

And let's face it - you're essentially warning people off the vaccine.

Great, thanks for that
« Last Edit: October 8, 2022, 11:34:58 am by ToneLa »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1152 on: October 8, 2022, 11:40:29 am »

And what happens if you spread it to someone who is not so fit and healthy?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: October 8, 2022, 11:40:37 am »
Do not want the jab
Extenuating reasons
Backed self in corner

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1154 on: October 8, 2022, 11:49:36 am »
Basically, it is. Statistically and in reality.

For you maybe not. I wish it was different for you.

Paracetamol can do horrific things...

Woah what? Consider all outcomes? And do what about it? While your situation sounds horrible I fail to see what you could have done different

I'm not gaslighting you, but medically speaking how did you get told the vaccine caused it?

Where was this? Was a doctor involved? Is this it? I mean

Long COVID from a vaccine = how was this ascertained? Assumption?

I think you are unfortunate but I don't believe you got long COVID from a vaccine.

And let's face it - you're essentially warning people off the vaccine.

Great, thanks for that

I'm not warning anyone off the vaccine.  I've repeatedly stated that covid can be worse in this thread.  I'm disputing you referring to it as "just a little jab" with no consequences.  If people don't want to take it, that should be their decision based on the best evidence available to them.

I'm now under the "care" of a Long Covid clinic.  They are treating me as long covid caused by the vaccine, and they have "several" others that have had the same reaction from the vaccine.  I've been asking a a full investigation of my case and others for over a year now.  Pfizer and Yellow Card are not interested, so who is investigating? At a patient level nobody.  At research level it is slowly starting to happen, including via a Professor at Liverpool Uni who is also involved with long covid research.  It isn't disputed it happens, the how and how often are to be determined.

I don't really care if you have come to a conclusion of not believing I was injured by the vaccine after a couple of messages on a football forum.  I'm glad some people are starting to actually look into how it happens instead of dismissing it. 

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1155 on: October 8, 2022, 12:03:55 pm »
I'm not warning anyone off the vaccine. I've repeatedly stated that covid can be worse in this thread.  I'm disputing you referring to it as "just a little jab" with no consequences.

Wait, you insert yourself into a page of jab deniers and the last thing you'll post is Get The Jab - you're here with doom

Well my actual words were :

"It's a shame, but it's a tiny little jab. There are sometimes medical reasons"

That's ... Not wrong is it.

You yourself are medically in that group.

I fail to see what I have misconstrued. Yes I am intensely pro jab because for 99.8% of people it is hardly anything. I did say and still say exceptions exist.

You can die crossing a road. Exceptions are bullshit. Say "get the jab" I do reckon.

If people don't want to take it, that should be their decision based on the best evidence available to them.

That's a wild take mate - we live in a society for the record whether you like it or not

You are not an island no matter how isolated you believe yourself to be and we have all the same evidence and the vast, vast majority have opted for a jab

The best decision is to get the jab - extenuating circumstances exist but the best evidence suggests get the jab get the jab get the jab get the jab get the jab get the jab

I'm now under the "care" of a Long Covid clinic.  They are treating me as long covid caused by the vaccine, and they have "several" others that have had the same reaction from the vaccine.  I've been asking a a full investigation of my case and others for over a year now.

I wish you luck with ascertaining how you got long COVID. I don't envy having to do an investigation.

Pfizer and Yellow Card are not interested, so who is investigating? At a patient level nobody.  At research level it is slowly starting to happen, including via a Professor at Liverpool Uni who is also involved with long covid research.  It isn't disputed it happens, the how and how often are to be determined.

I don't really care if you have come to a conclusion of not believing I was injured by the vaccine after a couple of messages on a football forum.  I'm glad some people are starting to actually look into how it happens instead of dismissing it.

Good luck with it all.

I hope your story is not representative for the whole (it isn't, but from your point of view I can see it's your reality)

Get the jab I reckon folks you'll survive to fight with me on a forum haha
« Last Edit: October 8, 2022, 12:07:17 pm by ToneLa »

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1156 on: October 8, 2022, 12:06:32 pm »
ToneLa is sound

regarding how the vaccine works/worked for you

of course there are people who will be affected by it in different ways - some in extreme ways as it'll affect their own health but as is with all drugs

my girl had a terrible reaction to covid and then a terrible reaction to the vaccine but it could have been that the original covid infection, which you most probably had but didn't know, exacerbated your symptoms and condition

we since found out that my girl has an unpredictable immune system which we would never have known about until this outbreak

mostly she's fine but can suffer from fatigue and aches and pains

but it was catching the virus originally that had this knock-on effect - true to say, if she never caught covid then she would have never had all these problems to start with

she caught it from someone who had it full stop - so if people don't spread it then other can't catch it

so by not getting the vaccine you will spread it if/when you catch it so you have a moral (not legal) duty to protect others - those others will include your close circle of family and friends

i caught covid - like my girl did before the vaccine was made available - and i'm fine, i play football, cycle and my overall fitness level is of my own doing

even though i seem to have had little to no consequences of catching covid, i will definitely be getting my booster jab to protect others

if your little lad needed a kidney and there were risks to the operation would you say 'i'm not doing that i could die' or would you drive straight to that hospital and jump in that operating room and say 'open me up now and save my son's life'?
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1157 on: October 8, 2022, 12:14:56 pm »

That's a wild take mate - we live in a society for the record whether you like it or not

The rest we will just go round in circles on,  I think it's difficult to understand how something like this affects you until it happens to you.  I used to share a lot of your opinions.

But this quote ^ has to work both ways.  I had my jabs.  I did the right thing to protect others, despite the risk to myself of covid being relatively low.  And since then by and large all I've had from doctors has been gaslighting and dismissal.  No investigation to ascertain causation, just repeated assertions that the jab is safe, which means nothing to me when I'm unable to work.  Society needs to support those injured by the jabs if society expects everyone to have the jab.  It doesn't work like that at the moment.   

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: October 8, 2022, 12:22:30 pm »
The rest we will just go round in circles on,  I think it's difficult to understand how something like this affects you until it happens to you.  I used to share a lot of your opinions.

But this quote ^ has to work both ways.  I had my jabs.  I did the right thing to protect others, despite the risk to myself of covid being relatively low.  And since then by and large all I've had from doctors has been gaslighting and dismissal.  No investigation to ascertain causation, just repeated assertions that the jab is safe, which means nothing to me when I'm unable to work.  Society needs to support those injured by the jabs if society expects everyone to have the jab.  It doesn't work like that at the moment.

I hope you get what you need.

I don't even know what that looks like. Some bell on a footie forum running his mouth ain't nothing but if you're speaking to clinicians about this it does suggest it's .. handwaved, shitty

Honestly good luck with that. I wouldn't know where to start.

Offline vladis voice

• Main Stander
« Reply #1159 on: October 8, 2022, 03:13:32 pm »
How about you ask what my beliefs are first before wrongly assuming.

1.  I'm not a covid denier.
2.  My missus worked in intensive care for 6 weeks looking after covid patients.
3.  I've had close friends who've had it on a couple of occasions.
4.  Just because I don't want anymore jabs in me doesn't make me someone who doesn't believe (and spell the word right if you use it) in it.

I’m sorry if I’ve upset you but I haven’t made any assumptions about you at all, other than thinking that you may have formed some of your opinions based on what you read on the internet – maybe I’m wrong on that score and you reached these views entirely independently without any outside influence at all – happy to stand corrected if so - but I’m not sure that would necessary make any difference to the point I was trying to make.

Nor am I particularly interested in your wider beliefs if I’m being honest, and to be clear this isn’t because of any lack of respect towards them or you but, as I made clear in my original post, because you (and indeed everyone else) are quite entitled to believe whatever you want to as far as I’m concerned. I certainly haven’t suggested you are a COVID denier but if you are then it’s your right to be one and if you are not then that’s also your right.

What prompted me to post was specifically the posts that you had made in the previous few hours, firstly offering your opinion (and credit to you did make clear it was your opinion not a fact) that there was no point in getting a further booster as you felt it would not provide any additional protection, and then secondly, across three separate posts, where you stated that “we are essentially part of trials for these jabs” and that ‘no-one can say….that everything is OK with covid vaccines”…this time with no qualifiers to identify that your views were anything other than facts rather than an opinion.

You are clearly an intelligent person so I’m fairly sure you will be well aware that, in respect of the particular beliefs/opinions you posted, you are not on the same side as the overwhelmingly vast majority of scientific, medical and other expert opinion along with governmental guidance worldwide.

Despite that I have no problem with you or anyone else holding these particular beliefs for yourself and acting (or in the case of covid vaccination, not acting) personally on them, my issue is when they are constantly repeated in public fora, without any actual credible evidence to support them that stands up to any sort of rigorous scrutiny, as if the individuals personal belief alone somehow makes them just as valid to hold.

If people think they do have a credible, evidential, basis to back up their beliefs then by all means post away and provide the credible evidence which refutes the worldwide consensus of the experts in the field, in this particular case I’d be surprised if RAWK were to be the place that such evidence first comes to light (I’m guessing lots of news organisations would be keen to pay good money for the smoking gun on what would probably be the biggest scandal in human history)…..Otherwise It adds absolutely nothing to any discussion, comes across as a bit ‘look at me being contrary for the sake of it’ and risks influencing other people’s opinions on the matter which, in turn, may impact on their health or that of their loved ones should they remain unvaccinated and be unlucky enough to contract and potentially spread a Covid infection.

For the avoidance of doubt your choices are your choices and your beliefs are your beliefs mate – exactly as they should be, I have no intention of trying to make you change them and to be fair you are far from the only person over the past couple of years to espouse similar beliefs about the vaccines in this thread so apologies if my post clumsily came across as a personal attack on you as this was not my intention.

I rarely post on here so not sure why I chose to do yesterday, perhaps I just need to accept that the blurring of the edges between personal beliefs/opinions and scientific consensus/facts is the way things are on the internet these days - I wish people would be a little less willing to share the former and more willing to at least accept that denying the latter needs to be backed up with some rationale but I fear it’s probably too late for that.

Anyway I hope you and yours remain fit, healthy and well over the winter period and we are both happy with the result of the Arsenal game come 7 O’clock tomorrow evening, I’ve no desire for an argument so won’t be replying again, just wanted to give you the courtesy of a response to your comments…hopefully this time with no spelling errors to upset your inner grammar nazi 😊
« Last Edit: October 8, 2022, 04:01:01 pm by vladis voice »