Author Topic: The Jordan Pickford thread  (Read 194663 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Jordan Pickford appreciation thread
« Reply #1480 on: July 27, 2020, 07:11:33 pm »
Brazil has Alisson as their no.1 keeper, while we have Pickford….
It's only because Pickford is not Brazilian. If his name was Pickfordinho, he was definitely in the talks.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1481 on: July 27, 2020, 08:15:11 pm »
It's only because Pickford is not Brazilian. If his name was Pickfordinho, he was definitely in the talks.

Trexiniho :D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1483 on: July 27, 2020, 08:25:14 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1484 on: July 27, 2020, 09:03:10 pm »
He’s approaching his prime years.
Looking forward to it.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1485 on: July 27, 2020, 09:41:49 pm »
I must admit to being very sad when one of the chuckle brothers passed away. I do wonder though if maybe Jordan could join the remaining brother.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1486 on: July 27, 2020, 09:50:54 pm »
There have been some real shit house keepers on Merseyside the past number of years.... but Pickford really takes the cake for being
not only the worst but the most hated and ugliest looking.

So to that, I say Thank You Pickford.
Who are they then?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1487 on: July 28, 2020, 07:17:47 am »
Here it is for the archive: https://streamja.com/zNElR

Absolute clown.

Probably someone who doesn't watch English league will say that's a fixed match. That's how bad Pickford is.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1488 on: July 28, 2020, 08:06:17 am »

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1489 on: July 28, 2020, 08:51:34 am »
Probably someone who doesn't watch English league will say that's a fixed match. That's how bad Pickford is.

He'd not be the first goalie to take a bung in a relegation decider at Goodison

Online boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1490 on: July 28, 2020, 08:58:14 am »
Even I could've saved that. That was just plain embarassing.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #1491 on: July 28, 2020, 09:03:45 am »
I think it was a brave, but ultimately stupid, decision by Everton to go with a hologram of Joe Hart in goal this season. Still it's another first to add to their  'Wall of Achievement'.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1492 on: July 28, 2020, 12:11:09 pm »
I've watched it over and over again and struggle to see why he failed to save that (Hans Segers? ;) )

One thing which I picked up with Mignolet and I wonder if it came from Sunderland, is Pickford does that same little bounce Migs does, so he's off his feet when the ball is struck, so slows his reaction to the shot.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1493 on: July 28, 2020, 12:28:07 pm »
He's never missed a league game for Everton, it's incredible stuff. With the shorter time to plan for next season and less transfers, there's a good chance he's still going to be in goal throughout all of next season, brilliant stuff.

As much of a joker as he is though, we've got to score at Goodison next season. The fact we haven't scored past him in 3 matches there is poor.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1494 on: July 28, 2020, 12:29:31 pm »
He's never missed a league game for Everton, it's incredible stuff. With the shorter time to plan for next season and less transfers, there's a good chance he's still going to be in goal throughout all of next season, brilliant stuff.

As much of a joker as he is though, we've got to score at Goodison next season. The fact we haven't scored past him in 3 matches there is poor.

We need to literally just shoot from anywhere.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1495 on: July 28, 2020, 12:47:28 pm »
We need to literally just shoot from anywhere.

Yeah.  We need to be brave and just take pot shots at him whenever we get the ball in even a semi decent position.  He's so easily rattled that he's bound to fuck up a relatively harmless shot and turn it into a goalscoring opportunity.

I'd like to play them at Goodison first next season for a change.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1496 on: July 28, 2020, 02:09:49 pm »
Stekelenburg
Well that's two from Everton.
Where are the rest from Merseyside  ???
Unless he means that they're 'shit housekeepers' and live in messy houses.

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1497 on: July 28, 2020, 03:02:24 pm »
Well that's two from Everton.
Where are the rest from Merseyside  ???
Unless he means that they're 'shit housekeepers' and live in messy houses.

Charles Itanje
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1498 on: July 28, 2020, 08:37:34 pm »
For those who remember them, how was Westerveld, Nigel Martyn, Myhre, Paul Gerrard, Southall etc for them as keepers?
I think Tim Howard was decent but don't remember much about the others in PL era.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1499 on: July 28, 2020, 08:40:59 pm »
Martyn was their best of the PL era, just a no frills good shot stopper. Southall pre-PL was head and shoulders above them all.

Gerrard and Steve Simonsen were both truly awful. Forgot about Richard Wright, given the hype around him, probably the worst of the lot.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 08:42:32 pm by gerrardisgod »
AHA!

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1500 on: July 28, 2020, 08:55:17 pm »
Martyn was their best of the PL era, just a no frills good shot stopper. Southall pre-PL was head and shoulders above them all.

Gerrard and Steve Simonsen were both truly awful. Forgot about Richard Wright, given the hype around him, probably the worst of the lot.
He did well with Pink Floyd though ;)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1501 on: July 28, 2020, 08:57:54 pm »
For those who remember them, how was Westerveld, Nigel Martyn, Myhre, Paul Gerrard, Southall etc for them as keepers?
I think Tim Howard was decent but don't remember much about the others in PL era.

Southall was a fantastic keeper, the rest were meh.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1502 on: July 28, 2020, 09:00:17 pm »
Gotta admit, even Pickford looked promising before Everton. I actually argued with a few of you in the transfer forum saying he seemed worth the money and they could have done worse :lmao

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1503 on: July 28, 2020, 09:22:51 pm »
Gotta admit, even Pickford looked promising before Everton. I actually argued with a few of you in the transfer forum saying he seemed worth the money and they could have done worse :lmao

I genuinely feel he regressed this season. He wasn't a world beater before, but I don't remember him being this bad... Could well be that Origi's 90+6 winner broke him.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1504 on: July 28, 2020, 09:26:45 pm »
I dunno if it's possible to "break" Pickford parse. He comes across as so full of himself and honestly too dumb to realise he's not as good as he thinks he is.

If he'd done what Karius did in Kiev it would probably have been water off a duck's back to him, but that doesn't mean he has a strong mentality.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1505 on: July 28, 2020, 11:39:23 pm »
I dunno if it's possible to "break" Pickford parse. He comes across as so full of himself and honestly too dumb to realise he's not as good as he thinks he is.

If he'd done what Karius did in Kiev it would probably have been water off a duck's back to him, but that doesn't mean he has a strong mentality.
Reflective practice certainly isn't his thing. He seems too cocky to look at himself in a critical way then adjust his approach accordingly. It's certainly not a mental strength. To some, it may appear to be so, because his mistakes don't appear to worry him, but his lack of reflective practice sees him not learning from those mistakes. Rather than being a mental strength, it's actually a weakness.

Strength comes from being willing to identify and own your weaknesses, then being willing to learn from them. To do this, you need a sense of humility that the likes of Pickford don't seem to have.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1506 on: July 28, 2020, 11:57:33 pm »

A lot of goalkeepers seem to do well when they have a team that defends deep in front of them, limiting their responsibility to just standing on the line and parrying things, but as soon as they're in a more open team they fall apart. Pickford, Mignolet, Arrizabalaga and maybe de Gea have all had this issue.

I'm hoping we see United and Chelsea lining up with Henderson and Pope sometime soon.

Offline Ginieus

• Main Stander
  • Chilled out entertainer
« Reply #1507 on: July 29, 2020, 12:46:46 am »
Joe Hart v2 but at least Hart had a good spell before all the mistakes. Pickford can't be number 1 next season surely?

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1508 on: July 29, 2020, 01:09:39 am »

There were plenty on here bigging him up, particularly his distribution, which is, and has always been, nothing short of horrific. Mignolet is practically a NFL kicker compared to this fraud.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1509 on: July 29, 2020, 01:47:30 am »
Joe Hart v2 but at least Hart had a good spell before all the mistakes.

Kept his critics at arm's length...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #1510 on: July 29, 2020, 02:10:03 am »
They really should have cashed in on him after the world cup when his stock was relatively high. Now, it would be hard to shift him, even more so due to virus economics.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1511 on: July 29, 2020, 04:21:51 am »
Now that Pickford interview about Allison looks incredibly amusing.
Believer

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1512 on: July 29, 2020, 07:11:01 am »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1514 on: July 29, 2020, 08:55:37 am »
Charles Itanje

He was an asshole of the biggest order his antics at the Hillsborough function.

Jesus that scene still annoys me.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #1515 on: July 29, 2020, 09:02:07 am »
He remains that kid in school who the other kids are wary of and stay away from because of his skiddies. The one that could suddenly run around the playground with his tongue out and hitting people. Would be described as a "bit minty" and would nick your matchbox cars right in front of you.

You hear about them from time to time as an adult. Either, "oh didn`t you hear." and it turns out they're inside for something very odd.....or they're a nutter CEO of a big company and you can`t wrap your head round how.

Every school had one. The minty nutter.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1516 on: July 29, 2020, 02:45:44 pm »
If PFA gives our disappointment of the season he would be the front runner.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1517 on: July 29, 2020, 02:54:30 pm »
How could he be called a disappointment with the amount of laughter he brings to people all round the world when they watch clips of his 'saves'?

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1518 on: July 29, 2020, 03:07:12 pm »
How could he be called a disappointment with the amount of laughter he brings to people all round the world when they watch clips of his 'saves'?

Yeah, this alone rules out Disappointment of the Season

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1519 on: July 29, 2020, 04:16:58 pm »
Yeah, this alone rules out Disappointment of the Season

LOL!

Wtf. Making a save from behind the goal line.