Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 320157 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #5280 on: December 15, 2021, 11:23:20 am »
Another option could be to have a “pre draft draft” ;D and get those involved to pick their 4 clubs from the whole list? Teams will effectively be seeded from that point of view too.
Unconventional, but interesting idea, which could work. Based on 12 competitors, I actually came up with the following draft combo and selection orders (Number is pot from which the drafter can select) -

2,3,4,4 (4 Wildcards)
2,3,4,4 (4 Wildcards)
2,3,3,4 (3 Wildcards)
2,3,3,4 (3 Wildcards)
2,2,3,4 (2 wildcards)
2,2,3,4 (2 wildcards)
2,2,3,4 (2 wildcards)
1,3,3,4 (1 wildcard)
1,3,3,4 (1 wildcard)
1,3,3,4 (1 wildcard)
1,3,3,4 (1 wildcard)

There's potential to massage this if people want to add more teams to pot one, or alternatively, it means those who get a Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc won't be able to pair them with a Southampton or a Spurs etc.

However Adz, I do like your idea - it takes the thought process of above out of it a bit and allows the drafters to essentially rank the teams. The issue would be, this does remove the chance of those lower down the draft order getting at least one fully usable team - imagine you're drafter 12, you're likely then picking someone like Everton and Leeds etc and hoping to cobble together enough good players  to match someone who's got Arsenal and then a Swansea etc - does it balance fairly and then how many wildcards do you allocate, does everyone get the same?

I do want to follow through on doing this draft but am more happy to wait until there's less attrition in a few weeks time or in the New Year.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5281 on: December 15, 2021, 11:24:50 am »
On the football fight draft - check out Portsmouth circa 2007. For an XI man set up, they would have been good in a brawl. Stoke in the Pulis years too.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5282 on: December 15, 2021, 06:23:15 pm »
On the football fight draft - check out Portsmouth circa 2007. For an XI man set up, they would have been good in a brawl. Stoke in the Pulis years too.

Wimbledon of the 80s.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5283 on: December 15, 2021, 06:24:21 pm »
Slam dunk for whoever picks Adebayo Akinfenwa.
Linudden.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5284 on: December 15, 2021, 10:03:01 pm »
Wimbledon of the 80s.
Or Revie-era 70s Leeds.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5285 on: December 15, 2021, 11:37:29 pm »
Or Revie-era 70s Leeds.

Mr Chopper Harris and a few lads from that era where angels ;D

The greatest name for a dirty bastard goes to, Genteli ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5286 on: December 16, 2021, 09:47:41 am »
Mr Chopper Harris and a few lads from that era where angels ;D

The greatest name for a dirty bastard goes to, Genteli ;D
I reckon you could make a dirty bastard XI that could play a bit:

Fashanu  Davies    Shearer

Bremner          Souness
                                          Stiles

Goikoetxea    Harris     Ramos
                                          Gentile

Schumacher

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5287 on: December 16, 2021, 12:24:15 pm »
Is someone doing something?  :D

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #5288 on: December 16, 2021, 12:38:58 pm »
I can probably run one in the new year, if someone has an idea for a non football draft but doesn't want to run it let me know.

Will let DS take on the next football draft as he looks like he has a plan!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5289 on: December 16, 2021, 12:43:42 pm »
I'm happy to run the seeded draft from Monday with sign ups soon, but it feels like there's not too much appetite and realistically it needs 10-12 to make it a decent go.

I'm happy to gauge interest and see where it goes.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #5290 on: December 16, 2021, 12:50:01 pm »
It’s a great idea and I morally have to defend my title, so I’m in. But the thing is, we just done a PL draft, so maybe that’s why there hasn’t been much interest.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5291 on: December 16, 2021, 01:59:45 pm »
How about a "2nd Club in City" Draft? As in what we consider #2 tams in a city. So Atletico Madrid, Lazio, Everton etc.

5 clubs in total and all clubs must me used. Also an All Time Draft.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5292 on: December 16, 2021, 02:04:27 pm »
How about a "2nd Club in City" Draft? As in what we consider #2 tams in a city. So Atletico Madrid, Lazio, Everton etc.

5 clubs in total and all clubs must me used. Also an All Time Draft.

Not bad. Think you’d need a clearly defined second team, so for example not Milan where at times AC and Inter have been top dogs. Have Lazio been that much worse than Roma?

Atletico, Everton (or Spurs) all have the right balance of inferiority complex.

Someone like City would have been good but would now be too strong. And someone like 1860 Munich and maybe Espanyol would be too far the other way.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5293 on: December 16, 2021, 02:07:59 pm »
For the purpose of this draft Milan won't be considered even though I consider Inter the second team of that city.  :D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5294 on: December 16, 2021, 02:08:21 pm »
Yeah the seeded PL one is great but I'd sit on it for a little while after the last one!

I like the '2nd City' one. Maybe judge it on domestic titles as to who the 2nd club in the city is? I'd be tempted to just have that as a normal draft though rather than giving each person 3/4 teams.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5295 on: December 16, 2021, 02:31:32 pm »
Feel a bit footballed out with these, does anyone fancy a pop culture draft?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5296 on: December 16, 2021, 02:33:45 pm »
Simpsons character draft
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5297 on: December 16, 2021, 02:52:31 pm »

Don’t they get even more heated than the football ones!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5298 on: December 16, 2021, 03:10:21 pm »
Simpsons character draft
Yeah I'd go for this. US sitcom characters draft if you wanted it to be broader?

I think I agree on the seeded idea, maybe rehash in Jan or Feb when there's some distance with the last PL draft.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5299 on: December 16, 2021, 04:22:58 pm »

Could be tempted.

What are you thinking?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5300 on: December 16, 2021, 06:07:46 pm »
Not football.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5301 on: December 17, 2021, 11:52:45 pm »
None sporting drafts then, anyone got ideas?  :D

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5302 on: December 18, 2021, 05:13:01 pm »
None sporting drafts then, anyone got ideas?  :D

Lastrador had a cracking idea for a movie draft. Don't if he wants to run it

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #5303 on: December 21, 2021, 07:50:12 pm »
Lastrador had a cracking idea for a movie draft. Don't if he wants to run it
Happy to do it now that I have some days off work, although I don't think it garnered much attention when I first submitted it. This was it btw.

Btw I have an idea for a movie draft for another time. You have to produce a movie.

You're given a genre, and you have to come up with a basic premise, some movie references, and then you have to pick a director and a cast of 6 (1 or 2 leads, 4-5 supporting). To make it inclusive, but not overbearingly so, at least one member of the cast has to be a woman and another one non-white.

I'm also considering having to choose a screenwriter, DP, and a composer, although I know most people know three or four names of each at best, you could list their credits and put forward some references to show off their work. Like, let's say you pick Robby Müller as your DP. To most people, that name doesn't ring any bells, but if you list some of his credits:

Paris, Texas (Wenders, 1971),
Dead Man (Jarmush, 1995),
Breaking the Waves (von Trier, 1996)

Some shots for reference:

Then the fact that most people don't know his name doesn't really matter, it's his work that does. The same can be said for the other credits.

Open to any suggestions. I know it will take a lot of work and research by part of the drafters, but I think it can be really fun, creative and informative, and also a good way of sharing some of our favourites movies and references. If there is enough interest, I'll get working on it.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #5304 on: January 12, 2022, 11:31:18 am »
So... anyone want me to run one? Their idea or a simple Sheep/Classic draft?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5305 on: January 13, 2022, 10:59:48 pm »
RAWK has pissed me off so much tonight I want to do a draft. Get one going for fuck sakes.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5306 on: January 14, 2022, 02:12:00 pm »
I'd be up for Lastrador's movie draft. Something low stress that requires little research in any case.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #5307 on: January 23, 2022, 10:31:52 am »
Btw I have an idea for a movie draft for another time. You have to produce a movie.

You're given a genre, and you have to come up with a basic premise, some movie references, and then you have to pick a director and a cast of 6 (1 or 2 leads, 4-5 supporting). To make it inclusive, but not overbearingly so, at least one member of the cast has to be a woman and another one non-white.

I'm also considering having to choose a screenwriter, DP, and a composer, although I know most people know three or four names of each at best, you could list their credits and put forward some references to show off their work. Like, let's say you pick Robby Müller as your DP. To most people, that name doesn't ring any bells, but if you list some of his credits:

Paris, Texas (Wenders, 1971),
Dead Man (Jarmush, 1995),
Breaking the Waves (von Trier, 1996)

Some shots for reference:

Then the fact that most people don't know his name doesn't really matter, it's his work that does. The same can be said for the other credits.

Open to any suggestions. I know it will take a lot of work and research by part of the drafters, but I think it can be really fun, creative and informative, and also a good way of sharing some of our favourites movies and references. If there is enough interest, I'll get working on it.

Love this. Let's get cracking during the footie break
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5308 on: January 23, 2022, 09:20:37 pm »
Let's get one going now or two. We got a two week window.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5309 on: January 24, 2022, 08:37:38 pm »
Lads...

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5310 on: January 24, 2022, 09:38:55 pm »
Nothing mentioned so far interests me.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5311 on: January 24, 2022, 09:41:36 pm »
Nothing mentioned so far interests me.

Lastradors film thing. Will be good fun, Sarge

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5312 on: January 26, 2022, 04:06:58 pm »
It seems very few interest in that one. How about and i hate to say it "a football draft"?

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5313 on: January 30, 2022, 08:02:12 pm »
Ok i will start a Cricket draft who is in?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5314 on: January 31, 2022, 05:55:59 am »
Are you at silly mid on or off?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5315 on: January 31, 2022, 12:59:20 pm »
Happy to run the seeded draft from Tuesday next week if there's enough interest.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5316 on: February 6, 2022, 03:42:02 pm »
Rugby Union Draft?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5317 on: February 6, 2022, 03:45:01 pm »
Fuck Off!

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5318 on: February 6, 2022, 03:46:21 pm »
Fuck Off!

Oh shall we do a football one, again!!
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5319 on: February 6, 2022, 03:58:28 pm »
No, I just don't do Union.  ;D