Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1455093 times)

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Virgil Van Great
« Reply #11000 on: October 9, 2022, 07:21:48 pm »
Him, Fab, Trent and Salah are just sleepwalking through games now.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11001 on: October 9, 2022, 07:22:45 pm »

I frankly just expect him to be poor nowadays. When was the last genuinely good game he had? Certainly not been this season.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11002 on: October 9, 2022, 07:24:29 pm »
His drop off has been more alarming to me than anyone else.

We’re back to 17/18 levels…

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11003 on: October 9, 2022, 07:25:57 pm »
I frankly just expect him to be poor nowadays. When was the last genuinely good game he had? Certainly not been this season.
Just doesn't see and snuff out the danger anymore, Matip not great today but him and Konate would be my pick.

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #11004 on: October 9, 2022, 07:28:06 pm »

True.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11005 on: October 9, 2022, 07:28:51 pm »
Another player who's legs are gone.

He's finished.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11006 on: October 9, 2022, 07:30:05 pm »
Since we have no money - would we sell him to generate funds for purchases? Let him fully decline elsewhere?

Or is this a wait for the World Cup to be over and then he will be back?

With CBs it's weird as he could be still very good at 33-34. But right now he's really really bad.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2022, 07:38:16 pm by newterp »

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11007 on: October 9, 2022, 07:30:33 pm »
Another player who's legs are gone.

He's finished.

Wank

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11008 on: October 9, 2022, 07:31:19 pm »
Can we change this thread title.

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #11009 on: October 9, 2022, 08:18:36 pm »
Concerning form from the big man. To say he's finhed though is ludicrous.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #11010 on: October 9, 2022, 08:26:17 pm »
Can we change this thread title.

It’s not as bad as Salahs one….

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #11011 on: October 9, 2022, 08:30:28 pm »
Our defence and VVD in particular have been so well oiled under Klopp, it’s just bizarre to see what’s happening this season. Where was he going for that first goal. He used to be so good at holding the line.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11012 on: October 9, 2022, 08:30:48 pm »
He was immense in the 2nd half of last season. His legs didn't go over the summer. He's been poor this season by his standards but by no means responsible for today.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11013 on: October 9, 2022, 08:35:46 pm »
I wonder if he is playing within himself because of the World Cup. It will be his last chance there considering his age. I wonder that about a few players.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #11014 on: October 9, 2022, 08:36:30 pm »
I wonder if he is playing within himself because of the World Cup. It will be his last chance there considering his age. I wonder that about a few players.

I said that last game and someone call it "the worst take ever" so...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11015 on: October 9, 2022, 08:38:36 pm »

I remember someone in Holland asking the same question, it feels like it's happening too when he's playing for Holland as well. People have noticed he is not playing the way he can and has up to now.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11016 on: October 9, 2022, 08:39:38 pm »

Impossible to prove but not the worst take ever. It must be a huge ambition for him and maybe he's lost some focus.
Still as I said earlier, he wasn't the reason we lost today.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11017 on: October 9, 2022, 08:39:44 pm »
Is defending by showing your bum a new way of defending or what. Has been doing it for weeks and it's so easy to just pass him when he's playing like that. Also lost a yard of pace but he's not the only one to do so.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11018 on: October 9, 2022, 08:40:24 pm »

IF that was proven to be the case (no idea how you would) then he should be benched immediately and probably sold ASAP.

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11019 on: October 9, 2022, 08:40:30 pm »
I don't know if people noticed but teams are cutting through our midfield and that's leaving the defence exposed. Virgil is the best CB in the world but with the midfield the way it is, he's a sitting duck along with whoever plays alongside him as the CB. The entire side needs recalibration but CB and GK are the two positions where I think we're okay for the moment.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11020 on: October 9, 2022, 08:41:38 pm »

That's why I said let's see what happens post World Cup.

On its face, it seems like an outrageous take that a professional superstar would not give 100% for fear of injury before the World Cup. but clearly something is completely wrong here.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11021 on: October 9, 2022, 08:43:55 pm »
I don't know if people noticed but teams are cutting through our midfield and that's leaving the defence exposed. Virgil is the best CB in the world but with the midfield the way it is, he's a sitting duck along with whoever plays alongside him as the CB. The entire side needs recalibration but CB and GK are the two positions where I think we're okay for the moment.

Agreed, although our midfield was on top first half today until they fell in a hole and looked like they were running in treacle.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11022 on: October 9, 2022, 08:45:39 pm »
When we're losing games it really frustrates me seeing our key players losing form/focus/hunger or whatever this is. Van Dijk, Salah Fabinho, Trent, its affecting them all. He's my favourite player and its so disheartening to see. I want to see a Van Dijk on the pitch bullying centre forwards and making them not even try to take him on but more than that I want to see him angry and he doesn't seem to be at the minute. Things are getting really bad for us now and the big players are just not doing it

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #11023 on: October 9, 2022, 08:45:54 pm »
I dunno about all the criticism - would any of the people slating him like to detail what he should be doing differently?
Its very hard for centre backs when the midfield is constantly over run in front of them - there isn't a centre back in the world that looks good when they're facing multiple runners with no cover

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #11024 on: October 9, 2022, 08:46:44 pm »
I remember someone in Holland asking the same question, it feels like it's happening too when he's playing for Holland as well. People have noticed he is not playing the way he can and has up to now.

It makes zero sense. He’s not doing anything differently, he’s never been one to launch into tackles or anything, it’s not like he’s jogging around. And his national team coach is exactly the man who will drop players who he thinks aren’t playing well enough. Someone suggested the same for Fab, who struggles to get in the national team at the best of times. So is holding back to impress someone who doesn’t fancy him anyway…? Trent and Robbo have had a similar drop this season, are we thinking Trent’s holding back because he’s comfortable in Gareth Southgates team?

It’s just an easy excuse
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11025 on: October 9, 2022, 09:04:31 pm »
He looks all at sea but it’s largely to do with the fact that he has runners all around him. Brighton did a load of that.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11026 on: October 9, 2022, 09:05:32 pm »
I dunno about all the criticism - would any of the people slating him like to detail what he should be doing differently?
Its very hard for centre backs when the midfield is constantly over run in front of them - there isn't a centre back in the world that looks good when they're facing multiple runners with no cover

Probably on between this and some regression.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #11027 on: October 9, 2022, 09:07:22 pm »
Bit weird his partner in crime has escaped any kind of criticism. I agree, VVD hasn't been at his best, far from it, but I'm more worried about Matip, he seems to lack any positional awareness.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #11028 on: October 9, 2022, 09:23:39 pm »
Wish he'd stop those long cross-field switches to Salah.  They cost us possession time after time.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11029 on: October 9, 2022, 09:35:11 pm »
Bit weird his partner in crime has escaped any kind of criticism. I agree, VVD hasn't been at his best, far from it, but I'm more worried about Matip, he seems to lack any positional awareness.

I don't think anyone in the defence was brilliant today to be fair, even Ali was making misjudgements at times. But there is a lot of upheaval in the side at the moment. We need to find a way to sort that and hope the players can adjust.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11030 on: October 9, 2022, 10:17:27 pm »
I fear his Anfield record is in serious jepordy.

Offline James...

• Main Stander
« Reply #11031 on: October 9, 2022, 10:34:43 pm »
His peak back 18/19 was the highest peak I ever saw from a CB. This player is just unrecognisable to that. Looks flustered so often. Doesn't dominate players physically like he used to. Doesn't win everything so cleanly any more. He was still excellent last season though so I'm not that concerned by it just yet. I don't think he has ever got back to his 18/19 level to be honest but if he can find his 19/20 or 21/22 level again he's still the best around.

He needs to start taking responsibility again though. That mix up with Alisson was shocking. He watched a ball get punted 75 yards from the keeper and had his hands up asking Alisson to come get it when it was nowhere near the box ffs. Just deal with it lad.

The bit where Jesus almost caught him out when shielding ball too... he then starts laughing and hugging Jesus. Show some aggression and anger lad. Our season is falling apart. Stop laughing and joking about almost just getting caught for another goal.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11032 on: October 9, 2022, 11:02:40 pm »

I've noticed Matip really struggling with a few things, like sorting his feet out to clear a cross properly and getting his body between attackers and the ball. It's strange because he's been so dependable but suddenly this season looks like he can't quite find his feet.

It might just be the case with our entire back line that they're second guessing themselves a lot due to the sheer amount of options the opposition have. When there are 2-3 players all free and moving around the defence and you've got no cover from midfield it's a lot harder to be decisive and commit.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11033 on: October 9, 2022, 11:04:22 pm »
I fear his Anfield record is in serious jepordy.

Probably gone next weekend if we are being honest.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11034 on: October 11, 2022, 09:30:45 am »
He'll come good again, I have no doubts about that.

His interviews after every game are starting to get tiresome though.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #11035 on: October 11, 2022, 09:32:16 am »

Don't watch them then.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #11036 on: October 11, 2022, 09:35:35 am »

Hang on. You said a few posts ago his legs have gone.

How can he come again if his legs have gone?

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11037 on: October 11, 2022, 09:41:43 am »
Hang on. You said a few posts ago his legs have gone.

How can he come again if his legs have gone?

I don't think he'll ever get back to his 2019 level, no. But there's no way he'll continue to play this badly either. Middle ground.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #11038 on: October 11, 2022, 09:56:26 am »
Unfortunately, the 3 players if on top form would allow us to paper over the aging cracks in the team are Mo, Virgil and Fabinho. If they were top of their game we'd look and be a lot better, they aren't.
Let's hope they're back to their best soon or its going to be a long season.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11039 on: October 11, 2022, 10:11:28 am »
Still reckon that Virgil is only a couple of blinders away from getting his form back. Psychology, and  confidence along with tiredness are the key to everything.