Author Topic: The Laugh at Manchester United Thread or the 'Ban Thread' for idiots....?.  (Read 1247874 times)

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
Re: José Mourinho - Invincibles!
« Reply #13200 on: April 22, 2017, 12:38:54 am »
He's got a sense of humour, that's what I've always liked about Zlatan. The ego thing and persona is all a bit Chuck Norris, but it's amusing. Despite his sketchy form (and despite his tally he has missed a lot of chances) there's clearly a leader there who is a big moment player. They will miss him even if they are slightly more fluent with Rashford up top.

Leaves him and United in a difficult situation with his contract. Did he actually get offered one?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:42:54 am by -Daws- »
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #13201 on: April 22, 2017, 12:58:22 am »
Ibra's injury situation leaves me with such mixed emotion. I can't decide whether to laugh hysterically at United misfortune to lose your only real goalscorer in the most crucial moment of the season or manically cry that they hadn't blown 300k a week to keep him on for next season?

As for the player, its a real shame this happens at this moment, because lets be honest here, if the papers are right and he doesn't play again until next January, by the time he gets any kind of match sharpness, next season is a write off, and at his age, who knows if he ever really recovers. Likely the end of him on any kind of big stage.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #13202 on: April 22, 2017, 06:34:25 am »
He won't be coming back if he has done his ACL ...not a chance

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #13203 on: April 22, 2017, 07:31:37 am »
Have you watched the game? Even if we ignore the fact that Mancs' 1st goal came from an obvious handball, and the 2nd goal was a deflection, it was by far Chelsea's worst game of the season. They never showed up, just like they didn't show up against Palace couple of weeks earlier. Something is happening at Chelsea, but they are still hiding it well from the press.

You're dead right about the Kings Road swells not turning up. Maybe they thought they just had to walk out on the park and the game would have been handed to them on a plate. Their individual stars just didn't perform - unless you count Costa's usual face-holding histrionics as "performing". To be more accurate still, they were not allowed to perform because they were out-fought by their counterparts on the day. 
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #13204 on: April 22, 2017, 07:54:39 am »
Smalling has a knee injury sustained on England duty while Jones suffered a foot problem in a tackle with Smalling in training before England's friendly against Germany in Dusseldorf last month.

Mourinho added: "They have to be brave now. If it was me, it [returning from injury] would be tomorrow.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13205 on: April 22, 2017, 08:29:19 am »
He really is a bad dickhead.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #13206 on: April 22, 2017, 08:36:55 am »
I actually like Zlatan. His ego bullshit is just a persona or a pisstake of sorts. You can see through some of his interviews what he's really like. I never read into his one liners really.

yeah i agree, whilst its great to revel in that arrogance as a rival fan its clearly a brilliant self deprecating pisstake.

Unless it isn't in which case WOW that means Zlatan would make Narcissus look a bit shy
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #13207 on: April 22, 2017, 08:41:00 am »
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2017/Apr/Paul-Pogba-tops-passing-charts-at-home-and-abroad.aspx?newsid=CE6374C3-EE87-475F-B4CF-036314DF8383

And so he should be for 90 mill.

Honestly, the utter desperation they're showing now, trying to convince everyone Pogba has been a success is absolutely hilarious. ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's about 30 passes ahead of Hendo who's been broken half the season. They paid too much for him, there's no shame to admit it, he's a good footballer, not world class. They bought him as a brand and most of your prawn sandwich mancs believe the hype. Most sensible ones are aware Carrick is more important than him
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 11:59:53 am by Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero »
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well 14 passes.

See he's pretty good at long balls though

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
Paul "Can't tackle" Scholes reckons that Rashford has the ability of players like Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar.
He certainly has an enormous potential, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/39668405

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13213 on: April 22, 2017, 12:42:02 pm »
Oh wait am I stupid? Does the CL qualification for the EL winner NOT take the 4th place slot? Has this already been answered a billion times?
Yes you're stupid, yes it's been answered a billion times  ;D
Billion and 1 now - England gets 5 places, Top 4 and Europa winners
Stop that right now.

;D You know what, embarrassment be damned. That 'news' makes me so genuinely happy that I don't care!

Offline Miltonred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Paul "Can't tackle" Scholes reckons that Rashford has the ability of players like Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar.
He certainly has an enormous potential, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

I reckon he could be as big a star as Danny Welbeck.

Offline Lucaspool FC

• Kopite
He certainly has an enormous potential

Does he really? If he was not english he wouldn't be very hyped at all. I think he will have closer to a Carroll or Welbeck career rather than a Rooney one.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13216 on: April 22, 2017, 02:27:40 pm »
He won't be coming back if he has done his ACL ...not a chance

This. At his age he's finished with an ACL.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I know he's playing for yernited, but it's still not good to see a player injured like that.

That's his career probably over.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Sorry end to a stellar career if so. Scrambling around trying to qualify for a tournament he'll never win anyway.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Shame that. I kind of like him. His United career is almost certainly over, but not sure about his overall career. There's always the MLS or something.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Surely his ego would only make him more determined to come back surely?

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
No tears for Rojo then?

Offline Miltonred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

But will he be as good as Janujizz?

I'm just watching Cleverly. Will he reach the heights that Tom has? 

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Man Utd have confirmed that Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcos Rojo will miss the remainder of the season http://bbc.in/2p38Gb8

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Both have cruciate ligament injuries. Be interesting how they do without there top goal scorer now

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Two ACLs in one game. That's pretty fucked up.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
No tears for Rojo then?

No ....He's a c*nt

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
Can't say I'm sad Ibrahimovic won't be playing for Utd anymore. But seeing such a legend of the game in my opinion potentially ending his career like that is rough.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Lol only just seen this too http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/04/21/34795902/man-utd-duo-smalling-and-jones-urged-to-be-brave-to-risk-by

Basically telling them to play while injured and deal with it. Brilliant management.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
No tears for Rojo then?

No, karma for him, the players he's tried to injure with shithouse tackles, 
#Sausages

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Both have cruciate ligament injuries. Be interesting how they do without there top goal scorer now

I actually think it's advantageous. Rashford, Martial and Lingard offer pace and movement, and won't be playing in Ibrahimovic's shadow. Despite his goals, Ibrahimovic actually stunted Utd's attack. They'll play a more expansive game now, and the real pace they've got will cause teams different problems.

Just my opinion, nothing against Ibrahimovic.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan

So the great Bringer of Youth Jose Mourinho has him on the bench? Sounds about right.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No, karma for him, the players he's tried to injure with shithouse tackles, 
and that incident with the woman in a bar in Manchester a year or two ago, utter arsehole of a man

Meanwhile, will this tit ever learn?

https://twitter.com/unitedstandmufc/status/855808172006789120

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Lol only just seen this too http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/04/21/34795902/man-utd-duo-smalling-and-jones-urged-to-be-brave-to-risk-by

Basically telling them to play while injured and deal with it. Brilliant management.

From the Roy Hodgson coaching manual.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I actually think it's advantageous. Rashford, Martial and Lingard offer pace and movement, and won't be playing in Ibrahimovic's shadow. Despite his goals, Ibrahimovic actually stunted Utd's attack. They'll play a more expansive game now, and the real pace they've got will cause teams different problems.

Just my opinion, nothing against Ibrahimovic.
Ibrahimovic is a big game player though. Would've made a big difference if they make it to the Europa League final.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
Shame that. I kind of like him. His United career is almost certainly over, but not sure about his overall career. There's always the MLS or something.

Considering he's been their best player and will only be sidelined due to an injury sustained whilst playing for them, I think they'll extend his contract for another year. Would be incredibly harsh and insensitive if they didn't, he was one of their marquee incomings and would send the wrong message for potential signings.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Ibrahimovic is a big game player though. Would've made a big difference if they make it to the Europa League final.

Oh I accept that. Just pointing out that it's a potential "swings and roundabouts" issue. They'll cause teams a different set of problems now.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline goalspaytherent

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry

I thought they'd already won it ?

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.

He already called out Smalling a few months back implying he should tough it out and play. Turned out the injury was more serious than he thought and Smalling was out more than a month. Interestingly enough, he used Jones as the stick to beat Smalling with in that instance, something along the lines of Jones being willing to play even when not at 100% and unlike others.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh I accept that. Just pointing out that it's a potential "swings and roundabouts" issue. They'll cause teams a different set of problems now.
He'll play elbows in Ibrahimovic's place so I doubt you'll notice much of a difference.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"