Author Topic: Thank you Guardian.  (Read 61608 times)

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
Re: Thank you Guardian.
« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2010, 09:43:09 pm »
Great job to be fair. kept me going in work!

Offline chrishughes

• no brainer...
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2010, 09:46:46 pm »
The Guardian were very good in their coverage and so were the Dallas Observer. Credit to both.

Offline IntTrolleh

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2010, 09:49:34 pm »
Great job to be fair. kept me going in work!
I think you can change your sig now!
white liquid in a bottle has to be milk

Offline careca

• Kopite
  • "Shanks - Considered wisdom"
« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2010, 09:52:05 pm »
should be up for an award for its coverage as ever hard hitting and honest...
Keeping the faith

Offline Bartholomew Appleby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • This text is invisible.
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2010, 10:44:42 pm »
Very satisfied with the way they covered this case. The Guardian is a top class paper. Been subscribing to their weekly edition for some years now (living in Norway), not many other papers I'd consider paying to get shipped from another country (or in this country for that sake).

Offline Blingostarr

• Anny Roader
« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2010, 11:12:31 pm »
I cant begin to imagine how many times i pressed F5 on this website since Tuesday and today I wasnt at a computer and relied on their updates from my phone.....they did great altho it was a bit aaaaaaaaargh when they had people saying conflicting things but its all good in the end
JFT96

Offline Glorious Future

• Anny Roader
« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2010, 01:40:00 pm »

Agreed. The coverage was beyond anything I thought the mainstream press could do anymore. Absolute credit (among a pit of shite) to good, modern, news reporting.

Kept me sane during all the hours of uncertainty while I tried to hold down a job last week.  ;)
Faith is a passionate intuition.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/

Offline Buzby

• Main Stander
« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2010, 01:49:47 pm »
With everyone camping on their page and hitting refresh repeatedly I shudder to think how much bandwidth their servers were using!

Absolutely superb job on their part though, and highlighted how the internet can be used for up to the minute reporting. It also highlighted how pointless a daily printed newspaper is these days, so a bit of a double edged sword for them!
"If the supporters like me, then it's only half as much as I like them." - K. Dalglish

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2010, 02:27:31 pm »
With everyone camping on their page and hitting refresh repeatedly I shudder to think how much bandwidth their servers were using!

Absolutely superb job on their part though, and highlighted how the internet can be used for up to the minute reporting. It also highlighted how pointless a daily printed newspaper is these days, so a bit of a double edged sword for them!

They'll love it. They can now tell advertisers that their site gets X ammount of hits per day/week etc....

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #249 on: October 16, 2010, 02:39:16 pm »
They've done a fantastic job over the last 4 days. Thank you Guardian.

Offline Ulke

• Main Stander
  • Blörgh!
« Reply #250 on: October 16, 2010, 02:40:05 pm »
Thank you guardian, it was a pleasure getting updates from that live event.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #251 on: October 16, 2010, 02:47:45 pm »

Indeed. Perhaps keep our eyes peels for journalism awards and make sure they get a mention.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2010, 02:50:02 pm »
Also, do them a favour and click on a couple of their adverts the next time you are on their website. It's how they get paid.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Whippo

• Main Stander
    • SoS Sweden
« Reply #253 on: October 16, 2010, 02:50:19 pm »
Agree with what's been said in this thread. The live coverage on the site and also all the journalist twittering was excellent.

Highlight for me was when they added an YNWA youtube clip embedded in the feed after the first home victory.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”

- www.spiritofshankly.com -

Offline reds9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #254 on: October 16, 2010, 04:27:46 pm »
Thanks Guardian, that page must have been my all-time most refreshed page ever.

Offline Kopendscorer

• Main Stander
« Reply #255 on: October 16, 2010, 06:42:56 pm »
As a Guardian reader for over 30 years I didn't think they would let us down. The regular footy writing is always good as well. I'm reminded of David Lacey, the writer who only does a Saturday column now, who wrote after England lost 2-1 to Norway in a WC game in 1981 that ' Russell Osman has as much relevance to international football as Kermit the frog has to Darwin's theory of evolution' Brilliant.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #256 on: October 16, 2010, 06:51:54 pm »
I think Guardian deserves a good mention for their live updates, including commentary and links to other sources/comments.
Even posted YNWA youtube videos yesterday.

Well Done.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline BurstingTheNet

• Anny Roader
    • Every Kick of It
« Reply #257 on: March 6, 2012, 12:22:31 am »
Couldn't find another place to post this, but wanted to get it off my chest. Is it just me or has the Guardian become an absolute load of pigshite recently? Aside from the foreign or freelance journalists they bring in (Cox, Wilson, Honigstein, Lowe etc.) and the might that is James Richardson, the collection of journalists at the paper seem astoundingly poor at the moment. Really rubbing off on the usually excellent football weekly pod as well, which is absolutely awful compared with recent seasons. Have subscribed to the paper for a few years now but never find myself flicking through the sport any more for the sheer outrage and fury it invokes!
Quote from: Daniel Agger
It is a gesture for The Kop, The Club, and the city. The club and the people mean a lot to me, but what the words means in themselves is that you have stop to think once in a while that no matter how dark things look, we are never alone.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #258 on: March 6, 2012, 12:24:31 am »
Couldn't find another place to post this, but wanted to get it off my chest. Is it just me or has the Guardian become an absolute load of pigshite recently? Aside from the foreign or freelance journalists they bring in (Cox, Wilson, Honigstein, Lowe etc.) and the might that is James Richardson, the collection of journalists at the paper seem astoundingly poor at the moment. Really rubbing off on the usually excellent football weekly pod as well, which is absolutely awful compared with recent seasons. Have subscribed to the paper for a few years now but never find myself flicking through the sport any more for the sheer outrage and fury it invokes!

Although I do visit the website, it's only on a casual basis and I've not got any particular opinion on the points you raise myself - have seen a few other people make similar observations, mind...so you're not alone.

Offline AisoD

• Anny Roader
  • On my best behaviour. Honest.
« Reply #259 on: March 6, 2012, 12:25:51 am »
Barney Ronay and Scott Murray are class.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: March 6, 2012, 12:25:56 am »
Daniel Taylor is their chief football writer. Says it all really.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #261 on: March 6, 2012, 12:34:53 am »
Exactly. Its a bit like putting a 12 year old in charge of a school, well out of his depth in every department.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: March 6, 2012, 12:57:15 am »

Most of their regular writers are shite. A hell of a collection of guest writers though, almost a who's who of the best football writers around. Among their regulars, I like Scott Murray for his habit of consistently challenging perceived wisdom. Virtually alone among the mainstream media, he rated Lucas long before it became fashionable to do so, and he's argued that Benitez and Dalglish are underrated in popular opinion.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: March 6, 2012, 01:15:16 am »

One of the biggest twats in sports journalism. And that is saying something.

Offline FutureWaves

• Main Stander
« Reply #264 on: March 6, 2012, 01:29:03 am »
Been really turned off and quite surprised by several articles they've published in the past few months. Always regarded them as the best source for football news and op-eds, yet it seems their approach has changed in favour of sensational headline journalism. Pieces about Carroll to City and Daniel Taylor's arrogant critique of Kenny Dalglish made me want to vomit.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #265 on: March 6, 2012, 01:51:17 am »
They've become tabloid-esque over the last six months, particularly in regard to transfers and big issues. Raphael Honigstein, Sid Lowe and Michael Cox are the only writers worth reading from there at the moment.

Offline Billman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #266 on: March 6, 2012, 02:10:50 am »
I visit the site several times a day because they update the fastest, and I am a big fan of their football podcast. The football site has some good guys and gals on board, but plenty of rogues as well. Also feel like them upstairs encourage the editorial and writing staff to bait readers with the way headlines/reader polls are phrased, and the general thrust of some of the articles, in order to boost the number of comments and thereby impress advertisers because they are hemorrhaging money by all acoounts. At times it feels like they blur the line between broadsheet and tabloid.

Don't want to be too down on them  because there's great stuff on the website as a whole, and it's all free. To be honest I would feel a bit lost if it were all to suddenly vanish, but I won't be going out of my way to thank them.

And then there's Daniel Taylor.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2012, 02:48:51 am by Billman »

Offline Billman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #267 on: March 6, 2012, 02:28:34 am »
In mid-February, after the Luis Suarez handshake business, Irish journalist Ken Early wrote a piece in the Irish Examiner under the heading 'Red devil can be Kenny's Cantona', in which he suggested Alex Ferguson was being hypocritical in his post-match comments on Suarez, considering what had happened with Cantona years before. The article showed up on this website at the time.

Shortly after the article was published, the editor of the Sunday Times in Ireland, Frank Fitzgibbon - who is an LFC fan and completely open about it - tweeted Early and said:

"great article Ken. Ashamed at the manner in which the media have behaved. Makes me want to jack it all in and sell used cars...."

Early responded:

"cheers frank. think coverage has been somewhat distorted by need for journos to show how sternly they disapprove of racism"

Next thing in jumps Guardian sports editor Ian Prior with this tweet:

"What, as opposed to showing how much they approve of racism? Must bear that in mind for a column"

Prior is the sports editor of the Guardian and to me the exchange sums up their whole approach: best to err on the side of caution and always be seen to disapprove of racism, regardless of whether the allegations have any basis in reality. It really is stifling.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2012, 02:51:19 am by Billman »

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: March 6, 2012, 02:37:03 am »
decent blog about suarez today by michael cox - so not a permanent guardian journo i think - which is actually written without any sly digs or anything like that.....something which i have come to expect in pretty much most articles written by journos too smug and lazy to write proper balanced reports
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/mar/05/liverpool-luis-suarez
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #269 on: March 6, 2012, 10:36:14 am »
I visit the site several times a day because they update the fastest, and I am a big fan of their football podcast. The football site has some good guys and gals on board, but plenty of rogues as well. Also feel like them upstairs encourage the editorial and writing staff to bait readers with the way headlines/reader polls are phrased, and the general thrust of some of the articles, in order to boost the number of comments and thereby impress advertisers because they are hemorrhaging money by all acoounts. At times it feels like they blur the line between broadsheet and tabloid.

Don't want to be too down on them  because there's great stuff on the website as a whole, and it's all free. To be honest I would feel a bit lost if it were all to suddenly vanish, but I won't be going out of my way to thank them.

And then there's Daniel Taylor.

I'd be over the moon if they went out of business myself.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #270 on: March 6, 2012, 10:45:17 am »
Taylor is a joke, pretty much ignore their Liverpool news and match reports.
Contrast this with the Telegraphs below it:-

Robin van Persie has waited a long time to score at Liverpool and will remember both of the goals that earned Arsenal the points here. His first is the only goal he has scored with his head this season; his second was a winner in the second minute of added time that will rank as one of the best strikes of his career, even though he makes a habit of unanswerable finishes. This volley was not quite in the Marco van Basten class of spectacular, nor was it as jaw-droppingly sumptuous as the one Van Persie scored against Everton this season, but it was a gloriously instinctive piece of skill that silenced Anfield just when it seemed a ninth home draw of the season was on the cards.

It was almost a carbon copy of his goal against Everton, even down to Alex Song providing the pass, though given the stage for the game and the significance of the victory in the race for fourth place in the Premier League, this was a cause for greater celebration.

Having gone ahead through an own goal and missed another penalty, Liverpool were probably only worth a point, but when Van Persie reached on to Song's long ball forward in stoppage time they were denied even that. There could be no argument against such a decisive score and there was little time left in any case. Van Persie hit the ball as it dropped over his shoulder and surprised Pepe Reina with his speed of thought rather than the power or placement of his shot.

"When you see the ball landing at Van Persie's feet you can always expect something special," Arsène Wenger said. "With a striker of that quality in the side you always have a chance until you are killed off. Our goalkeeper and centre forward made the difference today because we were not in the game in the first half. One-one at the interval flattered us."

Liverpool should have gone in front after 17 minutes of an eventful first half when Luis Suárez won a penalty, tumbling over Wojciech Szczesny's outstretched leg after pushing the ball past the goalkeeper. There was some doubt about the amount of contact – and at least a suggestion that Suárez was looking to go down – but it appeared that a foul had been committed so the referee, Mark Halsey, pointed to the spot. Perhaps significantly, he took no further action against the Arsenal goalkeeper, who could have been dismissed but stayed on the field to save his side twice over from Dirk Kuyt's penalty.

First Szczesny dived to his right to keep out the spot-kick, then flung himself to his left to palm away the follow-up, which Kuyt might have been better to leave to the better-placed Jordan Henderson. "The second was the save of the game," said Arsène Wenger. "I wasn't happy about the referee's decision originally, but I heard television had shown it was a penalty."

Szczesny's good work was wasted six minutes later, when he was beaten by one of his own defenders. Liverpool had put together a good passing move, with Jay Spearing and Stewart Downing launching Henderson down the right wing. The eventual cross was nothing special and, from a good position to intercept, Laurent Koscielny came up with a finish better than any of the home strikers would have managed, smacking the ball past his keeper under no particular pressure.

Following up after Szczesny had pushed out a shot from Henderson, Suárez hit a post as Liverpool enjoyed their best spell, but just as Arsenal seemed to be struggling to contain their opponents they drew level, with a goal of clinical quality produced out of nothing.

Bacary Sagna was allowed all the time he required to arrow in a pinpoint cross from the right that took Martin Skrtel out of the equation and left Van Persie with the relatively straightforward task of staying in front of Jamie Carragher and heading the ball past Reina from the six-yard line for what was his 30th goal of the season.

Suárez was unlucky towards the end of the first half when he turned Thomas Vermaelen inside out only to see Szczesny just reach his shot, then Liverpool hitthe woodwork again just before the interval when Kuyt touched on Charlie Adam's cross. Liverpool have been denied by the goal-frame more often than any other Premier League club this season and whilesome will say that shows the extent of their attacking intent, others would suggest there is room for improvement in their finishing.

Arsenal lost Mikel Arteta with a neck injury at the start of the second half after an accidental collision with Henderson,but continued to hold their own against a Liverpool midfield that lacked Steven Gerrard, injured while playing for England in midweek.

They might have taken the lead on 70 minutes when Theo Walcott's shot took a late deflection off Skrtel to bring a sharp reaction save from Reina, though they could also have gone behind at around the same stage in the game. Kuyt's excellent cross from the right fell to Martin Kelly, at the far post, who finished like a full-back suffering a nosebleed from being too high up the pitch.

To his credit, Kenny Dalglish did not attempt to claim an injustice had taken place or that Liverpool were only beaten by a wonder strike. "The scoreline didn't reflect the game, but that was our own fault," the Liverpool manager said. "We played well and did enough to have won, but we were beaten because we didn't score enough goals when we were dominating the game. The result was the only disappointing thing. The next lesson we need to learn might be how to be ugly and win."

How had they lost? Liverpool supporters poured out of Anfield baffled and frustrated.

They had watched their side miss a penalty, hit the woodwork twice and waste a series of chances against a jaded-looking Arsenal, only to end up losing it in stoppage time.

How had they lost? There was a simple three-word answer to that question: Robin van Persie.

By his standards, the Arsenal captain was barely involved.

Utterly isolated for long periods of the game, he struggled to get a kick. But with two touches he won the game. In the first half, with Arsenal just hoping to hang on, he headed an equaliser and two minutes into stoppage time he volleyed a superb winner.

As Arsène Wenger succinctly put it: “From not a lot, he did a lot.”

The result gives the league table a healthy shine for Arsenal: they have a 10-point cushion over Liverpool and are now just four points behind North London rivals Tottenham.

Van Persie had the grace to concede his team got away with it. “We didn’t deserve it if we are honest,” he said. “Liverpool played better than us but to nick it like that we can only be pleased. It was a massive result for us.”

The winning goal carried echoes of Van Persie’s exquisite finish against Everton earlier this season. Just like with that goal, Alex Song spotted the Dutchman pulling away from his man – Jamie Carragher in this case – and found him with a perfectly measured diagonal pass. Van Persie met it on the volley with his left foot, beating Pepe Reina at his near post.

“It was exactly the same pass as Alex gave me at Everton,” Van Persie said.

“The difference was that for that goal I met it with the front of the foot and shot into the opposite corner while this time I went to the other corner and hit it with the side of my foot. It was an unbelievable pass from Alex.”

Van Persie gave his man-of-the-match champagne to Wojciech Szczesny, and with good cause. The Arsenal goalkeeper single-handedly held off Liverpool in the first half.

Steven Gerrard had brought out the Carling Cup trophy before the game but any suggestions that there would be a hangover from that game were swiftly countered. Even without their captain, whose hamstring kept him out, Liverpool were dominant.

Luis Suárez was lively and after 18 minutes he played a one-two with Dirk Kuyt in the Arsenal area, and then dragged the ball away from the onrushing Szczesny. Initially it appeared that Mark Halsey had been gulled into giving a penalty but replays vindicated the referee.

Kuyt took the spot-kick but Szczesny dived to his right to save and then scrambled back to his feet to claw away the Dutchman’s scuffed effort from the rebound.

That was Liverpool’s sixth penalty miss of the season. Kuyt and Suárez both hit the post in the first half which means Liverpool have hit the woodwork 21 times, more than anyone else this season.

Suárez wriggled through four Arsenal defenders but was denied by another superb Szczesny save and, after the break, Martin Kelly could not get his feet coordinated for a tap in. The chances just kept coming.

“We can create chances, we can win penalties so it is about the next bit,” Kenny Dalglish said. “Maybe the next bit is just to be ugly, and get the winning goal. The result is the only disappointing thing there, the performance was outstanding.”

For all their dominance, Liverpool only managed to get four of their 14 efforts on target and when they did score, it came from an Arsenal player.

With Kieran Gibbs overcommitted, Jordan Henderson found space on the right and Stewart Downing sent him galloping away. Henderson’s low cross was sliced into his own net by Laurent Koscielny at the near post, the ball coming off his shin.

Arsenal equalised out of nothing. Bacary Sagna was given far too much time to weigh up his cross and he found Van Persie, who had moved goal-side of Carragher. It was a simple headed finish. He then went into hibernation until stoppage time.

There had been a couple of warning signs for Liverpool as the game drew to a close. Theo Walcott had missed two good chances, flicking a free header into Reina’s hands and then being denied by the Liverpool goalkeeper from Gibbs’ pullback. Van Persie showed how it was done, meeting Song’s pass with a controlled volley – his 31st goal of the season.

With every performance his value to the club increases. His contract expires in 2013 and Arsenal need to negotiate a new deal in the summer.

“We will do anything possible to keep him,” Wenger said. “I cannot say much more. I am proud of how he has gone from the timid boy when he arrived here to being the leader he is today, playing under pressure every game because he knows he has to score goals. He is up there with the best in the world.”

The only downside for Wenger were the injuries sustained by his players, especially that of Mikel Arteta, who was hurt colliding with Henderson off the ball and needed five minutes of treatment on the pitch before being taken to hospital with a neck injury.

“This is the bad news of the day,” Wenger said. “Also Abou Diaby did his hamstring, Yossi Benayoun has a small hamstring problem and Gibbs has a problem. We looked decimated after the game.”

Wenger will again juggle his resources as he seeks to “make the impossible possible” in reversing their 4-0 deficit against Milan on Tuesday.

Still, where there is Van Persie, there is hope.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: March 6, 2012, 10:46:17 am »
They've become tabloid-esque over the last six months, particularly in regard to transfers and big issues. Raphael Honigstein, Sid Lowe and Michael Cox are the only writers worth reading from there at the moment.

Has it totally gone to shit or was it always like this and I wasn't looking hard enough? Cannot take any article they write these days at face value, always have to consider what their angle is, their motivation, their distortion: Usually it's nothing more sinister than riling up fans to comment and hit the webpage I guess, but it's still thoroughly sad. Less journalists these days than massive internet trolls.

Add to your list above Jonathan Wilson, occasionally Barney Ronay (because he's usually taking the piss) and James Richardson. Everyone else is fucking awful. The pits. Shocking garbage. Some of the smug fucking fools they have on Football Extra defy believe. And, as someone said above, then there's Daniel Taylor.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2012, 10:48:45 am by lamonti »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #272 on: March 6, 2012, 10:46:35 am »
It's my favourite paper in general, I just ignore the football stuff.

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #273 on: March 6, 2012, 10:49:10 am »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/29/pepe-reina-race-row-tv-advert?INTCMP=SRCH

I think this was the final straw for me. It even has the "negrito" quote in it. It's gone to shite.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #274 on: March 6, 2012, 11:04:51 am »

me too though as lamonti points out they do have some excellent columnists on the football side as well.

what can you do when it was originally called the manchester evening guardian?

daniel taylor is a bell.

Offline Percito

• Main Stander
« Reply #275 on: March 6, 2012, 11:11:42 am »

I'd rather enjoy that myself, actually. But then, where would all the Oxbridge English Literature graduates go to work? The City is still laying people off faster than Big Andy Carroll downs pints on a Saturday evening...

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: March 6, 2012, 11:19:45 am »

Same here, but I must admit I am saddened at the decline of the football journalism. Used to be first rate. Hope they sack Taylor asap :)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #277 on: March 6, 2012, 12:35:19 pm »
As others have said - great paper - shite football.

It must be embarrassing for the other sections of the Guardian to know their football section resembles something that wouldn't be out of place on a tabloid (David Conn and a couple of others apart)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline RyanBabelsFish

• used2bee1101
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: March 6, 2012, 12:47:34 pm »
They have had ridiculous transfer stories in the last 12 months which anyone with half a brain can see are dross. 40M Inter bid for Gareth Bale? Carroll-Tevez swap?

Stopped reading their articles too. They battered Luis and it was disgusting.

My Tips @ www.inside-bet.com

RH: "You're under pressure as manager of Liverpool if you lose two games at any point in the season and we've already lost, five I think, out of eight, or is it four?"

Offline RyanBabelsFish

• used2bee1101
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: March 6, 2012, 12:48:39 pm »

They will do if the AutoTrader stops bailing them out.
My Tips @ www.inside-bet.com

RH: "You're under pressure as manager of Liverpool if you lose two games at any point in the season and we've already lost, five I think, out of eight, or is it four?"