Author Topic: Stevie Gerrard - The Manager Watch  (Read 159999 times)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Re: Rangers 2018/2019 - Stevie Gerrard Watch
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2018, 10:21:41 pm »
Well he's already ahead of Neville because he actually won a game.

He won two! Neville is dust!
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2018, 10:23:10 pm »
He won two! Neville is dust!

Ha! 2 games, Neville just can't compete. I'm sure he's trying to analyze how he did it though.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2018, 08:06:37 am »
Was a bit of a test for him & Rangers yesterday, 7 of his signings starting, tricky tie away in Croatia, a country who are on a bit of a high footballing wise, thought they did well in the circumstances. Plenty room for improvement on the ball but the main noticeable thing was they defence actually stood up to a bit of a test last night, whereas in recent times they might have folded. Pleasing to see. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 08:24:00 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2018, 08:08:19 am »
Not sure if true but they say Osijek had 3-4 first team players missing due to injury at first leg. Looks like 2nd match will be a battle.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2018, 08:17:34 am »
Pep Lijinders said one of the reasons he failed in the Netherlands as a manager was (in a nutshell) trying quickly to teach smart dressage to a group of cart horses.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2018, 10:10:09 am »
Pep Lijinders said one of the reasons he failed in the Netherlands as a manager was (in a nutshell) trying quickly to teach smart dressage to a group of cart horses.

Makes sense. Keeping it simple, and not trying to be some kind of revolutionary football demigod, it's what you should do in the beginning of your career. The positive result against Osijek is very good for Stevie.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2018, 01:59:03 pm »
Ha! 2 games, Neville just can't compete. I'm sure he's trying to analyze how he did it though.

Goalkeeping errors.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2018, 02:06:06 pm »
Hopefully Stevie does well enough to secure a job in a proper league, he's far too good for that glorified pub league, as are Ovie, and Ryan.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2018, 02:39:44 pm »
Hopefully Stevie does well enough to secure a job in a proper league, he's far too good for that glorified pub league, as are Ovie, and Ryan.

Bit of a weird statement, as has been said to you before, we know you don't rate the SPL, but considering Stevie has only managed U18 football before, and Ejaria & Kent hardly excelled in their last loans, it's a bit strange to say they are too good for the league.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2018, 02:43:45 pm »
Bit of a weird statement, as has been said to you before, we know you don't rate the SPL, but considering Stevie has only managed U18 football before, and Ejaria & Kent hardly excelled in their last loans, it's a bit strange to say they are too good for the league.

Not only that but I would argue in terms of goldfish bowl environment he’s at one of the top 10 clubs in Britain.

If he does well with rangers he’ll have succeeded under huge pressure which can only be good for us if we want him post Jurgen

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2018, 03:55:07 pm »
I can see him being our manager in the future after proper experience

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2018, 08:36:26 pm »
beat Wigan 3-0 in a friendly today, no liverpool goal scorers,

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2018, 08:21:02 am »
beat Wigan 3-0 in a friendly today, no liverpool goal scorers,

Still yet to concede a goal, although the quality of opposition isn't great, it's been a far cry so far from the defending in the last pre Gerrard game at Easter Road (5-5). 2nd leg of the European game midweek then a belter at Aberdeen to start the league season as a very decent opening test.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2018, 08:26:26 am »

Well Silva is fucked because Finch Farm certainly isn't the Viennese Spanish Riding School.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2018, 12:38:48 pm »
Unbeaten in 6
yet to concede a goal

Not bad Stevie Lad  ;)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2018, 12:50:28 pm »
Unbeaten in 6
yet to concede a goal

Not bad Stevie Lad  ;)

Doing alright isn`t he. The big pressure will come as the season proper gets going and the pressure to win pretty much every game, such is the divide between celtic, rangers and the rest. There is also a hefty step up to celtic as well that he needs to overcome. Nevertheless he couldn`t have wished for a better start. Keep it going stevie lad and one day you will be home
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2018, 05:11:42 pm »
Doing alright isn`t he. The big pressure will come as the season proper gets going and the pressure to win pretty much every game, such is the divide between celtic, rangers and the rest. There is also a hefty step up to celtic as well that he needs to overcome. Nevertheless he couldn`t have wished for a better start. Keep it going stevie lad and one day you will be home

Thing is they won’t be expecting him to win the league in his first season, couldn’t happen anyway given the gulf in squad qualities with Celtic. So in a way he gets a free ride. And if he can get a win or two over Celtic it’s a bonus.

An early exit in Europe wouldn’t be great but given Rangers recent record their I suppose getting through to the the tournament stages proper would be an improvement.

Pressure starts properly in his second season.

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2018, 06:48:42 pm »
Just like their pals in green they are a horrible club with horrible fans. One cheek of the same dirty arse that is the uglies. Cannot get my head round SG going there to be honest. King (their chairman or something) is a crook and yet again they are spending more than they get in and are living off soft loans from board members. If he has a slow start in the league the orcs will be on his case quick.

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2018, 06:50:12 pm »
Thing is they won’t be expecting him to win the league in his first season, couldn’t happen anyway given the gulf in squad qualities with Celtic. So in a way he gets a free ride. And if he can get a win or two over Celtic it’s a bonus.

An early exit in Europe wouldn’t be great but given Rangers recent record their I suppose getting through to the the tournament stages proper would be an improvement.

Pressure starts properly in his second season.

Yes they are. They really believe they've bought players to challenge the other cheek. Delusional doesn't begin to describe them.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2018, 06:50:31 pm »

Lol he’s done nothing of note yet to prove he’s too good of a manager for the SPL. Let’s give him at least a season at the helm before we start making statements like that, shall we?
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2018, 06:58:04 pm »

Ummmm... it's preseason :D

We'll get a better picture this weekend, though!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2018, 06:58:56 pm »

To be fair European games have gone well for him too

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2018, 07:02:00 pm »
To be fair European games have gone well for him too

They have indeed. I can see him getting them into the group stages of the Europa. But he'll be judged on his domestic performance by his own supporters.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2018, 07:07:27 pm »
They have indeed. I can see him getting them into the group stages of the Europa. But he'll be judged on his domestic performance by his own supporters.

Oh agree but a decent Europa run will buy him some serious time I think

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2018, 08:22:30 pm »
Oh agree but a decent Europa run will buy him some serious time I think

I don't know if they'll get out of the group stages, though :D

Celtic's transfer activity seems to be non-existent. They're still by far the better team but lack of players in could see the gap tighten between them and the pack, rather than widen as Celtic fans seem to expect.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2018, 08:23:26 pm »
I don't know if they'll get out of the group stages, though :D

Celtic's transfer activity seems to be non-existent. They're still by far the better team but lack of players in could see the gap tighten between them and the pack, rather than widen as Celtic fans seem to expect.

Decent for them is get to the group stage ;D

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 2, 2018, 08:12:55 am »

You feel threatened by Gerrard, don't you, mr.Rodgers?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #67 on: August 2, 2018, 08:20:51 am »

Stevie v Clarkie in the next round of the League Cup.

I thought group winners were meant to be seeded for the next round. So how do Killie draw a "European" team?

Should be an interesting indicator for the season in terms of managers and players.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 2, 2018, 09:05:20 am »
Stevie v Clarkie in the next round of the League Cup.

I thought group winners were meant to be seeded for the next round. So how do Killie draw a "European" team?

Should be an interesting indicator for the season in terms of managers and players.

I assume it's something to do with this?

The winners of each of the eight groups, as well as the four best runners-up will progress to the second round (last 16), which will include the four UEFA qualifying clubs. At this stage, the competition will revert to the traditional knock-out format. The four group winners with the highest points total and the clubs entering at this stage will be seeded, with the four group winners with the lowest points unseeded along with the four best runners-up.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 2, 2018, 09:10:27 am »

The winners of each of the eight groups, as well as the four best runners-up will progress to the second round (last 16), which will include the four UEFA qualifying clubs. At this stage, the competition will revert to the traditional knock-out format. The four group winners with the highest points total and the clubs entering at this stage will be seeded, with the four group winners with the lowest points unseeded along with the four best runners-up.

I see. Cheers.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 2, 2018, 09:12:37 am »

I see. Cheers.

its unlucky that isnt it? won the group without losing a match and still didnt get enough points to be one of the four highest. presume they lost the match they drew after 90 mins on penalties?

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 2, 2018, 09:57:19 am »
I see. Cheers.

I had to look that up to check Killie. Constant format changes means i'm lost just now with regards to competitions!

Interesting game this for Rangers tonight. Some wind up noises coming out of Croatia from the first leg, from their players saying they are a better team accross the board & rather weirdly calling Gerrard a tiny man, to their boss having a bit of a dig at Rangers striker Morelos. Gerrard is demanding an aggressive fast start tonight saying the players were to passive in the first half of the friendly vs Wigan. Lets see if they can deliver on his words.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 2, 2018, 10:43:17 am »
Tonight's match will be much harder than many think imo. 1-0 is still quite dangerous especially if you concede at home. Given Osijek had 5-6 starters missing in first match, this will be a battle.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 2, 2018, 04:01:33 pm »
its unlucky that isnt it? won the group without losing a match and still didnt get enough points to be one of the four highest. presume they lost the match they drew after 90 mins on penalties?

Yep, St.Mirren I think, who then didn't go on to win the group somehow.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 2, 2018, 04:02:54 pm »
I had to look that up to check Killie. Constant format changes means i'm lost just now with regards to competitions!

Interesting game this for Rangers tonight. Some wind up noises coming out of Croatia from the first leg, from their players saying they are a better team accross the board & rather weirdly calling Gerrard a tiny man, to their boss having a bit of a dig at Rangers striker Morelos. Gerrard is demanding an aggressive fast start tonight saying the players were to passive in the first half of the friendly vs Wigan. Lets see if they can deliver on his words.

What does that even mean?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 2, 2018, 08:20:31 pm »
Rangers players seem a bit nervous to me. If they get that 1st goal, they should win comfortably though.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 2, 2018, 08:28:42 pm »
Be interesting to see how this rangers team develops under Stevie. Looks like he's got alot of work to do.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 2, 2018, 08:43:33 pm »
Who are they playing again if they make it to next round?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 2, 2018, 08:51:49 pm »
Who are they playing again if they make it to next round?

The winner of Chikhura Sachkhere v Maribor. Maribor are winning 1-0 both in the game and on aggregate with 10 minutes left of the match.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 2, 2018, 08:57:29 pm »
And that's Rangers through. Two more rounds to go before the group stages, I think?