Author Topic: 2018/19 TV fixtures  (Read 62050 times)

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 2018/19 TV fixtures
« Reply #320 on: January 29, 2019, 11:06:39 am »
Gone on loads of times before and will go on again. Very naive to think otherwise. They are human and get drawn in to shit too.

ha ha bullshit.

There will be reasons they don't perform to the best of their ability as with everyone but it isn't to 'roll over' and it certainly isn't because of their fuckin fans!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #321 on: January 29, 2019, 11:34:11 am »
If people don't think fans affect players then they clearly do not watch enough sport, they are human and a whole range of factors affect their performance. How many times do we mention the Anfield atmosphere helping our players, surely it works the other way? 

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: January 29, 2019, 11:39:07 am »
Well I'm just going off the game in 2013/14. Everton were a disgrace. No-one in that ground wanted them to win.

Don't expect anything less this time around.

Online DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #323 on: February 11, 2019, 12:28:35 pm »
When are April TV fixtures announced? End of this month?

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #324 on: February 11, 2019, 12:38:58 pm »
When are April TV fixtures announced? End of this month?
They are due to be announced on Fri 22nd Feb.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: February 11, 2019, 12:52:51 pm »
I’m gonna take a wild guess and say everyone of our games are getting moved.

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: February 11, 2019, 12:57:24 pm »
I’m gonna take a wild guess and say everyone of our games are getting moved.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Bournemouth game turns out to be our last Saturday KO of the season

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #327 on: February 11, 2019, 01:02:35 pm »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Bournemouth game turns out to be our last Saturday KO of the season
Yep and Cardiff away on the Monday night is nailed on I reckon.
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #328 on: February 11, 2019, 01:03:32 pm »

Will be massively pissed off if that happens as I can't get there then, is there any particular reason you think it will be?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: February 11, 2019, 01:05:53 pm »
They are due to be announced on Fri 22nd Feb.

If only there was something on the third post of the thread that gave a clue  :P
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #330 on: February 11, 2019, 01:20:06 pm »
If only there was something on the third post of the thread that gave a clue  :P
;D

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: February 11, 2019, 01:22:23 pm »
Yeah I fear that too. Any other slot would be okay with it being Easter weekend but you just know it's gonna be Monday!

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #332 on: February 11, 2019, 01:22:52 pm »
Will be massively pissed off if that happens as I can't get there then, is there any particular reason you think it will be?
I read somewhere that we can only have a certain number of Fri/Mon games but even if we have already had our quota, bank holidays do not count towards that quota which is why I'm fully expecting Cardiff or Newcastle to be moved to a Monday night...possibly even both.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2019, 01:36:11 pm »
I read somewhere that we can only have a certain number of Fri/Mon games but even if we have already had our quota, bank holidays do not count towards that quota which is why I'm fully expecting Cardiff or Newcastle to be moved to a Monday night...possibly even both.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

They can't do both of them cos City away was one of them and they're only allowed two a season.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2019, 01:40:57 pm »
Yet it feels like Newcastle have had a lot of them already
We are a team of one half.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2019, 01:45:28 pm »

Hopefully I'm wrong.

OK thanks, fingers crossed they go for another time!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2019, 01:56:16 pm »
They can't do both of them cos City away was one of them and they're only allowed two a season.
City away for us? If so, that wasn't on a bank holiday.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2019, 01:56:33 pm »
2nd leg semis of the CL are the week we play Newcastle, so can't see them risking that as a Monday fixture in case it has to be moved. I'm sure they'd prefer that as a 2 / 4 pm Sunday game rather than a midday ko

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #338 on: February 11, 2019, 02:06:39 pm »
2nd leg semis of the CL are the week we play Newcastle, so can't see them risking that as a Monday fixture in case it has to be moved. I'm sure they'd prefer that as a 2 / 4 pm Sunday game rather than a midday ko
Yes but they could pencil it in with a ''will be moved back to the Sat/Sun if Liverpool get to the the semi finals''.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: February 11, 2019, 02:17:33 pm »
Yes but they could pencil it in with a ''will be moved back to the Sat/Sun if Liverpool get to the the semi finals''.

Yeh, but most likely their only free slot would be midday on the Sunday.

All guess work anyway.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: February 11, 2019, 02:42:35 pm »
City away for us? If so, that wasn't on a bank holiday.

New Year's Day is definitely a bank hoiliday mate.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönĺld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #341 on: February 11, 2019, 02:46:45 pm »
City away was on the 3rd, a Thursday.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #342 on: February 11, 2019, 02:48:14 pm »
New Year's Day is definitely a bank hoiliday mate.
We didn't play them on New Years Day, it was on Thu 3rd Jan!

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: February 11, 2019, 02:54:19 pm »
What day was it initially scheduled for?

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #344 on: February 11, 2019, 03:06:55 pm »
What day was it initially scheduled for?
Tue 1st Jan, all 10 fixtures from that round of matches were initially scheduled to be played on that day.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2019, 03:38:08 pm »
Tue 1st Jan, all 10 fixtures from that round of matches were initially scheduled to be played on that day.

Yep, so we've got one televised bank holiday game left then.

(https://www.premierleague.com/news/60495 Package G)

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #346 on: February 11, 2019, 03:49:39 pm »

Sorry you've lost me. Are you saying that as all 20 teams were originally scheduled to play on a bank holiday (New Years Day), regardless of if their match got re scheduled or not, it counts as 1 x bank holiday match for all 20 teams? so thats why we've only got a maximum of 1 x bank holiday match left?

Great news if so.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: February 11, 2019, 03:52:10 pm »
Sorry you've lost me. Are you saying that as all 20 teams were originally scheduled to play on a bank holiday (New Years Day), regardless of if their match got re scheduled or not, it counts as 1 x bank holiday match for all 20 teams? so thats why we've only got a maximum of 1 x bank holiday match left?

Great news if so.

Yes.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2019, 03:52:46 pm »
Surely that would count as package F rather than G? Load of nonsense this to be honest.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #349 on: February 11, 2019, 03:53:57 pm »
Yes.
Right so even though we didn't play City away on a bank holiday...it still counts as if we did.

Seems odd but fair enough, cheers for the explanation.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: February 11, 2019, 03:55:18 pm »
Surely that would count as package F rather than G? Load of nonsense this to be honest.

BT have package F.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: February 11, 2019, 04:15:07 pm »

BT have package B&F, which don't seem to contain any Sunday matches. But we played Fulham at Sunday 12:00 and Burnley will be Sunday 12 too, both on BT.

I was just trying work out what is the most we have left in each package, assume those 2 games come from package F.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: February 11, 2019, 04:17:28 pm »
BT have package B&F, which don't seem to contain any Sunday matches. But we played Fulham at Sunday 12:00 and Burnley will be Sunday 12 too, both on BT.

I was just trying work out what is the most we have left in each package, assume those 2 games come from package F.

I *think*  they're F. Those two and Leicester are the three from F.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2019, 04:33:38 pm »
I *think*  they're F. Those two and Leicester are the three from F.

Pretty sure you are right. As we have had the full 5 17:30 Sat, from B.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #354 on: February 12, 2019, 09:07:54 pm »
Apologies for the long-winded email!!

I've put together a spreadsheet, so I think this should be right for the no. of games we've been on SKY or BT for each of the packages & the maximum number of times we can be on each package

I've gone to the end of March (6 games left to be assigned)

A: 1230 Saturday: SKY, 3 games
Leicester A, Spurs A & Bournemouth A
5 games maximum for this package

B: 1730 Saturday, BT, 5 games
Brighton H, Chelsea A, Huddersfield A, Arsenal A & Arsenal H

C: 1330 or 1415 Sunday, SKY, 3 games
West Ham Utd H, Man Utd A, Fulham A

D: 1600 or 1630 Sunday, SKY, 5 games
Man City H, Everton H?, Man Utd H, Everton A?, Spurs H)

E: 2000 Friday or 2000 Monday, SKY, 3 games
Palace A, Wolves A, West Ham Utd A)
4 games maximum for this package

F: Midweek, 1230 Saturday, 1730 Saturday, 1200 Sunday, BT, 3 games
Fulham H, Leicester H, Burnley H
3 games maximum for this package

G: Bank Holidays, 1330 or 1415 Sunday, 1600 or 1630 Sunday, SKY, 1 game
Man City A
2 games maximum for this package.

Not on TV: 9 games
Southampton H, Cardiff H, Watford A, Burnley A, Newcastle H, Brighton A, Palace H, Bournemouth H, Watford H

29 games is the maximum number of games we can be on TV, so the final 6 will likely all be on TV.

The games left to be televised are: Southampton A, Chelsea H, Cardiff A, Huddersfield H, Newcastle A & Wolves H.  I guess a lot will depend on Chelsea's participation in Europe, as the quarter finals of the EL are 11/18 April.

So we have 2 games left in Package A (Saturday 1230), 2 from Package C (1330 or 1415 Sunday), 1 from Package E (2000 Friday & Monday) & 1 game left in Package G (Bank Holidays, 1330 or 1415 or 1600 or 1630 Sunday).

I guess things will be a bit clearer at the end of next week!!

Here's a link to a forum I've been looking at for conjecture on TV fixtures for this PL season:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2281305/2018-19-premier-league-tv-fixtures-thread/

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: February 12, 2019, 10:35:57 pm »
If it helps, Wolves away doesn't count for the purposes of anything. It's 28 of the first 37 on TV or something like that.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #356 on: February 14, 2019, 05:39:39 pm »
Does anyone know - are these 2 100% fixed or any movement possible? If so - what options?

Fulham away on 17 March 2019 at 14:15.
Spurs at home on 31st March at 16:30.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #357 on: February 14, 2019, 05:45:56 pm »
Does anyone know - are these 2 100% fixed or any movement possible? If so - what options?

They are fixed mate, should not be anymore movement

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #358 on: February 14, 2019, 06:59:48 pm »

Yes they were confirmed 3 weeks ago.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #359 on: February 22, 2019, 09:20:51 am »
I've heard huddersfield is Friday night and Chelsea is 205pm Sunday