Author Topic: Arthur Labinjo-Hughes  (Read 4912 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Arthur Labinjo-Hughes
« Reply #40 on: December 3, 2021, 03:14:01 pm »
Usually, but I'm hoping that as this is a high-profile case, particularly horrific and the people involved don't appear to even be able to show any remorse, I'd say that they were a danger to the general public.

In such instances, such people can be remanded in custody indefinately (known as "At Her Majesty's pleasure")

At Her Majesty's Pleasure and the Home Secretary deciding the length of a sentence was abolished years  ago.

Sentencing is in the hands if the trial judge, subject to appeal and release us in the hands of the Oarole Board.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: December 3, 2021, 03:14:46 pm »
"Tustin refused to enter the court room to hear the judge's sentencing remarks or victim impact statements from Arthur's family."

This says it all about her, cowardly and lacking any remorse.  I hope she gets what's coming to her

She has a long time to avoid the wrath of inmates and/or a blind eye here and there from prison officers.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: December 3, 2021, 03:17:26 pm »
He was convicted of manslaughter so will do his time and get out. She will be on a life long licence as a convicted murderer so her sentence can go on and on - in theory.
   I just hope they get to experience the absolute terror that poor boy experienced while in the jug, sadly these creatures are looked after and fawned over by prison psychologists/therapists as some sort of case study.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 3, 2021, 03:18:31 pm »
These two pieces of scum should never be allowed out and hopefully they get the shit kicked out of them every single day they spend behind bars

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 3, 2021, 03:26:42 pm »
sadly these creatures are looked after and fawned over by prison psychologists/therapists as some sort of case study.

Research into what makes a person commit such a crime has a chance of making a difference in future.

Contrary to popular belief/ understanding/wishful thinking, punishment including sentence length or severity (inc death penalty) has little effect on offender rates.

Revenge esp a general societal revenge indicates a wider problem in society and solves nothing.

What happens to the killers in this or any other case is of no concern to me, my only feelings are towards the victim.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #45 on: December 3, 2021, 03:28:12 pm »
At Her Majesty's Pleasure and the Home Secretary deciding the length of a sentence was abolished years  ago.

Sentencing is in the hands if the trial judge, subject to appeal and release us in the hands of the Oarole Board.

Have you got any evidence that the Powers of Criminal Courts (Sentencing Act) 2000 has been overruled?

Still appears to be in place.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 3, 2021, 03:28:36 pm »
I had to switch over the channel as this was too horrible to listen to. Can't even convey words  for the adults involved.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #47 on: December 3, 2021, 03:33:14 pm »
Have you got any evidence that the Powers of Criminal Courts (Sentencing Act) 2000 has been overruled?

Still appears to be in place.

The Act applies 'detention at Her Majesty's Pleasure' to offences committed by under 18s only.

So you are partially right.

Let's call it a score draw. :)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 3, 2021, 04:35:18 pm »
What gets me is there are some people who are never able to have children and would give anything to have a child. Then you hear about scum like this and it totally sickens you. At least the poor little one is in a better place, no kid should have to put up with stuff like this.  :(

A friend of ours, who is unable to have kids, adopted a little boy who was take from smackhead parents at birth as he was an addict even then. She's given him a wonderful childhood so far, but some kids just are born into shit through no fault of their own.

Hope the parents are made to suffer every single miserable fucking day inside.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline 50 Pence

• Thanks to a slightly better exchange rate, he's a higher value rapper...
  • Kopite
« Reply #49 on: December 3, 2021, 05:27:38 pm »
First came across this story a couple of weeks ago,, I thought I was pretty numb to the cruelty some people in society can inflict on others but this story affected me more than any other. Can't bring myself to listen to the clips or watch the vidoes, the story is too heart breaking

Unfortunately too common place, the government are introducing Tony's law but I still don't think it's strong enough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-59473851

I remember seeing Tony Hudgell during lockdown, inspired by Captain Tom to raise money for the NHS.... I didn't realise until this week the horrific abuse this young boy had to endure as well

https://www.tonyhudgellfoundation.org/tonys-story
I wish I'd be a bit more spontaneous. Sometimes I feel like going out, stealing a traffic cone, putting it on my head and saying, "Look at me, I'm a giant witch."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #50 on: December 3, 2021, 05:39:17 pm »
A friend of ours, who is unable to have kids, adopted a little boy who was take from smackhead parents at birth as he was an addict even then. She's given him a wonderful childhood so far, but some kids just are born into shit through no fault of their own.

Hope the parents are made to suffer every single miserable fucking day inside.

It's heart-breaking what some kids are born into. Thank goodness there are good people like your friend who at least try and give them something precious. As for these two cretins neither of them should be allowed to have kids ever again. It frightens the hell out of me the way people are allowed out of prison in no time at all, to reoffend and ruin someone else's life into the bargain.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: December 3, 2021, 05:41:38 pm »
Research into what makes a person commit such a crime has a chance of making a difference in future.

Contrary to popular belief/ understanding/wishful thinking, punishment including sentence length or severity (inc death penalty) has little effect on offender rates.

Revenge esp a general societal revenge indicates a wider problem in society and solves nothing.

What happens to the killers in this or any other case is of no concern to me, my only feelings are towards the victim.

Any murder is horrendous of course, particularly when the victim is a defenceless child.  The difference here is it was torture and starvation over a period of time, as opposed to a single violent act. Thankfully although it’s not unique in that respect it is rare.

Not sure what research would be useful in this case but then I’m a layperson in that regard.  Given his mother was imprisoned for murder before this monstrous act, the kid appears to have stood no chance.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #52 on: December 3, 2021, 06:41:06 pm »
It depresses me immensely that no-one was able to read the signs sufficiently to act sooner. Arthur couldn't understand why no-one would love or feed him but he wasn't stupid and he knew that it was wrong and he knew he was in danger. Heart breaking doesn't get close.

Social media and gutter press will rage about the death penalty and inflicting acts of harm on his torturers, none of which will help Arthur or the next little soul to fall foul of the system.

The upcoming inquiry will no doubt find failures in the way that children's services responded, and this may be justified, but performance needs to be considered against the background of chronic underfunding in the sector and increasing demand for its services over more than a decade.

In 2017 the LGA estimated that child services would be facing a funding shortfall of about £2 billion by 2020 and have been calling on government to fund proper provision for years.

https://www.local.gov.uk/about/campaigns/bright-futures/bright-futures-childrens-services/childrens-services-funding-facts
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jul/11/underfunding-to-blame-for-child-protection-crisis-says-report
https://www.local.gov.uk/publications/child-centred-recovery

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 3, 2021, 06:56:31 pm »
It's heart-breaking what some kids are born into. Thank goodness there are good people like your friend who at least try and give them something precious. As for these two cretins neither of them should be allowed to have kids ever again. It frightens the hell out of me the way people are allowed out of prison in no time at all, to reoffend and ruin someone else's life into the bargain.

They'd had three kids taken away before he was born, just horrendous.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 3, 2021, 07:17:20 pm »
I don’t understand how this doesn’t qualify for a whole life term.

Only way there’s any justice here is if guards turn a blind eye and people take their fucking time. They deserve to spend years in fear and pain.

Absolutely fucking unfathomable. Read the whole of the judges verdict and it’s worse than anything you could imagine.

The woman is fucking Satan - but imagine the fucking weirdo of a dad letting/participating in this happening to your son.

The social workers who missed it should be struck off, as should the coppers. Read somewhere about one of his uncles wanting to go check on him and being turned back by coppers who threatened him with lockdown rules but that might be mischief.

The minute he wasn’t back at school with his background should’ve set every alarm bell in the system going aswell.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 3, 2021, 07:20:22 pm »
Massive sympathy for the prosecution, defence, judge, jury, stenographers etc - I remember they all had counselling after the Lost Pprophets trial - I hope proper support is in place.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 3, 2021, 07:23:50 pm »
They'd had three kids taken away before he was born, just horrendous.

How are they allowed to have more having had three kids taken away, beggars belief.

Massive sympathy for the prosecution, defence, judge, jury, stenographers etc - I remember they all had counselling after the Lost Pprophets trial - I hope proper support is in place.

I think it was said in the original post the jury members have been told they don't need to do any more jury work, I take my hat off to anyone sitting on that jury and seeing it through. As you say, let's hope they are all getting the support they need.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 3, 2021, 07:42:00 pm »
I don’t understand how this doesn’t qualify for a whole life term.

Only way there’s any justice here is if guards turn a blind eye and people take their fucking time. They deserve to spend years in fear and pain.

Absolutely fucking unfathomable. Read the whole of the judges verdict and it’s worse than anything you could imagine.

The woman is fucking Satan - but imagine the fucking weirdo of a dad letting/participating in this happening to your son.

The social workers who missed it should be struck off, as should the coppers. Read somewhere about one of his uncles wanting to go check on him and being turned back by coppers who threatened him with lockdown rules but that might be mischief.

The minute he wasn’t back at school with his background should’ve set every alarm bell in the system going aswell.

It's always easy to lash out at social workers and put the blame on them. The problem is the service is underfunded say nothing of a large proportion of social workers leaving and not always being replaced, which leaves a huge burden on those left behind. Also why is it this country has such a huge proportion of children at risk in the first place? These cases are not even rare nowadays. The way the Government has basically been trying to force Councils into huge budget cuts has yet again made the job even more challenging yet no one is having a go at them. Why not? Needless to say the MP in this area is a Tory who seems to have no problem with his Government forcing cuts here, there and everywhere, yet as ever expects the services to go without a hitch. If people are not being replaced, then mistakes are going to be more likely. The whole system needs to be looked at by an independent body.

This is an interesting report which highlights how lockdown means that social workers getting into homes in the first place was even more difficult. In the case of this awful woman she was highly manipulative, which also seems to have played a part.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/dec/03/how-much-did-lockdown-help-arthur-labinjo-hughes-killers-escape-notice

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: December 3, 2021, 08:06:32 pm »
I would love to be locked in a cage with these two and and Wayne Couzens. Hopefully they're all hell-bound

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 3, 2021, 09:37:14 pm »
just fuck off

seriously
They'll do about 60 percent of that sentence. Fucking joke. These two c*nts need battered, starved, pissed on, and be made to sleep on the floor every day for their sentence.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 3, 2021, 10:19:14 pm »
It's always easy to lash out at social workers and put the blame on them. The problem is the service is underfunded say nothing of a large proportion of social workers leaving and not always being replaced, which leaves a huge burden on those left behind. Also why is it this country has such a huge proportion of children at risk in the first place? These cases are not even rare nowadays. The way the Government has basically been trying to force Councils into huge budget cuts has yet again made the job even more challenging yet no one is having a go at them. Why not? Needless to say the MP in this area is a Tory who seems to have no problem with his Government forcing cuts here, there and everywhere, yet as ever expects the services to go without a hitch. If people are not being replaced, then mistakes are going to be more likely. The whole system needs to be looked at by an independent body.

This is an interesting report which highlights how lockdown means that social workers getting into homes in the first place was even more difficult. In the case of this awful woman she was highly manipulative, which also seems to have played a part.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/dec/03/how-much-did-lockdown-help-arthur-labinjo-hughes-killers-escape-notice

I agree with some of what you are saying Jill but incorrect assessments of his condition and well being were made. I understand that things may not be able to be actioned quickly enough by social services and maybe things were assessed in a way with a lack of resources in mind. But there were incorrect assessments just months before he died.

We shouldnt be looking to shift blame because we know who is responsible. But there were some huge failures and that needs to be addressed.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 3, 2021, 10:24:12 pm »
I agree with some of what you are saying Jill but incorrect assessments of his condition and well being were made. I understand that things may not be able to be actioned quickly enough by social services and maybe things were assessed in a way with a lack of resources in mind. But there were incorrect assessments just months before he died.

We shouldnt be looking to shift blame because we know who is responsible. But there were some huge failures and that needs to be addressed.

Sure, I don't disagree with that. We need better services the children deserve that. The points I was making were more of general ones than this particular case. I don't have the heart to read about the whole case, I don't think I could. Needless to say in my job we have to scan through reports on these issues and it shocks me every time as to how frequent these cases are. Some kids don't stand a chance from the start and that's tragic and utterly wrong.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #62 on: December 3, 2021, 11:52:27 pm »
They'll do about 60 percent of that sentence. Fucking joke. These two c*nts need battered, starved, pissed on, and be made to sleep on the floor every day for their sentence.
The bitch will have to serve a minimum of 29 years before even being considered for parole, the "Dad" though will, as you say, more than likely be released at some point as 21 years is the maximum he will serve which is pathetic enough in itself.

You do hope someone will lynch them but nobody got Myra Hindley, Rose West is still alive along with the likes of Huntley and James Bulger's killers.

I seriously doubt any harm will come to either of them unfortunately
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 4, 2021, 12:19:11 am »
Don't condone violence in anyway but i don't think i would lose a wink of sleep if she was battered every night.

Evil bitch.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #64 on: December 4, 2021, 01:06:08 am »
Don't condone violence in anyway but i don't think i would lose a wink of sleep if she was battered every night.

Evil bitch.
and him

Hugged the bejesus out of my son tonight
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
« Reply #65 on: December 4, 2021, 04:06:58 am »
In the US after school shootings we always hear “thoughts and prayers” sadly in the UK when a child is killed due to social services misreading the signs we hear “lessons will be learnt”, it makes me sick.

Offline kingkenny79

• Kopite
  • King Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish, King Of Liverpool
« Reply #66 on: December 4, 2021, 07:39:18 am »
The poor boy in one the clips,said he wanted to play for Liverpool then Spurs. I remember reading somewhere, his wicked father, destroyed the boy's beloved LFC jersey, to 'teach' him a lesson.

His dad & girlfriend dont deserve to see the sun again
A Pround Citizen of Kingdom Of Liverpool, Hail King Kenny, Long Live The King.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: December 4, 2021, 08:04:19 am »
In the US after school shootings we always hear “thoughts and prayers” sadly in the UK when a child is killed due to social services misreading the signs we hear “lessons will be learnt”, it makes me sick.

One of the lessons would be ‘stop slashing council budgets’.  No doubt mistakes were made, but should be seen in the context of reduced social care resources.  In practice this means reduced numbers of social workers have limited time to carry out appointments before rushing off to the next one.  Maybe also reduced spending on social care training.  Impact of over a decade of budget cuts.

Having said all that, fault of course sits with the 2 monsters responsible.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 4, 2021, 11:06:39 am »
The poor boy in one the clips,said he wanted to play for Liverpool then Spurs. I remember reading somewhere, his wicked father, destroyed the boy's beloved LFC jersey, to 'teach' him a lesson.

His dad & girlfriend dont deserve to see the sun again
Birmingham jersey wasn't it? I read somewhere it was his favourite shirt and he would go everywhere wearing that and the "dad" just ripped it up infront of him the absolute dickhead.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 5, 2021, 12:23:55 am »
When you hear the two sub human scum are having their case reviewed due to the thinking that the sentence was too lenient, you know it was bad. I dare say, there are things they did to this poor child that would be unthinkable to any sane rational thinking person. Ship these two prime bastards to the Mexican cartels, I say.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 5, 2021, 07:15:18 am »
It’s hard to describe  what I’d like to do to those two c*nts without coming across as completely deranged.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 5, 2021, 10:32:24 am »
Have been following this story after I noticed a headline on the news saying 'nobody loves me'. Its quite simply horrifying that a child would say this. Absolutely heartbreaking that a life so fragile and innocent is forced to resort to saying this. Cannot imagine humans would do this, let alone to your own child. Ideally these bastards would suffer an American style prison beating every day and end up on the realgore rekd videos, but knowing this is a pussy country one can only hope prison guards turn a blind eye to willing prisoners who want to have a go at these c*nts.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 5, 2021, 01:50:18 pm »
How many times have we heard the standard reply when cases like this happen.
We will have a full inquiry. lessons have to be learned.
Ive always put a lot down to weak social workers taking the easy way out to avoid confrontation. these 2 were nasty bas... so I imagine they had the same attitude with social workers.
Arthurs grandmother showed the social workers photos of Arthurs bruising 2 months before he was murdered. Social workers decided he wasn't at risk. how can anyone think a kid with a body full of bruising is not at risk, IMO the social workers did what past social workers did in these cases and took the easy way out to avoid confrontation.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2021, 01:52:04 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 5, 2021, 01:52:25 pm »
Have been following this story after I noticed a headline on the news saying 'nobody loves me'. Its quite simply horrifying that a child would say this. Absolutely heartbreaking that a life so fragile and innocent is forced to resort to saying this. Cannot imagine humans would do this, let alone to your own child. Ideally these bastards would suffer an American style prison beating every day and end up on the realgore rekd videos, but knowing this is a pussy country one can only hope prison guards turn a blind eye to willing prisoners who want to have a go at these c*nts.
For a child to say that is absolutely heartbreaking.That poor, defenceless kid will stay in my head for the rest of my days.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #74 on: December 5, 2021, 01:58:17 pm »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: December 5, 2021, 02:20:19 pm »

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 5, 2021, 02:25:57 pm »
https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliament-petition-to-have-arthur-labinjo-hughes-killers-given-a-whole-life-order

Would urge people to sign. Up to over 250000.

60000 since a out 7am today

Sorry, this is all sorts of wrong to me. Nothing to do with the two killers, but I definitively don't want sentencing by mob rule, and I also don't want parliament to decide sentences. The justice system and the political system have to be independent.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 5, 2021, 02:27:31 pm »
https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliament-petition-to-have-arthur-labinjo-hughes-killers-given-a-whole-life-order

Would urge people to sign. Up to over 250000.

60000 since a out 7am today

The campaign should be for any murder caused through or happening after a sustained torture campaign should warrant a full life term.

Neither should happen just because of an internet petition though.I'd bet that there's over a million that would sign for a return of the death penalty.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 5, 2021, 02:38:46 pm »
How many times have we heard the standard reply when cases like this happen.
We will have a full inquiry. lessons have to be learned.
Ive always put a lot down to weak social workers taking the easy way out to avoid confrontation. these 2 were nasty bas... so I imagine they had the same attitude with social workers.
Arthurs grandmother showed the social workers photos of Arthurs bruising 2 months before he was murdered. Social workers decided he wasn't at risk. how can anyone think a kid with a body full of bruising is not at risk, IMO the social workers did what past social workers did in these cases and took the easy way out to avoid confrontation.

You don't know any of this, which is why an inquiry will take place. Also the point has already been made that lockdown conditions meant it was harder for social workers to go into houses of people, like this. There is a report here, which is looks at that very challenge that many social workers had to face to enable their work to be done. Then there is the manipulative nature of the woman involved in this case. But yes, let's just blame it all on the social workers, rather than look at the government and its underfunding of social care nationally, or the fact that many social workers have left the job, leaving a huge burden on those who are left to do the job. Maybe the question we should be asking is why does this country have so many at risk in the first place?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 5, 2021, 02:53:33 pm »
Sorry, this is all sorts of wrong to me. Nothing to do with the two killers, but I definitively don't want sentencing by mob rule, and I also don't want parliament to decide sentences. The justice system and the political system have to be independent.

Have to agree with this. It's always tempting in horrific cases like to this to argue for exceptions for the death penalty, or for harsher sentences, but these things should be set by the judges, and the laws around it made in the cold light of day and not changed on a whim because of one case.