Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2771880 times)

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #68080 on: April 28, 2023, 02:22:54 am »
I think that's a good spot for carter if there are 'character issues' there.

Half of these kids getting their names called today will be mediocre at best anyway.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #68081 on: April 28, 2023, 02:24:45 am »
Interesting draft policy by the Eagles, going for the best defensive player in the draft. Maybe other teams should try that.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68082 on: April 28, 2023, 02:26:34 am »
Delighted to get one of the best players in it. Eagles need to get his head in the right place because it’s clear the fella isn’t doing well.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68083 on: April 28, 2023, 02:28:25 am »
Give me Gibbs at 30 or more likely trade back and still get a rb

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68084 on: April 28, 2023, 02:28:56 am »
Bears predicted to get a tackle and they get a tackle.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68085 on: April 28, 2023, 02:36:43 am »
Lions have a fun young talented team and can add a lot this draft.  Let's see.
King Kenny.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68086 on: April 28, 2023, 02:38:02 am »
Soo...... I will not be keeping Deandre Swift in the RAWK Flea Flicker league lol.
King Kenny.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #68087 on: April 28, 2023, 02:38:10 am »
Who had 2 rbs in the top 12, bonkers

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68088 on: April 28, 2023, 02:38:12 am »
Not a good draft for the "don't take a RB in round 1" crew

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68089 on: April 28, 2023, 02:38:32 am »
Not a good draft for the "don't take a RB in round 1" crew
It still terrible value. He good but lol

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68090 on: April 28, 2023, 02:40:48 am »
I guess the Lions with their multitude of picks would rather the talent they want than care much about value.

Fair enough, but they've got other holes to fill.

And I forgot they got Montgomery too.  What's the point?
King Kenny.

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68091 on: April 28, 2023, 02:41:11 am »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #68092 on: April 28, 2023, 02:41:19 am »
Most of the Lions fans I know are pissed with that pick. I assumed it would be Gonzalez

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68093 on: April 28, 2023, 02:42:01 am »
I guess the Lions with their multitude of picks would rather the talent they want than care much about value.

Fair enough, but they've got other holes to fill.

And I forgot they got Montgomery too.  What's the point?

Goff is going to throw 4 paases per game?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68094 on: April 28, 2023, 02:53:35 am »
Ne trading his pick to screw the jets out of getting an OT. Jets Revenge is still there

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #68095 on: April 28, 2023, 04:17:02 am »
Bills trading up to take the top TE off the board, that the Cowboys were lining up, so Cowboys take DT instead with their pick.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 04:21:16 am by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68096 on: April 28, 2023, 04:35:40 am »
Damn was hoping we wouldn’t get the usual run on the top receivers this year and one of them would fall to the Colts at the start of the second.

Just been Hyatt is still available. Yes please!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 04:43:45 am by Rosario »

Online jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68097 on: April 28, 2023, 04:54:04 am »
As an eagles fan, I wanted Bijan, purely for how ridiculous our offence would have been. But to pick up Carter at 9 and Smith at 30 is just fuckin outrageous. Many had us taking Smith at 10. What a fantastic first round. 🤯

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68098 on: April 28, 2023, 04:57:56 am »
Eagles rebuilding that DL which so much young talent in the last two drafts is pretty insane. Now let’s them concentrate on that OL over the next couple of years.

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68099 on: April 28, 2023, 05:02:59 am »
As an eagles fan, I wanted Bijan, purely for how ridiculous our offence would have been. But to pick up Carter at 9 and Smith at 30 is just fuckin outrageous. Many had us taking Smith at 10. What a fantastic first round. 🤯
Yeah I wanted Robinson myself but this sounds very good. Surprised him and gibbs went so early.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68100 on: April 28, 2023, 05:13:05 am »
Eagles rebuilding that DL which so much young talent in the last two drafts is pretty insane. Now let’s them concentrate on that OL over the next couple of years.
They really only need a Guard and RT at some point.
They have Kelce replacement already on the team.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68101 on: April 28, 2023, 05:19:27 am »
Bears predicted to get a tackle and they get a tackle.

Nice little bonus of an extra pick without losing out on a player they wanted, although I do wonder who they would have gone for if both Johnson and Wright were still there for their pick. Luckily, they avoided Skoronski as they need an OT and not an OT who will probably have to move inside to Guard.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68102 on: April 28, 2023, 05:24:01 am »
i swear it used to be 3mins on the clock? has it changed this year? fml

It varies from round to round, reducing from ten minutes in round 1 to seven minutes to make picks in the second round, five minutes for regular or compensatory picks in rounds 3-6 and four minutes in round 7.

While a little annoying, besides the higher interest in the first couple of rounds, there's probably a higher chance of trades happening too and those will eat into the time after all.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68103 on: April 28, 2023, 05:52:36 am »
They really only need a Guard and RT at some point.
They have Kelce replacement already on the team.

Oh true I forgot about them getting Kelce’s replacement in already. Even better for them done a hell of a job of keeping the trenches the strong point of that team.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68104 on: April 28, 2023, 05:56:51 am »
Oh true I forgot about them getting Kelce’s replacement in already. Even better for them done a hell of a job of keeping the trenches the strong point of that team.
Yea Jurgens probably starts at rg this year but moves to center whenever Kelce hangs it up. Dickerson played Center at Bama too irc but he not long term center

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #68105 on: April 28, 2023, 08:02:47 am »
Feels like Philly, Seattle and Baltimore had a good 1st day in the draft.

The Eagles pick up 2 of the best defensive prospects in the draft. Smith and Carter, along with Jordan Davis, provide the Eagles with some really good prospects on the DL. All from Georgia as well so may have some chemistry from college days.

The Seahawks getting Smith-Njigba adds to the WR group of DK Metcalf and, the massively under rated, Tyler Lockett. That's a very good group of WRs. Add in Noah Fant  at TE and Kenneth Walker at RB and they have a good set of players at the offensive skill positions. On top of that that probably get the best DB prospects in the draft in Devon Witherspoon. Him and Tariq Woolen will be a good combo.

Ravens might be the biggest winners yesterday. If the Jackson deal is confirmed then that's big news for them. Adding Zay Flowers at WR to go with Odell and Duvernay gives them some juice at WR that they haven't had in a while. Mark Andrews ability as a pass catching TE adds to this and if JK Dobbins can stay healthy they look in decent shape.

Also like Gonzalez at 17 for the Patriots. Feels like a player that fell into their lap.

I thought the Detroit Lions had a really good free agency, addressing their needs at cornerback, I don't get them drafting a RB and LB with their 2 picks in the Top 20. Unless they are absolute home run selections, then I wouldn't value using high end picks on these positions. You have to be very secure in the rest of your roster to make these picks. Especially running back. You are committing to playing high end wages for the position in the latter stages of the rookie deal.

On to Day 2, still some good prospects on the board.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68106 on: April 28, 2023, 08:13:16 am »
Feels like Philly, Seattle and Baltimore had a good 1st day in the draft.

The Eagles pick up 2 of the best defensive prospects in the draft. Smith and Carter, along with Jordan Davis, provide the Eagles with some really good prospects on the DL. All from Georgia as well so may have some chemistry from college days.

The Seahawks getting Smith-Njigba adds to the WR group of DK Metcalf and, the massively under rated, Tyler Lockett. That's a very good group of WRs. Add in Noah Fant  at TE and Kenneth Walker at RB and they have a good set of players at the offensive skill positions. On top of that that probably get the best DB prospects in the draft in Devon Witherspoon. Him and Tariq Woolen will be a good combo.

Ravens might be the biggest winners yesterday. If the Jackson deal is confirmed then that's big news for them. Adding Zay Flowers at WR to go with Odell and Duvernay gives them some juice at WR that they haven't had in a while. Mark Andrews ability as a pass catching TE adds to this and if JK Dobbins can stay healthy they look in decent shape.

Also like Gonzalez at 17 for the Patriots. Feels like a player that fell into their lap.

I thought the Detroit Lions had a really good free agency, addressing their needs at cornerback, I don't get them drafting a RB and LB with their 2 picks in the Top 20. Unless they are absolute home run selections, then I wouldn't value using high end picks on these positions. You have to be very secure in the rest of your roster to make these picks. Especially running back. You are committing to playing high end wages for the position in the latter stages of the rookie deal.

On to Day 2, still some good prospects on the board.
Ravens also Have Bateman and Likely.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68107 on: April 28, 2023, 08:40:16 am »
Ravens also Have Bateman and Likely.

Bateman is a bit of an unknown and didn't show much as a rookie. He's a 1st Rd pick in 2022 so he could make a leap in 2023. I think the Ravens going to Odell and another 1st Rd WR says a lot about how they voew their current WRs (including Agholor, Bateman etc..).

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #68108 on: April 28, 2023, 09:33:19 am »
1am start and will go for around 4 hours..

Yeah I jibbed it off. 🤣
In the past I’d have stayed up to watch the first few picks at least but with a 2 year old who wakes up at 6:30 every morning it wasn’t worth the pain.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68109 on: April 28, 2023, 01:23:14 pm »
Looking at the second round, that Claypool trade really stings for the Bears right now.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68110 on: April 28, 2023, 01:46:03 pm »
Looking at the second round, that Claypool trade really stings for the Bears right now.

Maybe a little bit, but he could easily end up like a January signing in the PL, he's settled in now and can push on in the new season, while a summer signing won't have had that time and it is not like they don't have 3 more picks before what would usually be end of the 2nd round as well.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #68111 on: April 28, 2023, 01:53:10 pm »

does it though?

sure they could take another receiver with it and they might be better than claypool or they might be a bag of shit and flame out after 1 year. you never know.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68112 on: April 28, 2023, 06:52:05 pm »
does it though?

sure they could take another receiver with it and they might be better than claypool or they might be a bag of shit and flame out after 1 year. you never know.
It just basically from a contract way they basically traded pick wise a 1st rounder for a guy they might have for a year and half.
They have pay him in the offseason

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68113 on: April 28, 2023, 06:53:32 pm »
Bateman is a bit of an unknown and didn't show much as a rookie. He's a 1st Rd pick in 2022 so he could make a leap in 2023. I think the Ravens going to Odell and another 1st Rd WR says a lot about how they voew their current WRs (including Agholor, Bateman etc..).
Yea he was Hurt a bunch they like him but yea getting more Wrs is not a bad.
Agholor might get cut. Also helps to have an OC who can scheme up well in the passing game in Monken.
I think Flowers is more of a Slot guy then outside guy.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #68114 on: April 28, 2023, 09:23:10 pm »
i feel like will levis comes across really badly. personality wise he just seems a bit of a twat. sounds harsh but just my impression of him. not surprised he has dropped.

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68115 on: April 28, 2023, 09:50:39 pm »
Happy I was in here defending Jalen Carter before he fell to the eagles, thought he’d be gone before 9. Hopefully he can fulfil his potential.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68116 on: April 29, 2023, 07:53:05 pm »
I have no idea what to think of Richardson, worried about his accuracy but he's certainly a beast physically. Really happy with the rest of our draft so far too.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68117 on: May 2, 2023, 09:02:50 am »
Always difficult to judge the draft before you've seen the players in your team's system. However. overall it's hard to see how the Eagles haven't improved considerably since before the draft. Compared to last season? That's still an unknown.

I think the Steelers had a good draft (on paper) also. I commented on the Lions Day 1 picks as surprising. However, when you look at their entire draft selections it doesn't loom too bad. Hendon Hooker in the 3rd round seems like a really worthy roll of the dice on a QB.

AFC South is an interesting one with 3 of the team potentially having new starting QBs in 2023 - Stroud (Texans), Richardson (Colts), Levis (Titans). Jaguars will be overwhelming favourites but other teams look more exciting.

Think the AFC East looks stacked after this off season as well. All seemed to draft OK as well. AFC North looks strong too.

Hard to judge my own team in particular. No picks until they traded up in the 3rd round means they are picking players I've hardly seen (or taken notice of). Taking a kicker in the 3rd Round in Jake Moody is always going to raise eyebrows but makes some sense in that it's the only starte rposition the 49ers will have wanted to fill. Ji'Ayir Brown was the 3rd safety taken off the board and is probably slated to be a back-up in 2023 and take over Tashon Gipson in 2024. Supposedly the 49ers were really high on edge rusher Robert Beal Jr.

One of the common themes was that they took players with speed. I think that's partly due to the fact they don't think any/many of these players will be starters and most will be challenged to make the 53 man roster.. Also hard to stash 3rd/4th/5th rounders on practice squad. By choosing players with speed you are potentially providing them with a way into the 53 man roster via special teams. Back-up for primary position but contributor on special teams is the way to get in the 53 man roster when you are a mid to higher round pick for a team with a stacked roster.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #68118 on: May 2, 2023, 04:43:04 pm »
Interesting takes on the Cowboys draft, grades anywhere from A to C. I guess we'll see at the end of the season.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #68119 on: May 3, 2023, 01:07:01 pm »
Interesting takes on the Cowboys draft, grades anywhere from A to C. I guess we'll see at the end of the season.

Saw several different takes across the internet. The Dolphins (whose fortunes I follow a bit) rated flat bottom, for obvious reasons, but elsewhere as solid B’s. None of them know anything, of course, and as you said only time will tell.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.