Author Topic: Kicking Off in Iran....Again  (Read 24120 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kicking Off in Iran....Again
« Reply #200 on: December 27, 2022, 07:05:25 pm »
It's going to be another Syria at this rate. They'll have helicopters machine gunning protesters and the army launching mortars. Probably are already. :(

At some point we have to hope the army realise it's more trouble than it's worth and switch sides.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #202 on: January 15, 2023, 03:48:23 pm »
The Islamic Republic is sooooooo bad, honestly I could write a novel how they've destroyed our homeland in everyway imaginable. Saudi Arabia and Qatar are literal heavens in comparison when thinking about it.

Actually, I was thinking which regime is worse than them in the world, and I could only come up with North Korea (at least no mandatory hijab or banned bars there) and Taliban (which we would have been like had the Islamic Republic directly succeeded Qajar dynasty directly in early 1900s)...in a way, Pahlavi family was the only Iranian regime that recognized women as human and gave them equal rights. else IR would literally be Taliban (they are literally Taliban with better makeup and PR now) .

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #203 on: January 15, 2023, 03:50:47 pm »
Seriously grim, this.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2023, 07:37:47 pm »
Everyday  I seem, to read about someone being executed just for wanting to speak freely and dress how they want…

How depressing
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: July 1, 2023, 11:32:03 am »
I watched this BBC documentary on the uprising in Iran, it was a tough watch but once more my admiration for those women and men remains steadfast. The major street protests have been stifled by the evil state, but acts of defiance are still being made, with individual acts of bravery. My biggest fear is in the end these people will be forgotten but I hope their memory lives on. Another thing which occured to me. So many people go on about the evils of social media and yes we know that there are extremes to it. But without social media we would not be viewing what these courageous people achieved. So many of the  young teenagers involved used their social media accounts to show the world, what they were having to live with. It's proof that social media has it's uses in society as a means of showing their life and sacrifice. As in the words of the protesters, Women, Life, Freedom.

https://search.bbc.co.uk/search?q=Inside%20the%20Iranian%20Uprising&suggid=urn%3Abbc%3Aprogrammes%3Am001nbh3&scope=iplayer%3Atv&destination=iplayer
« Last Edit: July 1, 2023, 11:33:54 am by jillcwhomever »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 8, 2023, 07:43:09 am »
I see it continues to kick off in Iran. Young women being pushed into vans in one video this c*nt slams her head into the door. Absolute animals. It's disturbing how this story has been forgotten in the West. There was also an acid attack on girls in a school. Please don't forget about this, these brave women deserve support.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #207 on: October 8, 2023, 10:12:25 am »
I see it continues to kick off in Iran. Young women being pushed into vans in one video this c*nt slams her head into the door. Absolute animals. It's disturbing how this story has been forgotten in the West. There was also an acid attack on girls in a school. Please don't forget about this, these brave women deserve support.

The Morality Police. The words make you shudder.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Danishred

• Boys Pen
« Reply #208 on: October 8, 2023, 12:49:47 pm »

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, highlighting this devastating situation!
For those who don't follow these things very closely, it is worth mentioning that Narges Mohammadi was awarded this years Nobel Peace Prize "for her fight against the oppression of women in Iran and her fight to promote human rights and freedom for all."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narges_Mohammadi

She is currently imprisoned by the awful Iranian regime and they have, unsurprisingly condemned this year's award.
https://www.reuters.com/world/iran-condemns-awarding-nobel-peace-prize-mohammadi-biased-political-move-2023-10-06/

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 8, 2023, 01:26:30 pm »

I echo this
Where did you read about the latest attacks Jill?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: October 8, 2023, 10:08:18 pm »
For those who don't follow these things very closely, it is worth mentioning that Narges Mohammadi was awarded this years Nobel Peace Prize "for her fight against the oppression of women in Iran and her fight to promote human rights and freedom for all."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narges_Mohammadi

She is currently imprisoned by the awful Iranian regime and they have, unsurprisingly condemned this year's award.
https://www.reuters.com/world/iran-condemns-awarding-nobel-peace-prize-mohammadi-biased-political-move-2023-10-06/

My pleasure, these brave people should be getting all the attention that they have earned. Such courageous people fighting this revolting regime, when you put this with the post that downtown has put on the Israel thread, what a moment it would be if the people of Iran unite and say enough is enough. Especially as this regime is behind a lot of what's going on elsewhere in the Middle East. Delighted this brave person has been recognised.

I echo this
Where did you read about the latest attacks Jill?

Sorry Kenny. I read it on a twitter account of a journalist in Iran, a lot of the time it goes very quiet then suddenly something appears. I should have put the video on this morning but got distracted. Needless to say it's been taken down again, surprise, surprise. But the brave fight continues in Iran let's hope one day it pays off for them.

The Morality Police. The words make you shudder.
Shuddering indeed Yorkie.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2023, 10:09:54 pm by jillcwhomever »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: October 9, 2023, 07:52:13 pm »
Another great defiance from Iran.

Emily
@emilyshar1
Iranians refusing to step on American and Israel flag. As an islamic republic supporter walks across both flags, student’s chant “bisharaf” meaning dishonorable or lack of dignity.

https://x.com/emilyshar1/status/1710881841211638203?s=20

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #212 on: October 9, 2023, 10:44:25 pm »

Emily
@emilyshar1
Iranians refusing to step on American and Israel flag. As an islamic republic supporter walks across both flags, student’s chant “bisharaf” meaning dishonorable or lack of dignity.

That’s incredibly brave.
To show dignity like that in-the face of oppression.

Would I have the courage? I doubt it sadly
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: October 9, 2023, 10:49:55 pm »
These acts of defiance keep occuring despite the constant crack downs by the authorities, amazing how things have changed in Iran.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #214 on: October 10, 2023, 04:54:08 pm »

Emily
@emilyshar1

Great stuff. There's millions of good 'uns in Iran.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #215 on: October 10, 2023, 09:13:29 pm »
Yes indeed it is.

Iran is the only "muslim" country where the ordinary people (not the regime mercenaries) are much more pro-Israel or more to say anti-Palestine. The reasons are very simple:

- Palestine was a terrorist training ground for Islamists and Marxists to get military training and import them to Iran to cause chaos in lead up to the 1979 "revolution" which started our downfall and misery.

- Palestinians absolutely love Saddam Hussain. There is a Saddam square in Gaza and even 2 nights ago when there was "celebration rally" for Hammas, the Palestinians were dancing with Saddam posters (I have the video)

- For 44 years, all of our taxes, and money of OUR IRANIAN natural resources has been going to Palestine, Gaza, Hezbollah etc...A large proportion of population in the West is already frustrated and tired of having their tax money sent to Ukraine after 1.5 years, now imagine this scenario for 44 bloody years as you get poorer and poorer every day. That's why One of the most prevalent chants in all anti-regime protests in Iran is: "No to Gaza, No to Lebanon, My life is only for Iran."

- All of Gazans, Hamas fans, Hezbollah etc would gladly come to streets of Tehran and act as suppression arm of Islamic Republic to massacre Iranians just so that their sugardaddy sponsor, Islamic Republic, can stay in power. Last year on Twitter in height of the Mahsa Amini protests, literally every single person with "Palestine" flag in their bio and name were justifying the brutal massacre of our kids, women, teenagers, and men on the streets of Iran.

The hell with them. Sorry if it comes as insensitive...I've seen nothing but misery in my life from Palestinian side. So that's why Iranians are the only "muslim" countries that rarely care about Ummah or Islamic aspect of Palestine stuff. We've suffered enough...plus, we were a nation before Islam even was forced on us, and we'll be a nation long after these cancers (Mullahs) are gone.

Last night in Israel-support rally in Toronto:

« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 09:18:10 pm by downtown »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 10, 2023, 09:40:32 pm »
Yes indeed it is.

Iran is the only "muslim" country where the ordinary people (not the regime mercenaries) are much more pro-Israel or more to say anti-Palestine. The reasons are very simple:

- Palestine was a terrorist training ground for Islamists and Marxists to get military training and import them to Iran to cause chaos in lead up to the 1979 "revolution" which started our downfall and misery.

- Palestinians absolutely love Saddam Hussain. There is a Saddam square in Gaza and even 2 nights ago when there was "celebration rally" for Hammas, the Palestinians were dancing with Saddam posters (I have the video)

- For 44 years, all of our taxes, and money of OUR IRANIAN natural resources has been going to Palestine, Gaza, Hezbollah etc...A large proportion of population in the West is already frustrated and tired of having their tax money sent to Ukraine after 1.5 years, now imagine this scenario for 44 bloody years as you get poorer and poorer every day. That's why One of the most prevalent chants in all anti-regime protests in Iran is: "No to Gaza, No to Lebanon, My life is only for Iran."

- All of Gazans, Hamas fans, Hezbollah etc would gladly come to streets of Tehran and act as suppression arm of Islamic Republic to massacre Iranians just so that their sugardaddy sponsor, Islamic Republic, can stay in power. Last year on Twitter in height of the Mahsa Amini protests, literally every single person with "Palestine" flag in their bio and name were justifying the brutal massacre of our kids, women, teenagers, and men on the streets of Iran.

The hell with them. Sorry if it comes as insensitive...I've seen nothing but misery in my life from Palestinian side. So that's why Iranians are the only "muslim" countries that rarely care about Ummah or Islamic aspect of Palestine stuff. We've suffered enough...plus, we were a nation before Islam even was forced on us, and we'll be a nation long after these cancers (Mullahs) are gone.

Last night in Israel-support rally in Toronto:

Fantastic to see you downtown, glad you have come back on and look forward to keeping up with what's going on in Iran.  :)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: October 10, 2023, 10:18:52 pm »
This is a shocking message from Nazanin who is a well respected Iranian journalist, who has brought many stories of whats going on in her native land, I have followed her for a long time. It kind of sums everything  that is wrong with the security set up in this wretched country of ours.  :no

Nazanin Boniadi

@NazaninBoniadi
On two occasions in the past week I’ve been detained and questioned by
@metpoliceuk
 counterterrorism unit and border officers at London’s Heathrow Airport.

This is at the same time that members of Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Islam Republic regime operate openly in the UK.

Rather than protecting us against a regime that actively targets its opponents on Western soil, the
@metpoliceuk
’s incompetence further undermines our security. I call on the
@ukhomeoffice
 to offer support for dissidents, not distress.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #218 on: October 11, 2023, 05:26:28 pm »
Fantastic to see you downtown, glad you have come back on and look forward to keeping up with what's going on in Iran.  :)

Thanks Jill, I appreciate it so much. I really hope it's towards the end of them, so I can soon go back home after almost 2 decades and rebuild my own country.

As for news in Iran, a 16-year old schoolgirl, Armita Geranvand was beaten by Morality Police in the metro a week ago and she's been in a coma since (Basically exactly what happened to Mahsa Amini before she died after 3 days in coma) . There is heightened security presence where she's hospitalized and her mom has already been arrested (A lot of parents of those killed in last year's protests have either been arrested or are under house arrest, the ones who went public at least).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/05/armita-geravand-iran-cctv

Iranian opposition figures have demanded the release of complete CCTV footage of an incident in which a 16-year-old girl, now in a coma, collapsed after a claimed encounter with hijab police on the Tehran metro.

Armita Geravand remains in hospital after the incident on Sunday. Authorities have released footage that they say substantiates their claim that Armita fainted due to a drop in blood pressure, but witnesses and rights groups abroad allege that she fell during a confrontation with agents because she was not wearing the hijab.

CCTV footage shared by the state news agency IRNA showed Armita without a hijab accompanied by two female friends walking towards the train from the metro platform. Upon entering the carriage, one of the girls is seen immediately backing off and reaching for the ground, before another girl is dragged unconscious from the cabin by passengers.

A witness claimed that soon after Armita entered the carriage a female hijab enforcer started arguing with her because she wasn’t wearing a headscarf. “The chador-clad woman screamed at her asking her why was she not covered,” the witness told the Guardian. “Armita then told her ‘Do I ask you to remove your headscarf? Why are you asking me to wear one?’ Their argument then turned violent. The hijab enforcer started physically attacking Armita and … violently pushed her.”

Another witness said Armita was still conscious when she fell on the ground. Witnesses claimed they spotted the same hijab enforcer waiting behind the ambulance that took Armita to the hospital.

State news has not carried any footage from inside the train itself and offered no explanation on why it hadn’t been released. Most train cars on the Tehran metro have multiple CCTV cameras, which are viewable by security personnel. Opposition figures say the clock on the footage shows at least 100 seconds is missing.

The human rights group Hengaw said Armita’s mother, Shahin Ahmadi, had been arrested on Wednesday and that her whereabouts was unknown. Iran’s semi-official Tasnim news agency denied the claim, which could not be verified. If Ahmadi has been detained it would suggest that authorities fear she did not believe the official narrative of what happened to her daughter.

In an interview broadcast on Tuesday, Ahmadi said her daughter had collapsed due to a fall in her blood pressure, but activists said they feared her testimony had been staged.

Rights groups fear that Armita might face the same fate as Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old woman whose death in a coma last year in the custody of morality police sparked months of nationwide protest. In another echo of the Amini case, a journalist from the Shargh newspaper, who tried to investigate the incident, was briefly detained.

“Her friends and family are under pressure,” one witness said. “I don’t expect them to reveal the truth after what happened to Mahsa’s family.”

Narges Mohammadi, a women’s rights activist serving a 10-year jail sentence in Evin prison in Tehran, said on Instagram that the “government’s behaviour shows its desperate attempt to prevent the truth … from being revealed”.

The case has begun to draw international attention, including from the German foreign minister, Annalena Baerbock, who tweeted: “Once again a young woman in #Iran is fighting for her life. Just because she showed her hair on the subway. It’s unbearable.”

Abram Paley, the US deputy special envoy for Iran, tweeted that he was shocked by the reports that the “so-called morality police” had assaulted Armita. He added: “The reported arrest of reporter Maryam Lotfi while investigating this assault is also unacceptable and an affront to journalistic freedoms. The Iranian regime should spend more time worrying about how it treats its own people rather than how the media covers its abuses”.

Iran has returned its morality police and hijab enforcement agents to the street in recent months as lawmakers push to enforce even stricter penalties for those flouting the head-covering requirement.

Hengaw claimed that the security guards responsible for policing the hijab at the Tehran metro station where Armita was injured had not reported for work, but it has not been possible to confirm this independently. She was taken to the nearby Fajr hospital, which is now under heavy guard.

Nasser Kanani, a spokesperson for the Iranian foreign ministry, described western countries’ concern about the situation of Iranian women “interventionist, biased and dishonest”.

Iran’s few remaining independent newspapers, under ever heavier censorship, have not reported extensively on what happened, but Etemaad, a reformist paper, challenged the government to explain why reporters were being prevented from carrying out their constitutional duty to seek the truth.

A trade union for teachers said in a statement on Wednesday that the ministry of education’s security director had visited Armita’s school and threatened her teachers. “He emphasised that sharing any news or photos of Armita Geravand on social media by her teachers would result in heavy fines and the immediate termination of their contracts,” the union said.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 05:28:16 pm by downtown »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 11, 2023, 05:45:26 pm »
Thanks Jill, I appreciate it so much. I really hope it's towards the end of them, so I can soon go back home after almost 2 decades and rebuild my own country.

As for news in Iran, a 16-year old schoolgirl, Armita Geranvand was beaten by Morality Police in the metro a week ago and she's been in a coma since (Basically exactly what happened to Mahsa Amini before she died after 3 days in coma) . There is heightened security presence where she's hospitalized and her mom has already been arrested (A lot of parents of those killed in last year's protests have either been arrested or are under house arrest, the ones who went public at least).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/05/armita-geravand-iran-cctv

I read about this poor girl the other day and meant to put this on here, such evilness to be attacking your children they are the people of the future. We need to keep this open as a tribute to those who have had the courage to fight this despicable regime. I really hope with everything downtown you get your wish and a new beginning for Iran a country which has such a great and unique history, but has been let down by some odious regimes. You deserve better.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2023, 08:58:42 pm »
Jill, I've spent a lot of time the last year reading our contemporary history in a lot more details and watching lots of video content from 1940s forward and the more I read, the more I talk to my elders, the more I watch videos of the Pahlavi dynasty, the more I appreciate what they did for this country and makes me cry how they were treated....lots through marxist/islamist propaganda....about Savak for example, all the current Islamic Republic elite were prisoners of Savak in addition to extreme marxists and terrorist MEK organization. It was literally our version of CIA or M16...like any country has...but I urge people to read about White Revolution that Shah did (in 1963) that absolutely changed Iran for so much better for the decades that came right before the wretched "revolution"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Revolution

- Great redistribution of wealth to Iran's working class
- Gave right to vote to women (first country in Middle East to do it)
- explosive economic growth in subsequent decade
- rapid urbanization
- deconstruction of Iran's feudalist customs
- Free and Compulsory Education and a daily free meal for all children from kindergarten to 14 years of age
- Introduction of Social Security and National Insurance for all Iranians
- Workers' Right to Own Shares in the Industrial Complexes

and much more....May he rest in peace ... I'll make a much more detailed post with videos and comparisons when the time is right. But the more I read about the Shah and watch his old interviews (both in Persian, English and French (he was a polyglot) , the more I love him for all the right reasons. His system wasn't perfect and needed some reforms to give more power to parliament, but it's undeniable that Pahlavi dynasty were the most competent and progressive and modern rulers Iran as a country has ever had (at least in the last 400 years).

-----------------
Anyways, terrible news regarding the 16-year old Armita. Reports coming out tonight that she has died ... Another Mahsa Amini a year later :(

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2023, 10:05:00 pm »
Jill, I've spent a lot of time the last year reading our contemporary history in a lot more details and watching lots of video content from 1940s forward and the more I read, the more I talk to my elders, the more I watch videos of the Pahlavi dynasty, the more I appreciate what they did for this country and makes me cry how they were treated....lots through marxist/islamist propaganda....about Savak for example, all the current Islamic Republic elite were prisoners of Savak in addition to extreme marxists and terrorist MEK organization. It was literally our version of CIA or M16...like any country has...but I urge people to read about White Revolution that Shah did (in 1963) that absolutely changed Iran for so much better for the decades that came right before the wretched "revolution"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Revolution

- Great redistribution of wealth to Iran's working class
- Gave right to vote to women (first country in Middle East to do it)
- explosive economic growth in subsequent decade
- rapid urbanization
- deconstruction of Iran's feudalist customs
- Free and Compulsory Education and a daily free meal for all children from kindergarten to 14 years of age
- Introduction of Social Security and National Insurance for all Iranians
- Workers' Right to Own Shares in the Industrial Complexes

and much more....May he rest in peace ... I'll make a much more detailed post with videos and comparisons when the time is right. But the more I read about the Shah and watch his old interviews (both in Persian, English and French (he was a polyglot) , the more I love him for all the right reasons. His system wasn't perfect and needed some reforms to give more power to parliament, but it's undeniable that Pahlavi dynasty were the most competent and progressive and modern rulers Iran as a country has ever had (at least in the last 400 years).

-----------------
Anyways, terrible news regarding the 16-year old Armita. Reports coming out tonight that she has died ... Another Mahsa Amini a year later :(

That's terrible news, RIP Armita.  :(

Thanks for the link, I will certainly have a look and by all means use this thread to put other videos on, I am always interested learning about other cultures.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 28, 2023, 04:54:16 pm »
The sad news has been confirmed officially RIP Armita.  :(

Nazanin Boniadi
@NazaninBoniadi

Devastated to hear that 16-year-old #ArmitaGeravand has died after 28 days in hospital following a reported assault by Islamic Republic morality police while on a Tehran metro, because she wasn’t wearing the compulsory hijab. When impunity reigns supreme, history repeats itself. #WomanLifeFreedom #MahsaAmini