Author Topic: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches  (Read 349400 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches
« Reply #3320 on: April 14, 2011, 06:09:45 am »
Personally I'd like us to pursue much better players than Cahill and Albrighton  if we want to seriously contend for top honors next year.

Cahill is a decent option but being English we may have to pay the significant premium (apparently Bolton is expecting 20m..) to acquire him and on that basis we may be able to potentially get Subotic or Albiol for the same money or less.

Albrighton is young and upcoming talent but is not even Villa's first choice (I know tough when you already have 2 wingers in the first team but still..) and I'm not convinced that he would provide an instant impact, which we would need nor I think Villa would sell.

If you want the similar type of player like Alrbrightton, Marko Marin imo would be a better choice but I hope we can bring better than either of them

Albiol is shite. Wouldn't want him anywhere near our squad. Subotic looks a good player though, but then again it'd still be a risk as he's never played in England before.

Marko Marin is more of a 'in the hole' type player. Whereas Albrighton is a winger, which is something we desperately need.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 06:11:28 am by Mr Rossi »

Offline mr_grande

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3321 on: April 14, 2011, 06:30:50 am »
I think we'd be better off keeping hold of Agger, Skrtel, Carragher for one more year and hope for a solid season from those three. In addition to that start to mould Wilson as a ball playing CB. Ayala can be introduced into the side as well. From what has been reported, it seems he's been a man mountain in defence for the clubs he's been on loan to. Obviously if need be Kelly can play CB too.
Wish we hadn't sold San Jose.
In midfield we already have decent options and could do with some more just for the small sake of being more than just decent. The addition of Adam would be welcome at a lower price than 35m... Holloway the dirty bastard can't fleece us no more; Purslow's left you orange tie wearing mushroom.
Wide areas need improvement and the additions we'll make there are anyone's guess. Names being thrown about Young, Hazard, Marveaux, Jarvis, Albrighton(? recently), Lennon (all of a sudden after he claimed he wasn't ill...) Kranjcar (confused position piece of shit... nah, jk, he's better than our Lord Fraud Giggs) and just for the sake of it Bentley O-o
Striker department, I don't want Wickham. His reputation is growing because he is playing regularly in a system that suits and is scoring some decent goals. But his chances here would be limited. and therefore may even hamper his development and I would much rather we bide our time with N'gog and bring N'goo through.
And I don't even know what should be done with the Left Back position, seems its a curse. Wouldn't mind Wendt on a free (i think) and Enrique...

Too many of you are more concerned with point scoring than what's best for the team

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3322 on: April 14, 2011, 07:13:07 am »
i'm apparently an itk and i say we're going for podolski. best believe me. :P

Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #3323 on: April 14, 2011, 07:20:17 am »
Cahill is nowhere good enough in terms of ball playing ability in my opinion and is quite overrated , as good a player he is. We should be aiming for better(technically). As many have said before , the foundation of a good passing side is a defence that is comfortable on the ball and has decent ball playing ability.

Vertonghen is very good on the ball but I am not convinced by him defensively.

In any case , CB is not a priority, we have  a multitude of options there.

What we need is a winger or two and a good LB.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #3324 on: April 14, 2011, 07:32:37 am »
i'm apparently an itk and i say we're going for podolski. best believe me. :P

what.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3327 on: April 14, 2011, 07:42:20 am »

What he's trying to say is:

"Én látszólag egy ITK, és azt mondom, mi lesz a Podolski. a legjobb hidd el."

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3328 on: April 14, 2011, 07:44:01 am »
What he's trying to say is:

"Én látszólag egy ITK, és azt mondom, mi lesz a Podolski. a legjobb hidd el."

Thank you, sir.

Muhammad Ali

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3329 on: April 14, 2011, 07:44:19 am »
I think we'd be better off keeping hold of Agger, Skrtel, Carragher for one more year and hope for a solid season from those three.

Too risky for me. We need a solid defines next season and Agger is unreliable. I am not saying get rid of any of them, but we need a decent starting CB imo.
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3330 on: April 14, 2011, 07:51:59 am »

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3331 on: April 14, 2011, 07:53:42 am »
:lmao

You're really ITK?

I want to say yes.  :-X But no, I'm not.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3333 on: April 14, 2011, 07:56:07 am »
:) :) :)

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3334 on: April 14, 2011, 07:57:48 am »

You have no discipline at all, coming in here and lie.  :no

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3335 on: April 14, 2011, 08:02:04 am »
You have no discipline at all, coming in here and lie.  :no

Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to move away from the computer.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3336 on: April 14, 2011, 08:12:00 am »
Cahill is nowhere good enough in terms of ball playing ability in my opinion and is quite overrated , as good a player he is. We should be aiming for better(technically). As many have said before , the foundation of a good passing side is a defence that is comfortable on the ball and has decent ball playing ability.
You think so? Cahill isn't one who'll bring the ball forward and drive at goal like Agger do at times, but I'd say he's quite composed and calm on the ball, and he doesn't dwell on it. I'm sure there are even better options around Europe, but he's better than any of our CBs on the ball, bar Agger of course. Add stronger in the air than everyone except Kyrgiakos, and pace comparable to Skrtel. Think he'd be a clear first choice player for us, but that, sadly, doesn't tell much.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3337 on: April 14, 2011, 08:20:17 am »
You think so? Cahill isn't one who'll bring the ball forward and drive at goal like Agger do at times, but I'd say he's quite composed and calm on the ball, and he doesn't dwell on it. I'm sure there are even better options around Europe, but he's better than any of our CBs on the ball, bar Agger of course. Add stronger in the air than everyone except Kyrgiakos, and pace comparable to Skrtel. Think he'd be a clear first choice player for us, but that, sadly, doesn't tell much.

Sorry mate , I don't believe Cahill is anywhere near Skrtel as far as his ball playing ability is concerned.  Skrtel's composure on the ball and passing ability are seriously underrated by our own fans.

Cahill is better than Skrtel in the air and is possibly slightly more consistent but Skrtel beats him in pace and ability on the ball comfortably. In a aggressive pressing side playing a high defensive line , Skrtel is an absolute monster.

That is why I say CB is not a priority for us, although Agger's inability to stay fit for extended periods is a concern. But we have youngsters coming through as many have pointed out and I believe they are good enough to fill in when required.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline Mackan

• Main Stander
« Reply #3338 on: April 14, 2011, 08:34:23 am »
Sorry mate , I don't believe Cahill is anywhere near Skrtel as far as his ball playing ability is concerned.  Skrtel's composure on the ball and passing ability are seriously underrated by our own fans.

Cahill is better than Skrtel in the air and is possibly slightly more consistent but Skrtel beats him in pace and ability on the ball comfortably. In a aggressive pressing side playing a high defensive line , Skrtel is an absolute monster.

Offline MassDriver

• Legacy Fan

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan

Muhammad Ali

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3341 on: April 14, 2011, 08:41:47 am »
Wrong w. what he said?
The response was funny though.

Offline Mackan

• Main Stander
« Reply #3342 on: April 14, 2011, 08:42:30 am »

Offline Roger Federer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3343 on: April 14, 2011, 08:43:06 am »

That is why I say CB is not a priority for us, although Agger's inability to stay fit for extended periods is a concern. But we have youngsters coming through as many have pointed out and I believe they are good enough to fill in when required.
I have obviously not seen as much of Cahill as I have of Skrtel, but I just can't agree here. Cahill lacks nothing that Skrtel's got, could be pace, but they're very similar in that regard .

CB is clearly a priority in my opinion (we also must let go of one or two of those we have as we have so many, yet none at the level we need), if Cahill is the one we should buy is another matter. Think he's one of the best in this league though, and I'd play him every game if I were Capello.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3344 on: April 14, 2011, 08:45:07 am »
Everything

You probably want Lucas/Kuyt gone too right?  ::)

Muhammad Ali

Offline MassDriver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3345 on: April 14, 2011, 08:45:34 am »
Everything

Lets hear it Sacchi , pray , why do you think the Cahill is better than Skrtel in the  aspects I mentioned in my post , o wise one?

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3346 on: April 14, 2011, 08:46:50 am »
I don't think Robben is to happy at Bayern, let's make a bid for him. :)

Offline MassDriver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3347 on: April 14, 2011, 08:49:00 am »
I have obviously not seen as much of Cahill as I have of Skrtel, but I just can't agree here. Cahill lacks nothing that Skrtel's got, could be pace, but they're very similar in that regard .

CB is clearly a priority in my opinion (we also must let go of one or two of those we have as we have so many, yet none at the level we need), if Cahill is the one we should buy is another matter. Think he's one of the best in this league though, and I'd play him every game if I were Capello.

We clearly have a schism in how we rate the relative merits of Skrtel and Cahill so let's leave it at that. Suffice to say , I don't believe Cahill is the right solution for Lfc both in terms of quality and playing style.

Also disagree that our options are not good enough. Skrtel , Carra , Agger when fit , Wilson , Kelly and Ayala , we are relatively covered in this area.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3348 on: April 14, 2011, 08:49:03 am »
I don't think Robben is to happy at Bayern, let's make a bid for him. :)

He wants CL football mate. He'd cost a lot too.  :'(

Also injury prone and dives more than Ronaldo.  ???

Muhammad Ali

Offline theparrot

• Kopite
« Reply #3349 on: April 14, 2011, 08:49:39 am »
Anyone read the Times article that says we are after Wickham. I haven't got a subscription so if anyone has........... :thumbup

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3350 on: April 14, 2011, 08:50:52 am »
He wants CL football mate. He'd cost a lot too.  :'(

Also injury prone and dives more than Ronaldo.  ???

But he's better than any winger ... period.

Also, it's true, he might leave Bayern if they don't qualify for the Champions League. But he should come to Liverpool. Help us qualify, win it, and be a fucking idol.  :D

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3351 on: April 14, 2011, 08:52:30 am »

Wow what a load of shit. Sorry mate but I suggest from now until the end of the season you do yourself a favour a just keep your eye on Skrtel - watch him movement, how he carries the ball out and how far, how good his heading is, if he creates etc and do the same with Cahill.

And then lets have this discussion. As at this moment I am sorry at this moment I don't think you your ready to talk about either Skrtel or Cahill as you don't know their  game.

Speak soon.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3352 on: April 14, 2011, 08:56:20 am »
Probably bullshit, but still, not a bad choice for cb if it comes to fruition

Always find it strange that they only ever mention the English lads. Erm, Pacheco and Suso?

It is the ENGLISH PL.. The football is played in ENGLAND.. So maybe I have left you a few clues why.

Also ENGLAND national team is rubbish so its about hope for the future.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan

Offline Roger Federer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3354 on: April 14, 2011, 08:58:02 am »
Also disagree that our options are not good enough. Skrtel , Carra , Agger when fit , Wilson , Kelly and Ayala , we are relatively covered in this area.
We are covered in terms of numbers, but without a new CB, our most likely central pairing next season is going to be Carragher - Skrtel (assuming Agger is out half the time, as he usually is). Sure, Skrtel's has played better under Kenny, but that is not a strong partnership. It hasn't been since the start of the 08/09 season, and both players have played considerably worse since then.

Unless Kelly (Wilson or Ayala) can step up, keep fit, and realise his potential right away, we're going to be in the shit next season too. Our central defence is nothing special, and we need a new, quite experienced player to build around. Is that player Cahill? Not sure, even if I rate him far higher than you do, but we do need someone to lead our defence in the coming 3-4 seasons.

Offline MassDriver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3355 on: April 14, 2011, 09:00:06 am »
Wow what a load of shit. Sorry mate but I suggest from now until the end of the season you do yourself a favour a just keep your eye on Skrtel - watch him movement, how he carries the ball out and how far, how good his heading is, if he creates etc and do the same with Cahill.

And then lets have this discussion. As at this moment I am sorry at this moment I don't think you your ready to talk about either Skrtel or Cahill as you don't know their  game.

Speak soon.

What a load of shite.

I can't keep repeating the same stuff over and over again you ass, Cahill is better than Skrtel only in heading ability and maybe more consistent. He plays for a fucking midtable team playing a style of football far detached from what we expect at LFC while Skrtel has played in the little competition going by the silly moniker of UEFA champions league and has racked up about 100 appearances for a team of Liverpool's stature.

I wonder what issues you have with most of our players , Lucas , Skrtel and fuck knows how many others. Moan , moan ,whinge , moan , whinge..

You must be really desperate if you are quoting Fordy to make a point now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:02:12 am by MassDriver »

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3356 on: April 14, 2011, 09:03:39 am »
Gents, easy there. In my opinion its not even close - Cahill is much better than Skrtel in every aspect other than perhaps pace. However if you want the next dominant Vidic type defender then Sakho is your man. He can also play left back so isn't bad with the ball...but Sakho is an animal. In fact him and Wisdom at CB would be scary for any forward...pace and power.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3357 on: April 14, 2011, 09:10:45 am »
Supposedly Arsenal are also interested in Sakho. I think Maddock just looks at the nationality of Comolli and Wenger and then does a quick google on up and coming French stars et voila, a story for a flat Thursday.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3358 on: April 14, 2011, 09:13:06 am »
What a load of shite.

I can't keep repeating the same stuff over and over again you ass, Cahill is better than Skrtel only in heading ability and maybe more consistent. He plays for a fucking midtable team playing a style of football far detached from what we expect at LFC while Skrtel has played in the little competition going by the silly moniker of UEFA champions league and has racked up about 100 appearances for a team of Liverpool's stature.

I wonder what issues you have with most of our players , Lucas , Skrtel and fuck knows how many others. Moan , moan ,whinge , moan , whinge..
You must be really desperate if you are quoting Fordy to make a point now.

Just cause a player currently plays for a midtable or below team doesn't mean they're not any good in fact with us, Arsenal and City after Cahill I think it says that they is something about this player that big teams like as they want to sign him. Now if we put Skrtel on the market tomorrow I doubt Arsenal or City would come calling do you?

Now if your happy with the Carra - Skrtel partnership then fine but I think it's bloody shit myself. It offers Lucas and our midfield nothing.

As a team/Squad we count on Agger way too much and signing a player like Cahill then takes the pressure of Agger and we don't have to rush him back when he is injured.

If you really think Skrtel is a ball carrying CB then I am sorry you haven't got a clue. Wilson is a better at carrying the ball than Skrtel in fact Wisdom is also.

You say moan, moan, moan but the fact is we finished 7th last year and more than likely 6th this-certain 1st teamers have to go and be replaced with better and for me Skrtel should be replaced.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:32:07 am by Fordy »

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3359 on: April 14, 2011, 09:13:18 am »
Supposedly Arsenal are also interested in Sakho. I think Maddock just looks at the nationality of Comolli and Wenger and then does a quick google on up and coming French stars et voila, a story for a flat Thursday.
Never liked much of his work. They were fun but far too personal.