Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 302651 times)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #2720 on: May 14, 2009, 09:36:52 am »
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6283044.ece

:knob His phone is ringing with calls from buyers based as far apart as “leafy Buckinghamshire” to the Middle East, as the economy puts behind it what he described as “three shocking months at the end of last year when there was no interest in football or anything else. It was disastrous.”

He obviously went to the 'Hicks School of Subtlety'. The frenzied auction will be under way any moment. :butt
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline WaltonRed

• Oct 4th: Don't be stupid there are no buyers. Oct 6th: These buyers. I don't like them. Oct 8th: ???
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2721 on: May 14, 2009, 09:38:24 am »
He obviously went to the 'Hicks School of Subtlety'. The frenzied auction will be under way any moment. :butt

But his point backs up what many of us have been saying:  "there was no interest in football or anything else. It was disastrous".

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #2722 on: May 14, 2009, 09:42:17 am »
Sell to who?  Its clear that if there was a buyer out there prepared to pay a reasonable price then RBS and Wachovia will push the sale.  They dont need to protested to in order to do that. 

The problem is that there is no buyer - and protesting won't create one.

The whole point of Harris's speech yesterday is that there are no buyers in the market for any club at the moment  He added that there is now starting to be some renewed signs of potential future interst but that is not the same as willing buyers.

If you read the report of his speech, the point he is making is that BECAUSE there are no buyers then a compromise will be reached.  And he is right.  Naturally, if a buyer does emerge then RBS and Wachovia will want a sale.

So I genuinely dont understand your point about protesting to RBS, as it only makes sense in the case of them agreeing a refinance while ignoring a firm purchase offer at a reasonable price.  That is not the scenario which is present currently.

And yes, if its a choice of the Bank taking us over or the Americans staying, then I do want the Americans to stay.  LIke you, I would prefer a sale to decent owners but thats not going to happen.
If the club was put up for sale for 300 million it would sell very very quickly.
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2723 on: May 14, 2009, 09:42:37 am »

"We dont want you to extend the loan - we want you to put the club into administration" ????
That's My biggest worry at present .... wonder if any BUYER will come forward and offer a lower figure which can make the Banks  force/persuade ? G+H to sell ?

what type of figure could the banks force/persuade them to sell .. could this happen even at a loss for G+H ?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:52:29 am by rocco »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2724 on: May 14, 2009, 09:43:21 am »
But WaltonRed if they extend demanding further equity, how easy will it be for Hicks and Gillett to come up with that equity - and what happens if they (or oneof them) can't?

Offline WaltonRed

• Oct 4th: Don't be stupid there are no buyers. Oct 6th: These buyers. I don't like them. Oct 8th: ???
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2725 on: May 14, 2009, 09:48:37 am »
But WaltonRed if they extend demanding further equity, how easy will it be for Hicks and Gillett to come up with that equity - and what happens if they (or oneof them) can't?

I really have no idea of their finances so couldnt comment.  Clearly a compromise can only be reached if all parties are able to meet the commitments it involves.  I would guess that the banks would want each to put in about 10-15% which would be roughly about £30-40M.  I would assume that, by selling other assets, both could manage that.

Their problem won't be meeting this commitmetns; it will be what next.  At some stage the capital will need to be repaid, and, mroe importantly, while this loan is unpaid, another one for the new stadium is out of the question.

So its still obvious that in order to move forward the club needs to be sold, and sold to someone with deeper pockets than G&H.  Thats been the case for some time now.

This refinancing / extension answers no long-term (or even medium-term) questions about the club; its a purely short-term move to allow both the banks and G&H to make the best of a bad situation as they await a buyer prepared to buy the club for at least the size of the loan.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2726 on: May 14, 2009, 09:57:41 am »
This refinancing / extension answers no long-term (or even medium-term) questions about the club; its a purely short-term move to allow both the banks and G&H to make the best of a bad situation as they await a buyer prepared to buy the club for at least the size of the loan.

Would this figure see G+H walk away with a loss and would they do this or have no choice.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2727 on: May 14, 2009, 10:02:32 am »
I don't understand high-finance so could anyone tell me if my next paragraph makes any sense and if not why not.

If (as I think I'm right in saying, some people have suggested) G&H have basically gone to the banks and said, 'We're all in shit street, so you'd better keep us afloat', the banks must be in such a position that they could not only demand more securities, but damn well take every penny off G&H as the price for allowing them to exist (and as a deterrent for more or less blackmailing them and not honouring their commitments). They would in effect make nothing out of LFC for all their 'work'/grief.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #2728 on: May 14, 2009, 10:09:12 am »
I don't understand high-finance so could anyone tell me if my next paragraph makes any sense and if not why not.

If (as I think I'm right in saying, some people have suggested) G&H have basically gone to the banks and said, 'We're all in shit street, so you'd better keep us afloat', the banks must be in such a position that they could not only demand more securities, but damn well take every penny off G&H as the price for allowing them to exist (and as a deterrent for more or less blackmailing them and not honouring their commitments). They would in effect make nothing out of LFC for all their 'work'/grief.
The key to this should be the fact that the Govt are now RBS. The govt shoud be taking a closer interest in this.  Clearly these guys are bad for football as a whole not just us.  The govt should seriously consider making an example of H+G and force them to sell at around 250 mill.  THe other 50 mill should be then taken from H+G's personal assets. 

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #2729 on: May 14, 2009, 10:13:38 am »
in re: leafy buckinghamshire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckinghamshire#Notable_people

it'd be cool if we had veruca salt (quite know though for temperamental outbursts if transfer targets are not bought) or rothschilds (...muwahahahahaha!) as new owners.
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2730 on: May 14, 2009, 10:33:46 am »
From TLW:

Today, 09:42 AM 
sean_dundee 
Forumite   Join Date: Sep 2008
vCash: 500

more rbs deal info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

had some more info from my mate whos uncle john hourican was involved in 6 month extension,and he said rbs had little chice in granting 6 month extension,but have told the 2 fuckers that this,is only on the condition that they find a buyer or settle the outstanding loan in 6 months time..no new extension will be granted after that! he also mentioned that he had heard that the deal that almost went thro with the kuwaitis,was halted due to sheikh mo who he told me is still waiting in the wings....hopefully wont be long before these 2 shithouses will be gone for good!
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2731 on: May 14, 2009, 10:38:56 am »
From TLW:

sean_dundee 
Forumite   Join Date: Sep 2008

more rbs deal info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

had some more info from my mate whos uncle john hourican was involved in 6 month extension,and he said rbs had little chice in granting 6 month extension,but have told the 2 fuckers that this,is only on the condition that they find a buyer or settle the outstanding loan in 6 months time..no new extension will be granted after that! he also mentioned that he had heard that the deal that almost went thro with the kuwaitis,was halted due to sheikh mo who he told me is still waiting in the wings....hopefully wont be long before these 2 shithouses will be gone for good!

I really really really want to believe this.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2732 on: May 14, 2009, 10:41:06 am »
& I really really think it is a load of shite.

Offline WaltonRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2733 on: May 14, 2009, 10:42:57 am »
From TLW:

sean_dundee 

more rbs deal info

Thats utter bollocks about Sheikh Mo.  Firstly it is ridiculous to suggest the Kuwaitis would walk away from something they wanted because the Sheikh told them to.  Why would they do that?  Particularly since he hasnt bought the club since they walked away anyway.

And secondly, the "waiting in the wings" makes no sense.  Now is the time to buy the club when we are at the bottom of the recession (or so at least in seems).  In 6 months time the asking price will be higher.  If the Sheikh truly wants the club then he can have it now; he wont get a better price in 6 months time.

And the stuff about "on the condition that they find a buyer or settle the outstanding loan in 6 months time" is also nonsense.  What happens if in 6 months time we are in the same position as now - that there are no buyers interested?  RBS will have to make the same choice as they will do now if they refinance.  There is no reason to assume otherwise.

Offline nm83

• Kopite
  • Minister of Sarcasm
« Reply #2734 on: May 14, 2009, 10:45:31 am »

I really really really want to believe this.
as do I ... not sure that i do though.
YNWA

Offline WaltonRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2735 on: May 14, 2009, 10:48:49 am »

But why would the Bank do that?  Its not in their self-interest.  Its in their interest to make sure that their loan makes them money, and failing that, that at least they dont lose too much money through it.  why would they make the terms so punitive for G&H that they refuse to agree and so the Bank loses money. 

Dont forget G&H have a ceiling beyond which its not worth their while to refinance.  If they walk away from the loan, they will lose some money in previous guarantees and of course the prospect of future profit but they wont lose more than that.  And hte Banks will end up with an asset it cannot dispose of (there are no buyers) and which it doesnt want.

So long as there are no buyers prepared to pay around £400M it is in the interests of both the Banks and G&H to come to an arrangement.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #2736 on: May 14, 2009, 10:54:11 am »
Thats utter bollocks about Sheikh Mo.  Firstly it is ridiculous to suggest the Kuwaitis would walk away from something they wanted because the Sheikh told them to.  Why would they do that?  Particularly since he hasnt bought the club since they walked away anyway.

And secondly, the "waiting in the wings" makes no sense.  Now is the time to buy the club when we are at the bottom of the recession (or so at least in seems).  In 6 months time the asking price will be higher.  If the Sheikh truly wants the club then he can have it now; he wont get a better price in 6 months time.

And the stuff about "on the condition that they find a buyer or settle the outstanding loan in 6 months time" is also nonsense.  What happens if in 6 months time we are in the same position as now - that there are no buyers interested?  RBS will have to make the same choice as they will do now if they refinance.  There is no reason to assume otherwise.
I dont think sheikh Mo told them not to buy it, more like H+G realised he was still interested and decided to try and start a bidding war to which the kuwaitis were not interested in doing. Hence the kuwaitis walking away. 

The price may be higher in six months time normally but not if the people who loaned the money want it back.  In this instance the buyer has more leverage over the seller.  Especially when the sellers cant sell their other assets to create a comfort zone.

I'm not sayin that information posted is true, but it is within the realms of possibility.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2737 on: May 14, 2009, 10:56:30 am »
But why would the Bank do that?  Its not in their self-interest.  Its in their interest to make sure that their loan makes them money, and failing that, that at least they dont lose too much money through it.  why would they make the terms so punitive for G&H that they refuse to agree and so the Bank loses money. 

Dont forget G&H have a ceiling beyond which its not worth their while to refinance.  If they walk away from the loan, they will lose some money in previous guarantees and of course the prospect of future profit but they wont lose more than that.  And hte Banks will end up with an asset it cannot dispose of (there are no buyers) and which it doesnt want.

So long as there are no buyers prepared to pay around £400M it is in the interests of both the Banks and G&H to come to an arrangement.

Cheers Wal, but I thought the scenario I put forward was one in which the banks were maximising the money that they would make given that G&H would do anything to stay afloat.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline belfast-connection

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2738 on: May 14, 2009, 11:06:18 am »
well if the bank gives them a 6 mth extension - even if the supposed sale condition is not publicised then that would appear to be it

the mere fact of the 6 months sends the signal to any informed outside observer that that is that and that they must put up or shut up after the 6 months

personally i'd rather the bank told them to put up or shut up now

much better that we sort this out in pre-season than around christmas time
HE SAID ‘BIGGER’ PEOPLE ‘BIGGER’. OK, MOVE ALONG PEOPLE, THERE’S NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Offline redmachina

• Main Stander
  • Another fine mess you have gotten us into.
« Reply #2739 on: May 14, 2009, 11:07:05 am »
Couldn't the banks make more money by calling in the loan and re-lending the capital to 4-5 other businesses with more security than these guys? Loan service fees and interest payments would exceed the amount they earn from this one loan?

Not a financial whizz, anyone can comment?
Carra: "The fans should ask themselves why they can create an atmosphere like that against Madrid, but can't against the likes of Boro."

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #2740 on: May 14, 2009, 11:13:02 am »
From TLW:

Frankly, that sounds laughable.
What would be the point in this?
Moving the problem 6 months down the line with ultimatums doesn't do RBS any good.
If there was a buyer, they would make the demand that it is sold now!
Not in fucking 6 months.
RBS want the money ASAP therefore if they thought they could get it from a sale, they would push in that direction.
Not this bollocks
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline LukeD

• Middle aged perv on the school bus. Can't cope with massively fat tongues.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2741 on: May 14, 2009, 11:21:58 am »
All aboard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y95qHqPU23Y&feature=related

I really appreciate people posting what they know/have heard as it at least gives us all an insight into what is (and what isn't) happening.  The downside is I read posts like the one Bogman posted from TLW and I get all excited, then I read the responses and reality checks in!  I guess one day something concrete will come out somewhere.

It's like last night, I deliberately avoided the game as I KNEW United would win regardless and yet I was still hopeful when I checked SSN at 10 only to get really pissed off.  Why do we do this to ourselves?!

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2742 on: May 14, 2009, 11:27:06 am »
All aboard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y95qHqPU23Y&feature=related

I really appreciate people posting what they know/have heard as it at least gives us all an insight into what is (and what isn't) happening.  The downside is I read posts like the one Bogman posted from TLW and I get all excited, then I read the responses and reality checks in!  I guess one day something concrete will come out somewhere.

It's like last night, I deliberately avoided the game as I KNEW United would win regardless and yet I was still hopeful when I checked SSN at 10 only to get really pissed off.  Why do we do this to ourselves?!

I did at one time consider wearing a razor-blade encrusted leather strap around my thigh as an alternative to being a football fan but then the derby came along.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2743 on: May 14, 2009, 11:28:28 am »
From TLW:

sean_dundee 

more rbs deal info

Very contradictory there. RBS are extending because there is no buyers, but Sheikh Mo is waiting in the wings? How does that make sense?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2744 on: May 14, 2009, 11:29:05 am »
From TLW:

sean_dundee 

more rbs deal info

John Hourican
Chief Executive Officer, RBS Global Banking & Markets

Prior to his appointment as Chief Executive, GBM, John was Chief Financial Officer of ABN AMRO and on appointment to the ABN AMRO Managing Board in November 2007, he was the Board Member responsible for Group Finance

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2745 on: May 14, 2009, 11:34:58 am »
Couldn't the banks make more money by calling in the loan and re-lending the capital to 4-5 other businesses with more security than these guys? Loan service fees and interest payments would exceed the amount they earn from this one loan?

By doing that RBS would (assuming there is no buyers for the club) be putting the club in to administration, and this is somthing RBS want to avoid being owned by the governement, and would be another example of the reckless lending that went on over the 5 years prior to the crunch under the watch of Gordon Brown and Co. Would be a massive own goal for the governemt
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #2746 on: May 14, 2009, 11:51:45 am »
From TLW:

sean_dundee 

more rbs deal info

total bollocks that

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #2747 on: May 14, 2009, 11:58:31 am »

It appears that the terms of the original loan have been met. There will also be a renewal clause, the terms of which we do  not know. But you can be certain that the only basis for foreclosure is default. RBS etc are getting paid a commercial rate from a company generating a lot of cash, with likely future uplifts - thank you very much! Worried? Should they look worried?

This is playing out as I expected and predicted.Regular forumistas will recall that I have been consistent, and just recently Walton Red has removed the need for me to post on this.

The banks will be relatively relaxed. We are the seventh highest income generating club in Europe. Our debt is half that of the Mancs. Rafa's long term signature has bolstered G&H's position - he even asked SOS to pipe down the protests. The playing side looks strong and settled.TV/ prize money is set to increase and we have had our best season in years.

Us fans though are entitled to feel less satisfied.Poor administration on our part in the 90's led to the Mancs pulling away from us financially. Arsenal's financial strength will accelerate and improve massively once the economy lifts and they get the benefit of the Highbury Flats sales. Abrahamovic led Chelsea cannot be competed with in cash terms.Leaving us fourth.

The club, as it is, is performing about as well as it is going to at generating revenue without a new stadium. But G&H cannot afford to finance that. Currently Anfield is the 64th largest stadium in Europe. That is totally unacceptable in terms of our supporter base,potential and prestige. Without a new stadium our post 8o's league disappointments will continue.

We are in an uncomfortable position. Buying us "as is" does not make much sense as there is limited room for improvement. But buying us AND committing us to a new stadium would indebt us to the tune of £700-£800m WITHOUT the increased revenues biting for three years but WITH the extra payment burden. The Glazers bought the full package. The arabs at City and Lerner at Villa bought in for far less. THAT is why we have not been sold and why we are not an attractive business proposition.

In Europe, fantastic new stadia are being, and have been built. The likes of Lyon and Bayern Munich WILL revive as will Russian clubs. At home, Man City will show the fruits of massive investment, Randy Lerner has barely scraped the petty cash bowl at Villa and at some point Spurs are likely to come good. we need to learn the lessons of our 90's inertia.

Conclusion? G&H will stay for the foreseeable future. The new Stadium will not be built for some time and the medium term status of the club will erode.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:27:30 pm by xerxes1 »
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2748 on: May 14, 2009, 12:12:50 pm »
Hemlock, anybody?
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2749 on: May 14, 2009, 12:13:18 pm »
medium term status of the club will erode.  ???

The rest was depressing ;)

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #2750 on: May 14, 2009, 12:34:14 pm »
This thread is fuckin depressing!
Justice for the 96.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2751 on: May 14, 2009, 12:34:40 pm »

Conclusion? G&H will stay for the foreseeable future. The new Stadium will not be built for some time and the medium term status of the club will erode.

Is that not slightly contradicting what you said earlier in the post. If all these clubs are going to over take us in the financial stakes, and therefore possibly in the footballing stakes, will that not mean that we generate less cash, especially if we were to fall out of the top 4?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #2752 on: May 14, 2009, 12:42:32 pm »
Is that not slightly contradicting what you said earlier in the post. If all these clubs are going to over take us in the financial stakes, and therefore possibly in the footballing stakes, will that not mean that we generate less cash, especially if we were to fall out of the top 4?

Our financial  situation IS likely to be further eroded over time, as it has been over the past 18 years. This has been a successful and exciting season, and i hope we pull off a League miracle. But the liklihood is that it will be a trophyless season with the generation who have never known us lifting the League title expanding by another year.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #2753 on: May 14, 2009, 12:51:16 pm »
If the club was put up for sale for 300 million it would sell very very quickly.

Strange statement to make. Of course there would be buyers at this price but why would the muppets consider selling for 300 million? And they can't be forced to do this. They would rather re-finance and continue to get the interest being paid until things pick up and a buyer comes in with a more realistic offer. From the banks point of view they can either allow this to happen or call in the loan which, as has been said, they do not want to do as they don't want to be left with the responsibility of owning and running the club.
They'll get their re-finance and all we can do is hope that they eventually sell at a realistic price to reasonable owners. They're going nowhere until  that happens.

Offline guyko21

• Kopite
« Reply #2754 on: May 14, 2009, 01:09:00 pm »
Now is definatley the fuking time to direct some protests at RBS, they have to know that making deals with the devil wont pay off. 
I'd agree with that.  We want to make it extremely uncomfortable for H&G to continue "owning" this club.  At the same time, I can say for certain that there are buyers circling us right now and hopefully I'll have an update of sorts next week.  Just so we keep expectations steady, I'm expecting to get news of who is (still) sniffing around, what stage they're at and a bit more about timings if a bid were to be accepted. 

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2755 on: May 14, 2009, 01:13:07 pm »
I'd agree with that.  We want to make it extremely uncomfortable for H&G to continue "owning" this club.  At the same time, I can say for certain that there are buyers circling us right now and hopefully I'll have an update of sorts next week.  Just so we keep expectations steady, I'm expecting to get news of who is (still) sniffing around, what stage they're at and a bit more about timings if a bid were to be accepted. 

Interesting ... ARE WE THERE YET ;)

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #2756 on: May 14, 2009, 01:13:37 pm »

I will be shocked if you get any true news on this subject.

Anyway, what will protests to RBS do?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2757 on: May 14, 2009, 01:15:50 pm »
He said update 'of sorts' - what he can extract, not every last spit and cough.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #2758 on: May 14, 2009, 01:17:15 pm »
He said update 'of sorts' - what he can extract, not every last spit and cough.

and what? I still think there is no news of people sniffing round

were there to be we would have heard of something by now.

What interest would any potential owner have in keeping things quiet and not leaking anything at all?

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2759 on: May 14, 2009, 01:33:05 pm »

Medium term status?

There's the financial side of the club and then there's the playing side.

Rafa has signed a new contract.

We have a good spine of the club.

We can afford 4-5-6 top players. And afford to have a squad of decent players.

Without a new stadium.

And we compete at the highest levels.

The difference for the future is Rafa is now in charge of tranfers and dealings for new players. He now is in charge of the youth set up. He wasn't before and look how well we've competed.

Any players thinking about changing clubs still sees LFC and Anfield as a great place to play. Rafa will continue to attrach top talent and find good bargains for the squad.

So we will continue to compete at the highest levels and we will bring Trophies home.

That to me is not and never has been --medium term status.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.