Author Topic: Things to do in Liverpool for kids  (Read 6632 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: Things to do in Liverpool for kids
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2021, 03:07:58 pm »
Make sure you check the tide information on the board by the entrance to the beach (the entrance nearest to Morrisons).  It gives you the safe times to walk over to the island and back again.

also available here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast-and-sea/tide-tables/5/461

We are off a week Monday if the weather is decent

Offline Jebediah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2021, 09:00:09 pm »
Martin mere was boss. Rented the canoes (£9 for 3 people) and did pond dipping (free). That, together with walking around and feeding all the ducks and geese, and watching feeding time for the otters and flamingoes, meant that the kids were happy for over 4 hours. From there we went to Southport and played crazy golf, walked on the pier, and wasted a few quid on the 2p slot machines. A great day.

Back in Liverpool, we have been sending the kids to lessons at Awesome Walls. They love it, and we don't have anything like it by us. Tomorrow we have our pre flight PCR tests in town and are going to go for a walk around the docks. Apparently, the Tate has arts and crafts stuff for kids, so will check that out.

Hilbre Island never quite worked out, but it is top of the list for next year.

Thanks for all the advice. Liverpool has been great as ever, and we feel very blessed to have got to spent time with family, when so many people have been deprived. Israel is rapidly locking down again amid super high infection rates, so who knows what we are headed back to, but at least we will have our 4 kilos of chocolate and 20 packs of salt and vinegar crisps to keep us company!
An elevator can only go up and down, but a Wonkavator goes sideways and slantways and longways and backways and frontways and squareways and any other ways that you can think of...
Proud to be part of the LFC family

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2023, 11:55:33 pm »
Went to quirky quarter yesterday, highly recommend it. staff are ace and loads of weird stuff and photo opportunities ( need to take phone or camera).

Is quirky quarter a 100% kids thing?

My missus has booked for me and her to go next Sunday afternoon for a laugh.  Hope I'm not going to look too dodgy attending!

Might drag our 3 year old Grandson along as a safety net :)

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2023, 04:41:40 pm »

My missus has booked for me and her to go next Sunday afternoon for a laugh.  Hope I'm not going to look too dodgy attending!

Might drag our 3 year old Grandson along as a safety net :)

Had never heard of that. Looks good. That new place in L1 is opening soon. Not sure if it’s kid friendly but plenty going on in it.  https://gravity-global.com/max/liverpool?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt_WE9YmWgAMV_IlQBh00RQBEEAAYASAAEgKrk_D_BwE

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2023, 01:23:09 pm »

Sorry for quoting myself, guys. But after our visit there, I can confirm that Quirky Quarter (on Duke Street up towards the Cathedral) is so much fun for both adults and older kids alike.

Great place to visit on those rainy days (of which we have many).  Has a nice 'twilight zone' atmospheric feel to the place.

Loads of interesting stuff and fun photo opportunities.  Upside-down rooms, 3D illusions, Hall of Mirrors.

As others have said too, the staff there are so helpful and informative. 

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #45 on: September 8, 2023, 01:37:02 pm »
Anyone in the Liverpool area on Sunday [10th September], bus reservation group Merseyside Transport Trust are having a running day using heritage buses, most of the services are between 10am & 5pm, operating various routes mostly Aigburth Vale-James Street

https://www.mttrust.org.uk/
« Last Edit: September 8, 2023, 02:45:29 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages