Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 756896 times)

Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #2880 on: June 12, 2019, 02:36:53 pm »
I completely forgot how good he has been for us

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kHEZ4znXo-k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kHEZ4znXo-k</a>

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2881 on: June 12, 2019, 03:52:06 pm »
Honestly think if we had a fit Ox against West Ham, Leicester, Everton or United we would of won league.
Missed someone like him who will have a shot outside the box / create bursting through middle.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #2882 on: June 13, 2019, 02:21:28 pm »
It sounds ludicrous when you put it like that but getting paid millions to play football is ludicrous anyway. Besides the extra cash is not just from that, we’d hope to get an extra full season out of him too.

Well they only earn for 10 years or so. Remember that out of many thousands of youngsters that play only 1 will make it to Ox levels and then an injury can effectively end all dreams in a second. It seems petty to complain about others wages. People earn what they deserve.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2883 on: June 13, 2019, 02:39:56 pm »
Well they only earn for 10 years or so. Remember that out of many thousands of youngsters that play only 1 will make it to Ox levels and then an injury can effectively end all dreams in a second. It seems petty to complain about others wages. People earn what they deserve.

The first part of your post is spot on but people simply don't earn what they deserve because things don't work like that otherwise Sanchez is one of the best players in world football

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2884 on: June 13, 2019, 02:47:59 pm »
As some have said, will feel like a new signing. Brings a different dynamic to the team. We already know about his popularity off the pitch.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2885 on: June 13, 2019, 02:50:27 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kHEZ4znXo-k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kHEZ4znXo-k</a>
Fucking hell.

Quality player.

Hope he retains his explosive pace. Noticeable how the ball seems to get caught under his feet for a little bit, but he's never out of control.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2886 on: June 13, 2019, 03:28:15 pm »

Fabinho

Ox                 Keita

I would love to see this when all are fit and on form.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2887 on: June 13, 2019, 03:32:49 pm »
The first part of your post is spot on but people simply don't earn what they deserve because things don't work like that otherwise Sanchez is one of the best players in world football

At arsenal he was. He was one of the best in the league. So he earned whatever package he got at Mancs. A different matter he did not fit in.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2888 on: June 13, 2019, 03:33:30 pm »

Fabinho

Ox                 Keita

I can't wait to see this, has the potential to be the best midfield since Alonso Gerrard and Mascherano.

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2889 on: June 13, 2019, 03:40:39 pm »

my goodness had forgotten how good he was actually getting when he got injured.

I feel sure he is going to score a fair few too if he can get back to that kind of level.

Wow. Hope he stays fit. Cracking lad as well.

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2890 on: June 13, 2019, 03:43:58 pm »

I’m not complaining, at the end of the day if you end up in a position where people want to throw money at you then only an idiot would turn that down.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2891 on: June 13, 2019, 06:52:37 pm »
Imagine getting given another 7 million pounds for rehabbing well and hanging out with the lads... what a life

Yeah, make it sound like rehab is a piece of cake why don't you.  Sure he had a great time, sharing a rum and coke with Rhian on the treatment table. ::)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2892 on: June 13, 2019, 09:01:06 pm »
At arsenal he was. He was one of the best in the league. So he earned whatever package he got at Mancs. A different matter he did not fit in.

Again, it simply doesn't work like that. Look how many bang average players have fucked off to China to be paid a fortune

Was Pelle one of the best in the league at Southampton and deserving of the wages in China that made him one the top 10 highest paid players in the entire sport at the time Fuck no he was not

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2893 on: June 13, 2019, 09:48:17 pm »
Let's not derail the thread. As for players in Chinese league, there is a market willing to pay. Personal choice for players. Same goes for anyone in Europe. Would folks relocate just for money? The question is neither China nor Spain here. Players are professionals with a short career. We just need to accept that they are well paid. As in any profession, some like money, some like the city, some go for prestige and power etc. My argument is it's just petty to complain about a player's salary as it is business in the end which decide salaries and as in any professional profile they are competitive for a given industry. Calling them obscene amounts is like cursing luck.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2894 on: June 13, 2019, 09:58:42 pm »
Yeah, make it sound like rehab is a piece of cake why don't you.  Sure he had a great time, sharing a rum and coke with Rhian on the treatment table. ::)

Rehabbed an injury this year myself from medium to low level 5 a side ... got paid nothing while I was out .... or at any other time ... in fact lost 40 quid for unused subs due to injury .... still bitter.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2895 on: June 13, 2019, 10:02:09 pm »
Rehabbed an injury this year myself from medium to low level 5 a side ... got paid nothing while I was out .... or at any other time ... in fact lost 40 quid for unused subs due to injury .... still bitter.

You're not a professional athlete though  ;D It's not your job to rehab an injury.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2896 on: June 13, 2019, 10:04:59 pm »
I've just finished reading The Next Big Thing book.  It tracked 15 players who were touted as future superstars but didn't make it.

One that stood out was Ben Thornley (ex Man U youth winger).  Whether he would have made it at the elite levels or not is anyone's guess but he played his entire career without an ACL after getting smashed by Nicky Marker.  He still eked out 100+ pro games and played until he was 35 but his last 10 years were in non-league and  I doubt he ended his career with any kind of savings.  I was already feeling for the lad then the absolute kicker; his job now is commentator for MUTV.  Imagine having a choice between trying to put a positive slant on Ole's megastars and taking your chances down the job centre.

Anyway, good luck to any footballers.  They should earn it while they can, they've got a long old retirement to pay for.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2897 on: June 13, 2019, 10:05:36 pm »

Fabinho

Ox                 Keita

Always feel like we need a "link" type midfielder like Gini in there but I can imagine us setting up with this three if we're chasing a game or something. Could potentially be devastating.
YNWA.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2898 on: June 13, 2019, 10:07:59 pm »
Always feel like we need a "link" type midfielder like Gini in there but I can imagine us setting up with this three if we're chasing a game or something. Could potentially be devastating.

Keita can be that link. He's played in a double pivot plenty of times in his career, he's not an attacking player alone.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2899 on: June 13, 2019, 10:34:48 pm »

It shows.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2900 on: June 13, 2019, 10:49:05 pm »
You're not a professional athlete though  ;D

Pfft ... still got it though

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2901 on: June 14, 2019, 12:17:45 am »
Let's not derail the thread.
Good advice

As for players in Chinese league, there is a market willing to pay. Personal choice for players. Same goes for anyone in Europe. Would folks relocate just for money? The question is neither China nor Spain here. Players are professionals with a short career. We just need to accept that they are well paid. As in any profession, some like money, some like the city, some go for prestige and power etc. My argument is it's just petty to complain about a player's salary as it is business in the end which decide salaries and as in any professional profile they are competitive for a given industry. Calling them obscene amounts is like cursing luck.
Oh...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2902 on: June 14, 2019, 03:12:07 am »
People earn what they deserve.

That’s probably the most untrue statement I’ve read on Rawk.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2903 on: June 14, 2019, 06:48:18 am »
Keita can be that link. He's played in a double pivot plenty of times in his career, he's not an attacking player alone.

True. Not seen the best of him yet.
YNWA.

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2904 on: June 14, 2019, 07:24:59 am »
Still cant believe we have Oxo.
Always wanted that young English player with flair.
We did miss him  and to be honest still did exceptionaly well without him.

It's so exciting and refreshing to think we still have him.
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2905 on: June 14, 2019, 07:37:26 am »
Will be fascinating to see who gets the final midfield spot out of him in and kieta. I think Ox offers more physicality (pace power) and offers a good set piece delivery whereas kieta perhaps is a better finisher and tackler. Nice problem to have as both can be elite - just hope they don’t become injury prone

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2906 on: June 14, 2019, 07:39:26 am »
Really missing his penetration in the middle and long range shoot.
Believer

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2907 on: June 14, 2019, 08:04:45 am »
Do the club charge to have letters on the back of shirts ? The letters in his extraordinarily long name will make up the wage rise!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #2908 on: June 14, 2019, 08:16:19 am »

My main memory is him driving forward with the ball from midfield, but I forgot how good his close control was and ability to receive the ball and turn in tight spaces. I hope his injury hasn't taken too much of that strength and power away as he seems to brush players off with ease, and could be a key player in dominating the midfield and feeding the front three.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2909 on: June 14, 2019, 11:43:46 am »
Pfft ... still got it though

We won on old people's game last night 4-3. Epic comeback to get us into the playoffs. I hurt my shoulder trying to save an own-goal - now I'm touch and go. I'm looking for workman's compensation.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2910 on: June 14, 2019, 12:10:22 pm »

I didn't realise just how many assists he could've racked up for us had he not been let down by some poor finishing. Reckon he could be a cheap and brilliant option in my Fantasy Football team this year, given that the price of all his team mates will skyrocket ;D

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #2911 on: June 14, 2019, 12:21:37 pm »
Had that offer come before this January, I'd understand it better, but the timing seems a bit off from outside the club. That will raise his spirits, I get it, and we may rely on him in the beginning of the season, but we could have waited a couple of months into the season to make that judgement. I hope it's for the best as he's a good player and a good chap.

Well, it definitely bumps up his re-sale value in case it doesn't work out, given his age and previous CV: lots of desperate clubs out there willing to spend £50 million on anything English with international merits nowadays. If it works out instead then it's very good timing to do it now rather than later. Based on his Huddersfield cameo, his pace still seemed really good at least. So, he clearly has the potential to get back to April 2018 levels if he gets the timing and stamina right. The pace was my biggest concern, since he's always relied quite a bit on being faster and more powerful than his opponents, and now that should be cleared out of the way.

Also, let's keep it real here: had his knee shown Fekir-level problems in the scans they've most definitely done a ton of in the past year, they'd never offered him a new deal this early. So, based on that it should look good  :thumbup Also, even Fekir does well with one working knee, it's not like he didn't play blinders for Lyon since he got back from his original cruciate ligament layoff.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:28:18 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2912 on: June 14, 2019, 12:41:02 pm »
He can hit one...

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2913 on: June 16, 2019, 01:55:54 am »
Well, it definitely bumps up his re-sale value in case it doesn't work out, given his age and previous CV: lots of desperate clubs out there willing to spend £50 million on anything English with international merits nowadays. If it works out instead then it's very good timing to do it now rather than later. Based on his Huddersfield cameo, his pace still seemed really good at least. So, he clearly has the potential to get back to April 2018 levels if he gets the timing and stamina right. The pace was my biggest concern, since he's always relied quite a bit on being faster and more powerful than his opponents, and now that should be cleared out of the way.

Also, let's keep it real here: had his knee shown Fekir-level problems in the scans they've most definitely done a ton of in the past year, they'd never offered him a new deal this early. So, based on that it should look good  :thumbup Also, even Fekir does well with one working knee, it's not like he didn't play blinders for Lyon since he got back from his original cruciate ligament layoff.

I remember reading (in detail) about different types of ACL repair methods and why Fekir used the subpar method, etc. That won’t be an issue for Ox at all.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2914 on: July 20, 2019, 09:59:25 am »
Great to see him continuing his comeback last night. Some things that look very promising physically- his acceleration and change of direction

Will be great to have him back at near his best

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #2915 on: July 20, 2019, 10:30:58 am »
Great to see him continuing his comeback last night. Some things that look very promising physically- his acceleration and change of direction

Didn’t see the match but just watched his highlights and totally agree. I’m immediately fantasising about a Fabinho naby ox midfield and the damage they could do together.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2916 on: July 20, 2019, 11:21:30 pm »
Will be like a new signing no? Who knows if he had played last season, we might have won the league.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2917 on: July 20, 2019, 11:32:08 pm »

Yeah was great to see his speed on the ball. Doesn’t look like he’s lost any pace which is amazing.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2918 on: July 20, 2019, 11:32:14 pm »
Will be like a new signing no? Who knows if he had played last season, we might have won the league.
Ox and Keita both.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #2919 on: July 21, 2019, 12:46:02 am »
Its reported that he is training separately from the rest of the squad in Boston tonight. Hope its nothing serious; I'm looking forward to him being influential and successful at the start of this season.