Author Topic: Lucas  (Read 143677 times)

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Lucas
« Reply #1000 on: February 5, 2020, 04:13:10 pm »
Yeah, following Lazio purely because of him and he still has a great way about him when it comes to the fans - current and past.  :thumbup

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1001 on: February 5, 2020, 08:05:28 pm »
Very underrated and very unassuming player. Its hard to hate him.

He deserves a testimonial. Its weird that the club would refuse a testimonial.  Feel sorry for the lad actually.

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #1002 on: February 11, 2020, 10:49:03 pm »
My favourite memory of Lucas was him matching the dabbing gobshite at Utd for assists playing at CB in his last season with us.   
Klopp that!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1003 on: February 12, 2020, 01:04:15 pm »
I just loved him getting cheeky toe pokes in to dispossess the opposition when he was a DM... really fun to see, especially against City. You'd worry they got past him, and the ball gets nicked  ;D

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: February 12, 2020, 01:07:23 pm »
That City game where he had Toure in one pocket and Silva in the other. Nearly went on and set up the winner for Suarez too.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnjf4n?retry
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 01:11:06 pm by groove »

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: February 12, 2020, 02:18:11 pm »
Will always remember Lucas fondly. For a couple of years, he seemed to be the only consistently good performer in our side. It's a shame he experienced his best days during such a crap time, the Lucas Leiva of 2011 would do a great job at the base of a midfield in a Klopp side.

I was worried that his knee ligament and hamstring injuries had ruined his chances at playing at a high level once he left us, so it's great to see him doing so well for a top side.

That knee ligament injury was total bollocks as well - didn't he just get caught by a trailing foot?

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: February 17, 2020, 01:55:17 am »
Massive result tonight, beating Inter 2-1 after that spunk Young took the lead.

Can Lazio (and Lucas) spank Juve (and Ronaldo)

I think its happening. Wouldn't it be nice.  :scarf

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: February 17, 2020, 04:59:57 am »
Massive result tonight, beating Inter 2-1 after that spunk Young took the lead.

Can Lazio (and Lucas) spank Juve (and Ronaldo)

I think its happening. Wouldn't it be nice.  :scarf

Over a season? Remains to be seen. In a one off game? Lazio have had a decent record against Juventus since Lucas went there, P7 W4 D0 L3 (Lazio hadn't won a single game against them in 5 years before that).
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Risto

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1008 on: February 29, 2020, 07:28:30 pm »
Gone top of the league with Lazio now. Good luck to him.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: December 8, 2020, 07:24:15 pm »
Spotted Lucas on the team sheet tonight with Lazio vs Brugge in CL. Looks like they will go through with Dortmund - probably topping their group.

Still doing well - 92 games for Lazio - only 2 goals (he only scored 1 for us).

well done lad.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55219557

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1010 on: December 8, 2020, 07:59:20 pm »
Spotted Lucas on the team sheet tonight with Lazio vs Brugge in CL. Looks like they will go through with Dortmund - probably topping their group.

Still doing well - 92 games for Lazio - only 2 goals (he only scored 1 for us).

well done lad.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55219557
Would have been 2 with that fantastic top corner shot against Everton spoken about for decades if only that prick Neville hadn't saved it with his 6-fingered hand. A famous derby winner (came on for Gerrard I think, raised a few eyebrows) vs a forgotten goal against Havant & Waterlooville.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #1011 on: December 9, 2020, 02:48:21 pm »
Would have been 2 with that fantastic top corner shot against Everton spoken about for decades if only that prick Neville hadn't saved it with his 6-fingered hand. A famous derby winner (came on for Gerrard I think, raised a few eyebrows) vs a forgotten goal against Havant & Waterlooville.

He actually scored 7 goals for us in all competitions

https://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/1180

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: December 9, 2020, 02:51:56 pm »

Scored a great goal against Benfica, rounding the goalkeeper.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: December 9, 2020, 10:21:09 pm »

Genuinely shocked but given the years of some of those, realise why I missed them completely.

Lazio nowhere near top of my list for the last 16, but it'd be nice to welcome him back at Anfield.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2020, 10:22:56 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: December 9, 2020, 11:48:22 pm »
Genuinely shocked but given the years of some of those, realise why I missed them completely.

Lazio nowhere near top of my list for the last 16, but it'd be nice to welcome him back at Anfield.

Immobile thinks Lazio can match anyone in the last 16, as long as they don't draw Bayern or Liverpool.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: December 10, 2020, 03:42:20 pm »

Who would be top of your list in last 16?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: January 9, 2022, 12:36:11 pm »
Happy birthday lucas!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1017 on: March 8, 2022, 07:12:00 am »
Five years after his move to Lazio, his admiration of Klopp is undiminished. “First of all, he’s a fantastic human being — a great man, very honest,” Lucas nods. “I learned a lot in the two years I spent with him. I took a lot of the advice he gave me. As soon as he arrived at the club, we could feel, we could smell, things were changing and that the great moments of Liverpool would be back.”

What Lucas appreciated about Klopp was how he handled the end of his time on Merseyside. He was straight up with Lucas who always knew where he stood. The sincerity of Klopp’s approach earned his respect. “When Jurgen arrived at the club, as I said, we felt things were changing. For myself, I felt the same. Probably my time at the club was coming to an end. I was playing a little less so sometimes I was frustrated. I remember speaking with him one day and he said: ‘Lucas, sometimes I cannot say what you want to hear, you know’. That’s the sentence I remember because sometimes it is hard to listen to something that you don’t want but it’s better because then it makes you improve and think about it. So that’s something I carry with me to this day and like I say it was great to work with him. Our relationship is still very good and that’s what matters in the end.”

https://theathletic.com/3165009/2022/03/08/lucas-leiva-anfield-on-champions-league-nights-is-beautiful-it-gives-players-10-more-motivation/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1018 on: March 8, 2022, 12:37:46 pm »
I love the wee little man... ;D

I know that he's actually not little, he's one centimetre taller than me, but for me he'll always be the young kid playing in our midfield. ;)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: March 8, 2022, 01:04:00 pm »

I know that he's actually not little, he's one centimetre taller than me, but for me he'll always be the young kid playing in our midfield. ;)

By the end of his time here - who didn't love lucas?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1020 on: March 8, 2022, 01:51:55 pm »
Also this from the same article:

Lazio’s mini-Liverpool contingent never watches alone. “We’re together a lot,” Lucas tells The Athletic. They’re still fans. Always will be. “Liverpool is a part of my life.”
After a decade at Anfield, how could it be any other way? Lucas may have left five years ago but Liverpool are as present as ever. There is no past tense. “I still follow them a lot and now I’m a very lucky supporter,” he smiles, “because we have won a lot of titles recently.”

Love how he says ‘we have won’ like a proper fan :)  Lucas is always part of the LFC family.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1021 on: March 8, 2022, 01:53:51 pm »
Bosscas...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ThoroughlyMediocre

• Main Stander
« Reply #1022 on: March 8, 2022, 01:54:17 pm »
Named my son after him  ;D

Wife didn't find out until he was ten - had to do a school assignment and asked where his name came from. She wasn't thrilled...

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1023 on: March 8, 2022, 02:26:00 pm »
Love how he says ‘we have won’ like a proper fan :)  Lucas is always part of the LFC family.

I always wonder, if that's something unique to Liverpool FC. So many of our former players have a special connection to the club no matter where they went to when they left and how long ago it was. Do other clubs have those kind of players as well and I just don't hear about them, because I generally avoid football news and social media?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1024 on: March 8, 2022, 02:31:52 pm »
I always wonder, if that's something unique to Liverpool FC. So many of our former players have a special connection to the club no matter where they went to when they left and how long ago it was. Do other clubs have those kind of players as well and I just don't hear about them, because I generally avoid football news and social media?

There defo seems a very strong thing with Liverpool, can’t be a coincidence!

Like you I wouldn’t know how it is, certainly not with other English clubs, but I see sort of similar with Dortmund. Not to the same degree maybe, but a similar thing - a real bond.  I think it’s not just the football thing, there seems a real connection to the area and people with a lot of these players/coaches too. 

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: March 8, 2022, 02:32:44 pm »

For me, he'll always be the young lad who was robbed of a derby goal by Phil Neville on his debut. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1026 on: March 8, 2022, 02:55:53 pm »
Named my son after him  ;D

Wife didn't find out until he was ten - had to do a school assignment and asked where his name came from. She wasn't thrilled...

Well, if you go calling your children Leiva, it's likely to come out at some point  ;)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1028 on: May 26, 2022, 12:40:10 pm »

Lucas played his last game for Lazio in the 3-3 draw vs Verona on the 21st May, helping Lazio finish 5th in Serie A, and one place above Roma ;D.  He's now a free agent.

'After five seasons, Lucas Leiva says goodbye to Lazio. In all, there were 198 matches, with four goals, 12 assists, a lot of determination and dedication, and the Supercoppa titles in 2017 and 2019 and the Coppa Italia in 2019. Thank you for everything, @LucasLeiva87!':-

https://twitter.com/SSLazioBrasil/status/1528382603035918337

a 1 minute tribute video of his time at Lazio - https://twitter.com/LucasLeiva87/status/1528420551504568322

« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 12:44:08 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1029 on: May 26, 2022, 03:27:25 pm »
Always looked good when I saw him for Lazio. Glad he went somewhere he the fans really liked him and he got regular football. Was a big fan of him myself so it was nice to see. Hopefully stays on a couple of years as opposed to hanging up his boots now.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: May 27, 2022, 08:43:15 am »
Can't believe he's been there 5 years!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1031 on: May 27, 2022, 11:45:14 am »
Great stuff :) His cruelly denied winner in the derby is still fresh in my mind, can't believe it was so long ago.

Heartening to see Lazio appreciated him as well.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: May 28, 2022, 01:42:36 pm »
He's in Paris.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1033 on: May 29, 2022, 10:11:00 pm »
Was being stopped every ten seconds by fans outside the ground and was only too happy to let them take pictures. Well done Lucas

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: June 27, 2022, 02:44:50 pm »
He's rejoined Gremio. Best of luck to him.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1035 on: June 27, 2022, 05:38:44 pm »
Good luck at Gremio Lucas

Hope he told SMS to join us before he left Lazio

Offline AcesHigh

• Main Stander
  • Chora macaco imundo, nunca ganhou de ninguém!
« Reply #1036 on: June 28, 2022, 03:27:27 am »
would you guys maybe say that the two most important Brazilian players at Liverpool's FC  history were Lucas and Alisson?

Not sure if you agree with that, but anyway, somewhat of a coincidence as each one played for one of the sides of the Porto Alegre clubs, Grêmio and Internacional, which many say is the biggest derby in Brazil (GreNal), since 1909.

Hello from Alisson's city, Novo Hamburgo.
Even on foot we will go, whatever happens, but the certain is that we will be, with Grêmio, wherever Grêmio is.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1037 on: June 28, 2022, 11:39:15 am »
^ has to be Bobby, Alisson, and Fab doesn’t it because of the titles.
Anyway good luck Lucas and good luck Gremio.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1038 on: June 28, 2022, 12:16:35 pm »
^ has to be Bobby, Alisson, and Fab doesn’t it because of the titles.
Anyway good luck Lucas and good luck Gremio.

Agreed

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1039 on: June 28, 2022, 12:39:27 pm »
He's rejoined Gremio. Best of luck to him.

Yeah, saw this pop up on social media yesterday (at some point, I seem to have followed the Gremio account!) - no doubt he'd have liked to have won more during his career and represented his country more often (that 2011-12 injury really did seem to affect his career even if he continued to offer a lot of us & Lazio afterwards), but that's such a feel-good (presumably) final move for him. Slight shame to see that Gremio were relegated last year, as I thought they usually competed towards the sharp end - hopefully Lucas can help them secure a swift return.

Looking forward to seeing him back at Anfield representing the Legends side in the not too distant future.