Author Topic: Daniel Agger  (Read 395359 times)

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
Daniel Agger
« on: October 8, 2013, 07:40:54 pm »
Top, top lad. See for yourself.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/2013-10-08-tv-tilskuer-fik-aggers-skud-lige-i-skallen

speaking of which it will be interesting to see if Agger finds his way back to starting 11. Sooner or later he will, no doubt about that.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:13:22 pm by The 5th Benitle »
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline astrid

• Main Stander
Re: Daniel Agger
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2013, 08:05:51 pm »
There is another story on the official site about Agger and the danish national teams trip to Malta a Month ago. He is such a class act, and a fantastic representative for Liverpool FC!

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/146545-agger-s-message-for-maltese-lfc-fans?

'Maltese Liverpool fan Clive Calleja was among those who met Agger, and then contacted the official Liverpool FC Supporters' Committee, who brought it to the attention of the club.

Clive said: "Although Malta is a small island with a small population, there is a huge fan base of Liverpool supporters who welcomed our vice-captain with a huge reception.

"Fans were waiting for him at the airport as soon as they landed, went to the hotel they were residing in and also attended training sessions in order to meet Daniel Agger.

"He did not disappoint a single Maltese fan. He took photos with anyone who asked at the various places and signed every single item that was put in front of him."

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2013, 08:09:52 pm »
Class.

The other spectators didn't eve seem to give a toss! The smile on Agger's face at the start was hilarious.

In terms of getting back in the team, I think he'll replace Toure next game. BR wasn't happy with our performance against Palace, and in the past couple of matches Toure's been defending brilliantly, but his passing has been quite poor.
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #3 on: October 8, 2013, 08:15:38 pm »
I think he'll replace Toure next game. BR wasn't happy with our performance against Palace, and in the past couple of matches Toure's been defending brilliantly, but his passing has been quite poor.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: October 8, 2013, 08:27:04 pm »
So many positive characters in one team, really love the squad we have at the moment and Dagger may be the most likeable of them all :)

Offline RoshanA

• Shows some fawcets of Paul Merson's character. Rashid clone. Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour
  • Kopite
« Reply #5 on: October 8, 2013, 08:27:06 pm »
As a centre back needs to dominate balls in the air more often. Get's beaten far too often, that costs us.

Otherwise a wonderful player, elegance personified. Reminds me a little of Hansen.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2013, 10:03:06 pm by RoshanA »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #6 on: October 9, 2013, 12:06:13 am »
Class.

The other spectators didn't eve seem to give a toss! The smile on Agger's face at the start was hilarious.

In terms of getting back in the team, I think he'll replace Toure next game. BR wasn't happy with our performance against Palace, and in the past couple of matches Toure's been defending brilliantly, but his passing has been quite poor.

90% pass accuracy for 67 passes against Palace. If his passing was poor before that, it was because it was a general malaise (and one that we all commented on and questioned) rather than anything specific to Toure
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #7 on: October 9, 2013, 02:57:42 am »
Agger is one of the few players that I would never sell, regardless of the offer. Seems to be an amazing character.

And I think he'll simply take Skrtel's place, eventually. In fact Martin together with Sakho can be a little shaky anyway.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline NZ Red

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: October 9, 2013, 07:51:01 am »
Agger is one of the few players that I would never sell, regardless of the offer. Seems to be an amazing character.

And I think he'll simply take Skrtel's place, eventually. In fact Martin together with Sakho can be a little shaky anyway.

Yep it seems likely that Agger should just replace Skrtel our starting eleven. What will be interesting is who takes the left hand side of the back three, and who takes on the more central role. Personally I think it would be interesting to see Agger play centrally and given more license to roam into the midfield (like a libero) when playing against teams dropping deeper

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 9, 2013, 08:25:34 am »
Aw that's nice. But come on kid, crying after getting hit by a ball.... :D

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #10 on: October 9, 2013, 08:35:24 am »
I think you're underestimating it. He has just had a near death experience, he is lucky to be alive after being struck by a football.

It will probably make him go away and re-evaluate his life.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline mikenielsen

• Main Stander
« Reply #11 on: October 9, 2013, 08:38:53 am »
Or sell the shirt on ebay.

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 9, 2013, 01:26:52 pm »

I think that Agger would benefit hugely from Brendan's decision to play 3 at the back. His calmness and his ability on the ball would make him the perfect choice to play in the middle of the 3, with Sakho on the left and Skrtel (or Toure) on the right.
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 9, 2013, 01:43:00 pm »
I miss having Agger in the starting line up - however, I don't believe any of the current three at the back deserve to be dropped on form, so while they're all playing well, bringing Agger in would really send the wrong message to the team.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #14 on: October 9, 2013, 01:49:52 pm »
I miss having Agger in the starting line up - however, I don't believe any of the current three at the back deserve to be dropped on form, so while they're all playing well, bringing Agger in would really send the wrong message to the team.

Hard decision for BR that.

Sakho is getting better with each start, can't drop Skrtel on his form and Kolo is bossing it at RCB.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 9, 2013, 01:53:56 pm »
Hard decision for BR that.

Sakho is getting better with each start, can't drop Skrtel on his form and Kolo is bossing it at RCB.

A cliche but it's a good problem to have. I know a lot of people have a problem with Skrtel but he's been very good this season (although the goal by Southampton came about through an error from him). As it is, on paper, I think Agger, Toure and Sakho is probably the best way forward - I don't think Agger is as bad defensively as some make out and Sakho and Toure have been excellent in their short time at the club. All of them are better on the ball than Skrtel as well and if we're going to continue playing out from the back (something we've struggled with in parts this season), then it's another advantage having Agger back in the side.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline orangeazz

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: October 9, 2013, 10:27:45 pm »

My word but that comment is simply beyond the pale.  The kids life was in mortal danger after all, knowing full well that the ball 'could have killed him'.  I'm not making it up, it's all out there on the old t'interweb.

Anyhoo, all brevity aside, Agger is one of those players that come along once a generation, or so it seems.  Honest, hard working and so far instilled with a terrific sense of loyalty.  There aren't many players nowadays who will turn down the offer of CL football with one of the biggest Clubs in the world with the comment "I will stay for as long as Liverpool want me" irrespective of whether they are playing in the champion league or even doing particularly well at domestic level.  Cracking player with an even better attitude and exactly the sort of player Shanks would have loved.

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 04:05:33 pm »
When talking about good guys in football, Agger is to Good Guy as Messi is to Football.

You can't even compare. There is no ego there. He genuinely loves the club. he never talks out of his ass or embellishes or any of that cringeworthy stuff. He is an honest man. It is the cleanest breath of fresh air in this increasingly self-indulgent, disgustingly obnoxious football culture.

I am happy to have met him and he was every bit as class then as what I've seen in videos or read in articles and reports.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 04:11:21 pm »
A cliche but it's a good problem to have.

I'm not sure a team not in Europe(and without a sugar daddy) having 4 top class central defenders is a 'good problem'. To me it smacks of a waste of somewhat limited resources. I'd happily sway anyone of them(even Agger) for a top class central(or attacking) midfielder.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 04:23:00 pm »
I'm not sure a team not in Europe(and without a sugar daddy) having 4 top class central defenders is a 'good problem'. To me it smacks of a waste of somewhat limited resources. I'd happily sway anyone of them(even Agger) for a top class central(or attacking) midfielder.

But there's nothing we can do about that until January at the earliest and I'd much rather be in a position where we have those 4 playing well and competing for places than not. And if we're continuing to play three at the back, then it's more important to have them. We also want to to be in Europe next year and the year after that and the year after that and so on so it's important to have a squad for that as well.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 04:28:11 pm »
If we plan to use the 3-5-2, then we need 5 centre backs with 4 of them being experienced.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 04:29:56 pm »
But there's nothing we can do about that until January at the earliest and I'd much rather be in a position where we have those 4 playing well and competing for places than not. And if we're continuing to play three at the back, then it's more important to have them. We also want to to be in Europe next year and the year after that and the year after that and so on so it's important to have a squad for that as well.

I would argue we'd have a better chance of getting into Europe if our top quality was spread throughout the team and not so overloaded in one position, a position that doesn't really lend itself to rotation either.

It's not like of don't understand the clubs thinking. We had the money and Sakho became available and we where able to get him whilst we were unable to get the quality attacking player we wanted. So we decided it was best to get him whilst we could rather than wait and maybe lose him to someone else. I just hope the balance of the squad is addressed sooner rather than later. Even as soon as January.

I like Agger but if we were able to move him in January and spend the money elsewhere in the team i'd be inclined to do it regardless of him being our vice captain and someone who loves the club.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 04:43:18 pm »
I would argue we'd have a better chance of getting into Europe if our top quality was spread throughout the team and not so overloaded in one position, a position that doesn't really lend itself to rotation either.

Yes it's important to build a squad for all positions but we aren't overloaded in that position IMO (and we still have a very good chance of getting into Europe this year), particularly if we're playing three at the back.

It's not like of don't understand the clubs thinking. We had the money and Sakho became available and we where able to get him whilst we were unable to get the quality attacking player we wanted. So we decided it was best to get him whilst we could rather than wait and maybe lose him to someone else. I just hope the balance of the squad is addressed sooner rather than later. Even as soon as January.

I'd love us to have strengthened further upfield and in midfield this summer but alas, it wasn't to be. It's not like Rodgers didn't think we could strengthen - we didn't manage to get the players we were after for those positions. It doesn't mean we shouldn't have strengthened at the back. I'm pretty happy we managed to get in Sakho and Toure.

I like Agger but if we were able to move him in January and spend the money elsewhere in the team i'd be inclined to do it regardless of him being our vice captain and someone who loves the club.

Don't agree but this isn't a transfer thread so I'll leave it there.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:45:46 pm by Hazell »

Offline barbudo

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 04:44:54 pm »

But a team playing with three CBs needs an experienced substitute on the bench. Is Wisdom (or Kelly, or Ilori) good enough to fill in if Toure, or Skrtel or Sakho gets injured?
Bethink ye, bethink ye ... that ye might be mistaken! (Oliver Cromwell)

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 05:00:04 pm »
But a team playing with three CBs needs an experienced substitute on the bench. Is Wisdom (or Kelly, or Ilori) good enough to fill in if Toure, or Skrtel or Sakho gets injured?

Why do they need to be experienced?

If we've got experience on the pitch starting, and experience on the bench incase they come off then where do the younger lads get their minutes?

Why are we so terrified of putting them in?

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2013, 05:05:50 pm »

I think Kelly is. He's 23 and has an England cap. If he's not good enough to be our fourth choice now then what's the point of him hanging around? He's not going to get better never playing or having a responsibility to play to a certain level. Personally he think he's more than capable of playing as the right sided defender in a back three if one of our 4 experienced CB's were to leave. I'd have no problems with putting him in right now(fitness allowing) if Toure got injured.

I'd be more than happy to see Kelly, Wisdom and Ilori cover Toure, Skrtel and Sakho if Agger were hyperthically sold and of course those resource put into another area of the side. Maybe if we were in CL's i'd carry another experienced player but not for the amount of comps/games with have right now.

Why do they need to be experienced?

Absolutely. I'd take talent over experience any day.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:07:22 pm by peachybum »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 05:16:35 pm »
I think Kelly is. He's 23 and has an England cap. If he's not good enough to be our fourth choice now then what's the point of him hanging around? He's not going to get better never playing or having a responsibility to play to a certain level. Personally he think he's more than capable of playing as the right sided defender in a back three if one of our 4 experienced CB's were to leave. I'd have no problems with putting him in right now(fitness allowing) if Toure got injured.

I'd be more than happy to see Kelly, Wisdom and Ilori cover Toure, Skrtel and Sakho if Agger were hyperthically sold and of course those resource put into another area of the side. Maybe if we were in CL's i'd carry another experienced player but not for the amount of comps/games with have right now.

Absolutely. I'd take talent over experience any day.
Kelly hasn't played as centre-back(or in a central position) for over 2 years - A year out for injury and a year out as right back. Placing him as a '4th' choice, considering our current back 3 set up, would to put it mildly, be folly.

For me -there has to be a re-intergration back into the position for competative games.

As we are setting up now, Agger is the '4th choice'. Probably unpopular comment, but hey ho, thats opinions.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline dr.dracco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 06:02:16 pm »
Kelly did not played a single senior game at CB in his whole carreer. He is not a CB these days and can not be considered as one.

As to Agger, he has his qualities, but is massively overrated because he looks classy, but without any products of this class. And he is very poor in the whole 2013 year, or average at best, directly responsiple for almost dozen of goals during that stage.

So he should wait, until Toure, Skrtel, and Sakho are ahead of him and rightly so. He should wait.

And he will get his chance sooner, because he is Brendanīs favourite, so BR will throw him back after any slight poor performance from Sakho or Skrtel. He will keep his word about playing players that are in form, and will also satisfy his vicecaptain.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 06:13:56 pm »

And he will get his chance sooner, because he is Brendanīs favourite, so BR will throw him back after any slight poor performance from Sakho or Skrtel. He will keep his word about playing players that are in form, and will also satisfy his vicecaptain.

Even though Sakho is Rodgers' purchase? I'd say that's a fairly big assumption. Agreed on Agger being overrated though, and not solely by our own fan base.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:01:26 pm by Kopenhagen »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline LoubySoho

• Main Stander
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 06:52:35 pm »
I love Agger, he's my favourite player since Mcmanaman.

Just thought I'd get that in before it turns into a Daniel Agger is crap, overated, cost us this goal that goal he might as well not even turn up to matches and then we'll sell him in Jan to anyone crazy enough to bid thread!

Offline astrid

• Main Stander
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2013, 07:05:46 pm »
As to Agger, he has his qualities, but is massively overrated because he looks classy, but without any products of this class. And he is very poor in the whole 2013 year, or average at best, directly responsiple for almost dozen of goals during that stage.

So he should wait, until Toure, Skrtel, and Sakho are ahead of him and rightly so. He should wait.
I wouldn't say he is overrated. He has got a lot of stick in here lately, and some of it is well deserved, but not all of it. Just like Skrtel didn't deserve all the stick he got. I believe they are both good enough to play for Liverpool FC, but I guess some people tend to see it all black or white, when it clearly isn't..

He would fit perfectly in a defense of three, but based on current form, I agree, that he should wait.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2013, 08:24:50 pm »
Straight in for Skrtel if you ask me.  Sakho moved into the centre.  His distribution down the left and how style of defending will allow us go push up a lot higher than we have with Skrtel in the middle of our 3.

I do realise Skrtel has been playing well, but I feel the other 3 simply offer more.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2013, 08:33:36 pm »

As to Agger, he has his qualities, but is massively overrated because he looks classy, but without any products of this class. And he is very poor in the whole 2013 year, or average at best.

So he should wait, until Toure, Skrtel, and Sakho are ahead of him and rightly so.

If you deleted the word massively I would agree with what you said there.

Offline dr.dracco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2013, 10:23:41 pm »
Straight in for Skrtel if you ask me.  Sakho moved into the centre.  His distribution down the left and how style of defending will allow us go push up a lot higher than we have with Skrtel in the middle of our 3.

I do realise Skrtel has been playing well, but I feel the other 3 simply offer more.

Underrated once again....I dont think there is difference between Skrtel and Sakho (current development, not potential). Skrtel has some better attributes than Kolo, and kolo has other better. And Agger is better on the ball ( it looks at least like that), but worse defender.

So it could be said that he also offers something what the others donīt have

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2013, 01:19:10 am »
Underrated once again....I dont think there is difference between Skrtel and Sakho (current development, not potential). Skrtel has some better attributes than Kolo, and kolo has other better. And Agger is better on the ball ( it looks at least like that), but worse defender.

So it could be said that he also offers something what the others donīt have

That's the thing though, they all offer a specialty, except for Skrtel - who's been a good solid CB recently. Agger's the most comfortable on the ball, and if we're playing 3 at the back, that's going to bode well - we need one of the CBs to step out of defence with it at times. Sakho's just massive - aerially it looks like he could match even the biggest strikers. Skrtel and Agger have been bullied at times. Toure's also a good solid defender, but he's a league winner with a shitload of experience. He's the organiser back there, and that's one of the most important skills in the bunch.

We have a lot of good options in those 3 players. Skrtel does a lot of things well, but doesn't seem to have that specialism that really elevates either the defences ability to stop goals going in, or getting the ball forward out of defence.

And that's the reason I think that if all 4 were fit, he should be the one on the bench. A back 3 of Toure, Sakho and Agger should have all bases covered pretty much.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2013, 02:54:05 am »
That's the thing though, they all offer a specialty, except for Skrtel - who's been a good solid CB recently. Agger's the most comfortable on the ball, and if we're playing 3 at the back, that's going to bode well - we need one of the CBs to step out of defence with it at times. Sakho's just massive - aerially it looks like he could match even the biggest strikers. Skrtel and Agger have been bullied at times. Toure's also a good solid defender, but he's a league winner with a shitload of experience. He's the organiser back there, and that's one of the most important skills in the bunch.

We have a lot of good options in those 3 players. Skrtel does a lot of things well, but doesn't seem to have that specialism that really elevates either the defences ability to stop goals going in, or getting the ball forward out of defence.

And that's the reason I think that if all 4 were fit, he should be the one on the bench. A back 3 of Toure, Sakho and Agger should have all bases covered pretty much.
It would make us aerially weaker. Toure is short (does ok for his size though) and Agger is not as good aerially either.

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2013, 08:02:47 pm »
Just scored 2 goals in the space of 25 mins or so for Denmark.  :scarf

Hopefully he can get the first hattrick of his career.
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline Dagger/Molby

• Anny Roader
  • This is anfield - Remember YNWA
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2013, 08:04:13 pm »
Denmark - Malta 4-0 after first Half... Dagger scores number 2 and 4 on penalty.... Could be his first hattrick for Denmark ever if he gets one in the second Half  8)

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2013, 08:08:54 pm »
Denmark - Malta 4-0 after first Half... Dagger scores number 2 and 4 on penalty.... Could be his first hattrick for Denmark ever if he gets one in the second Half  8)
he'll even take an own goal

Offline Dagger/Molby

• Anny Roader
  • This is anfield - Remember YNWA
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2013, 08:17:00 pm »
he'll even take an own goal

8) whatever it takes  ;D