Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2771323 times)

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #68160 on: May 12, 2023, 11:32:08 am »
Kudos to the Titans for their brilliant schedule releases video
https://twitter.com/Titans/status/1656827454118412289?t=3JEK6uZvDbQ641HgdnADfQ&s=19

They got....1 right?   :D
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #68161 on: May 12, 2023, 01:51:16 pm »
Brady is apparently in talks to buy a stake in the Raiders   :o

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #68162 on: May 12, 2023, 01:55:56 pm »
Chester Cheetos. :D

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #68164 on: May 12, 2023, 10:07:56 pm »
#Sausages

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68165 on: May 12, 2023, 10:11:49 pm »
That chargers one again needs some still images taken from it because so much will get missed. 

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68166 on: May 13, 2023, 01:04:51 am »
That chargers one again needs some still images taken from it because so much will get missed.
I highly suggest scanning the qr code in and saying ur a raiders fan.

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68167 on: May 13, 2023, 02:12:06 am »
I highly suggest scanning the qr code in and saying ur a raiders fan.
Bastards, it told me to get a job!  :no ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #68168 on: May 13, 2023, 08:41:15 am »
A group led by Josh Harris, the co-owner of the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers and NHL's New Jersey Devils, reached an agreement to buy the Washington Commanders from owners Dan and Tanya Snyder, the sides announced Friday.

The group agreed to pay a record $6.05 billion for the team, sources told ESPN. The previous record sale for a sports franchise had been set in August, when a group led by Walmart heir Rob Walton bought the Denver Broncos for $4.65 billion.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37618587/group-led-josh-harris-finalizes-deal-buy-commanders
#Sausages

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68169 on: May 13, 2023, 08:51:53 am »
good for the commies.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #68170 on: May 13, 2023, 08:53:44 am »
If I’d just spent that much on the Washington franchise I’d be changing the name again.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68171 on: May 13, 2023, 09:01:49 am »
reportedly snyder's still trying to stop all the details coming out in that report done into the team. a bellend until the end.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68172 on: May 13, 2023, 09:07:00 am »
if that's in reply to me, it's the lack of diversity nothing to do with the team/team's quality - plus chiefs aren't coming over btw (our two posts were about London).

they're always one of the six teams already, and that's too much as it is. but now they're two out of the six teams.

Ah I see thanks for clarification.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68173 on: May 13, 2023, 11:36:26 am »
Ah I see thanks for clarification.
All good mate, I wasn't clear. Because I'm a sad act, I also think it's a bit off that the Jags play in London back to back, having a travel/acclimatisation advantage over the others (on top of the advantage of going every year)

A group led by Josh Harris, the co-owner of the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers and NHL's New Jersey Devils, reached an agreement to buy the Washington Commanders from owners Dan and Tanya Snyder, the sides announced Friday.

The group agreed to pay a record $6.05 billion for the team, sources told ESPN. The previous record sale for a sports franchise had been set in August, when a group led by Walmart heir Rob Walton bought the Denver Broncos for $4.65 billion.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37618587/group-led-josh-harris-finalizes-deal-buy-commanders
when you see the billions the Commies go for, it starts to make sense of all the US owners trying to collude to turn football into a closed shop - they all want a taste

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68174 on: May 13, 2023, 11:54:49 am »
All good mate, I wasn't clear. Because I'm a sad act, I also think it's a bit off that the Jags play in London back to back, having a travel/acclimatisation advantage over the others (on top of the advantage of going every year)

I don't think it is terrible for a team to do one every year, their owner recognised the potential benefits early on, while others still aren't keen even now, but they definitely shouldn't be playing two games over here in a season.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68175 on: May 13, 2023, 12:16:09 pm »

I vaguely remember seeing some stats about the wins/losses in london games and I think it's pretty even between teams who come over for the week and others that show up on the friday. so I don't think there's much in it.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68176 on: May 13, 2023, 12:18:59 pm »
I vaguely remember seeing some stats about the wins/losses in london games and I think it's pretty even between teams who come over for the week and others that show up on the friday. so I don't think there's much in it.
Probably. I'm no doubt being too anal.

Having said that, I don't think any team has had two weekends of games back to back (got to assume that's better prep, for the second game, than anyone has had before)

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68177 on: May 13, 2023, 12:30:14 pm »
Probably. I'm no doubt being too anal.

Having said that, I don't think any team has had two weekends of games back to back (got to assume that's better prep, for the second game, than anyone has had before)

potentially. it'll take some years of it happening before anyone will be really able to say either way though.

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68178 on: May 19, 2023, 09:58:15 pm »
Wow, Jim Brown passed away, RIP.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68179 on: May 19, 2023, 10:29:35 pm »
87 is good going mind

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68180 on: May 19, 2023, 10:40:26 pm »
He was before my time, but such a gigantic presence, so many accomplishments both at college and pro levels.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #68181 on: May 19, 2023, 10:54:19 pm »
I'm far too young to remember Jim Brown as a player, but remember him from some of the movies he appeared in,  played Jefferson in the Dirty Dozen movie, retired from football when Brown was at his peak after then Browns owner Art Modell gave him a choice, either football ot acting, & Brown chose acting instead

Rip
#Sausages

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68182 on: May 26, 2023, 06:47:13 pm »

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68183 on: May 26, 2023, 06:49:22 pm »
eating all the dead money this year too.

I'm not 100% sure I really get that one.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68184 on: May 26, 2023, 06:55:23 pm »
eating all the dead money this year too.

I'm not 100% sure I really get that one.
Why they going bad. Eat the cap hit this year and have more cap space next year.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68185 on: May 26, 2023, 07:19:32 pm »
Why they going bad. Eat the cap hit this year and have more cap space next year.

No I get that bit. I should have put those lines the other way around.

I don't really get getting rid of him in the first place. If they got any kind of trade offer in the past few months they fucked up. If they didn't, well they're definitely not that hard up that they couldn't afford to keep him for the year.

Bidwill will probably say something about not wanting to lose at some point too the lying c*nt.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #68186 on: May 26, 2023, 08:11:22 pm »
Seems like the Cards are in rebuild mode, Hopkins doesn't want to be a part of it, & wants to go to a team that's a contender, sounds like their is no takers on what trade offers the Cards were asking for Hopkins, so release him how taking a hit on the cap, & have cap space next year
#Sausages

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68187 on: May 26, 2023, 09:37:07 pm »
Bit of talk of him going to the eagles. Would he start ahead of Smith or Brown? Or would it be more rotational?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68188 on: May 26, 2023, 09:57:30 pm »
No I get that bit. I should have put those lines the other way around.

I don't really get getting rid of him in the first place. If they got any kind of trade offer in the past few months they fucked up. If they didn't, well they're definitely not that hard up that they couldn't afford to keep him for the year.

Bidwill will probably say something about not wanting to lose at some point too the lying c*nt.
He wants go win and that doesnt line up with the Cards right now.
the salary was in issue with the trade it seemed like

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68189 on: May 26, 2023, 11:00:40 pm »
oh and all these "THANKS PLAYER WE'VE JUST THROWN ON THE STREET!!" social media things are always laughable.

you've just cut the player, it looks like you're taking the piss.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #68190 on: May 27, 2023, 01:57:24 am »
New kickoff rule introduced, a few not happy with

On kickoffs, a fair catch made at or behind the 25 yard line will be awarded at the 25 yard line
#Sausages

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #68191 on: June 22, 2023, 12:02:25 pm »
In the queue for NFL tickets and there are 110,753 people ahead of me....... can't believe the amount of demand.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68192 on: June 22, 2023, 12:03:58 pm »
it's the same every year, they don't hang about.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68193 on: June 22, 2023, 12:19:10 pm »
In the queue for NFL tickets and there are 110,753 people ahead of me....... can't believe the amount of demand.
Thats not the london ones is it mate?

Good luck!

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #68194 on: June 22, 2023, 12:28:44 pm »
Thats not the london ones is it mate?

Good luck!

London games mate yeah - looking unlikely

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68195 on: June 22, 2023, 01:06:36 pm »
more of the usual shite https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/1671848684458242051

it doesn't affect me this year but the "experience" does seem to get worse as the years go by.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68196 on: June 22, 2023, 02:41:11 pm »
I tried to get tickets for the Munich game last summer. Four of us sat on different devices. My wife came closest, she only had about 200.000 people in front of her in the queue. There was no captcha last year.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #68197 on: June 22, 2023, 02:46:50 pm »
more of the usual shite https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/1671848684458242051

it doesn't affect me this year but the "experience" does seem to get worse as the years go by.

Pathetic statement.

They just "noticed"?  It was just as horrific last year for packers/giants.  I didn't bother trying this year after last years debacle. Quick look on Viagogo 5 mins after the sale started and Cat 7 tickets were on sale for £200 already.

I would have thought its against the terms and conditions of purchasing the tickets (and if not it should be) so they could cancel touted tickets (these sites have the seat details on them), but what do NFL UK care? They've got their money, so a pitiful tweet about not using unofficial sites will suffice.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68198 on: June 22, 2023, 03:46:49 pm »
The nfl don't care who the tickets sell to as long as they sell and the secondary market is an accepted thing in the US so they probably don't see what the big deal is about using it. Add the fact that ticketmaster basically double dip on fees for tickets resold through them and there's no appetite to change things.

That's my view on it anyway. Glad I've not had to bother this year

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68199 on: June 22, 2023, 04:16:26 pm »
All they care about is demand. If the demand gets higher its more games for NFL UK & more money for the UK division. A mate of mine had 620k people infront of him, that's insane.

Saying that i managed to get three tickets for the Titans Ravens game