Author Topic: Pep Lijnders  (Read 149677 times)

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pep Lijnders leaves Liverpool with immediate effect
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2018, 01:29:36 pm »
He's the perfect candidate for replacing one brain with another, whether that's sort term or long term.

Are there any UEFA rules preventing him from coming back to the club before the 26th?

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2018, 01:33:56 pm »
If he wants to, then I wouldn't have no issue with him coming back in some capacity.
Highly rated by all accounts and knows this club. "Welcome back" if you want to, Pep!

Hell, I'd take Doc Iqbal back also!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2018, 02:04:19 pm »
starting to look like Bluemoon in here with all this talk of 'our Pep'

when's the memorial service for the coach?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2018, 02:05:09 pm »
My point was more - don't make any definitive conclusions based on the limited information we have available to us. We don't know what is going on in Beale's head. For example, for a man with Beale's skillset, we wouldn't have been the only club that could employ him having to almost make a job to do so. You could equally argue having moved away from youth coaching and got a taste for the next step up, he got little job satisfaction and would prefer to stick at what he enjoys and feels he is good at. And doing that somewhere he feels comfortable after a hectic few months in Brazil.

Maybe similar has happened with Ljinders. Maybe he re-evaluates his coaching career to date, asses what aspect he enjoys the most and realises he would like to coach a team but at youth level again, like he did with Neves group at Porto and the U18 group here.

Or maybe he wants to come back to the role he had. Or even move into the assistant role as you said. They are all options, some more likely than others. But I wouldn't rule anything out. There is the human aspect in all of this - in people making decisions that they feel will best satisfy them even if from the outside looking in, they make little sense, logically speaking.

Don’t think I made any definitive conclusions but more an educated (or uneducated depending on your pov) guess on the information that we have available. 

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2018, 02:38:10 pm »
Don’t think I made any definitive conclusions but more an educated (or uneducated depending on your pov) guess on the information that we have available.

We have almost no information though, which was my underlying point.

We assume career progression for them as professionals is from coaching U7 as entry level and being as close to the manager seat as possible as progress. When in reality, they may still be trying to work out what they are good at, not good at, enjoy doing, don't enjoy doing. Finding out what they want to be doing for the next 20 or so years in football. Which means while we see becoming U18 as a step backwards, it's possible Ljinders may be offered any of the roles that are open and he feels that is the one he has been most effective in his career, or enjoyed the most.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2018, 06:00:12 pm »
We have almost no information though, which was my underlying point.

We assume career progression for them as professionals is from coaching U7 as entry level and being as close to the manager seat as possible as progress. When in reality, they may still be trying to work out what they are good at, not good at, enjoy doing, don't enjoy doing. Finding out what they want to be doing for the next 20 or so years in football. Which means while we see becoming U18 as a step backwards, it's possible Ljinders may be offered any of the roles that are open and he feels that is the one he has been most effective in his career, or enjoyed the most.

Right, the information that we do have is that Pep has stated, on more then one occasion, that he wants to be a manager.  You can rightly assume that, given that he so clearly wants to be a manager of a 1st team, that he likely would not want to go back to coaching youth players but would prefer to get more experience working with senior pros under one of the best managers in the game today. 

It’s all conjecture obviously but I don’t think there’s anything wrong about what I’m saying.  I may be wrong, and you may be right, but based on what we know, I don’t think my opinion is totally out of bounds here. 

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2018, 06:16:21 pm »
Right, the information that we do have is that Pep has stated, on more then one occasion, that he wants to be a manager.  You can rightly assume that, given that he so clearly wants to be a manager of a 1st team, that he likely would not want to go back to coaching youth players but would prefer to get more experience working with senior pros under one of the best managers in the game today. 

It’s all conjecture obviously but I don’t think there’s anything wrong about what I’m saying.  I may be wrong, and you may be right, but based on what we know, I don’t think my opinion is totally out of bounds here.

But everything you said is based on old information. His opinion was before he had been a manager. Now he has done that, objectively struggled and failed.

His opinion today would be relevant and that is completely unknown to us. But it is 100% what he bases his next step on his career path on. His opinion before he was a manager may be relevant and may be completely irrelevant. But it is unreliable to base anything on so I just wouldn't assume anything based on things he said in the past.

Basically, all the important information in this are completely unknown. Does he STILL want to be a manager? Did he get any satisfaction from that job? Would he like to give it another go? Would he prefer to go back to youth coaching? No idea on any of those at all. Which makes guessing his next move relatively futile.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2018, 06:36:22 pm »
PoP loses out to another one. The man just want's a hug from Kloppo for fuck sakes...and to wear his short short's.

It's an effin' disgrace. I even bought different brands. The Umbro ones are like thongs.
Better looking than Samie.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2018, 06:39:38 pm »
why are people fighting the idea that he wouldn't come back if offered? He liked it here a lot and liked Klopp a lot.

it's like trying to hard to find negativity.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2018, 06:41:54 pm »
But everything you said is based on ol d information

Which is why I said, “based on the information we know”. 

By the way, I totally understand your point of view on this.  All I’m doing is giving an opinion. 

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2018, 06:48:58 pm »
Which is why I said, “based on the information we know”. 

By the way, I totally understand your point of view on this.  All I’m doing is giving an opinion.
It's what forums are for.

I've no idea what he will do next. A lot of coaches give management a bash, fail, go back to coaching. Some are driven by the need to succeed in everything they put their mind to. Some just find coaching kids far more enjoyable and rewarding as you can actually teach and mould the players more. As a manager it is far more difficult to actually effect change in a player.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2018, 07:42:01 pm »
Would love to see him come back

Klopp spoke incredibly highly of his ability previously

Offline Art of Lies

• The anime Effes. RAWK never forgets the tentacles.
  • Kopite
« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2018, 09:56:52 pm »
If he has bills to pay, then he probably doesn't care. When your wages come from such an unstable environment as professional coaching, you take whatever jobs will pay you the money - unless you're already filthy rich, in which case, you can take the Rangers or Valencia jobs :D

But for the mere mortals, whatever pays the bills gets the call.

Of course, and we all understand that, no shame in you coming out and just saying you flip burgers at McNasty's to make ends meat because training the under 7's doesn't pay the rent.

It certainly won't change my opinion of you or the insights you provide, and if there are any people here that would judge you based upon your day (or night) job then I am sure most people here will agree that this only reflects badly on them and not you.

:P
'If I had known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.'

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2018, 10:16:08 pm »
Of course, and we all understand that, no shame in you coming out and just saying you flip burgers at McNasty's to make ends meat because training the under 7's doesn't pay the rent.

It certainly won't change my opinion of you or the insights you provide, and if there are any people here that would judge you based upon your day (or night) job then I am sure most people here will agree that this only reflects badly on them and not you.

:P

Rubbish.

It's Burger King.

The hours are better.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2018, 12:08:47 am »
Rubbish.

It's Burger King.

The hours are better.

And so are the burgers.

But some fucker needs to have a word with them about their chips.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2018, 01:51:55 pm »
Neil Jones (formerly of the Echo) now in Reddy's old job at Goal says we want Pep to come back
https://t.co/f10crVhpcV?amp=1

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2018, 01:56:53 pm »
Bring him back!!!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2018, 01:58:32 pm »
I saw that earlier on, hope Pep returns as he was a valued member of the coaching team. He was at the final too as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2018, 01:59:43 pm »
Seems a no brainer. Good coach, staff and players all love his ideas and has a good eye for internal talent.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2018, 02:05:05 pm »
Neil Jones (formerly of the Echo) now in Reddy's old job at Goal says we want Pep to come back
https://t.co/f10crVhpcV?amp=1

Hopefully Pep comes back but it seems that Buvac won’t be returning.  It’ll be interesting to see how Klopp replaces the “brain” of his staff.  Will it just be Pep stepping in and taking that role or will Klopp bring in someone from the outside?

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2018, 02:08:20 pm »
Hopefully Pep comes back but it seems that Buvac won’t be returning.  It’ll be interesting to see how Klopp replaces the “brain” of his staff.  Will it just be Pep stepping in and taking that role or will Klopp bring in someone from the outside?

Does anyone know what happened there yet?
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2018, 02:21:45 pm »

Nothing has come out that I have seen. 

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2018, 02:51:36 pm »

They almost certainly had a falling out. One article mentioned in passing that Buvac was concerned about his standing within the game and had become increasingly disinterested.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2018, 02:59:28 pm »
Seems a no brainer. Good coach, staff and players all love his ideas and has a good eye for internal talent.

Agree with this. Klopp knows what he’s getting so does seem a no brainer.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2018, 03:41:59 pm »
Hopefully Pep comes back but it seems that Buvac won’t be returning.

Hopefully Pep does but nobody knows anything about Buvac at the moment.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2018, 04:09:32 pm »
Hopefully Pep does but nobody knows anything about Buvac at the moment.

Going by that article it would seem that it’s looking like he won’t be coming back.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2018, 04:48:20 pm »
Going by that article it would seem that it’s looking like he won’t be coming back.

Then why did you say this before the article?

Nothing has come out that I have seen. 

After saying this:

Hopefully Pep comes back but it seems that Buvac won’t be returning. 

You think he won't.

That's fine.

But it's just a thought.

It's entirely possible to feel that he will come back because he is with his ailing father and neither the club nor Jurgen have said anything because they are respecting Buvac's privacy.

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2018, 05:05:41 pm »
It's entirely possible to feel that he will come back because he is with his ailing father and neither the club nor Jurgen have said anything because they are respecting Buvac's privacy.
Erm what?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2018, 05:08:33 pm »
Erm what?

It was claimed by a Bosnian journalist that he was with his father who was ill, and that's why the club has not commented.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2018, 07:07:43 pm »
It was claimed by a Bosnian journalist that he was with his father who was ill, and that's why the club has not commented.

Defacto (I think it was) said that the journalist who did say that is far more reliable than the Bosnian tabloid who claimed that Buvac was going to Arsenal. We'll just have to wait and find out.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2018, 07:15:00 pm »
Defacto (I think it was) said that the journalist who did say that is far more reliable than the Bosnian tabloid who claimed that Buvac was going to Arsenal. We'll just have to wait and find out.

Yes, Haris Mrkonja who works for N1, which is the CNN affiliate in the Balkans.

Haris Mrkonja N1

@harismrkonjan1
Follow Follow @harismrkonjan1
More
Željko #Buvac has apparently been spending a lot of time in Banja Luka, BiH lately. His visits are related to his father's illness, per sources. Rumours about being #Wenger successor may not be accurate. I'm digging though.. stay tuned. #Liverpool #Arsenal #LFC #AFC

4:16 AM - 1 May 2018
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:17:12 pm by deFacto »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2018, 07:21:11 pm »
Yes, Haris Mrkonja who works for N1, which is the CNN affiliate in the Balkans.

Haris Mrkonja N1

@harismrkonjan1
Follow Follow @harismrkonjan1
More
Željko #Buvac has apparently been spending a lot of time in Banja Luka, BiH lately. His visits are related to his father's illness, per sources. Rumours about being #Wenger successor may not be accurate. I'm digging though.. stay tuned. #Liverpool #Arsenal #LFC #AFC

4:16 AM - 1 May 2018

His story, like those that say he is gone, to be taken for what they are - probably a combination of guess work intermingled with a touch of knowledge or tips, and a little smattering of putting two and two together because of what had gone on before!

We'll find out soon enough.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2018, 07:34:12 pm »
His story, like those that say he is gone, to be taken for what they are - probably a combination of guess work intermingled with a touch of knowledge or tips, and a little smattering of putting two and two together because of what had gone on before!

We'll find out soon enough.

We know by now it has nothing to do with Arsenal or any other coaching job.

He's not a tabloid journalist, and he doesn't write nonsense. His comment about 'I'm digging stay tunned'' was in regards to the Arsenal link at the time, as he explained in another tweet because people were questioning him to clarify that

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2018, 07:37:59 pm »
We know by now it has nothing to do with Arsenal or any other coaching job.

He's not a tabloid journalist, and he doesn't write nonsense. His comment about 'I'm digging stay tunned'' was in regards to the Arsenal link at the time, as he explained in another tweet because people were questioning him to clarify that

we don't know that though really.   

Anyway, we'll find out soon enough now the season is over.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: June 5, 2018, 05:03:16 pm »
Benefit of leaving on good terms.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: June 5, 2018, 05:06:45 pm »
Welcome back Pep! ;D

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #158 on: June 5, 2018, 05:07:18 pm »
Did absolutely woeful at NEC but suppose he's well-suited to this job if Klopp wants him back!
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #159 on: June 5, 2018, 05:08:02 pm »
Nice
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.