Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3454861 times)

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
someone on my instagram was able to travel from Brazil to england this week. no quarantine just straight out sight seeing. might come to ireland too they said. ah sure why not when there is nothing stopping you coming from a covid hotspot.

amateur sport back in full swing now also. can someone tells me whats stopping this from spreading like wild fire now?  has the virus weakened or something and they arent as bothered about it anymore?

« Last Edit: July 3, 2020, 10:35:06 pm by darragh85 »

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
someone on my instagram was able to travel from Brazil to england this week. no quarantine just straight out sight seeing. might come to ireland too they said. ah sure why not when there is nothing stopping you coming from a covid hotspot.

amateur sport back in full swing now also. can someone tells me whats stopping this from spreading like wild fire now?  has the virus weakened or something and they arent as bothered about it anymore?

I expected there to be a mini spike post the BLM protestS \ beaches etc but there doesn’t seem to be any correlation to show any abnormality in increases in cases.

I got the impression from the briefing this afternoon that the government do secretly expect a second wave in the winter but there’ll be only local / regional lockdowns enforced and no intention of another national lockdown.

"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I expected there to be a mini spike post the BLM protestS \ beaches etc but there doesn’t seem to be any correlation to show any abnormality in increases in cases.

I got the impression from the briefing this afternoon that the government do secretly expect a second wave in the winter but there’ll be only local / regional lockdowns enforced and no intention of another national lockdown.

Quite right as well. There are some industries that could yet be saved by winter trading such as some theatres, pubs and restaurants. Another national lockdown and then the only way people will be able watch theatre ever again is watching ‘Hamilton’ on Disney Life.

Another national lockdown has to be avoided by almost all costs. Or we just accept life without certain things and prioritise squashing this virus.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

Outdoors transmission is lower risk that’s why.

Pubs are at the top end of the scale in terms of risk. Indoors, social interaction, so speech droplets lingering in the air.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

It’ll be the pubs etc that start the second wave not outdoors activities. There’s lots of research being published now on transmission risks.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
five and a half hours to opening time, I'll bet there are dickheads queuing now
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
I'm doing the spadework now to save a few Bob.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan

Is the Taoiseach planning on letting Americans travel? I heard something vaguely being mentioned on the radio earlier about that, with warnings of a least 50 new cases a day, and exponential increases if it's allowed. I fucking hope not.

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
There  is Americans in the South of Ireland all ready in Hotels . Think Ireland doing 20000 tests a day so I assume thats 75% in Dublin . No talk of an antibody test here .
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

There was never any formal quarantine anyway just a self imposed one that is impossible to police. The threats of fines were ridiculous, how is the bobby on the street to know if you've just travelled from Brazil or the US?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Yep. I think they call it giving people enough rope...

The difference is that all,of the other events were illegal. Using your rope metaphor this is a judicial execution. :D

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
So Johnson wants to reintroduce another clap for NHS on Sunday evening. 
Should be a minutes silence instead.......for all those health and care workers who've lost their lives. RIP

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
An opportunity for those of you who wish to leave a legacy to future generations

Coronavirus: South Shields Museum appeals for hair clippings

A museum is appealing for people's hair following their first trim since the coronavirus lockdown was eased in England.

Hairdressers are among the businesses that have reopened after having been closed since March.

South Shields Museum is asking people to provide before-and-after photographs as well as the clippings.

Among the museum's existing collection of hair cuttings are plaits that once belonged to author Catherine Cookson.

Adam Bell, assistant keeper of social history, said donations would form part of the museum's pandemic collection and used in future displays documenting life amid the outbreak.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-53290775

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Passed a hair dressers on the way to work this morning, medium queue outside, everyone already had short hair :/

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
Hospitals in at least two Texas counties at full capacity amid statewide spike in coronavirus cases

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/505855-hospitals-in-at-least-two-texas-counties-at-full-capacity-amid-statewide

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hospitals in at least two Texas counties at full capacity amid statewide spike in coronavirus cases

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/505855-hospitals-in-at-least-two-texas-counties-at-full-capacity-amid-statewide

Nothing to do with Covid,just respiratory and heart problem.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Some days I question whether I was right to want Boris to get over Covid-19.

He'd have been made a martyr. As much as the country will suffer for his idiocy at least he'll go down in history as a shyster and our worst PM.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
Hi everone. I hope you are all well. I know this is not the right place to ask and I looked in the boozer thread but despite a pandemic and me being a disabled housebound individual who has not left the house yet living with my elderly mother I have been selected for Jury duty and I am not sure what to do about getting it cancelled? Any help would be most welcome 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hi everone. I hope you are all well. I know this is not the right place to ask and I looked in the boozer thread but despite a pandemic and me being a disabled housebound individual who has not left the house yet living with my elderly mother I have been selected for Jury duty and I am not sure what to do about getting it cancelled? Any help would be most welcome

Just call them and cancel,primary carer and whatnot.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline frankenhooker

• Boys Pen
I deferred mine just because of flippant work reasons outside of a pandemic, I imagine you’ll have no problems at all getting out of it as things stand.  I’m not advocating this, but I ignored my second call up and heard absolutely zilch, this was three years ago. A doctors letter would be more than enough I’d of thought.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan

In addition to the above posts, there's a telephone number and postal address here.

https://www.gov.uk/jury-service/delaying-or-being-excused-from-jury-service

Also some info here about jury service deferals/excusals (Page 4)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/709844/jury-summons-guide-eng.pdf

And advice in the context of Covid-19

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-courts-and-tribunals-planning-and-preparation#jury-service
« Last Edit: July 4, 2020, 06:26:37 pm by ShakaHislop »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Nothing to do with Covid,just respiratory and heart problem.

And a cough and loss of sense and smell, but not the Kung Flu, no siree.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
thank you for your responses I will call them on Monday and explain my situation. I guess it does help in a way that there is a pandemic on and that I have not left the house for  months. Bit worried about it but I will speak to them and see what happens.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
It's packed down here in Cornwall. Was getting steadily busier over the months of lockdown but has increased massively in the space of just a day.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
It's just as well the pubs have to keep their music down low to stop people from shouting otherwise the noise coming from the one by me might be off the scales around about now  ::)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Ha, the pubs are packed. Just went past my local and its heaving with people.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
First day back in work for me and all went reasonably well.

Hated wearing a visor all day though.  It kept steaming up, especially when we were shampooing and I keep thinking I've still got it on as it's imprinted round my head!

Got into a decent routine of disinfecting every surface as soon as a client moved.  Rotation of combs, scissors and brushes into sterilisation after each use went well but letting the phones go to answer machine felt weird.

The booking system still needs some tweaking as we're wasting valuable time between clients but also clients are having to wait longer for the backwash area due to social distancing.

Was good to get back and to see everyone again now I've got to get my head round going to peoples homes for my mobile clients.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Something which is going right in the UK and is earning international praise.

Large, randomized trials are the gold standard to test a drug’s efficacy. But they have been scarce so far in the COVID-19 pandemic. “Everybody has the first part about “randomized,” but they omitted the “large” part, says Ana-Maria Henao Restrepo, a medical officer at the World Health Organization’s (WHO’s) Emergencies Programme. “Every clinician, every researcher wants to help and then they end up having a trial with 300 or 400 patients that cannot come up with conclusive evidence.” In a sea of small, single institution studies, Recovery, with 12,000 patients and hundreds of participating hospitals, stands out—and offers lessons for the few other megatrials, organized by WHO and other bodies, which have been slow off the mark. “I think the three Recovery trials are the best trials that have been performed to date,” Topol says.

One reason Recovery has done so well is that it was backed by the United Kingdom’s centralized National Health Service (NHS), involving 176 of its hospitals. In the United States, where the health care system is fragmented, the National Institutes of Health has only begun a few large trials so far and completed just one, a trial of Gilead Sciences’s antiviral compound remdesivir that showed those given the drug recovered from COVID-19 faster. The dearth of results from a country that has seen more cases of COVID-19 than any other is “surprising and a bit disappointing,” says John-Arne Røttingen, who heads the steering committee of Solidarity, WHO’s attempt to evaluate repurposed drugs as possible COVID-19 therapies.

In contrast, the United Kingdom’s own bungled public health response to the new virus, which has led to Europe’s largest outbreak, has been taken advantage of by Recovery. “They have been able to recruit well, because they have had a lot of hospitalized patients,” Røttingen says. (The United Kingdom has had more than 43,000 deaths, surpassed only by the United States and Brazil, far more populous countries.)

In a letter to all NHS hospitals, the United Kingdom’s five most senior doctors urged health care workers to enroll patients in Recovery and two other important trials. “Use of treatments outside of a trial, where participation was possible, is a wasted opportunity to create information that will benefit others,” the doctors, including Chris Whitty, chief medical officer for England, wrote. Because of that coordination, “One in every six COVID-19 patients that come into the U.K. hospitals go into the trial,” Landray says.

Organizers also kept Recovery simple, allowing any NHS hospital to participate. Inspired by trials that his Oxford colleague Richard Peto and others did in the 1980s on treating heart attacks, Landray says they radically cut down on the data health care workers need to collect, with only a few questions asked at enrolment and at only one more data collection point: when the patient dies, is discharged, or 28 days after enrollment. Clinical trials have become excessively cumbersome in recent years, he argues. “It’s actually quite hard to make them really simple.”

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/07/one-uk-trial-transforming-covid-19-treatment-why-haven-t-others-delivered-more-results
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The UK led vaccine trials, will it be September / October that we see the results of these and how likely it'll be fee feasible for wider usage (fingers crossed)?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
The UK led vaccine trials, will it be September / October that we see the results of these and how likely it'll be fee feasible for wider usage (fingers crossed)?
I read they said they'll have data by mid July. That was about a month or so ago.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I read they said they'll have data by mid July. That was about a month or so ago.
That soon? Wow. That will determine whether these are viable vaccinations or further testing required then?

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
That soon? Wow. That will determine whether these are viable vaccinations or further testing required then?

Further testing would still be required, but as Macphisto says above - preliminary data from the trial is expected in the next two weeks. Essentially they'll know if the vaccine promotes the wanted immune response and the people develop an antibody and T cell immunity to Sars-Cov-2

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Was in the car earlier today and all the pubs this end seemed pretty empty. One or two student pubs looked rammed though
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Sunday Times reporting that govt is close to agreeing a deal to buy 60m doses of the Sanofi/GSK vaccine if it works.

Not likely to start human trials until Septembert, but just shows how much of a race there is to lock down early access supplies of vaccines.

I suppose that gives the UK access to a vaccine in each of the main categories western countries are working on per https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/06/29/coronavirus-vaccine-update-june-29

Viral vectors - Oxford/AstraZeneca
Genetic vaccines - Imperial College
Recombinant Protein vaccines - Sanofi/GSK
« Last Edit: July 5, 2020, 01:13:05 am by filopastry »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Was in the car earlier today and all the pubs this end seemed pretty empty. One or two student pubs looked rammed though

Couple of boozers i visited were busy but not heaving, some you have to pre book a table, others you can walk straight in, for me it was good to get out of my flat & have a few beers
#Sausages

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Not as good as the links from Shaka. But this was discussed on a call in or radio 5 about a month ago. Absolutely fine to be dismissed from jury duty. In fact I now remember the question was why were they even selected. But it was because of patient confidentiality. I know you'll sleep easier after the call Monday, but don't worry about it.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Something which is going right in the UK and is earning international praise.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/07/one-uk-trial-transforming-covid-19-treatment-why-haven-t-others-delivered-more-results
Wow Zeb. Can't quite use one of my favourite phrases about damning with faint praise. But they are basically saying we can do a large study because we've been shit and had so many in hospital!
(And I know it's centralised, unlike the USA..)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
Not seen this posted but just shows the numbers of people (in this case 80% of the elderly tested) that may be asymptomatic/pre-symptomatic.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vivaldi-1-coronavirus-covid-19-care-homes-study-report/vivaldi-1-covid-19-care-homes-study-report

More and more studies seem to be showing this.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not seen this posted but just shows the numbers of people (in this case 80% of the elderly tested) that may be asymptomatic/pre-symptomatic.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vivaldi-1-coronavirus-covid-19-care-homes-study-report/vivaldi-1-covid-19-care-homes-study-report

More and more studies seem to be showing this.
One of my clients yesterday  who had lost her 79yr old dad to it and they didn't realise he had it. 

They only found out after he'd had a fall and was taken to hospital where he was tested.

He died 8 days later still without showing any symptoms.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk