Author Topic: Voronin targets Liverpool return  (Read 130745 times)

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
Re: Voronin targets Liverpool return
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2008, 10:02:54 am »
I hope voronin comes back to liverpool to collect the rest of his things then fucks off into the sunset with his leopard and pony tail.
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline jordo08

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2008, 10:04:22 am »
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
S.W.Y.D sleep when you're dead
www.twitter.com/TheManJordo

Offline barndog

• Main Stander
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2008, 10:26:32 am »
Dear god no...no..no

Offline codland

• Kopite
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2008, 11:10:07 am »
Voronin is doing well at Hertha ... Yesterday, he scored the only goal in Hertha's win over league leaders Hoffenheim ... Personally, I don't see him coming back to LFC ever, but we might use him in January in a swap deal for some of Hertha's players that could be interesting for LFC ... Arne Friedrich (regular right-back for the German NT) is free on Bosman in the summer, so Hertha might be tempted to let him go in January in such a deal ...

Arne for Voronin?!!!
kill me.

anyway it seems like Friedrich will get a new 4 year contract with Hertha in January.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2008, 11:14:01 am »
I really dont get it why so much hatred for him

Is it because he doesnt score many goals or just of his face?

Well, I hope it is only footballing reasons and if it because of lack of goals then keane should be along with it atm but he is not because.... (Please tell me)

Offline Narya

• Main Stander
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2008, 03:11:53 pm »
The thing is that in the German press the headlines were quite different from the ones in the original post. What was mainly said was that Hertha would love to make the deal permanent and the player himself would also like to stay there. Only problem so far seems to be the fee we're asking for or what Hertha think we might be asking for as there doesn't seem to have been any contact between the clubs yet about a permanent transfer.

It's really funny though how people go on about how the press hate us and how you shouldn't believe anything they say, but if it fits their bill they take every word as gospel and use it to slate a player who currently isn't even at the club. Voronin isn't good enough for Liverpool. I'd agree on that, but there is no need for name-calling and the stuff that's going on in this thread...

Thank you. That definitely needed to be said.

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2008, 03:42:15 pm »
The thing is that in the German press the headlines were quite different from the ones in the original post. What was mainly said was that Hertha would love to make the deal permanent and the player himself would also like to stay there. Only problem so far seems to be the fee we're asking for or what Hertha think we might be asking for as there doesn't seem to have been any contact between the clubs yet about a permanent transfer.

It's really funny though how people go on about how the press hate us and how you shouldn't believe anything they say, but if it fits their bill they take every word as gospel and use it to slate a player who currently isn't even at the club. Voronin isn't good enough for Liverpool. I'd agree on that, but there is no need for name-calling and the stuff that's going on in this thread...

Good to know...unfortunately it won't stop some of the name-calling on here.  For those interested in what's happening with Voronin at Hertha, it looks like he's found his home and a good level as a player according to Raf Honigstein, the Guardian's Bundesliga columnist:

Quote from: Raf Honigstein
Moody, inconsistent and 'experiencing the danger of megalomania': the rise and rise of Hertha Berlin
With few star names and innocuous progress, Hertha have been ignored by most of Germany this season. Not any more, however

Dieter Hoeneß never had a good touch for a big man, but then why play football when you can down opponents at 3,000 feet? "This guy jumps so high," the former Bayern player Norbert Nachtweih once said about his colleague, "by the time he comes down again, there's snow on his bald head." A lifelong over-achiever as a player, the younger of the Hoeneß brothers has been anything but as general manager. In fact, he's been so spectacularly average that people joked his appointment was all part of Bayern boss Uli's sinister masterplan to prevent the emergence of a new German superpower to rival the Bavarians. Either way, Hertha, despite their location in the reunited, newly confident and hip Berlin, stubbornly remained the knackered old dame of German football.

Dieter's 12 years in charge at Hertha have seen the odd success - they qualified for the Champions League in 1999 - but also more drab, uneventful seasons than Desperate Housewives. Only 12 months ago, Berlin flirted with relegation and a "Hoeneß out" campaign was gathering pace. Then new manager Lucien Favre steadied the ship. By the time August came around, an accelerated rejuvenation of the squad looked destined to lead to another lacklustre, transitional campaign that would alienate all the fair-weather fans the club needs in order to fill the vast, forbidding Olympic stadium.

The start of the season was innocuous enough. But then, somehow, they beat Leverkusen 1-0 thanks to a late, late goal from Bayer old boy Andrej Voronin at the beginning of October. Wins against Stuttgart, Hoffenheim and HSV followed (as well as a 1-5 drubbing in Bremen) and each time, Hertha incongruously prevailed against the ostensibly bigger, more talented side. Apart from Marko Pantelic, the Serbian striker who can out-diva Mariah Carey in behaviour and looks (think smaller thighs and better hair) and Voronin, there are no real names in the squad, so most of their progress has almost happened in private, away from the headlines.

When they beat Martin Jol's team on Saturday to climb to fourth spot in the table, the rest of Germany couldn't ignore them any longer, however. Following the 2-1 win, the whole team was pogo-dancing on the touchline with mascot Herthinho; a "Brazilian brown bear", according to Hertha, who suspiciously looks like a chipmunk after a lifelong diet of Döners. "When you're this far up [the table], you have to celebrate accordingly," explained captain Arne Friedrich.

Some of the players and staff refused to come back down to earth at all after the final whistle. "We want to be involved at the top after the winter break, too," said Brazilian midfielder Cicero, their leading goalscorer, "we're thinking about the trophy all the time." Favre was also in the mood for bold statements. "Our main goal is to build a team than can challenge for the title in 2010," said the Swiss coach.

"Hertha are experiencing days that come with the old danger of megalomania," warned Tagesspiegel. In another piece, however, the local broadsheet failed to heed its own words of caution and went on to (implicitly) compare Hertha's intelligent defensive strategies with those employed by Argentina in 1986 and the famous West German side which won at Wembley in 1972. In the lengthy think-piece, the paper never really explained what these strategies consisted of, which leaves you with the feeling that they are as much at a loss as everybody else when confronted with Berlin's unlikely success.

To the uninitiated eye, their "intelligent" defending comes down to little more than a good positioning sense from Friedrich and Joe Simunic, a pairing with no pace but plenty of experience and aerial prowess that would do Dieter Hoeneß proud. Unlike Jürgen Klinsmann and other proponents of attacking football, who are trying to get their teams to go forward almost at all cost, Favre has reconstructed his team from the ground up, in other words, from the back.

In addition to good organisation, they seem to have the mental strength to turn things around. "We all kicked each other up the back-side in the dressing room," was Friedrich's explanation for their much improved performance after the break, that saw them overturn the 1-0 deficit in a matter of minutes. Strange things seem to happen in this changing room. Against Hannover, Hertha had gone in at 0-0 at the break. Then Cicero asked everybody to form a circle. The 24-year-old made an impassioned appeal that lasted three minutes. Nobody quite knows what he was talking about: he spoke in Portuguese, and there was no interpreter at hand. But it worked. Hertha went out and won 3-0.

Perhaps Favre has simply made the most of the systematic weaknesses that seem to bedevil most decent sides this season. A look at the table reveals that Hertha have scored the fewest goals among all teams at the top (18), a little more than half compared with leaders Hoffenheim, for example. But they only collected four points less in the process. This suggests that Hertha, moody, inconsistent, undisciplined Hertha of all teams, have rediscovered the lost German art of winning games 2-1 or 1-0 at a time when others need three or four goals to secure a victory. In the free-scoring, defensively shambolic Klinsmann-Bundesliga, they're the last efficient side standing.

It's unclear whether this unique advantage can survive in the long run - others are bound to get a little better - but Favre has certainly put together a young, interesting side that can achieve more collectively than a mere look at the names would suggest. Even the finances have improved, thanks to a certain club from north London: €7.8m for Kevin-Prince Boateng, a player they wanted to get rid of, have made for the club's best financial result in 10 years: a profit of €5m. "It's a shame Tottenham's sporting director [Damien] Comolli has gone now," said Hertha's finance director Ingo Schiller with a big smile on Friday.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 03:48:46 pm by Manila Kop »
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline lunnylad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2008, 04:00:34 pm »
I really dont get it why so much hatred for him

Is it because he doesnt score many goals or just of his face?

Well, I hope it is only footballing reasons and if it because of lack of goals then keane should be along with it atm but he is not because.... (Please tell me)

Because he doesn't have a pony tail, a bird who wears leopard skin jumpsuits (in public), because he's not lazy like Voronin, because - unlike Voronin - he has a history of scoring goals in the Premier League. Should I go on?....

(don't say yes, that's all I've got really.....) ;)
6 may come first, but we all want 19
good luck to Rafa, where the fuck's Keane?....

Offline squishy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2008, 04:02:37 pm »
not in this lifetime andry lad

Offline steelersmark

• is engaged to a girl from Firenze.... firenze forever? Facebook Whopper Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't go out tonight...
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2008, 05:31:35 pm »
I want to play for Liverpool too. Just as likely I suspect.
"Lads, we've all seen Airport, we know where this is going."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2008, 05:53:41 pm »
I want to play for Liverpool too. Just as likely I suspect.

na, you're shit compared to him.

Offline --Peter--

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2008, 06:49:38 pm »
He played in Ireland against St Pats in the UEFA Cup first round a while ago...The fella is muck...He had a horrific miss.  Hope he stays in Germany  ;D

Offline Mr.Red

• meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh......meh
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2008, 06:50:52 pm »
He played in Ireland against St Pats in the UEFA Cup first round a while ago...The fella is muck...He had a horrific miss.  Hope he stays in Germany  ;D

Bring him back...he's better than Keane!

Offline --Peter--

• Boys Pen
« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2008, 06:54:02 pm »
Robbie Keane managed to score against St Pats for Spurs last season...Voronin was absolute muck.  Worst footballer I've ever seen playin.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2008, 07:16:51 pm »
This is in no way trying to be funny, witty, provocative or anything else other than factual. At the moment, Keane is offering us very little more than Voronin did when he was here.

I hope to God we start seeing the Keane of Spurs but, based on current form, I don't think he warrants a place in the side.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2008, 07:26:39 pm »
The man is a legend. All is forgiven Vorogoal, please come back home.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 22, 2008, 07:34:37 pm »
The man is a legend. All is forgiven Vorogoal, please come back home.

I certainly wouldn't go that far! :lmao

Offline skerriesred

• Main Stander
  • Devuelvemela pelota.
« Reply #137 on: November 22, 2008, 07:42:22 pm »
Robbie Keane will be a success for us ... but ... it will take time. I think he is working hard but is still in awe about actually playing for the home team at Anfield.

Voronin just looked amazed when he was picked!  Won't be welcomed at Anfield unless the first team suffer a Munich type disaster and even then only if the under 17's are all at home with measles .
" Never make a decision until you have to, because often they are made for you"
Bill Shankly

Offline Vladi 1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2008, 06:34:58 pm »
ive heard that Dossena has challenged him to a pie eating contest so he's coming back. the pair of fat bastards are as useless as each other!

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2008, 07:39:14 pm »
ive heard that Dossena has challenged him to a pie eating contest so he's coming back. the pair of fat bastards are as useless as each other!

Thank you for that insightful and uplifting post you bitter negative person that I find irritating.  FFS.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Vladi 1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2008, 07:49:07 pm »

Offline ashley b

• Main Stander
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2008, 08:00:50 pm »
ive heard that Dossena has challenged him to a pie eating contest so he\'s coming back. the pair of fat bastards are as useless as each other!
that made me laugh

Offline rafa forever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2008, 08:05:20 pm »
Vorinon in, Torres out.
Trade count +17

Through the thick and thin.

Offline Edu

• Kemlynite
  • Liverpool is a style.
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2008, 08:07:44 pm »
Voronin is not good enough for Liverpool, so he should stay there.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2008, 09:40:57 pm »
He's no Dirk Diggler

And he's not good enough.

#JFT97

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2008, 09:44:02 pm »
pantelic didnt start for hertha yesterday
we really should ask for him in exchange :)

more than usefull lone striker
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline IOMRed

• Kopite
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #146 on: December 1, 2008, 09:19:31 am »
I'd rather see Voronin on the bench than Ngog, I do not understand why Voronin gets so much grief on here. ok he's not world class but he aint the worst I have ever seen in a red shirt.
Fernando Torres, Liverpool's no. 9. His armband proved he was a red, Torres, Torres, you'll never walk alone it said, Torres, Torres, we bought the lad from sunny Spain, he gets the ball and scores again, Fernando Torres, Liverpool's no. 9.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #147 on: December 1, 2008, 09:24:09 am »
I'd rather see Voronin on the bench than Ngog, I do not understand why Voronin gets so much grief on here. ok he's not world class but he aint the worst I have ever seen in a red shirt.

He's not world class, you can say that again, he's the worst player I've ever seen up front for the Reds (including Diouf)
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline MikeyCoo

• Boys Pen
« Reply #148 on: December 1, 2008, 09:27:10 am »
Swap Voronin with Newcastle for Mikey Owen  ;D

I read in the news of the world that we could be interested as he's a free agent in the coming months, and I bet he'd rather sit on our bench then start for Newcastle
YNWA

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 1, 2008, 09:32:09 am »
voronin was not good enough but up to now same time of the year robbie keane 4 goals(CL 2 league 2)  voronin 4 goals (CL1 League 3) so why did voronin get stick when he was a free transfer  but keane doesnt and he is a 20 million pound player plus keane has played well more games , now personally both should not be castigated but facts speak loudly .

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #150 on: December 1, 2008, 09:33:59 am »
voronin was not good enough but up to now same time of the year robbie keane 4 goals(CL 2 league 2)  voronin 4 goals (CL1 League 3) so why did voronin get stick but keane doesnt and keane has played well more games , no personally both should not be castigated but facts speak loudly .
i think its that at voros max ability he is not good enough, plus the ponytail and outbursts dont help.
keane is not plaing to his potential yet, and we all know it and are hopeful of his contributions getting much better

Offline Georgi_Angelovski

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #151 on: December 1, 2008, 09:34:34 am »
He's not world class, you can say that again, he's the worst player I've ever seen up front for the Reds (including Diouf)

That is bullshit and not worthy of a true LFC fan. Voronin is certainly not a world beater, but he was brought in to perform a certain role on our team. At some games he did good, but in general it was clear he is not up to the challenge of playing at this level. By the way, Keane was bought this summer (for 20 million) to perform the exact same role on our team, and he is not exactly the world beater, either.

In general, Voronin would not be a failure for Rafa and LFC, since he is doing very well at the Bundesliga at the moment and, hopefully, we will get at least 3 million for him in January or in the summer. Even if you count his wages for the time he spent at LFC, that would still represent a profit for our club.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #152 on: December 1, 2008, 09:42:20 am »
Swap Voronin with Newcastle for Mikey Owen  ;D

I read in the news of the world that we could be interested as he's a free agent in the coming months, and I bet he'd rather sit on our bench then start for Newcastle

No offence mate but that paper is a load of sh*t
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #153 on: December 1, 2008, 09:48:16 am »

Absolute bollocks mate. I'm not going to come on here on say Voronin is a world beater or that I didn't get frustrated watching him last season. However, to say he is 'the worst player I've ever seen up front for the Reds' is an absolute pile of sh*t. Without even thinking, on ability alone he's better than Meijer and Dundee. It's also arguable whether a whole host of other players where any better as well (e.g. Saunders, Diouf,).
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 1, 2008, 09:53:22 am »
Ability-wise, there's nothing wrong with Voronin.  I'd much rather he was in and around our squad right now than in Berlin.
As for temperament and what he 'allegedly' said about living here, that's another issue.
Worse than Diouf?  I almost choked on my caviar when I read that!

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #155 on: December 1, 2008, 09:56:55 am »
diouf... lol... rubbish.
at least voro has ability and is relatively level headed.
voro is not a bad player, but i think we just dont need so many average players in the squad,
id much prefer youth

Offline MikeyCoo

• Boys Pen
« Reply #156 on: December 1, 2008, 10:01:38 am »
No offence mate but that paper is a load of sh*t

Yeah I know the papers talk shite alot of the time

But I'm all for re-signing Michael Owen

my mates (not liverpool fans) have written him off saying he's past it now

I think its motivation, would anyone want to play in that team at the moment?
YNWA

Offline ftsglfc1986

• Anny Roader
« Reply #157 on: December 1, 2008, 10:19:38 am »
Well I cant believe what i hear some people saying. Yes he is not that good of a player but lets face it if he had been on against fulham and tottanham he would have won us them games. And he is still a Liverpool player. He was free and didnt get many chances. If he wants to come back he is gonna want to prove him self before he gets back in to the first team. This could mean him scoring some vital goals and i can see rafa taking him back because of this lets face it allot of these missed chances he would of scored.
SoccerManager European set up = Inter Milan
SoccerManager Whizz's set up = Tottenham
I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #158 on: December 1, 2008, 10:22:20 am »
for a free you can't really go wrong, he was doing well in pre-season
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline lunnylad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #159 on: December 1, 2008, 12:22:38 pm »
voronin was not good enough but up to now same time of the year robbie keane 4 goals(CL 2 league 2)  voronin 4 goals (CL1 League 3) so why did voronin get stick when he was a free transfer  but keane doesnt and he is a 20 million pound player plus keane has played well more games , now personally both should not be castigated but facts speak loudly .

These are, apparently, Voronins career statistics(1995-2008):

Borussia Mönchengladbach : played 9, scored 1
Mainz : played 75, scored 29
Köln : played 19, scored 4
Bayer Leverkusen : played 92, scored 32

Liverpool→ Hertha Berlin (loan)

Ukraine : played 54 , scored 6

These are Robbie Keanes (1997-2008)

Wolves : played 73, scored 24
Coventry : played 31, scored 12
Inter : played 6, scored 0
Leeds (inc loan spell) played 46, scored 13
Spurs : played 197, scored 80

ROI : played 85, scored 35

Voronin gets slated because he's just not very good. I certainly don't think he's any kind of Sean Dundee, but I don't think that he improves our squad either. Seeing as how you're using a stats based argument, check those out above - Keane is a more prolific striker, in a shorter period of time. Furthermore, he's done a lot of his scoring in the EPL - so we know it's in his locker.

Unfortunately for Voro the only thing in his locker is a leopard print jumpsuit, an alice band, some timotei and a cougar. Not the worst player we've ever had, but certainly a candidate for worst barnet and dresser. On those points alone I don't think we should want him back... ;)
6 may come first, but we all want 19
good luck to Rafa, where the fuck's Keane?....