Author Topic: Membership Renewals 2020/22  (Read 9314 times)

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
Membership Renewals 2020/22
« on: June 26, 2020, 12:51:06 pm »
Anyone else had an email from the club saying that they can't automatically process membership renewals because of a 'systems upgrade'? Can't see anything in other threads but the members thread seems to be all about herd immunity at the moment  ???

Doesn't sound like much of an upgrade, or are they checking details while they do the renewals?

If you can't renew memberships until the end of July they can't do the autocup until after that can they?
Legacy fan

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Membership Renewals 2020/22
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 12:57:28 pm »
My missus had an email, but it was specifically to do with the fact that she has her membership renewed by Direct Debit.

Apparently they can no longer do this now, and she has to take out a new membership and then they will swap the credits over. They say more details will be sent later.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 12:57:45 pm »
Probably due to the switch of ticket systems

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 01:06:59 pm »
Probably due to the switch of ticket systems
I think they probably want to get away from Direct Debits, and the system upgrade is a convenient excuse. There can't be too many members left who pay this way anyway, and it's probably an inconvenience to them for a small amount of payments.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 01:10:36 pm »
My missus had an email, but it was specifically to do with the fact that she has her membership renewed by Direct Debit.

Apparently they can no longer do this now, and she has to take out a new membership and then they will swap the credits over. They say more details will be sent later.

My email mentions direct debits as well.

What's wrong with direct debits? I think they cost the club something so maybe that's why they don't like them.
Legacy fan

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 10:34:03 am »
So confused I pay by direct debit yearly and have not had an email about this.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 11:03:08 am »
My mate got the direct debit one also.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #7 on: July 2, 2020, 12:03:23 pm »
My son has had an email saying that his membership, which I pay for, will be renewed automatically!

The only thing I can think is that somehow I pay for mine on DD from my bank account and for his on a sort of DD but from my debit card. One thing they are stopping but the other is ok.

Confused? I am....
Legacy fan

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 4, 2020, 03:50:02 pm »
I've just had one saying they're renewing on the 20th. Mine's a recurring charge on a credit card I think rather than a direct debit.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Hunt..It's_a_goal!

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: July 5, 2020, 07:42:48 pm »
I've had mine on a direct debit since the PTS days and I've had the email saying they can no longer do this and there will be another email explaining the process at the end of July sometime

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 12:40:29 pm »
what's the point really in renewing your membership for the season ahead?
Sir, the cash monies?

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 12:45:28 pm »
Depends how much you spend in the club shop maybe - and some just don't trust the club in keeping on their credit history!

Mine was a simpler reason...I forgot to cancel it in time. :butt
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2020, 02:27:17 pm »
i'm the same really - but there's absolutely no benefit at the moment apart from club shop discount.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2020, 02:58:38 pm »
I'm not renewing mine until they say something about credits.  For all we know very few fans may actually get the opportunity to go to matches next season.

Offline redalan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 09:18:50 pm »
I've had mine on a direct debit since the PTS days and I've had the email saying they can no longer do this and there will be another email explaining the process at the end of July sometime

I got the same e-mail but haven't heard anything since.  Anyone else received any details explaining the process?

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2020, 11:02:48 pm »
I got the same e-mail but haven't heard anything since.  Anyone else received any details explaining the process?

I've had nothing yet
Legacy fan

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 3, 2020, 12:49:33 pm »
Had forgotten about this, had two emails from the club saying they have taken payments for me and my daughters membership. We have 14 days to cancel. Bit shit from the club to take money for something they know they can't offer at the moment.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #17 on: August 3, 2020, 01:00:59 pm »
Got an email with instructions about what to do to renew my membership.

I had to reset my password then logon to the system to buy the membership.

Put the membership in my basket but there is no 'checkout' option to complete the purchase. Am I missing something or is this system worse than the last one?

I've sent them an email
Legacy fan

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #18 on: August 4, 2020, 09:48:08 am »
Having huge problems renewing my son's membership. He uses the same CC as me, but for some reason payment was declined (putting that down to the bank). Thereafter, we have descended into a vortex of doom. Got the failed payment email, asked to change password and purchase manually, now done this several times and all we can do is keep changing the password because none of them allow access to anything more! I can't see any details in my own account, payment for which was taken at the end of July. I assume they are having massive problems and await a reply to my "what do we do"? email.

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #19 on: August 4, 2020, 10:15:05 am »
Having huge problems renewing my son's membership. He uses the same CC as me, but for some reason payment was declined (putting that down to the bank). Thereafter, we have descended into a vortex of doom. Got the failed payment email, asked to change password and purchase manually, now done this several times and all we can do is keep changing the password because none of them allow access to anything more! I can't see any details in my own account, payment for which was taken at the end of July. I assume they are having massive problems and await a reply to my "what do we do"? email.

Have you been using the new ticketing website to renew the membership (ticketing.liverpoolfc.com), because if you go to the membership page on that website it allows you to renew. Also, you can’t see your purchase history yet and they aren’t recording purchase history on the old website any more.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #20 on: August 4, 2020, 03:24:18 pm »
So apart from getting a discount in the LFC shop, is there any need to renew your membership right now?  It seems unlikely that stadiums will be back to full capacity next season and if this second spike comes it could be a season of very few fans allowed in.

Are you likely to lose credits or your ACS in Cups if you don't renew?

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 4, 2020, 03:35:33 pm »
Why is everyone so paranoid about losing their credits? Seriously how are you going to lose your credits when there are no games being played with fans at the moment? What they gonna do auction off your unused membership credits to those who renewed?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 4, 2020, 04:25:04 pm »
Why is everyone so paranoid about losing their credits? Seriously how are you going to lose your credits when there are no games being played with fans at the moment? What they gonna do auction off your unused membership credits to those who renewed?

It's just uncharted territory really and people probably fear they might just miss a random deadline the club decides to impose. We're all just pretty precious over our credits lol.
YNWA.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 4, 2020, 04:37:09 pm »
So apart from getting a discount in the LFC shop, is there any need to renew your membership right now?  It seems unlikely that stadiums will be back to full capacity next season and if this second spike comes it could be a season of very few fans allowed in.

Are you likely to lose credits or your ACS in Cups if you don't renew?

No need to renew unless you really want to and no, you won't lose your credits. You may need to renew before next season finishes if fans are permitted back en masse but i'd say that's pretty unlikely.

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: August 4, 2020, 06:42:43 pm »
Have you been using the new ticketing website to renew the membership (ticketing.liverpoolfc.com), because if you go to the membership page on that website it allows you to renew. Also, you can’t see your purchase history yet and they aren’t recording purchase history on the old website any more.

Yip, that's the page that keeps asking us to reset the password. Done that four times now to no avail.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #25 on: August 4, 2020, 07:36:20 pm »
Had forgotten about this, had two emails from the club saying they have taken payments for me and my daughters membership. We have 14 days to cancel. Bit shit from the club to take money for something they know they can't offer at the moment.

They gave you 2 weeks to cancel the auto-renewal on your membership, you had fair warning they would take the money despite not being able to offer tickets this season. Can't really call the club out on this when every member was emailed to take the auto-renewal off if they didn't want to renew.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #26 on: August 7, 2020, 06:10:16 pm »

Yeah. It’s proper paranoia.

The credits are not assigned to the membership.... they’re assigned to the customer number.... so it’s the customer number that keeps the credits.... literally had the same customer number since 2006, as a fan card,  then just getting local gen tickets, then past few years membership. They’re all on there. You just buy a membership for that customer number to be eligible when they go on sale to members again :)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 8, 2020, 04:58:17 pm »
Yeah. It’s proper paranoia.

The credits are not assigned to the membership.... they’re assigned to the customer number.... so it’s the customer number that keeps the credits.... literally had the same customer number since 2006, as a fan card,  then just getting local gen tickets, then past few years membership. They’re all on there. You just buy a membership for that customer number to be eligible when they go on sale to members again :)

Aint rocket science is it. People are splashing 30 odd quid just because they don't understand that.

Not that the club minds though.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2020, 10:34:03 am »
Aint rocket science is it. People are splashing 30 odd quid just because they don't understand that.

Not that the club minds though.

I'm in a group chat of about 55 regulars and the majority have renewed their membership. It might not be rocket science but a fair amount of people don't know this.
YNWA.

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2020, 04:38:09 pm »
Anyone receive an email today saying their membership had expired?

Offline RedSten

• Main Stander
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2020, 04:47:59 pm »
Yeah I got the email this afternoon

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2020, 04:58:11 pm »
Yeah I got the email this afternoon
Just emailed the club for confirmation that not renewing won't affect credits. I know it won't but be nice to have it in writing off them.

Offline RedSten

• Main Stander
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2020, 05:35:28 pm »
Just emailed the club for confirmation that not renewing won't affect credits. I know it won't but be nice to have it in writing off them.
Yeah I’m sure it’ll be fine. I was tempted to just to pay for peace of mind, but they’ll be opportunities to join later in the season if there’s even any games made available to members.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2020, 06:19:12 pm »
Anyone receive an email today saying their membership had expired?

Yeah

Keep hold of that email lol

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2020, 09:38:19 pm »
Full selling criteria for the 2020/21 season will be communicated once we have further clarity on supporter access to the stadium. Subject to that clarification, and in the event that we have a full capacity for supporters, we would expect the allocation of tickets in Members Ticket Sales(s) for PL home games to be based upon previous purchase history.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2020, 01:06:13 pm »
Your credits DO NOT come off your customer number, whether you have an active membership or not.

Stop throwing money away

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2020, 01:49:14 pm »
Full selling criteria for the 2020/21 season will be communicated once we have further clarity on supporter access to the stadium. Subject to that clarification, and in the event that we have a full capacity for supporters, we would expect the allocation of tickets in Members Ticket Sales(s) for PL home games to be based upon previous purchase history.

Where has this come from? So from that we can take it that members won't get back in until there's a full capacity.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2020, 01:53:43 pm »
Where has this come from? So from that we can take it that members won't get back in until there's a full capacity.

Not sure it says that at all

I read it as saying next year we’re not sure yet but members sales will likely be based On previous attendance last season

Also to your point members won’t get in until we exceed 30k capacity as that’s how many season ticket holders we have give or take

Once that 30k is exceeded I presume those on 19 as members will Be first in line

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2020, 02:04:10 pm »
Not sure it says that at all

I read it as saying next year we’re not sure yet but members sales will likely be based On previous attendance last season

Also to your point members won’t get in until we exceed 30k capacity as that’s how many season ticket holders we have give or take

Once that 30k is exceeded I presume those on 19 as members will Be first in line

Subject to that clarification, and in the event that we have a full capacity for supporters, we would expect the allocation of tickets in Members Ticket Sales(s)

Might be wrong (and I hope I am!) but it seems to me like they're purposely saying they want full capacity for any members' sales.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2020, 02:10:47 pm »

Might be wrong (and I hope I am!) but it seems to me like they're purposely saying they want full capacity for any members' sales.

So if they have 40k capacity they are just going to leave the seats empty before they let members in? That makes no sense does it

Probably just reading it wrong, but then again the club is absolutely notorious for shite wording during most communuications