Poll

What do we think of the revelations

Oooooerr! Missus Phoop! Parp!! Whoop!
Gnurglian
Whistle my tassles
Guilt M'lord, fetch the lancets
What a kerfuffle

Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals  (Read 99226 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Harry and Megan Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #1000 on: March 9, 2021, 08:46:35 pm »
Firstly, he isn't good for anything, let alone a public platform to spout his vitriol on a daily basis, but secondly he wasn't actually fired, even if that would have likely happened.

GB News publicity stunt and - bizarrely - people seem to be falling for it.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: March 9, 2021, 08:49:09 pm »
It was good, wasn't it? Great to 'see' you, Harry.
Excellent. It's great to 'see' you too.  :)
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline RobinHood

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1002 on: March 9, 2021, 08:59:38 pm »
I don't really have a strong opinion on the monarchy either way, and I simply cannot understand why people like Piers Moron have got such a hate boner for Harry and Meghan.

I don't watch GMB anyway, but these days with what we know about mental health, it should never be acceptable to say what he did. Saying that though I wouldn't put Piers Moron alongside Katie Hopkins and Nigel Frottage in the Premier League of d*ckheads with the pure poison they come out with. I'd say he was more League 1 level where he says stupid stuff without thinking.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: March 9, 2021, 09:09:46 pm »
I'm no fan of Morgan, far from it in fact. But that's GMB back to quizzing Government ministers by that Ben from Tipping Point in the middle of a pandemic.

Why is ITV still a thing?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: March 9, 2021, 09:28:22 pm »
'He was into her' ;D

Well he seems to wish he was anyway.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: March 9, 2021, 09:29:52 pm »
Well he seems to wish he was anyway.

No doubt, probably thinks he had a chance as well, the dolt.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: March 9, 2021, 09:35:25 pm »
No doubt, probably thinks he had a chance as well, the dolt.

Well, what C-List American celebrity wouldn't be into a D-List English celebrity 16 years her senior?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1007 on: March 9, 2021, 10:16:33 pm »
All kicking off haha

Personally think Piers is good for a channel like ITV so surprised they made the decision, who the fuck is gonna watch GMB now!

They'll be gutted, behind closed doors, that's its come to this. Ratings will drop as a lot, like me, strangely, only turned on to see how much of a repulsive twat he is.

A sponge doesn't mind whether it soaks up champagne or piss.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: March 10, 2021, 01:43:05 am »
In further bizarre fallout from this stuff, you now have Jake Tapper from CNN on Twitter misunderstanding the purpose of Ofcom and declaring it to be state control of the media and in a manner that is somehow fitting with the entire idiotic situation, he proceeds to double down on his error when many, many people point out that he is wrong.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1010 on: March 10, 2021, 02:01:57 am »

He's got previous for doubling down on stuff, rather than pausing or just admitting he's wrong.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: March 10, 2021, 07:42:37 am »
Just saw the incident on Stephen Colbert's monologue. That guy really gave it to Piers straight didn't he? :lmao

Morgan's comments over Megan being suicidal are out of order. Yes, people can lie about this kind of thing, but his response is just vicious.  In the context of his overall remarks he's just refusing to give her even an inch. He really does come across like a spurned ex.

He probably thinks he can walk into any job on either side of the Atlantic too, so no wonder he buggered off when he got force fed some home truths.

Popcorn's Art

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1012 on: March 10, 2021, 08:16:52 am »
There’s a lot here that doesn’t makes sense to me.

Assuming all the claims of bulling and racism are true to some degree, and how at pains both Harry and Meghan were to say how great the Queen was to them and as a grandmother, how come she didn’t put her foot down with regards to the firm and their support of Meghan? She must talk to her grand children to have an inkling that things weren’t right, I’m sure her staff brief her on what’s going on in the press in relation to the Royal Family, so why didn’t she do something about it? Forget being the Queen, is she just a shit grandmother not to see how depressed her grand children were?

Secondly, being Indian we have a very warped sense when it comes to unborn babies, so I’d like to ask you good people a question. Why is it ok to speculate on the gender of a baby but not it’s colour? Because Indians will spend an awful lot of time taking about both in my experience.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: March 10, 2021, 08:21:29 am »
Piers will soon be back in America to try his luck with Fox News or at worst OANN.

He's just creating the spectacular exit required to drag his 'fans' over to whatever Fox News Channel Murdoch eventually launches in the UK. It will be the anti-cancel culture channel with his old Rule Britannia/Pro-Brexit crowd.

He'll also get some sort of hefty payout just like Bill O'Reilly or the full-pay holiday that Kay Burley get.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: March 10, 2021, 08:38:43 am »

Assuming all the claims of bulling and racism are true to some degree, and how at pains both Harry and Meghan were to say how great the Queen was to them and as a grandmother, how come she didn’t put her foot down with regards to the firm and their support of Meghan? She must talk to her grand children to have an inkling that things weren’t right, I’m sure her staff brief her on what’s going on in the press in relation to the Royal Family, so why didn’t she do something about it? Forget being the Queen, is she just a shit grandmother not to see how depressed her grand children were?

Secondly, being Indian we have a very warped sense when it comes to unborn babies, so I’d like to ask you good people a question. Why is it ok to speculate on the gender of a baby but not it’s colour? Because Indians will spend an awful lot of time taking about both in my experience.

There is a lot of hypocrisy though isnt there? When left leaning and left wing people defend ethnic minorities to the hill on certain subjects, they also tend to look the other way for issues around sexuality.

I remember that professor from Birmingham being asked whether black and asian people could be racist and he said yes they could also be racist but because they have those prejudices built into them by white people.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1016 on: March 10, 2021, 08:54:15 am »
He’ll land a job in that new right wing news channel won’t he.

Imagine the publicity old Brillo head will get now when he announces Morgan as his new breakfast anchor.
“The man they couldn’t cancel”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1017 on: March 10, 2021, 08:57:47 am »
I bet the Tory ministers are made up though because they got battered by him every morning. He’s still a fat gammon though.

Any reporter could have made sawdust out of Williamson Shapps and co simply by asking them simple questions, and then insisting they answer.
The media have been strangely compliant all along.
Morgan realised there was a niche for someone to make them actually answer a question.
Unfortunately they simply went elsewhere and spread their propaganda.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1018 on: March 10, 2021, 08:59:51 am »
Piers will soon be back in America to try his luck with Fox News or at worst OANN.
Andrew Neil will be on the phone as we speak

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1019 on: March 10, 2021, 09:01:43 am »
I'm no fan of Morgan, far from it in fact. But that's GMB back to quizzing Government ministers by that Ben from Tipping Point in the middle of a pandemic.

Why is ITV still a thing?

He's talked about nothing else but Meghan for weeks, he'd lost interest in Covid. It's become Good Meghan Britain.

He compromised himself on Covid and the lockdowns by pissing off to Barbados on the sly at Christmas after shouting at everyone to stay at home and for Christmas to be canceled.

He's an utter prick and can't handle being challenged. True that government ministers will have it that bit easier now, but his interviews are unwatchable anyway.

He'll be on GB News presenting the 'War On Woke' where he'll cry for 2 hours about vegan sausage rolls.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: March 10, 2021, 09:08:26 am »
There is a lot of hypocrisy though isnt there? When left leaning and left wing people defend ethnic minorities to the hill on certain subjects, they also tend to look the other way for issues around sexuality.

I remember that professor from Birmingham being asked whether black and asian people could be racist and he said yes they could also be racist but because they have those prejudices built into them by white people.

At least in my experience Indians and Asians in general are a lot more prejudiced on matters of gender, sexuality and race then most white people could imagine (and culturally predates any interactions or colonialism by Europeans), and I have certainly been subject to more racism from my own people compared to white people (where I could probably count instances of out and out racism on one hand and I’m nearly 40)
Thinking is overrated.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1021 on: March 10, 2021, 09:10:39 am »

I think the Queen, who is after all, a very old lady, is increasingly dependent on her advisors. One wonders how often she sees her family, and how much she is aware of what goes on.
Given that 3 out of 4 of her children have all had car crash marriages, one son is under a cloud accused of being a paedophile, another is so gormless she dare not abdicate in his favour, I doubt she can be pleased with how the servants brought them up.
Given the fact that most, if not all, her advisors are from a certain class in society, her advice will be weighted with some particular advice.
Stiff upper lip, white British imperialist racism didn’t go away when we “gave up” the empire.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: March 10, 2021, 09:22:56 am »

:lmao

Just taking advantage of whitey's absolute terror of putting one syllable out of place these days.  Can't speak for blacks but both the Indian and Chinese subsets of Asians can be absolutely poisonous,  racist c*nts off their own tod that'll instantly improve the people around them if you pushed them off a cliff.

I dunno,  last I heard these two (Harry,  Meghan)  went off to be independent.  Great.  They've had some time,  what have they built?

Edit: Goes without saying beyond your teens and onwards,  you've had time to figure things out.  From then on,  Indian,  Chinese,  black,  white,  it's all you.  There's both quality and poison everywhere, assess and pick.  Guys like that prof shouldn't be in a job if he's pushing that.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 10:59:24 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: March 10, 2021, 09:27:56 am »
I think the Queen, who is after all, a very old lady, is increasingly dependent on her advisors. One wonders how often she sees her family, and how much she is aware of what goes on.
Given that 3 out of 4 of her children have all had car crash marriages, one son is under a cloud accused of being a paedophile, another is so gormless she dare not abdicate in his favour, I doubt she can be pleased with how the servants brought them up.
Given the fact that most, if not all, her advisors are from a certain class in society, her advice will be weighted with some particular advice.
Stiff upper lip, white British imperialist racism didn’t go away when we “gave up” the empire.

Yeah, that’s all very true. I’m still sticking to my original hypothesis about this all. That with all the recent car crashes in the Royal family (and I’m not talking about Phil’s driving) that the decision has been taken to basically protect Kate at all costs, and that Meghan was basically the cannon fodder to keep the attention away from Kate. I’m too young to say with any certainty, but at least in my mind Fergie was similarly pretty much a figure of fun (even before the toe sucking or whatever it was) while Diana was certainly hounded it was a very different kind of coverage she got until the marriage started to fall apart.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: March 10, 2021, 09:29:44 am »

It was not just speculation. The person in question "raised concerns" about what colour the child would be. Why would anyone have "concerns" about a childs skin tone. If they were concerned about the colour, then it is not acceptable.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1025 on: March 10, 2021, 09:36:36 am »

I believe it is because the gender of the baby has less significance in modern society than the race of the baby.

In a developed society, a male or female offspring doesn't mean anything with respect to the "furtherment" of a generation of a family. But race? Racism is still blatantly existent in invisible forms. You could argue that sexism exists as well. Yes. But be it male or female, the "next" generation is secured.

Even in India for example. I don't know if you are in India or an Indian in the UK. But regardless, we know the kind of fair skin that is glorified in India. And more than wanting a male offspring.

And if that's the situation in India, you can imagine why this is seen as a big deal in the seemingly developed nations where gender advancements have come up leaps and bounds. But not race.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1026 on: March 10, 2021, 09:55:14 am »
It was not just speculation. The person in question "raised concerns" about what colour the child would be. Why would anyone have "concerns" about a childs skin tone. If they were concerned about the colour, then it is not acceptable.
Who on earth knows what was actually said, or who said it for that matter? It seems like it would be a hysterical overreaction given Meghan isn't that dark herself.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #1027 on: March 10, 2021, 10:12:48 am »
It depends on what was asked - if it was speculation - 'Will he look like his Mum or his Dad?' 'What colour will his hair be?' 'I wonder what his skin tone will be?' then I don't really see that it's a problem. Everyone speculates about the appearance of an expected child. If, however, it was a matter of concern -'I hope his skin won't be too dark' or similar than yes it's a problem and the person should be called out over it.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1028 on: March 10, 2021, 10:14:45 am »
It depends on what was asked - if it was speculation - 'Will he look like his Mum or his Dad?' 'What colour will his hair be?' 'I wonder what his skin tone will be?' then I don't really see that it's a problem. Everyone speculates about the appearance of an expected child. If, however, it was a matter of concern -'I hope his skin won't be too dark' or similar than yes it's a problem and the person should be called out over it.

The reaction from them in the interview would suggest is was more that bit
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: March 10, 2021, 10:17:45 am »
I wonder if they were worried if the kid would have big ears like his grandfather Prince Charles.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: March 10, 2021, 10:20:27 am »

In some respects the 'punching down' argument vs 'punching up' is what comes to mind in these situations, the implication that a dark skinned kid was somehow lesser.  The academic definition of racism is prejudice plus power inequality, so non-white people cannot be racist but can certainly be the target of racism.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1031 on: March 10, 2021, 10:28:58 am »
In some respects the 'punching down' argument vs 'punching up' is what comes to mind in these situations, the implication that a dark skinned kid was somehow lesser.  The academic definition of racism is prejudice plus power inequality, so non-white people cannot be racist but can certainly be the target of racism.

There are a lot of asian backgrounds that see black people as inferior though so with that then its not true to say non white people cannot be racist.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: March 10, 2021, 10:30:13 am »
There are a lot of asian backgrounds that see black people as inferior though so with that then its not true to say non white people cannot be racist.

The same applies in Qatar for example to immigrant workers
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: March 10, 2021, 10:31:52 am »

Maybe they were hoping the child wouldn't end up a ginger like his dad and get all of the Catherine Tate ridicule.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1034 on: March 10, 2021, 10:41:38 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/mar/10/susanna-reid-bids-farewell-disruptive-piers-morgan-after-gmb-exit

Later, in a carefully worded monologue, Reid said Morgan “has many critics and he has many fans” and “he has been a voice for many of you and a voice that many of you have railed against”.

“You will know that I disagreed with him about Meghan’s interview,” she said. “He himself clarified his comments about her mental health on the show yesterday. There are many voices on GMB and everyone has their say. But now Piers has decided to leave the programme. Some of you may cheer and others may boo.

“He has been my presenting partner, Monday to Wednesday, for more than five years.”

Later, Singh said: “Piers is a unique individual … someone who had no fear about how people saw him, or the impact possibly about what he said had on other people.”

Can't help but think that Singh had a four or five word statement ready there, but opted to play it carefully ;D

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1035 on: March 10, 2021, 10:43:51 am »

There is an element of 'crabs in a bucket' mentality about some races which seem to be astoundingly prejudice to each other, and it's seemingly culturally normal.  My partner is a POC and the amount of comments from her family which are of this nature are significant - I'm of an open mind but even so it's remarkable to hear the kind of things which would get white people ostracized and ridiculed - basically accepted as normal.

The academic argument is more that it is not possible for people to 'punch up' and that is not racism if it's done from a position lacking in power.  So in the Western world, for example, Asians cannot be racist against Black people if they themselves lack power, they're just exhibiting prejudice instead.   

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: March 10, 2021, 10:44:20 am »
If you genuinely are upset and saddened to hear of Piers departure from GMB and would like to let him know your support for him, its best to ring up and leave a message on someone else's voicemail.

(Robbed off twitter)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1037 on: March 10, 2021, 10:49:29 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/mar/10/susanna-reid-bids-farewell-disruptive-piers-morgan-after-gmb-exit

Can't help but think that Singh had a four or five word statement ready there, but opted to play it carefully ;D
He clarified his comments and then back tracked once he had left ITV.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #1038 on: March 10, 2021, 11:02:45 am »
If you genuinely are upset and saddened to hear of Piers departure from GMB and would like to let him know your support for him, its best to ring up and leave a message on someone else's voicemail.

(Robbed off twitter)

Very true though. His murky past is largely unknown to the young uns.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1039 on: March 10, 2021, 11:08:23 am »

someone who had no fear about how people saw him

Why did he flounce off the set then when he was  actually challenged on his bullshit?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season