Author Topic: What's your bold predictions for the next season?  (Read 150486 times)

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: What's your bold predictions for the next season?
« Reply #1080 on: June 23, 2022, 10:16:55 am »
The cheats to win a PL and CL double.

On the plus side, reckon Pep will walk after that, Silva and Gundogun will also leave and their midfield will be a shadow the season after, when we'll go on to win 3 titles on the bounce.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #1081 on: June 23, 2022, 07:01:06 pm »
The opening day of the World Cup is overshadowed by Mo Salah unveiling his latest pair of shorts.

This follows the scandal involving Trent, when he fakes pulling a calf in the seventh minute of injury time in the last set of games before the World Cup - him and Robbo are seen laughing at a pool party in Florida soon after England are knocked out by Ecuador. Henderson isn't picked for the final 26, and is himself caught giggling after the game. Bellingham is confirmed a Liverpool player for 2023 immediately afterwards.

And quite possibly the biggest off in English football history when Núñez scores in the last minute at Southampton.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 07:09:01 pm by Commie Bobbie »
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #1082 on: June 23, 2022, 07:31:21 pm »
Reds win the league by 5 points (no final day excitement eh Sky?) and European cup scoring in both halves of the final against Bayern.
Abu Dhabi finish second - Haaaaaland gets golden boot but they score less than this season overall.
Palace win the cup.
West Ham win the League cup.
Abu Dhabi throw a 3 goal lead in the European cup quarter finals in front of 20000 empty seats at the emptyhad.
Fraudiola has a nervous breakdown and is seen screaming "Thrice" at the moon outside a chippy in Deansgate.
Fat Frank Lumplard gets the OBE (Out Before Easter) and Drunken Duncan triumphs in the moral victory of taking them from 19th to 18th but they still go down with Fulham and Brentford.
Wayne Rooney gets Derby out of Div 1 at the first attempt - they'll play in Div 2 in the following season.
Newcastle spend shit loads 2 days before the PL finally crack down on FFP rule breakers and have to send their new players back (make sure you keep the receipt). 
Progress continues apace off the dock road but there's a freak high tide during a storm which washes away the west stand of the Bramley Moor superBoooowl replacing it with one of Anthony Gormley's statues, with a strange smile on its face.
The world cup is cancelled when FIFA have a collective outbreak of conscience - Southgate is chuffed 'cause it allows England to go 7 months without getting beat.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 07:33:33 pm by TheMissionary »
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #1083 on: June 23, 2022, 08:59:55 pm »
I’m following one of Einstein’s bets sayings and no longer attempting any kid of prediction. Suffice to say the reds will surprise me one way or the other. The always do.

Football will sink to a new low with the Qatar World Cup and the innocent, the ignorant and the couldn’t care less will still lap it up as if someone’s served them a 12 course lunch.

Klopp is my last shining beacon of hope for this game.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: June 23, 2022, 09:13:41 pm »
Flip of a coin between us and city, again for the league. Bookies might not think so but we all know it’s a coin toss.

Champs league us to make the final. City will fail again at QF, SF.  They fold under pressure in one off games in the champs league against much inferior opposition.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 09:17:47 pm by Gray Hamster »

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: June 23, 2022, 10:29:12 pm »
Yep, i'm leaning this way at the minute. Desperately want the league again, and properly this time, with fans.

Obviously wouldn't complain about another Champions League win of course, mind!
Let’s just be clear.  For 99% of clubs the Champions League is hugely more prestigious and has far greater prominence then any domestic league trophy, including the Premier League. 

The only time it’s been different is us getting rid of the monkey off our back, with a belated and much needed league championship.

Most European teams would swap 2…3 maybe more league titles for a Champions League, although i appreciate it’s a little more relative than that for some.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1086 on: June 24, 2022, 12:35:31 am »
Has anyone said Spurs to win a cup yet? Maybe even the big one with a fair wind and a huge bit of luck. Conte wins stuff and I think they have a brilliant first 13 or so, with Perisic, Bissouma and maybe one or two more coming in. They're nailed-on top 4 either way, before the Conte fatigue sets in in 2023.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1087 on: June 24, 2022, 02:56:29 pm »
I take your point, but our position amongst the highest nobility of the CL is assured. however, as long as Klopp's reign only produces one league title it'll be seen as an underachievement. I want another league title before another CL one. Both would be lovely, of course

I've typically preferred CL over the PL, just something about winning a one-off final that makes it more exciting as well. But think the way we lost the PL last season, with Villa capitulating so pathetically, ended up hitting me harder than the Madrid defeat, and still rankles how City twice pipped us to the title in such fine-margin circumstances. So would kind of prefer the PL to CL next season too if it was only one versus the other. Feel like we'll be in contention for the CL every season under Klopp anyway, whereas each year City will spend another £150m+ on full backs and keep the margin for error in a league race insanely small.

In terms of some initial bold/foolhardy predictions:

Lampard to actually do slightly better with Everton next season, with the 'dogs of war' approach continuing to be indulged by referees and pundits and helping them climb to the heady heights of around 14-15th. Fans will be thrilled by the progress from the dark days of 16th under Rafa, comparing it to the incredible ascent he inspired in Derby previously.

Spurs to flirt with a title challenge under Conte.

Rodgers sacked by Leicester around mid-season as their inability to evolve beyond Vardy continues to take its toll.

Nottingham Forest to be the strongest of the three promoted teams, with Cooper joining Potter in the 'unglamorous but actually a good manager' camp that stands diametrically opposed to Arteta.

The narrative that Reece James is a better RB than Trent because he's physically stronger entrenches itself as commonly accepted wisdom outside of Liverpool fans/sensible pundits, and he goes to the World Cup as the first choice (of four) RB. Will probably then get bought by Man City after Cucurella plays about 15 games all season and Cancelo gets shifted back to LB for the 2023-24 season.

Southampton relegated.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1088 on: June 24, 2022, 03:21:34 pm »
Reds win the title.

Everton go down.

Newcastle finish at minimum 25 points off a Champions League spot.

The Champions League will end with all the usual suspects near the finish line but hopefully this time we go a step further.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #1089 on: June 24, 2022, 03:49:02 pm »
We will win the league.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: June 24, 2022, 04:05:16 pm »
Spurs to start brightly and get talked up as title contenders, like Chelsea were this season.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1091 on: June 24, 2022, 04:27:16 pm »
Reds win the title.

Everton go down.

Newcastle finish at minimum 25 points off a Champions League spot.

The Champions League will end with all the usual suspects near the finish line but hopefully this time we go a step further.

Spurs to start brightly and get talked up as title contenders, like Chelsea were this season.

I feel like the concept of 'bold' predictions has sort of got lost :D

Has anyone said Spurs to win a cup yet? Maybe even the big one with a fair wind and a huge bit of luck. Conte wins stuff and I think they have a brilliant first 13 or so, with Perisic, Bissouma and maybe one or two more coming in. They're nailed-on top 4 either way, before the Conte fatigue sets in in 2023.

Ahhh see, Bradders gets it
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #1092 on: June 27, 2022, 11:42:29 pm »
Arsenal will finish 5th.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1093 on: June 28, 2022, 12:56:02 am »
One of us or City will win the league. The other will finish 3rd.

We get knocked out of the CL earlier than usual. Either City or PSG finally wins the CL.

Hopefully, we win the league or it could be quite the shite season if that comes true.

I think it will take time to figure out our new style. Thankfully, City are in the same position - as are almost every other big side.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: June 28, 2022, 01:08:27 am »
Ive predicted us to win the league the past 3 seasons.

However, I dont know how this season will pan out and I am not confident in us winning the league. Think City may have some issues as well.

It could be both of us finish below the 90 point mark.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1095 on: June 28, 2022, 04:14:56 am »
We will win the league this year by a comfortable margin and end up beating chelsea's long standing clean sheet record in a season. Expecting us to crash out early in domestic cups and CL. Both Nunez and Salah will score 30+ goals. 

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: June 28, 2022, 05:44:03 am »
Milner doesn't win the beep test

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1097 on: June 28, 2022, 07:22:09 am »
I would have no issue in concentrating on the league . It’s the one with unfinished business in.

Playing an 11 of
Kelleher
Ramsay Gomez Matip Tsimikas
Keita Jones Elliott
Carvalho firmino jota

In the cups will get us reasonably far. We need to get to number 20

Offline .........

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1098 on: June 28, 2022, 07:51:07 am »
Premier League Champions

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1099 on: June 28, 2022, 08:02:09 am »
Us to win the league  8)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 01:33:37 pm by rocco »

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #1100 on: June 28, 2022, 08:29:42 am »
At the end of last season I thought we would definitely win the league this season. Felt we would have the momentum to do it. However Mane has left and not sure what is going on with Salah. Both us and City have had changes so depends how they work out. Think Spurs and to a lesser extent Arsenal look better. Chelsea not so much.

So currently with Salah staying I think we won't be as reliant on Nunez as City will be on Haaland but who knows. So I am sticking with the PL for now.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1101 on: June 28, 2022, 10:22:48 am »
Premier league winners - Liverpool FC, runners up Manchester City
Champions league winners - Manchester City, runners up PSG, We go out in the Semi's
FA Cup Winners - Aston Villa, runners up Tottenham, we go out in quarters
League Cup Winners - Manchester City, Runners up Manchetser United, we go out in the last 16

Top 6
1. Liverpool FC
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham
5. Manchester United
6. Arsenal

Relegated
18. Everton
19. Brentford
20. Fulham

Top scorer
Mo Salah

Top assister
Mo Salah

Promoted from the championship
Huddersfield Town
Middlesbrough
Sheffield United
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 10:25:08 am by stevieG786 »

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: June 28, 2022, 12:42:28 pm »
Predictions:
1. We win the league. I think we’ll be neurotic about dropping a single point that we’ll treat each game like a cup final (similar to the year we won it). Plus we just have a stupidly strong front five
2. Liverpool, Man City or PSG to win the Champions League. If we get one more midfield signing in, I fancy us to do it
3. Man City or Arsenal with the FA Cup - they’ll both take it seriously this year
4. Liverpool win the League Cup - our second string and youth will take us far. I’d love us to go deep in the League Cup next season

Whatever happens I expect another amazing ride.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1103 on: June 28, 2022, 01:21:21 pm »
I think we'll win one of the Premier League, or Champion league.  Although both will be extremely difficult when up against the oil cheats.

We'll win the FA Cup again and Spurs will finally get to the league cup final after fielding full strength teams in each game to get there, only to lose to one of the other London teams in the final.

Mane rings Salah and tells him that he made a huge mistake leaving Liverpool and Salah signs a new contract.

Henderson is Bellinghams room mate at the world cup and convinces him to sign for Liverpool.

Lampard loses his shit against Klopp after Everton go 3 nil down at Anfield, Ulla doesn't like the Fat Tory's attitude and confronts him in the tunnel at full time.

England get knocked out in the QF of the world cup after Southgate fields the most defensive minded team possible and Kane gets booked for his 5th dive of the game and creates nothing, yet Southgate refuses to bring him off and bring on one of the younger and more talented attacking minded players.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #1104 on: June 28, 2022, 03:42:36 pm »
Mane leaving is a huge blow, the cloud hanging over Salah's future doesn't help either. We'll still get over 80 points with ease, but I've a feeling we won't reach 90.

We've a strong squad so I can see us reach a SF (at least) in one of the domestic cups even with weakened starting line ups.

We get to the quarters/semis of the CL pretty easily most years under Klopp, can see us do that again. 

Just seem to lack that certain "something" in the really big games, need to turn those 0-0's and 1-1's into 1-0's and 2-1's respectively. Think we've become a bit predictable. Be interesting to see if we try a 4-2-3-1 in those critical games.

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. West Ham

3rd/4th round FA cup

Qtrs/SF Carabao

Qtrs/SF CL

Sign a top class midfielder (Barella for example) then I can see us win silverware. We're too over reliant on Fab and Thiago.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1105 on: June 28, 2022, 08:06:19 pm »
Liverpool will win the league, and by more than a few points too.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: June 28, 2022, 08:18:19 pm »
Kick the S***t out of City again in everything that Fa Cup semi final was amazing.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #1107 on: June 28, 2022, 08:41:44 pm »
We win the Premier League, we will be flying out of the blocks like in 19/20 when we won it! and treat every league game like a cup final.
We go out of both domestic cups before the semi finals. We get to another Champions League final, and as long as it is not against man city or real madrid in the final, we will win that too.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 08:43:28 pm by Ocean Red »

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: June 28, 2022, 09:15:17 pm »
The cheats to win a PL and CL double.

On the plus side, reckon Pep will walk after that, Silva and Gundogun will also leave and their midfield will be a shadow the season after, when we'll go on to win 3 titles on the bounce.

City to win the double
Pep to extend his contract for another 3 seasons
City to sign Bellingham next summer
Salah to leave on a free

We identify what we need to close the gap and wait until the following season to do anything about it

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #1109 on: June 28, 2022, 09:39:09 pm »
Quadruple because I was joking and said to a few Liverpool  fans. I actually think we can do it if Klopp manages the squad more which he will with 5 subs because he would indeed throw 5 subs on if they are all fit and inform to go. That’s why I disagree with people that say Klopp didn’t use Shaq,Origi,Taki,Keita,Ox more etc to relieve Fabinho,Thiago,Hendo,Milner duties. The reason why Thiago plays every game is because he’s so good. One of a kind. Even when you rest him you bring him off the bench to change the tempo to your favour. Fabinho never gets rested in a QUAD run which we had last season. We have a very good squad and believe we can do it all. I said it as a joke last season but reckon we can do it now after seeing it with my own eyes.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 09:42:06 pm by KloppCorn »

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1110 on: June 28, 2022, 10:30:31 pm »
We either win the league or nothing for me. Think City will finally win the CL and prioritise that and we take home the title.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: June 28, 2022, 10:31:23 pm »
Win every game obviously.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1112 on: June 28, 2022, 11:03:56 pm »
Win the league cup

Finish second

Hospitalise a few City players

Fuck Their bus up
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: June 28, 2022, 11:24:16 pm »
Win the league cup

Finish second

Hospitalise a few City players

Fuck Their bus up

Lmao fuck their bus up … solid prediction that
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1114 on: June 29, 2022, 05:01:37 am »
We do a treble of some kind, but including the league and the CL.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: June 29, 2022, 11:24:15 am »
Carvalho to score a hatrick in one of the cup games.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #1116 on: June 29, 2022, 06:07:49 pm »
Also we win the league by not relying on teams doing us any favours. It never works out like that for us. Stay top ahead of man city and stay there.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1117 on: June 29, 2022, 07:08:15 pm »
Salah to go 6 months without a topless instagram selfie

Nunez to score 30 goals

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: June 29, 2022, 07:11:16 pm »
We either win the league or nothing for me. Think City will finally win the CL and prioritise that and we take home the title.

I don't think City prioritising the CL effects them much in the league. Their CL form generally doesn't stop them much in title runs. We need to get 4 points from them, maybe 6 if we want that title.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: June 29, 2022, 07:13:08 pm »
Nunez to have an insane first season hitting over 35 goals

Curtis Jones to be our young player of the season

Gomez to come back strong and be one of the best CBs in the league

Keita to be our top scoring CM 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 07:15:13 pm by RyanBabel19 »