Author Topic: Wildlife and Natural Places  (Read 45105 times)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Wildlife and Natural Places
« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2020, 10:57:46 pm »
Wow - superb photos. Thanks for posting.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2020, 07:53:00 am »
Patagonia looks spectacular. Thanks so much for these!
I went to all these places on a 30 day tour from Santiago to Buenos Aires via Ushuaia with a company called Dragoman. There's a lot more I could have included but this is already the longest post I've done on here and feels very self indulgent.
Please share some more if you have time. As I said in the other thread, it's a really welcome distraction.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2020, 05:54:37 pm »
Cheers everyone.

Weird to see penguins in a place that isn't icy! Amazing shots, the first one looks like it's straight out of a movie

Yeah, saw penguins are few times on my travels but never near any snow. Saw some on the Galapagos whilst wearing a vest which felt really out of place.

Patagonia looks spectacular. Thanks so much for these!Please share some more if you have time. As I said in the other thread, it's a really welcome distraction.

Yeah I might do some more once cabin fever starts kicking in, always enjoy going through the old photos

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2020, 01:27:16 am »

Bioluminescent dolphins off the coast of California.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7SaqoURs5MY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7SaqoURs5MY</a>

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: December 22, 2020, 08:14:24 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2020, 08:56:46 pm »
Amazing picture.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2020, 12:51:45 am »
^ fantastic photo.

Saw a cockroach this morning in the lift in my building. Smart mother fuckers those bugs, riding elevators now  ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 23, 2020, 11:55:53 am »
Great picture Rob. I love leopards of all kinds

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2020, 11:59:46 am »
Great picture Rob. I love leopards of all kinds

Slash (Guns N Roses) shared it on his FB page. Its a wonderful pic, shows how fantastic and also sly as fuck nature is.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2020, 09:50:04 am »
Another posted on Slash's FB

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #171 on: January 14, 2021, 08:21:26 am »

I was unfortunately not there, but this massive bulk just ran by my cabin this weekend.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8HPhbIJEFG4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8HPhbIJEFG4</a>

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2021, 12:32:18 am »
Found him sunning himself in the backyard.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2021, 06:09:41 am »
Found him sunning himself in the backyard.

The George Costanza of lizards.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2021, 01:25:23 pm »
We've just had a red squirrel run along the fence in the garden.  Never seen one in the flesh before!!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2021, 01:56:21 pm »
We've just had a red squirrel run along the fence in the garden.  Never seen one in the flesh before!!

Never been to Formby?!

They have them near my in-laws in Northern Ireland too. Are you in Wales now?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2021, 02:00:47 pm »
Never been to Formby?!

They have them near my in-laws in Northern Ireland too. Are you in Wales now?

I've never been to the sanctuary at Formby to see them, nor have I seen them at Meresands woods at Rufford either.

Yes we're in Anglesey now and we'd seen reports of viewings in the area so to see one the day after we arrived is superb.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2021, 02:46:35 pm »
I've never been to the sanctuary at Formby to see them, nor have I seen them at Meresands woods at Rufford either.

Yes we're in Anglesey now and we'd seen reports of viewings in the area so to see one the day after we arrived is superb.

Nice welcome committee for you!

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 5, 2021, 05:45:58 pm »
The red squirrels are regular visitors now as are the rabbits and hares but we've also had a weasel make an appearance this week 😁

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #179 on: April 5, 2021, 07:02:43 pm »

Brilliant.  Ive seen them in Jersey.  They are so cute.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline MakeUsDream2005

• Kopite
  • We are Liverpool tra la la la la!
« Reply #180 on: April 5, 2021, 09:05:41 pm »

Thanks for posting these amazing pictures. Patagonia is right at the top of my list of places to visit, as a keen hiker/photographer (only for personal enjoyment). That first picture is outstanding with the light hitting those magnificent cuernos!

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2021, 01:00:45 pm »
Since getting our bird feeder for the garden the red squirrel we use to see on occasion now comes for breakfast every morning.

It loves the black sunflower seeds.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2021, 03:37:53 pm »
Since getting our bird feeder for the garden the red squirrel we use to see on occasion now comes for breakfast every morning.

It loves the black sunflower seeds.

lovely that
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2021, 04:19:00 pm »
Think we might have a bumble bee nest if there is such a thing.

I was checking on some plants and could hear it buzzing away nearby and when I looked up to see what it was upto it disappeared into a hole in the edge of the lawn 😯

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2021, 04:34:55 pm »
Think we might have a bumble bee nest if there is such a thing.

I was checking on some plants and could hear it buzzing away nearby and when I looked up to see what it was upto it disappeared into a hole in the edge of the lawn 😯

I found a few holes in my lawn the other day, I assumed they were worm mounds which we tend to get after heavy rain.

Gave it a kick to get rid of the mound and a bee buzzes out of the hole. Have since looked it up and it would appear they are solitary mining bees.

https://www.rentokil.co.uk/blog/mining-bees/

Good for aerating the lawn apparently. Not causing any harm so I'm happy to leave them bee ;)

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2021, 04:47:22 pm »
I found a few holes in my lawn the other day, I assumed they were worm mounds which we tend to get after heavy rain.

Gave it a kick to get rid of the mound and a bee buzzes out of the hole. Have since looked it up and it would appear they are solitary mining bees.

Good for aerating the lawn apparently. Not causing any harm so I'm happy to leave them bee ;)

Something of a buzz from the natural, gratis aeration?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2021, 04:48:27 pm »

I'd never harm a pollinator although I have no issues squishing drunken wasps in the autumn 😁

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 9, 2021, 02:35:11 pm »
Did a delivery to a Boots RDC in Nottingham yesterday, there is a couple of grass areas as you drive out, saw a bloody big fox stood in the middle of one of the grass areas, didn't expect that in what is basically a huge plant. Looked larger than any fox I've seen before, wonder what drugs he's been nicking?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2021, 12:26:45 am »
There’s a young minke whale currently beaches by Richmond Lock in London. I run over that sometimes, it’s a long way in land from the sea (just about still tidal there). Probably won’t end well sadly but pretty crazy to see.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2021, 03:04:00 pm »
There’s a young minke whale currently beaches by Richmond Lock in London. I run over that sometimes, it’s a long way in land from the sea (just about still tidal there). Probably won’t end well sadly but pretty crazy to see.

Just been on the radio that they have managed to free the whale. Lets hope it goes back out to sea this time.

Edit: Now its stuck at Teddington.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 05:48:39 pm by rob1966 »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2021, 09:51:35 am »
We've got a couple of red squirrels feeding in the garden this morning, one bigger than the other.

They first appeared together trotting along the fence and I thought they must be a parent and youngster till the bigger one shooed the little one off into the bushes.

They've reappeared again with the big one gorging itself on sunflower seeds whilst the little one watched from the bushes but now they've both trotted off together again so maybe they are parent and youngster 🤷

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2021, 10:00:23 am »
We've got a couple of red squirrels feeding in the garden this morning, one bigger than the other.

They first appeared together trotting along the fence and I thought they must be a parent and youngster till the bigger one shooed the little one off into the bushes.

They've reappeared again with the big one gorging itself on sunflower seeds whilst the little one watched from the bushes but now they've both trotted off together again so maybe they are parent and youngster 🤷

Brilliant - I'd be feeding them all day if that was my garden.

Get some pictures up.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 10:01:55 am by rob1966 »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2021, 10:25:07 am »
Brilliant - I'd be feeding them all day if that was my garden.

Get some pictures up.

They love the black sunflower seeds and come pretty much everyday for them, sometimes twice a day.

I've got some pics but not worked out how to get pics up yet without Tapatalk as I don't know how to resize them 🤦

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2021, 10:48:08 am »
They love the black sunflower seeds and come pretty much everyday for them, sometimes twice a day.

I've got some pics but not worked out how to get pics up yet without Tapatalk as I don't know how to resize them 🤦

Create a free account on something like photobox, upload the pics to that and then you can post them that way, you right click on the image an can copy the url, that's how I do it

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2021, 10:52:08 am »
Create a free account on something like photobox, upload the pics to that and then you can post them that way, you right click on the image an can copy the url, that's how I do it

So do I use the image thingy on here and add attachment then select the pic?

Just realised I'm on my phone so don't have a right click 🤦
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 10:55:25 am by reddebs »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2021, 11:48:04 am »
So do I use the image thingy on here and add attachment then select the pic?

Just realised I'm on my phone so don't have a right click 🤦

You just need to select the image tags and then post the link inbetween them. This is what a Sparrowhawk did to a wood pigeon in my garden a few years back

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2021, 11:56:47 am »
You just need to select the image tags and then post the link inbetween them. This is what a Sparrowhawk did to a wood pigeon in my garden a few years back

They had a pillow fight?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2021, 11:59:46 am »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2021, 12:19:05 pm »

Nah it's not working mate it's just highlighting it rather than letting me paste the link.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2021, 12:20:46 pm »
They had a pillow fight?

It was vicious