Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 302847 times)

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #2840 on: May 15, 2009, 07:53:59 pm »
yep from what i understand the 40% thing will be put in place to stop all clubs getting in over their heads, indeed big clubs can live with such big debt but the smaller clubs end up going bust.
if a loan is taken out to build a new ground then the vaule of the club will go up, this means that the 40% is worth more money (based on the vaule of the club once the new ground it built).

dont for get of big buildings are bult and then only paid for once they are built, not sure how this would work in football but you could see clubs taking out a 20% loan for the new ground and pay the builders once the profit comes in once its built., or the builders hold a stake in the new ground and use that till they also make a profit and then had the stake back to the club.
there are ways of not takeing out 100% loans to bulid grounds.

now is the best time to get loans if you've got the guaretees in place.  Interests rates are at an all time low, building materials are at an all time low and there's be enought competition in the industry to take the contract which again will drive costs lower.  If there is an cash injection of some sort, we'd do well.

As a club we have had one of our best years for a while, and this summer is crucial....we cannot allow the houllier effect whereby we took on players that were promising but not proven at the highest level which ultimately set us back 4 years - question is how much of this has been down to financial acumen by G&H or whether its been benitez - personally its been a combination of both, G&H have scrutinised transfer dealings and benitez has bought wisely, and where things haven't worked out benitez has shipped 'em out with little financial loss.

Takeover talks will go on and on, although i hate the fact that G&H are in charge, this current period of LFC history is one where we have to pull together and make sure it works. 

I wouldnt have said this a year a go but i'm willing to move on with G&H in charge if we continue to prosper, but i dont think i could settle for another shocker whatever that maybe....now you can get your knives out!!

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #2841 on: May 15, 2009, 08:18:13 pm »
now is the best time to get loans if you've got the guarantees in place.  Interests rates are at an all time low, building materials are at an all time low and there's be enought competition in the industry to take the contract which again will drive costs lower.  If there is an cash injection of some sort, we'd do well.

As a club we have had one of our best years for a while, and this summer is crucial....we cannot allow the houllier effect whereby we took on players that were promising but not proven at the highest level which ultimately set us back 4 years - question is how much of this has been down to financial acumen by G&H or whether its been benitez - personally its been a combination of both, G&H have scrutinised transfer dealings and benitez has bought wisely, and where things haven't worked out benitez has shipped 'em out with little financial loss.

Takeover talks will go on and on, although i hate the fact that G&H are in charge, this current period of LFC history is one where we have to pull together and make sure it works. 

I wouldnt have said this a year a go but i'm willing to move on with G&H in charge if we continue to prosper, but i dont think i could settle for another shocker whatever that maybe....now you can get your knives out!!

Each to their own mate.  IMO I don't believe these guys will be here to make sure the loan is paid off.  They will saddle along whist milking as much as possible then sell the club once they get the offer they want. 

Its perfectly normal to loose the will to oppose whilst what you oppose drags on with no end in sight.  If these guys ride the storm out and get a secure grip on the club then i think what they have did in the past is the tip of the iceberg.  I don't want to be part of a "Pull together and make it work" if it means lining the Americans pockets and rolling over so they can take some more. 

Their past actions will be the tip of the iceberg, god only knows what they will do once they are comfortable.
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2842 on: May 15, 2009, 08:23:31 pm »
Reddin resigns as CEO of Richard Petty Motorsports

By JENNA FRYER – 28 minutes ago

CONCORD, N.C. (AP) — Tom Reddin resigned as CEO of Richard Petty Motorsports on Friday for what the team called personal reasons.

RPM's four drivers were informed of the resignation in a team meeting at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Foster Gillett, son of majority team owner George Gillett Jr., is expected to assume some of Reddin's duties.

"Foster is coming back from Montreal, and he's going to be more hands-on at the company," said star RPM driver Kasey Kahne. "I think that it will be fine. I think Foster does a good job with things and he's a good guy to talk to and work with. Hopefully everything turns out good."

Although RPM started the season strong after the January merger between Gillett Evernham Motorsports and Petty Enterprises, performance has tailed off the past several weeks. Kahne has been openly critical of how his team is not running at the same level it was last year.

But Kahne said he was told Reddin's departure was not related to performance issues.

"I heard that he had some family things that he was working on," the driver said.

Reddin joined Gillett Evernham in 2008, the first year it was owned primarily by the Gillett family.

Reddin moved to NASCAR after several roles with Kraft Foods, CBS, Coca-Cola and most recently LendingTree, where he was chief executive officer.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jlC1iHNzzK2ha-H-oaTQItfBQm_wD986RJDO0
for those of you watching in black and white Liverpool are the team with the ball

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #2843 on: May 15, 2009, 08:26:16 pm »
Reddin resigns as CEO of Richard Petty Motorsports

By JENNA FRYER – 28 minutes ago

CONCORD, N.C. (AP) — Tom Reddin resigned as CEO of Richard Petty Motorsports on Friday for what the team called personal reasons.

RPM's four drivers were informed of the resignation in a team meeting at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Foster Gillett, son of majority team owner George Gillett Jr., is expected to assume some of Reddin's duties.

"Foster is coming back from Montreal, and he's going to be more hands-on at the company," said star RPM driver Kasey Kahne. "I think that it will be fine. I think Foster does a good job with things and he's a good guy to talk to and work with. Hopefully everything turns out good."

Although RPM started the season strong after the January merger between Gillett Evernham Motorsports and Petty Enterprises, performance has tailed off the past several weeks. Kahne has been openly critical of how his team is not running at the same level it was last year.

But Kahne said he was told Reddin's departure was not related to performance issues.

"I heard that he had some family things that he was working on," the driver said.

Reddin joined Gillett Evernham in 2008, the first year it was owned primarily by the Gillett family.

Reddin moved to NASCAR after several roles with Kraft Foods, CBS, Coca-Cola and most recently LendingTree, where he was chief executive officer.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jlC1iHNzzK2ha-H-oaTQItfBQm_wD986RJDO0
HAHA, i wonder how long Foster will last,  pissed off out a liverpool when the heat in the kitchen got too hot.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2844 on: May 15, 2009, 08:33:28 pm »
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090515.WBstreetwise20090515151310/WBStory/WBstreetwise

There are at least four possible bidders for the Canadiens, and owner George Gillett has hired investment bank BMO Nesbitt Burns to run an auction that may conclude by the end of June. Mr. Péladeau and Quebecor are loosely linked to a consortium that also includes the Saputo family, an heir in the Bronfman clan, and singer Celine Dion and her husband. There is another Quebec-based bidder led by former Habs star Serge Savard, and possible interest from an Ontario and an American group.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Jack Slater

• The hard hitting Detective with a drink problem and an eye for the ladies
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2845 on: May 16, 2009, 06:44:06 am »

If there is an cash injection of some sort, we'd do well.
There won't be.

As a club we have had one of our best years for a while...
No thanks to G&H.  They dragged out Rafa's contract negotiations.  They wouldnt allow any players to extend their contracts in the run-up to the January deadline. 

question is how much of this has been down to financial acumen by G&H or whether its been benitez - personally its been a combination of both, G&H have scrutinised transfer dealings  ...
What do you mean by "scrutinised"?  Are you saying that there was some disastrous move that Rafa wanted to make, but that G&H heroically prevented?

What bollocks!

The reason we have Degen (and no offence to the lad) is not because Rafa felt he was the best available RB last summer.  It's because he was free.

The reason we dont have Barry (not someone I'm especially keen on personally) is that G&H "scrutinised" this deal and said "no".

The reason we didnt get Dani Alves for £12m is that G&H "scrutinised" this deal and said buy Pennant for £6m instead.  (2 years later, Alves was worth £23m, and we couldnt even get anyone to take Pennant off us on a Free).

We need to do everything in our power to stop the club being put into administration by G&H. 

... i'm willing to move on with G&H in charge if we continue to prosper ...
What do you mean by "continue"?

We have the best manager we've had since (at least) Kenny, and he's taken us high up in the league.  Whether we come 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, none of it is thanks to G&H, and none of it amounts to "prospering".

In the last few seasons, Liverpool has had the highest revenues in its history. This isnt due to G&H (*), it's because, we have had repeated success in the CL, and because TV money is at an all time high.  All that G&H's ownership has done is to ensure that tens of millions of that money goes, not to improving the infrastructure or playing staff, but to the banks who lent the money which G&H gave to Moores.

To be clear, the TV money (in slightly varying amounts) also benefits Villa, Everton, Spurs, and everyone else.  G&H arent advancing us in comparison to anyone else.

Whereas the CL money is split between 4 clubs (partly based on progression in the tournament, but largely based on league position).  It's Rafa and the players who earned that money, not G&H.

(*) Just to be fair, G&H have worked on improving the club's commercial side, which is welcome and long overdue.  However, firstly, the increased revenue from these efforts is dwarfed by the revenue from TV and CL.  Secondly, any competent owner would have taken these measures;  G&H havent done anything unique or special.

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2846 on: May 16, 2009, 07:10:00 am »

Each to their own mate.  IMO I don't believe these guys will be here to make sure the loan is paid off.  They will saddle along whist milking as much as possible then sell the club once they get the offer they want. 

Its perfectly normal to loose the will to oppose whilst what you oppose drags on with no end in sight.  If these guys ride the storm out and get a secure grip on the club then i think what they have did in the past is the tip of the iceberg.  I don't want to be part of a "Pull together and make it work" if it means lining the Americans pockets and rolling over so they can take some more. 

Their past actions will be the tip of the iceberg, god only knows what they will do once they are comfortable.
There won't be.

No thanks to G&H.  They dragged out Rafa's contract negotiations.  They wouldnt allow any players to extend their contracts in the run-up to the January deadline. 

What do you mean by "scrutinised"?  Are you saying that there was some disastrous move that Rafa wanted to make, but that G&H heroically prevented?

What bollocks!

The reason we have Degen (and no offence to the lad) is not because Rafa felt he was the best available RB last summer.  It's because he was free.

The reason we dont have Barry (not someone I'm especially keen on personally) is that G&H "scrutinised" this deal and said "no".

The reason we didnt get Dani Alves for £12m is that G&H "scrutinised" this deal and said buy Pennant for £6m instead.  (2 years later, Alves was worth £23m, and we couldnt even get anyone to take Pennant off us on a Free).

We need to do everything in our power to stop the club being put into administration by G&H. 

What do you mean by "continue"?

We have the best manager we've had since (at least) Kenny, and he's taken us high up in the league.  Whether we come 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, none of it is thanks to G&H, and none of it amounts to "prospering".

In the last few seasons, Liverpool has had the highest revenues in its history. This isnt due to G&H (*), it's because, we have had repeated success in the CL, and because TV money is at an all time high.  All that G&H's ownership has done is to ensure that tens of millions of that money goes, not to improving the infrastructure or playing staff, but to the banks who lent the money which G&H gave to Moores.

To be clear, the TV money (in slightly varying amounts) also benefits Villa, Everton, Spurs, and everyone else.  G&H arent advancing us in comparison to anyone else.

Whereas the CL money is split between 4 clubs (partly based on progression in the tournament, but largely based on league position).  It's Rafa and the players who earned that money, not G&H.

(*) Just to be fair, G&H have worked on improving the club's commercial side, which is welcome and long overdue.  However, firstly, the increased revenue from these efforts is dwarfed by the revenue from TV and CL.  Secondly, any competent owner would have taken these measures;  G&H havent done anything unique or special.

I agree with both you lads, as fry said its the impetus thats waning in me more than anything....but thanks for the kick up the arse Jack...fuck 'em!!!

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #2847 on: May 16, 2009, 10:29:13 am »

Don't talk out of your arse.  Pennant was signed in the summer of 2006, Hicks and Gillett didn't even buy the club until February/March 2007 so they couldn't have had any input into the transfer.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #2848 on: May 16, 2009, 12:03:06 pm »

Maybe , just  maybe, it was G+H scrutinising the Barry deal that has cost us the title this year? I know Alonso has been awesome this year but we will never know now will we?
Actually, if we did get Barry this summer what would be so bad about keeping Xabi AND playing Barry in the Rierra role?
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2849 on: May 16, 2009, 02:53:34 pm »
Titles gone to the Mancs. Gutting but one tiny silver lining is that Hicks can't parade about trying to claim credit, which he would have done if we'd won.

This is just another sign. We will remain also-rans under G&H

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2850 on: May 16, 2009, 03:55:38 pm »
I would regard this as a brilliant season if we finish second and get new, decent owners.

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
  • What good is a history without a future
« Reply #2851 on: May 16, 2009, 03:58:29 pm »
TRUE. Every cloud has a silver lining as they say. not much of one i know. Hopefully they were only holding on for the glory now they might fuck off

Online wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #2852 on: May 16, 2009, 06:28:14 pm »
Don't talk out of your arse.  Pennant was signed in the summer of 2006, Hicks and Gillett didn't even buy the club until February/March 2007 so they couldn't have had any input into the transfer.
what's your point? Everything is their fault. :-)

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2853 on: May 16, 2009, 07:00:53 pm »
So we might find out now the title has gone if we have actually been sold like some suggested.
Anyone holding their breath?
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2854 on: May 16, 2009, 07:27:52 pm »
So we might find out now the title has gone if we have actually been sold like some suggested.

No. Its very hard to drink and hold ur breath
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #2855 on: May 16, 2009, 07:43:07 pm »
If a deal was in place it would not have been finalised as I'm sure a title win would have boosted the stock.  The season is over, the refinance decision is due soon.  From tomorrow on I'm hoping to see some movement. 

Also,  I'm sure Hicks and Gillette's silences regarding us the last load of months has been down to not unsettling the team etc,  now the season has finished i would not be surprised if their mouths start moving.
all imo

Offline LukeD

• Middle aged perv on the school bus. Can't cope with massively fat tongues.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2856 on: May 16, 2009, 08:22:17 pm »
If a deal was in place it would not have been finalised as I'm sure a title win would have boosted the stock.  The season is over, the refinance decision is due soon.  From tomorrow on I'm hoping to see some movement. 

Also,  I'm sure Hicks and Gillette's silences regarding us the last load of months has been down to not unsettling the team etc,  now the season has finished i would not be surprised if their mouths start moving.
all imo
I was think this earlier as I tried to find the silver lining to an otherwise shitty morning (the afternoon got better, Newcastle lost and I bought some new golf clubs!).  Essentially G&H now only have a second placed team that haven't won anything since 2006 to sell.  This morning they had a potentially Premiership winning side to hawk around.  The only thing that can alter now, footballing wise anyway, is whether they own a second or third placed team and therefore the different revenues that this brings in.  Three points tomorrow would all but settle that thanks to goal difference so as far as buyers are concerned, the season is over for Liverpool really.  I don't know how much of a baring this would have on the value of the club but I'm sure someone could shed some light?

It'll be interesting to see if anything happens, I doubt it though.  Would be a nice way to dowse some of the celebratory fires coming from Old Trafford if there was an announcement tomorrow morning though wouldn't it?!  (I'm not mental by the way, I know it's not going to happen!).

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #2857 on: May 16, 2009, 09:25:51 pm »
There will be an announcement in the next few weeks that the refinance deal has been done. We will get 20 million to spend in the summer. Not enough for a top player and not enough for 2 good players. Rafa will have to sell 4 or 5 players to get the amount up to what he needs and we will be slightly stronger for the next campaign but will it be enough? Maybe it will but the 2 muppets will still be here. I've got a feeling they'll get some investment and sponsorship to start the new stadium too. Just got that feeling that we're stuck with them for the foreseeable.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2858 on: May 16, 2009, 09:33:25 pm »
There will be an announcement in the next few weeks that the refinance deal has been done. We will get 20 million to spend in the summer. Not enough for a top player and not enough for 2 good players. Rafa will have to sell 4 or 5 players to get the amount up to what he needs and we will be slightly stronger for the next campaign but will it be enough? Maybe it will but the 2 muppets will still be here. I've got a feeling they'll get some investment and sponsorship to start the new stadium too. Just got that feeling that we're stuck with them for the foreseeable.

Is this just you being depressed and assuming the worst or is it based on any other info?

Offline Sinbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #2859 on: May 16, 2009, 09:35:44 pm »
Honestly the way i feel, getting rid of Hepatitis and Gonorrhea would be as good as winning the league.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #2860 on: May 16, 2009, 10:18:23 pm »
Is this just you being depressed and assuming the worst or is it based on any other info?

Just being realistic after listening and reading intensely all the info going around the last few weeks mate. Just can't see them going anywhere.

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #2861 on: May 16, 2009, 11:04:30 pm »
Has anyone considered that the reason there is so much hush, and why the talk of refinancing keeps coming up is perhaps its all a plant. Perhaps the deal has been done, but they don't want the worlds media to know, incase it effects transfer dealings for new owners.

The talk of Tevez, Barry, Silva isn't happening for no reason

Its all a show. Deal was done, around the Arsenal game. Its complete.

I'm sure of it.

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #2862 on: May 16, 2009, 11:33:22 pm »
Sorry Bascome is banned on this forum. Please edit/delete your posting.

NOTW is crap/Sunday s*n
Bascome has no links inside Anfield anymore
And he's full of S**t.

Simple. If might happen, but I don't think we need his report on it

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #2863 on: May 16, 2009, 11:35:36 pm »

NOTW is crap/Sunday s*n
And he's full of S**t.

Done....

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #2865 on: May 17, 2009, 12:51:23 am »
Honestly the way i feel, getting rid of Hepatitis and Gonorrhea would be as good as winning the league.
our new sponsors would be penicillin.
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline robb95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2866 on: May 17, 2009, 09:34:24 am »
Has anyone considered that the reason there is so much hush, and why the talk of refinancing keeps coming up is perhaps its all a plant. Perhaps the deal has been done, but they don't want the worlds media to know, incase it effects transfer dealings for new owners.

The talk of Tevez, Barry, Silva isn't happening for no reason

Its all a show. Deal was done, around the Arsenal game. Its complete.

I'm sure of it.

I was thinking the same, rafas contract, stive's and torres, then Kyut all the back room staff, Fat Chris - i wouldn't dismiss what he has said but he has again stated that Xabi is on the way out even after Rafa and Xabi saying otherwise?

If the pair of tumours have been extended, someone said its them who have the banks by the bollocks, could well be??
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious.
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2867 on: May 17, 2009, 09:50:56 am »
IMO

The owners duped RAFA again promising him "Snoopy Dog" when his contract was extended.

If Rafa say now want to leave it will look like he is leaving a sinking ship and that will not look on his CV.

They lie and will lie  again. I have some sympathy for Moores now. Some people are just evil. Fullstop.
 :butt

Offline 4-2-3-1

• dyscalculic
  • Kopite
« Reply #2868 on: May 17, 2009, 09:56:20 am »

NOTW is crap/Sunday s*n
And he's full of S**t.

???

Offline Jack Slater

• The hard hitting Detective with a drink problem and an eye for the ladies
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2869 on: May 17, 2009, 10:03:56 am »

Pennant was signed in the summer of 2006, Hicks and Gillett didn't even buy the club until February/March 2007 so they couldn't have had any input into the transfer.
That's true; it was a bad example to choose.

The point remains valid.  Namely we dont have to thank G&H for stopping Rafa wasting cash.  On the contrary  compare the transfer funds which should be available to a club with our income, to the funds which have been made available, and you'll see that, even now, they are causing us problems.

This is in a time of low interest rates, record TV deals, and of making the final, last 4 and last 8 of the CL.

Don't talk out of your arse. 
Have I offended you in the past?  I dont remember talking to you before.

Offline Dave_the_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #2870 on: May 17, 2009, 10:26:20 am »
Well, since the league is over and nobody would protest about the state of the club in case it upsett the players. We have one home game left where we have to let our voices be heard. The tumors, rbs and the simple David moores, 90 minutes We can entertain ourselves.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 10:28:07 am by Dave_the_Red »

Offline shankspirit

• Main Stander
« Reply #2871 on: May 17, 2009, 10:47:46 am »
Yawn..... Anyone hear this bloke Steve01 from the Echo Forum? seems quite convinced bout what he says, here it goes

http://forums.liverpoolecho.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=104096

Major changes on the horizon at Liverpool, Hicks & Gillett will bite the bullet and will sell the club. Having realised that they can't provide what the club needs and the fans want, they're selling to someone who can. Sheikh Maktoum (not DIC)will have his £400m offer which has been on the table for some 18months accepted on the premise that he builds the new stadium and provides Rafa with the funds to compete, and he is willing to oblige. 1st point of call will be appointing a new CEO, and Brian Barwick will be the man appointed, he is also a Liverpool fan. Kenny Dalglish will be appointed to oversea the Youth Setup following Piet Hamberg's departure. Ian Rush may also be brought in to help develop the clubs strikers on a part time basis. Then the players, Maktoum wants Liverpool to be challenging and winning on all fronts and is willing to back Rafa in the transfer market. Rafa will look to players he's been interested in previously – Due to Atletico Madrid's finances worsening a 35m bid will be made for both Simao Sabrosa and Kun Aguero, 80m to Valencia for David Villa, David Silva and Raul Albiol. These fees are in Euros . And to attempt to fill the incoming 6+5 quota Glen Johnson and Gareth Barry will be signed, fee being £10m and £8m respectively. its not known whether the bids will be accepted but these are the kinds of players Rafa wants and the kind of money Maktoum is willing to spend. Out will be Itandje(1m–France), Hyypia(Leverkusen), Lucas(8m–Villareal), Voronin(5m–Bayern), ElZhar(3m–L'OM), Hobbs+Martin(1m–Leicester), Plessis (4m–Newcastle) plus others. Xabi Alonso will not be sold, even with Real Madrid planning a 28m bid. Maktoum wants to look at current plans for stadium, and decide whether to push through with plans or make new ones, but whatever is chosen he wants building to start before 2010.

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2872 on: May 17, 2009, 11:01:04 am »
Yawn... :wellin

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2873 on: May 17, 2009, 11:06:38 am »
Should be protests at the match next week I think.. nows the time if any..

Offline electricghost

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2874 on: May 17, 2009, 11:13:04 am »
Yawn..... Anyone hear this bloke Steve01 from the Echo Forum? seems quite convinced bout what he says

Unfortunately I have. He goes on about this continually, with nothing  to back any of it up. His mate maj sometimes posts on here. Perhaps he could provide us with some evidence?
― Steven Weinberg

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2875 on: May 17, 2009, 11:16:40 am »
Yawn..... Anyone hear this bloke Steve01 from the Echo Forum? seems quite convinced bout what he says, here it goes

Major changes on the horizon at Liverpool, Hicks & Gillett will bite the bullet and will sell the club. Having realised that they can't provide what the club needs and the fans want, they're selling to someone who can. Sheikh Maktoum (not DIC)will have his £400m offer which has been on the table for some 18months accepted on the premise that he builds the new stadium and provides Rafa with the funds to compete, and he is willing to oblige. 1st point of call will be appointing a new CEO, and Brian Barwick will be the man appointed, he is also a Liverpool fan. Kenny Dalglish will be appointed to oversea the Youth Setup following Piet Hamberg's departure. Ian Rush may also be brought in to help develop the clubs strikers on a part time basis. Then the players, Maktoum wants Liverpool to be challenging and winning on all fronts and is willing to back Rafa in the transfer market. Rafa will look to players he's been interested in previously – Due to Atletico Madrid's finances worsening a 35m bid will be made for both Simao Sabrosa and Kun Aguero, 80m to Valencia for David Villa, David Silva and Raul Albiol. These fees are in Euros . And to attempt to fill the incoming 6+5 quota Glen Johnson and Gareth Barry will be signed, fee being £10m and £8m respectively. its not known whether the bids will be accepted but these are the kinds of players Rafa wants and the kind of money Maktoum is willing to spend. Out will be Itandje(1m–France), Hyypia(Leverkusen), Lucas(8m–Villareal), Voronin(5m–Bayern), ElZhar(3m–L'OM), Hobbs+Martin(1m–Leicester), Plessis (4m–Newcastle) plus others. Xabi Alonso will not be sold, even with Real Madrid planning a 28m bid. Maktoum wants to look at current plans for stadium, and decide whether to push through with plans or make new ones, but whatever is chosen he wants building to start before 2010.

Thats seems way too positive to be true. Things like Plesis @ £4 million, bids for Alonso @ £28 million (hes good but not that good!) dont fill me with any belief. I also cant find anything on the net to suggest Atletico are worsening financially
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:33:27 am by west_london_red »
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Dave_the_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #2876 on: May 17, 2009, 11:37:02 am »

First item i see wrong with this, the tumors realise they can't provide us with what we want?. They see the fans as cash nothing else. Secondly, LFC is only here for their benefit.  is it not  Frank McParland in charge at the acadeny with recently appointed  Jose Segura as Academy technical manager, whats kenny going to be.;

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:55:43 am by Dave_the_Red »

Offline PhilLFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Stay Low Move Fast..We are the Pilgrims Master
« Reply #2877 on: May 17, 2009, 11:39:48 am »

Interesting with lots of detail....is this guy a good ITK or with Reliable ITK contacts???
22 Smokin AceS

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #2878 on: May 17, 2009, 11:46:28 am »
Read on news now albeit a notw article (yes I know the rules) apprently rbs will give the refinance but they have to put up £150m themselves also thicks is looking into the stadium. Hopefully bollocks!!
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #2879 on: May 17, 2009, 11:47:06 am »
Just a fantasists wishlist, IMO.

I'm going to Dubai in 6 weeks, I might have to go and give Sheikh Mo a kick up the backside.