Author Topic: Next European Away?  (Read 61689 times)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Re: Next European Away?
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2021, 01:04:18 pm »
Going to be hard as different countries have different rules and they change often so how can anyone say in advance
We are a team of one half.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2021, 09:48:49 am »
No chance especially with case numbers

Couldn't agree more. There will be no chance of Euro aways until the last 16 at the very earliest in my book

It'll be lucky if there's full stadiums anywhere in UK come October in my opinion

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2021, 10:31:42 am »
Europe is now catching up with us in having a delta wave. There might be some countries which probably don't care at all, but you'd probably end up needing to isolate after anyway and I'm not sure any of us think that's proportionate for 90 minutes of football lol.
YNWA.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2021, 07:39:08 pm »
I can see fans outside of the U.K. being granted access easier for example Spain or Germany.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2021, 12:22:38 pm »
Hopefully double jabbed supporters can travel to some countries... we'll see

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2021, 01:33:15 pm »
Hopefully double jabbed supporters can travel to some countries... we'll see
.....waits for the tantrums.....

They mentioned October on the news before so obviously some won't get their 2nd yet

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2021, 10:31:12 am »
Looks like Spain is back to full capacity, so that could be a possibility depending on the travel situation...

Not sure on the other major leagues.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2021, 11:05:19 am »
I doubt I'll bother as if got the covid whilst over there, I'd not be allowed back for 10days or whatever it is, meaning no pay from work.
Or having to isolate on return - again - no pay and can't wfh.
So unless it's a country where they won't make me stay, nor have to do anything on the way back, nor change the rules half way though, this could just be too much of a gamble.
If I understand all the rules as they are - not sure I do to be honest.
Also normally I book well in advance, but even that seems a daft risk now, as a country could change rules and status.
And then also I sometimes go via different countries, which again confuses it.
And testing before, during and after - what a faff - only sometimes go for 2 days!

I miss it though!
Who knows? Not sure all my info is up to date. Any thoughts?

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2021, 07:47:08 am »
Even  the fact and I’m sure I’m right you will have to be tested in the country your in for your return to the uk makes it prohibitive for a such a short visit , trying to find a test centre the day of the match or before (possibly  your day of arrival ) makes it a real pain , even without the match short European city breaks are just too much hassle at the moment . Think only a four night stay minimum might make it worthwhile , I’m like you missing it so much as well .

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2021, 10:40:04 am »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/uefa-champions-league-fans-liverpool-21242568

Will be unlikely there'll be away fans at European games for the rest of this year

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2021, 04:01:33 am »
Even  the fact and I’m sure I’m right you will have to be tested in the country your in for your return to the uk makes it prohibitive for a such a short visit , trying to find a test centre the day of the match or before (possibly  your day of arrival ) makes it a real pain , even without the match short European city breaks are just too much hassle at the moment . Think only a four night stay minimum might make it worthwhile , I’m like you missing it so much as well .
For Amber and green you only need a lateral flow test and can order it in the uk and take it with you. Take the test, send a photo of the result with your passport to the company who provided the test kit, and they send you the official negative certificate that you need.

Won’t be happy if uefa say no to away fans though. Should be down to the individual countries and their health departments. Uefa have no clue about any of this, they’re a football governing body, and don’t even do that particularly well.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2021, 11:34:38 am »
No away fans for England away games in September

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2021, 08:35:38 pm »
For Amber and green you only need a lateral flow test and can order it in the uk and take it with you. Take the test, send a photo of the result with your passport to the company who provided the test kit, and they send you the official negative certificate that you need.

Won’t be happy if uefa say no to away fans though. Should be down to the individual countries and their health departments. Uefa have no clue about any of this, they’re a football governing body, and don’t even do that particularly well.

Don’t think that’s right Mark , it’s not lateral flow tests it’s PCR which are not instant but take around 24 hours for the result , Amber you dont need to quarantine on arrival back in the uk but you also need a two day test after back in the uk , these are around £40 -£60 each .

Italy for example allows you in but you must quarantine for five days on arrival , the majority of aways  are for two nights and it just seems too much hassle for such a short stay .

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2021, 07:57:39 am »
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

Just checked here and it’s definitely either PCR or Lateral flow for traveling back to the UK. It also says that if you’re leaving the UK and coming back within 3 days, you can take the test you need before you leave the UK which would definitely work on a 2 night trip. It is PCR for day 2 and 5 once back in the UK though. Not possible for everyone still, but definitely doable.

There’s then people like me (probably not loads tbf) who don't actually live in the UK. I can travel to most of the places we could end up playing without having to do any test or quarantine getting in because of double vaccination, and just have to do one PCR before I leave, which is fine because I’d usually go for 3/4 days anyway given the 6/7/8 hour flights. Most of the European team’s supporters would have barely any restrictions on them either for most games.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2021, 02:21:23 pm »
Surely they could still sell tickets to Liverpool fans based in those countries even if people can't travel?

I imagine it wouldn't be hard for us to sell an away allocation in a lot of countries.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2021, 02:23:02 pm »
Cue the club getting address change requests for the country that game is being played in from Reds here ;)

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2021, 09:32:07 am »
Mandatory 10 Day Quarantine for anyone travelling from UK to Netherlands ( andv its enforced)...so don't start planning if we get Ajax

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2021, 09:34:53 am »
No one's going to be planning anything as we don't know whether UEFA will allow away fans to travel yet.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2021, 09:41:52 am »
No one's going to be planning anything as we don't know whether UEFA will allow away fans to travel yet.

Well I'm.planning to go to Ajax away if we get them deffo

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2021, 10:14:09 am »

I’m planning. Already checked entry requirements, flights, etc. for most destinations. Some good possibilities for the double jabbed. Moldova a real possibility. Just need UEFA to bend but got to plan for them doing so rather than sitting on my hands.
Long live the King

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2021, 10:52:32 am »
They'll be plenty travelling regardless if they can get into the ground or not.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2021, 06:12:34 pm »
Atletico
Liverpool
Porto
AC Milan

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2021, 06:13:23 pm »
Happy to miss out on Porto and Madrid though both cool cities. Not being able to go to the San Siro again will be a bit shit though.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2021, 06:17:01 pm »
Looking at the rules, Milan is technically possible if you drive into the country you have 36 hours without needing to self isolate.

Hopefully rules will start to relax before then
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2021, 11:47:04 pm »
I can't imagine us being allowed to go (officially) until R2 at least. Some great home ties there but just glad I have been to them (albeit we played Inter not AC) so I don't mind. And I certainly didn't miss the stress of getting them all booked (or won't tomorrow)

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2021, 08:36:30 am »
As it currently stands, if someone from the UK flies to Italy, they would have to self isolate in their hotel for five days prior to being able to go out and about. I'm desperate to do Milan away but I couldn't take that long off work. Not to mention the cost of the extra nights at the hotel. Hopefully, the rules change by the time of LFC's visit...

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2021, 10:14:02 am »
I think it's a good thing 2/3 of those fixtures most of us have probably already been to dependent on age I guess. Would've been nice to see San Siro before they knock it down, but they seem to keep delaying the demolition date so maybe we'll still have a chance in the near future.

that said, Porto is a really gorgeous city so it'd have been a nice couple days break again.
YNWA.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2021, 10:29:49 am »
I think it's a good thing 2/3 of those fixtures most of us have probably already been to dependent on age I guess. Would've been nice to see San Siro before they knock it down, but they seem to keep delaying the demolition date so maybe we'll still have a chance in the near future.

that said, Porto is a really gorgeous city so it'd have been a nice couple days break again.

You're not missing much, its like a giant Chinese restaurant from the outside.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2021, 02:59:23 pm »
As it currently stands, if someone from the UK flies to Italy, they would have to self isolate in their hotel for five days prior to being able to go out and about. I'm desperate to do Milan away but I couldn't take that long off work. Not to mention the cost of the extra nights at the hotel. Hopefully, the rules change by the time of LFC's visit...

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements
Yeah - it says those rules apply up to 30 August.....but, doesn't say what happens after that date. to be honest though, I can't see it getting less restrictive anytime soon with case numbers, hospitalisations etc on the increase here.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2021, 09:25:32 pm »
You're not missing much, its like a giant Chinese restaurant from the outside.

;D yeah, i've gathered from playing fifa a bit too much. just a nice one to tick off to be honest
YNWA.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2021, 09:38:20 pm »
Gona be gutted if we end up needing a point or three at the San Siro and I can't go. Not too arsed apart from that.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2021, 09:57:23 pm »
Are fans even going to be allowed to travel to Porto?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2021, 10:05:39 pm »
Gona be gutted if we end up needing a point or three at the San Siro and I can't go. Not too arsed apart from that.

Fuck it, just taken a punt on a flight out for £18.

Will worry about flight back and that after I find out whether I can go.

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2021, 10:06:33 pm »
Are fans even going to be allowed to travel to Porto?

We’re allowed to travel to Portugal, just need negative test or vaccination certificate but doubt away fans will be allowed at the game, hoping we are tho

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2021, 10:10:50 pm »
30 quid for return to Milan. Took a punt san siro prob only ground I’ve not done that I want to see before it’s flattened. Whether or not I’ll get there 🤷🏼‍♂️

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Frankie Carbone... Freddy No Nose... "Naby Keita is a shithouse, pass it on."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2021, 10:26:45 pm »
What allocation would we normally get at the san siro?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2021, 11:05:22 pm »
What allocation would we normally get at the san siro?

Uusally 5% so about 4,000

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2021, 11:11:27 pm »
Wouldn't bother for home end for Milan. They ask for a copy of the non away teams country passport in order to book. Plus 50% capacity

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2021, 11:32:52 pm »
Just booked Porto and Madrid £90 each for both trips but wether we will be allowed in is another matter , supposed to be going sorrento in September for a short break so hoping for the five day quarantine to Italy to change in the next few days if it does will miss the home Milan Match

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2021, 07:52:11 pm »
Italy getting rid of quarantine for UK people from end of the month. That's one step! though a lot can change till December anyway.