Author Topic: Elon Musk  (Read 77115 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Elon Musk
« Reply #1120 on: February 5, 2023, 06:47:31 pm »
Eh?
Spoiler
That's not the case in the uk. 

UK Prices:

Model 3 Base: From £43k, Long Range: from£51k, Performance: from £58k
Model Y base: from £45k, Long Range: from£53k, Performance: from £60k

BMW i4 - from £55k
Audi Q4 - from £45k
Hyundai Ioniq5 - from £42k
Mustang MachE - from £50k
Polestar2 - from £42k
Nissan Ariya from £45k
Merc EQA - from £47k
VW ID4 - from £38k
Kia EV6 - from £45k

The only ones I've driven are the i4, id4 and the q4, and I'd take any of them over a Y or 3 (I've driven both of those too, with the 3 being the being my preferred of the two). Teslas currently boss most for range and acceleration, but that won't be the issue much longer. The tipping point will be around 400miles - anything above that isn't really necessary, so when they all offer it, Tesla will have nowhere to go. It'll also make a huge charging infrastructure less necessary.

Teslas are decent enough but the build quality issues and fiddly ergonomics put me off them.
[close]
Subjectively, I'm not a fan of how they look either. Once someone points out that the Y looks like a PC mouse, you can't unsee it.

Cover blown.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: February 5, 2023, 06:51:48 pm »
I4 is really lovely. The greatest compliment is that it just feels like a 3 or 4 series. I know the acceleration isn’t as good as the Tesla performance model on paper, but it still genuinely terrified me.

Nicest EV I’ve been driven in (but, sadly, not driven) is my neighbour’s Etron GT. It’s even nicer than the Taycan.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: February 5, 2023, 07:07:43 pm »
The e-tron is just a much nicer car,much,much,much nicer.

But then I loved the original as a kid.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1123 on: February 5, 2023, 07:11:20 pm »
Knobs.

I much prefer them to a touch screen.

You can feel a knob whilst driving, but on a touch screen you have to take your eyes off the road.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: February 5, 2023, 07:11:54 pm »
Knobs.

You can feel a knob whilst driving, but on a touch screen you have to take your eyes off the road.

Tee hee.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: February 5, 2023, 07:43:47 pm »
Knobs.

Love a good knob. The i4 still has a nice big knob.

And all the touchscreen gubbins isn’t motivated by improving the driving experience, but rather to cut costs.

Another big downer for Tesla (at least in the ones I drove last year) is no CarPlay support. I use it all the time in my car.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2023, 07:46:57 pm by thejbs »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: February 5, 2023, 08:07:43 pm »
Love a good knob. The i4 still has a nice big knob.

And all the touchscreen gubbins isn’t motivated by improving the driving experience, but rather to cut costs.

Another big downer for Tesla (at least in the ones I drove last year) is no CarPlay support. I use it all the time in my car.
No car play?????!!!!

Well that’s my entertainment gone, my maps gone, messages and phone too.

It’s way better than any makers own system.

I’m out (can’t afford one anyway mind ;D)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: February 5, 2023, 09:06:12 pm »
It could be different now, but neither car I drove had CarPlay - a 2020 model 3 and a 2022 model Y.

My car (2020 q3) has a big fat touchscreen and I use Siri and CarPlay for all the infotainment.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: February 7, 2023, 12:48:44 am »
As I mentioned I was going off Irish prices which skew it wildly but if you do go off uk ones I’m assuming all of those mentioned prices don’t include delivery? Whereas Tesla does.

For instance here it is not even possible to order the lowest spec cars of a number of brands so their lowest price isn’t a real thing. I’m guessing this is the same in the uk since we are both right hand drive but I could be off there and would be happy to be proven wrong on a tactic vw group, Hyundai etc use here.

You would also need to spec them comparatively because I don’t know about any of you but spec really matters and you would have to spend thousands to spec most of them to a Tesla.

Comparing a model y which I’ve not driven but it’s supposed to be fairly poor on the road compared to the 3 to a much more expensive i4 seems ridiculous to me. Comparing the i4 to the 3 would make much more sense but even that is mad. The price is a huge difference (even more here) though so even that’s not a great comparison.

I’ve had no problems with build quality and the consensus seems to be it has greatly improved but some of the ergonomics are off in particular the wipers. The vw group cars I tested were much worse with glitchy screens and climate controls, poor interior quality, and that was only test drives there are a myriad of issues with electric cars charging and other things happening that I’ve only read about from owners.

I’ve not even mentioned Tesla charging network which is worlds ahead of anything else.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1129 on: February 7, 2023, 12:54:56 am »
No car play?????!!!!

Well that’s my entertainment gone, my maps gone, messages and phone too.

It’s way better than any makers own system.

I’m out (can’t afford one anyway mind ;D)
None of them have CarPlay or android auto. They do use google maps and will tell you how much battery you will have left after you put in the destination. Never off by more than a few % which helps new people with range anxiety.

I would definitely prefer if it had android auto though tbf. The Spotify app is shite, they just added Apple Music but I use YouTube music normally.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: February 7, 2023, 02:40:40 am »
Spoiler
As I mentioned I was going off Irish prices which skew it wildly but if you do go off uk ones I’m assuming all of those mentioned prices don’t include delivery? Whereas Tesla does.

For instance here it is not even possible to order the lowest spec cars of a number of brands so their lowest price isn’t a real thing. I’m guessing this is the same in the uk since we are both right hand drive but I could be off there and would be happy to be proven wrong on a tactic vw group, Hyundai etc use here.

You would also need to spec them comparatively because I don’t know about any of you but spec really matters and you would have to spend thousands to spec most of them to a Tesla.

Comparing a model y which I’ve not driven but it’s supposed to be fairly poor on the road compared to the 3 to a much more expensive i4 seems ridiculous to me. Comparing the i4 to the 3 would make much more sense but even that is mad. The price is a huge difference (even more here) though so even that’s not a great comparison.

I’ve had no problems with build quality and the consensus seems to be it has greatly improved but some of the ergonomics are off in particular the wipers. The vw group cars I tested were much worse with glitchy screens and climate controls, poor interior quality, and that was only test drives there are a myriad of issues with electric cars charging and other things happening that I’ve only read about from owners.
[close]

I’ve not even mentioned Tesla charging network which is worlds ahead of anything else.

All great and all but it does look like a PC Mouse  ;D

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1131 on: February 7, 2023, 11:40:26 am »
In my part of the world the charging is free. That will inevitably end, but enjoying it while it lasts.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1132 on: February 7, 2023, 11:50:19 am »
We'll probably get to the point of high speed induction charging soon anyway, probably in roads so who cares :D

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: February 7, 2023, 11:56:45 am »
In my part of the world the charging is free. That will inevitably end, but enjoying it while it lasts.

Even better than free. By not buying petrol/diesel you avoid paying the fuel duty + VAT which goes to pay for the roads you're driving on. This is why you'll see a switch to point-to-point tolls or levies based on distance travelled per month/year.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1134 on: February 7, 2023, 11:59:44 am »
Even better than free. By not buying petrol/diesel you avoid paying the fuel duty + VAT which goes to pay for the roads you're driving on. This is why you'll see a switch to point-to-point tolls or levies based on distance travelled per month/year.

Installing that sort of infrastructure is years away. I'm going to enjoy the cheap ride for as long as I can in the meantime.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: February 8, 2023, 09:23:56 pm »

The delivery cost, if not included, only adds maybe £500 at most in the UK. Generally it’s already included in the ‘on the road’ figure.

The performance 3 is comparable to the I4 on price. I think the i4 m50 and 3 performance are about £2k apart in the UK, which is negligible at their respective price points.

And when it’s £2k difference, the BMW is hands down the better car. It feels £20k more expensive, not £2k. The interior is gorgeous and the driving position is perfect. It has buttons and switches and knobs - big, glorious, tactile knobs! Yes, the Tesla goes further between charges. Yes, the Tesla does 0-60 around half a second faster, but the i4 just feels better in every way, to me.

The supercharger network is currently a big plus, as I said before, but increasingly less so over time as range improves across the board.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1136 on: February 9, 2023, 06:53:03 am »
The delivery cost, if not included, only adds maybe £500 at most in the UK. Generally it’s already included in the ‘on the road’ figure.

The performance 3 is comparable to the I4 on price. I think the i4 m50 and 3 performance are about £2k apart in the UK, which is negligible at their respective price points.

And when it’s £2k difference, the BMW is hands down the better car. It feels £20k more expensive, not £2k. The interior is gorgeous and the driving position is perfect. It has buttons and switches and knobs - big, glorious, tactile knobs! Yes, the Tesla goes further between charges. Yes, the Tesla does 0-60 around half a second faster, but the i4 just feels better in every way, to me.

The supercharger network is currently a big plus, as I said before, but increasingly less so over time as range improves across the board.
What are those big (strange looking) grills about when there is no ICE to cool? They look even stranger once the registration plate is attached. In the main, I think 'form should follow function'.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: February 9, 2023, 03:56:49 pm »
Twitter had another lengthy outage over the last couple of days, and details of the new Twitter "Blue" have leaked.

Rumored new Twitter rules:

- 200 DMs limit per day (group chats included)
- 20 tweets limit per day (includes retweets, quote tweets and replies)
- 4 photos or 1 video per day (media tweets are counted separately from the general tweets)

Twitter Blue users will have no limits

Making Twitter less reliable and then taking privileges away from people and asking them to pay to get them back. Doesn't really feel like a winning strategy.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: February 9, 2023, 04:03:35 pm »
I've pretty much not opened Twitter since they fucked up the timeline a few weeks back. It just ruins it.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: February 9, 2023, 04:30:36 pm »
I've pretty much not opened Twitter since they fucked up the timeline a few weeks back. It just ruins it.

I've made it this far without creating an account and I don't intend to change.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1140 on: February 9, 2023, 05:59:18 pm »
It fell over last night - something about Tweet limit reached.

Twitter Support
@TwitterSupport
Twitter may not be working as expected for some of you. Sorry for the trouble. We're aware and working to get this fixed.
11:27 PM · Feb 8, 2023

It's Elmo all over - of course you can sack loads of people and run a skeleton crew if nothing ever goes wrong.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: February 9, 2023, 07:20:29 pm »
It fell over last night - something about Tweet limit reached.

It's Elmo all over - of course you can sack loads of people and run a skeleton crew if nothing ever goes wrong.

For the avoidance of all doubt, I'd just like clarify that I am NOT Elon Musk.  ;D

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: February 9, 2023, 07:29:34 pm »
For the avoidance of all doubt, I'd just like clarify that I am NOT Elon Musk.  ;D

Only the true Elon denies his divinity.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1143 on: February 9, 2023, 07:37:45 pm »

Only the true Elon denies his divinity.

while going all existential...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: February 9, 2023, 08:17:38 pm »
What are those big (strange looking) grills about when there is no ICE to cool? They look even stranger once the registration plate is attached. In the main, I think 'form should follow function'.

A BMW car has to have kidney grilles. It's the law. Although, on the i4 they're less kidney and more lung.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: February 9, 2023, 09:38:04 pm »
Timeline works fine as long as it’s in “following” mode…. They fucked it up so it kept defaulting to “for you” mode, but they’ve fixed that now.

Twitter had another lengthy outage over the last couple of days, and details of the new Twitter "Blue" have leaked.

Making Twitter less reliable and then taking privileges away from people and asking them to pay to get them back. Doesn't really feel like a winning strategy.
Social media where you can’t be social…….

Yeah..that’s going to work well isn’t it?

Hardly anyone will pay to use twitter as social media because you can use other apps like Facebook for free. Why would you pay?

20 tweets a day is insanely low.  It will kill it.
W

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: February 9, 2023, 09:38:36 pm »
A BMW car has to have kidney grilles. It's the law. Although, on the i4 they're less kidney and more lung.

A pair of buttocks.

Which is rather appropriate.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1147 on: February 10, 2023, 01:12:23 am »
They're no Sinclair C5s, that's for sure

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: February 12, 2023, 11:49:57 pm »
Elon won’t like this superbowl advert: https://youtu.be/_ZiSZbWIrzA

Offline Bluejay1932

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1150 on: February 13, 2023, 01:06:25 pm »
Was there an Elon Musk thread before he purchased Twitter I can't seem to find one, would be interesting to see how many people's opinions on him have changed since the purchase.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #1151 on: February 13, 2023, 02:19:35 pm »
Was there an Elon Musk thread before he purchased Twitter I can't seem to find one, would be interesting to see how many people's opinions on him have changed since the purchase.

Unlikely, he was probably mentioned in passing in threads relating to Tesla or SpaceX etc, but he wasn't really all that newsworthy in himself as an ongoing topic until recently.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1152 on: February 13, 2023, 02:24:53 pm »
Not sure about a dedicated thread but I do remember reading through a bunch of older posts about him when he was held in higher esteem! I didn't really know much about him until the Thai cave rescue; before then I knew he was heavily involved in electric cars and renewable energy, so for that he was in my good books, but the absurd cave submarine idea followed by the "paedo guy" lash out revealed what an egotistical saviour complex he had, and since then he's done a stellar job cementing his status as a bad bellend.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: February 14, 2023, 06:45:59 pm »
Have always thought he was all fart, no shite. But the pedo thing made me think he was actually a pathetic narcissist with an incredibly thin skin. Nothing he’s done since has proved that observation to be incorrect.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1154 on: February 14, 2023, 06:49:48 pm »
What do we think about him being rumoured to be interesting in buying the red Mancs?

:lmao

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1155 on: February 14, 2023, 06:54:33 pm »
What do we think about him being rumoured to be interesting in buying the red Mancs?

I understand that Musk was sat with Rupert Murdock at the Superbowl. I just want Musk to buy News Corp and work his magic there.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1156 on: February 14, 2023, 07:15:47 pm »

Wasn't he trolling them last year about that too?

Would be a good laugh watching that shitshow though.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: February 14, 2023, 11:08:33 pm »
That would be perfect. Happy to see the Qataris kept out and I despise Musk so he’s a good fit for Utd.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: February 15, 2023, 08:32:39 am »
Must donates almost 2 billion dollars in shares to an unnamed charity in what is definitely not a bid to avoid paying tax…

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: February 15, 2023, 07:31:37 pm »
It’s down ….yet again…

Seriously, nothing works…

It doesn’t tell me when people reply to my tweets or like them even.

It constantly goes wrong…

W