Author Topic: Not being able to go the game  (Read 31921 times)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: Not being able to go the game
« Reply #360 on: March 12, 2020, 11:51:44 am »
Will it be gross negligence if all the things listed in my post are not shut down?
I mean people still need to live but it’s time for social distancing unfortunately, my point was is sports is being cancelled and the premier league seem intent on letting things go on

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: March 12, 2020, 11:56:55 am »
I know that.  But those with underlying problems, and the elderly most likely will. 

The lack of beds is not the biggest issue, the biggest issue is the fact it's infectious so needs isolation, so if one person with it is in ICU, nobody else can be in an ICU bed on that ward. Isn't that why China started building hospitals just for this?

Lack of hospitals is going to come into play here, so these tory c*nts promising to build loads more need to -put their money where their mouth is

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: March 12, 2020, 11:59:22 am »
I mean people still need to live but it’s time for social distancing unfortunately, my point was is sports is being cancelled and the premier league seem intent on letting things go on

and my point is, if you are going to ban public gatherings then you ban them all. So are you ok with that or you just want to single out Premier League football?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #363 on: March 12, 2020, 12:01:28 pm »
But why is playing behind closed doors the answer? Surely the case of the Forest chairman and him being the key factor behind the Arsenal game being called off last night backs up the fact playing behind closed doors isn’t necessarily the answer here.

See the scenes outside of Valencia and PSG this week, if that’s the product of playing behind closed doors, then what’s the point? Some ‘social distancing’ that is.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:03:54 pm by D🐶G »
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: March 12, 2020, 12:02:32 pm »
and my point is, if you are going to ban public gatherings then you ban them all. So are you ok with that or you just want to single out Premier League football?
well yeah at this point I want social distancing introduced, again my point was why is sports here business as usual but everything else is getting canned

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: March 12, 2020, 12:03:15 pm »
But why is playing behind closed doors the answer? Surely the case of the Forest chairman and him being the key factor behind the Arsenal game being called off last night backs that up the fact playing behind closed doors isn’t necessarily the answer here.

See the scenes outside of Valencia and PSG this week, if that’s the product of playing behind closed doors, then what’s the point? Some ‘social distancing’ that is.
only a matter time before it’s suspended tbf, closed doors might let us get another round of fixtures in

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #366 on: March 12, 2020, 12:05:40 pm »
only a matter time before it’s suspended tbf, closed doors might let us get another round of fixtures in
It needs to be all or nothing. Carry on playing as normal or suspend it for as long as it takes and then restart it. Playing behind closed doors just doesn’t cut it when you take other factors into account.

Also, why just the Premier League behind closed doors? What about the EFL and other sports such as rugby league and rugby union?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: March 12, 2020, 12:07:47 pm »
well yeah at this point I want social distancing introduced, again my point was why is sports here business as usual but everything else is getting canned

Because the figures are lower that anywhere else

I mean it doesn't make sense to wait till they are, be proactive not reactive

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: March 12, 2020, 12:10:21 pm »
Because the figures are lower that anywhere else

I mean it doesn't make sense to wait till they are, be proactive not reactive
we are only lagging behind Europe a couple days, government had the chance to prevent this

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: March 12, 2020, 12:11:09 pm »
It needs to be all or nothing. Carry on playing as normal or suspend it for as long as it takes and then restart it. Playing behind closed doors just doesn’t cut it when you take other factors into account.

Also, why just the Premier League behind closed doors? What about the EFL and other sports such as rugby league and rugby union?
I agree and those sports are next

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: March 12, 2020, 12:17:22 pm »
Will you have the same virtue signalling self righteousness about all other aspects or human interaction like shops, pubs, trains, planes, busses, hotels, hospital visitors, walking the streets, offices etc.

A lof of these things are fundamental to everyday life. Football is not. Grow up.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: March 12, 2020, 12:19:20 pm »

Whats getting canned here??

If you want theses measures then stay home and you'll have them and you'll be safe
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2020, 12:22:39 pm »
Whats getting canned here??

If you want theses measures then stay home and you'll have them and you'll be safe
what I plan on doing mate

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #373 on: March 12, 2020, 12:23:31 pm »
Your comparisons to flu.  As far as I am aware influenza doesn't cause the NHS to be in crisis.  This virus will cause a massage shortage of ICU beds.  The knock on effects of that are huge. 

You are saying healthy 80 year olds will probably survive this.  Where is your source for that?

If we didn't have a vaccine for the influenza we'd probably be in a similar situation.

The fact that as of yesterday we've had 6 deaths and they've all had underlying health conditions.

No healthy people in the UK have died.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: March 12, 2020, 12:26:52 pm »
If we didn't have a vaccine for the influenza we'd probably be in a similar situation.

The fact that as of yesterday we've had 6 deaths and they've all had underlying health conditions.

So we should all adapt our behaviour for their benefit then.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #375 on: March 12, 2020, 12:29:51 pm »

Well since the flu vaccine has only been around in the UK since circa 2000, I don't agree.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: March 12, 2020, 12:30:03 pm »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: March 12, 2020, 12:33:17 pm »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: March 12, 2020, 12:36:30 pm »
too late for this now I fear

But it didn't have to be. We are an island nation as well after all

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: March 12, 2020, 12:38:52 pm »
But it didn't have to be. We are an island nation as well after all
on yeah we are at a massive advantage here, but its also why we are lagging in cases behind the other european powers, government have failed to use it

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: March 12, 2020, 12:44:23 pm »
A Premier League team is testing all it's players after 3 of them displayed symptoms

That will be the start of it being suspended, defo shoud be rather than behind closed doors

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #381 on: March 12, 2020, 12:47:09 pm »
There's a whole thread on the impact of COVID on sport, covering identical ground. I think we can move this chat there for now.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=344973.0