Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 265805 times)

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
It’s about continuing the tradition.

Great to know what we started in 1965 v Inter, is continuing today!
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', Gini 53', 56
« Reply #3161 on: January 17, 2020, 11:57:43 pm »
I'm in bits here - tears streaming down my face.

Love this . . . .

And love this thread . . . so real and still alive.  :thumbup

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
"Son of a mother"  Shakira made me smile.

Thanks for posting that mate.

Think she says «hijo de puta madre»: more like "son of a whore"... (though she said the "puta" quietly so the kids wouldn't hear). A bit harsh in her assessment of Gini there.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 12:25:46 am by Morgana »

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched the highlights, again.

Gets me every single time. I don't think there will ever be such emotional again ever, no matter what we do in the months and years to come.

That night will never be bettered. If it is, I can't wait to see it.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

Gets me every single time. I don't think there will ever be such emotional again ever, no matter what we do in the months and years to come.

Wait a couple of months. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths

I watched the full match yesterday - it's mental! [emoji4]

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched the first half hour of that Barcelona documentary, insanely good...from our perspective at least. Just a mad, mad night. I wonder what would've happened if that Kompany goal hadn't flown in the night before. Did the whole emotion of the night come from knowing that somehow this incredible team looked set to end the season with nothing to show for itself? Because it was wild even in the first minutes, you could hear on the tv they didn't have a clue what to do with the microphones, everyone was up for every single tackle, arms flying everywhere in the stands every time we won the ball back off them, robbo bullying Messi, it was intensity out of this planet. Whatever it was, it was surely the night that Anfield peaked. Those two second half minutes were what makes Anfield, Anfield. Once that second went in, Barcelona left the building. Pure shellshock. Messi is the best player in the world but Virgil should've got the Ballon D'Or purely for the way he stopped him in his tracks on the half way line to ultimately start the move for the third. From a two goal cushion to nothing in 2 short minutes, the poor fuckers didn't have a clue what had hit them ;D

Henderson lying flat out on the floor at the final whistle gets me every time. There's been plenty of times i've doubted him even over the last couple of years but the bloke is the ultimate leader and I won't hear a bad word said about him again. That intensity had to come from the top and it came from him, as it has done throughout this season. All we ever said when we were rubbish for the most part of the 2010s was that we wanted as a minimum a team who would never stop fighting for the shirt. And now we've got it. This team regularly drives itself to the brink for us. There was absolutely no more that any one of them could have given that night in the name of Liverpool. The hungriest set of players I think i've ever seen in my life. What a team, what a night.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
I love Divock celebrating the 4th goal like he'd just scored the 4th goal in routine win over a mid-table team.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
I really don't get the fascination with this thread. We came, we saw and we conquered.

That is what we do.

We have done it on numerous occasions. Barca aren't special so why glorify them.

i couldnt disagree more with the sentment of that statement, tho true factualy to a point

apart from st etienne, i've seen all our great comebacks but this one was by far the best and most 'daunting' imo. Had we not gone on to win the whole thing, it wouldn't resonate the same way, but because we did win it all this became our final - i think most of us expected to beat spurs and the final was crap, football wise, in all honesty. Even before the final i viewed this as our final, as long as we won it all (and the spurs game didn't turn out to be amazing, which i didnt think it would).

And i think a major reason the 'fascination' with this thread continues on way beyond the final whistle of the final is because it's the current team, the current team having an amazing historically important run that is still ploughing on yet not so distant from that amazing night which it's inextricably linked to.

You can rattle off blaise lines concerning that night if you wish, as tho overturning that deficit was ordinary but you know it was anything but ordinary
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Congratulations to Mo and Hendo on the birth of their kids 9 months later  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

I saw Milner tweeted ‘Origi assist’ about Henderson’s news. :D

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
Everybody knows that pregnancy takes about 8 and a half months from conception, right?

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
Am I the only one who didn't watch this match live? 3-0 down, no Salah or Bobby, I just didn't think it could happen. I took my Mrs out for dinner & a movie. Checked the score afterwards and was absolutely elated but at the same time, devastated that I'd missed it. She felt sorry for me though so at least I got laid  :lmao

Am I a terrible fan?

Mate I did worse than that. me and my sister live in Vancouver now and my mum and dad came over for a visit. We did a bit of a roadtrip with them and on the day of the game we were in San Francisco - my mum had booked tickets for all of us to go to Alcatraz that day, but I'd been before so that morning I said im giving it a miss and going to the pub to watch the game. My dad says to me 'What should I do?' and I said 'Honestly, if i hadn't been before I'd probably go to Alcatraz as I can't see us doing it, but its the hope that kills me!' anyway I basically talked my dad into going to Alcatraz and I trotted off to the pub for the game.

I watched it alone in an Irish bar and due to the stress of the game got absolutely hammered before half time. When Wijnaldums goals went in I'm screaming the place down but Im so drunk I've really lost a sense of my surroundings and being a lunchtime in San Francisco it was full of business people trying to have a quiet lunch lol

After the game my sister and my misses who'd both gone to Alcatraz come to find me and when they spoke to the host at the front asking if someone had been watching the footy here the host said to them 'Oh are you coming to take him away?' haha

Anyway they found me at the bar, fuckin bladdered with tears in my eyes and this was about 40 mins after the final whistle at this point. The bar manager came over and bought us all a round of drinks because apparently when Wijnaldums second went in a made such a scene that a load of people who'd just come in for lunch ended up staying longer to see the end of the game that they otherwise had no interest in other than for the one mad lad at the bar!

I wish looking back I'd have asked for the security footage because you know what its like when a goal like that goes in you lose your head for 10-15 seconds and I honestly would love to have just seen the peoples reaction in the pub lol.

Anyway, felt shit for my dad ever since as I basically talked him out of coming with me.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Everybody knows that pregnancy takes about 8 and a half months from conception, right?
Average pregnancy is 38 weeks, or 40 from the date of last period which is what's commonly used to work it out.

This seems very off topic! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Average pregnancy is 38 weeks, or 40 from the date of last period which is what's commonly used to work it out.

Discussion of Mo’s and Hendo’s post-match cool-down...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: February 8, 2020, 09:07:26 pm by In the Name of Klopp »
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Origi with one assist to 2 players, off the pitch. new record :D

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan

Thing is tho that Hendo's sperm takes a good few days going from side to side but you can't fault the stamina.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2020, 09:45:16 pm by Filler. »

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
This thread is special not because of the result, but because of the emotion.

How it felt still resonates...

It’s like no drug you can get....
It was the first time I cried over a match since Wimbledon 88 but my excuse for then was I was a hormonal teenager who thought we were invincible. Last year was so different. A grown man nearing half a century in age weeping at what we had done. I still cant watch it now without welling up. Im sure the majority of us were believers before the game but I think by the end of it we realised we were capable of reaching a level of football only a few teams in history can relate to.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
The stamina of these guys is outstanding. They work hard and play hard. Well hendo did salah didnt play but yeh they know how to celebrate. Do you think hendo laid back and thought of England.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan

Only on rawk can you get in depth knowledge of players and tactics one day and then the next a lesson on gynaecology 😂

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
Origi with one assist to 2 players, off the pitch. new record :D
He always delivers in the big games. I'll get me coat

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
Thing is tho that Hendo's sperm takes a good few days going from side to side but you can't fault the stamina.
And he's great with delivery.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Why the fuck not?  Looking forward to the 2020 edition.  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7mWBaFBb5Ls" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7mWBaFBb5Ls</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-robertson-explains-lionel-messi-17797944

Andy Robertson explains Lionel Messi regret and provides insight on Liverpool’s Sadio Mane decision

“When I look back on things I don’t really regret anything because I feel as if everything is experience that makes you what you are,” he said.

“But I do look back on that moment with Messi as one regret. I don’t like seeing it. When I saw it afterwards I was gutted.

“I have nothing but respect for him and Barcelona, but needed something special and if that little thing stopped the best player in the world playing to his highest potential...

But I do regret it. That’s not me as a person. That’s not my personality. Maybe I went over the line.”

Don't think he needs to regret anything. Nice to see the humility though.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is he talking about the Hair Ruffle?

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It was a nothing in terms of him feeling guilty. 

Suarez on the other hand tried to and successfully injured him in the game.

I wonder does Suarez regret that?!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Nah.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

What Suarez did is irrelevant to how Robertson feels about what he did and how he[Robertson] is as a person. If that's how he feels, that's his right, i don't mind that he did it, but clearly he feels its out of character for him.

Suarez of course regrets fck all, after all he's bitten 2 players in the past and done numerous other things. But that's within his personality on the pitch.

Offline tarkens

• Kemlynite

I think he should considering Gini replaced injured Robbo at HT and scored a brace  ;D

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac

Of course he regrets it, given what Gini did in the second half. :D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is he talking about the Hair Ruffle?

;D

If he's capable of being honest about it, can't we also drop this hilarious tribal white lie it was a hair ruffle

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
Suarez of course regrets fck all, after all he's bitten 2 players in the past and done numerous other things. But that's within his personality on the pitch.

3 players.

Offline Basstard

• Boys Pen
;D

If he's capable of being honest about it, can't we also drop this hilarious tribal white lie it was a hair ruffle

Head slap, hair ruffle more befuddle than kerfuffle!!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 05:10:27 pm by Basstard »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Who is watching this match during lockdown? ;D
#Sausages

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Will be tomorrow! Just re enjoying Dortmund

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Re: CL SF: Liverpool 3 vs Barçelona 0 (3-3) Origi 6', Gini 53', 56
« Reply #3196 on: April 24, 2020, 10:32:36 pm »
Big Divock looks goosed - I'd not be surprised to see him subbed but who?

41 seconds later...

OMFG DIVOCK YOU MAD MAD c*nt

;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Happier days eh?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Listened to the radio five commentary yesterday

Goosebumps still

Heard it so many times now I almost know all the words haha. Reminds me of being a kid and knowing all the commentary on the Liverpool VHS videos

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Listened to the radio five commentary yesterday

Goosebumps still

Heard it so many times now I almost know all the words haha. Reminds me of being a kid and knowing all the commentary on the Liverpool VHS videos
Listening to it again right now. What a night.

Much better times