Author Topic: Liverpool has lost it's world heritage status!  (Read 38079 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Unesco set to strip Liverpool of World Heritage Status
« Reply #120 on: May 6, 2012, 08:34:42 pm »
I think you'd be surprised just how far away it will be from the three graces. I know some people are worried that it spoils the view on the approach from the Irish Sea but I think it will be well in the forefront of the Pier Head and as you move down the river the three graces will stand out unspoiled. imo.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2012, 09:48:13 pm »
HISTORIC LIVERPOOL PROPERTY PLACED ON LIST OF WORLD HERITAGE IN DANGER

New York, Jun 26 2012  4:10PM
The <"http://whc.unesco.org/en/comittee/">World Heritage Committee today placed an historic UK property on its list of endangered world heritage, and removed another two sites, in Pakistan and the Philippines, following improvement in their conservation.

The Committee has placed Liverpool Maritime Mercantile City on the <"http://whc.unesco.org/en/danger/">List of World Heritage in Danger due to the proposed construction of Liverpool Waters, a massive redevelopment of the historic docklands north of the UK city’s centre, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), said in a <"http://www.unesco.org/new/en/media-services/single-view/news/world_heritage_committee_places_liverpool_on_list_of_world_heritage_in_danger/">news release.

The World Heritage Committee meets once a year, and is responsible for the implementation of the UNESCO World Heritage Convention, which defines the kind of natural or cultural sites which can be considered for inscription on the World Heritage List. The Committee’s other responsibilities include the inscription or deletion of properties on the List of World Heritage in Danger.

The endangered list is designed to inform the international community of threats to the outstanding universal values for which a property has been inscribed on the World Heritage List, and to encourage corrective action.

The Committee contended that the Liverpool Waters development will extend the city centre significantly and alter the skyline and profile of Liverpool Maritime Mercantile City, which was inscribed on the World Heritage List in 2004. Furthermore, the Committee noted, experts argued that the redevelopment scheme will fragment and visually isolate the property’s different dock areas.

The inscribed property is made up of six different historic areas in the centre and docklands part of Liverpool which bear witness to the city’s development of one of the world’s major trading centres in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Noting the property’s important role in the growth of the British Empire as a major port and pioneer in the development of modern dock technology, as well its great number of significant commercial, civic and public buildings, the Committee warned that if the redevelopment project is implemented, Liverpool may entirely lose the outstanding universal value for which it was given World Heritage status.

Also on Tuesday, the World Heritage Committee removed the Fort and Shalamar Gardens in Lahore, Pakistan, and the Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras, in the Philippines, from the List of World Heritage in Danger.

Successful measures have been taken to remove the threat to the palaces, mosques and gardens of Lahore, according to the Committee, which inscribed the Mughal property on the World Heritage List in 1981, at the request of the Pakistani Government, following problems such as urban encroachment.

Many of the site’s monuments have since been restored, and better drainage and planning have also improved the preservation of the site’s external walls and solved problems of dampness.

The Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras were inscribed on the World Heritage List in 1995 as an outstanding cultural landscape. It was placed on the List of World Heritage in Danger in 2001 because of threats which required the development of better management and planning. The Philippines sought the listing as a way to raise national and international support, and cooperation, in the preservation of the remote rice fields.

Currently, the World Heritage List includes 936 properties forming part of the cultural and natural heritage which the World Heritage Committee considers as having outstanding universal value.

Jun 26 2012  4:10PM
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2012, 03:37:24 pm »
I am no fan of Liverpool Waters but I like the idea of somebody telling us what we can and can't build in our own damned city even less.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2012, 04:37:57 pm »
We've lost so much over the past 60 years and so many times were promises made that it was in a good cause and that what would come after would make it worthwhile.  At best it turned out to be incompetence of the highest order; at worst, out right lies.

None of this is for us.  They only need scousers to man the check outs and the bars.  An underclass in our own city.  They can fuck right off.  I'd rather leave things as they are.

This is exactly the same sentiment which caused the lack of development of Liverpool Airport back in the 50s.

Manchester took the opposing view and developed their airport into the international hub it is today, while Liverpool Airport remains a (tiny) insignificant shed.

Well done.
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2012, 04:43:31 pm »
I am no fan of Liverpool Waters but I like the idea of somebody telling us what we can and can't build in our own damned city even less. 

Now this I agree with completely.

UNESCO is far more guilty of corporate bullying than Peel Holdings.

By the way, is it merely coincidence that English Heritage have their corporate HQ in Manchester?  They are the ones who have been putting pressure on UNESCO after all.
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: July 1, 2012, 01:17:06 pm »
This is exactly the same sentiment which caused the lack of development of Liverpool Airport back in the 50s.

Manchester took the opposing view and developed their airport into the international hub it is today, while Liverpool Airport remains a (tiny) insignificant shed.

Well done.

Excuse me but it seems your problem is the same as mine - incompetence and a lack of a cohesive vision.

To name just three, we lost the overhead railway, the old Customs House and the Old Seaman's Home for no viable economic reason at all.  Liverpool One was built on land that had been essentially derelict since WW2.  It's one thing to pull something down when there's an economic and business case to put something worthwhile up in it's place, but when you demolish for the sake of it and just leave yawning holes in the ground then it's nothing but heritage vandalism.

As I mentioned in the Derek Hatton thread, he managed to bulldoze Clayton Square - mostly listed buildings - and replaced it with a shopping centre.  Well done.

And St John's Market is just SO much better than what was there before, right?  Well done.

PS: Peel Holdings owns both Manchester AND Liverpool airports.  Well done.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sniffster

• Main Stander
« Reply #126 on: July 1, 2012, 06:06:52 pm »
Peel no longer own Liverpool Airport ...haven't for a couple of years.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: July 1, 2012, 06:16:49 pm »
Peel no longer own Liverpool Airport ...haven't for a couple of years.

so who owns the airport?
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #128 on: July 1, 2012, 06:28:56 pm »
so who owns the airport?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10377827

Vancouver Airport Services according to that. But Peel still owns 35%

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 1, 2012, 06:30:07 pm »
i always thought airport was goverment owned.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: July 1, 2012, 06:43:39 pm »
i always thought airport was goverment owned.

No thats Manchester. Manchester is owned by all 10 Manchester and surrounding Manchester councils

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2012, 08:56:53 am »
THE Ł5.5BN Liverpool Waters skyscraper development is set be re-approved by Liverpool council today – amid continuing opposition from Heritage watchdogs.

The council’s planning committee will today sign off a series of conditions setting out how the Liverpool Waters development to regenerate the city’s northern docklands will be managed.

Liverpool council and Peel Holdings have wrangled over the conditions since permission was granted in March. But English Heritage, which has long objected to the plans, believes the conditions are “muddled, badly drafted and insufficiently precise”.

Due to its size and concerns over its possible impact on the city’s World Heritage Site the planning application must be sent to communities secretary Eric Pickles. It is up to him to decide whether a public inquiry into the scheme is necessary.

The conditions and legal Section 106 agreement set targets for local labour and affordable housing, and establishes a co-ordination board to oversee the implementation of the 30-year scheme and future planning applications.

The local labour target sets down that 10% to 15% of all new jobs should go to residents, and 30% of the value of building subcontracts should be awarded to Merseyside firms.

The agreement also states that 25% of the homes should be “affordable”, but two get-out clauses are offered.

The requirement does not need to be met if assessments show that a “lower or no provision” for affordable housing needs to be made.

The current planning application promises to create 20,000 jobs and features 9,000 apartments, hundreds of offices, hotels, bars and a cruise terminal. The project also envisages two clusters of tall buildings, including a 55-storey tower.

It is currently only an outline application, and detailed plans will have to be submitted for each building.

In a letter to the planning committee English Heritage said: “If permission is granted on these terms, it will be a matter of chance as to whether the heritage benefits that could be achieved are realised.”

The council’s head of planning believes the revised conditions provide an ”appropriate framework for managing and guiding development within the Liverpool Waters site”.

“Where amendments have been made to the previous conditions these changes bring greater clarity and do not undermine the basis upon which the application was considered by Members to be acceptable. The conditions and legal agreement continue to provide a robust range of control measures.”

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2012/09/18/5-5bn-liverpool-waters-skyscraper-project-by-peel-holdings-to-get-new-approval-100252-31854904/#ixzz26o29aeub

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 4, 2013, 01:24:33 pm »

Planning permission not called in by government. Decision left to liverpool council to finalise.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news//tm_headline=government-approves-163-5-5bn-liverpool-waters-scheme%26method=full%26objectid=32920581%26siteid=100252-name_page.html

The planning application promises to create 20,000 jobs and features 9,000 apartments, hundreds of offices, hotels, bars and a cruise terminal. The project also envisages two clusters of tall buildings, including a 55-storey tower.Oh that old f*cking chestnut eh!

20,000?   Yeah, but for who?

All of the big civil engineering companies and sub-contractors ship in their own workforce, complete the job and then move their staff on to the next big job, somewhere else in the country.

A token effort of probably less than 10% will be local builders, engineers and tradesmen

Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson, said: “This is fantastic news for Liverpool. I’m absolutely delighted that the Secretary of State shares the confidence we have in our ability to deliver this vitally important regeneration scheme, while protecting our architectural heritage.

So Peel get to schmooze the local politicians to get their plans eased through, eh Joe.

How about insiting at least 50% of any workforce has to be from within 15 miles of the city eh, Joe?

After all, it's Peel paying out, not the locals or the City Council.

How about making sure the local population and workforce benefit from more than just serving on jobs, bar staff and window cleaners.

Or is joined up thinking too much for you Joe.

It always makes me laugh when I hear some of these figures about job creation bandied around.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #134 on: March 4, 2013, 01:27:19 pm »
I don't think you can legally force such a stipulation can you?

Anyway, even if the jobs don't come from the area (which is a shame) the increase in workers coming into the City (rather than living here already) should at least increase the amount being spent in local businesses.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: March 4, 2013, 01:35:34 pm »
development of this area is long long overdue.Im all for it.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 4, 2013, 01:36:01 pm »
I don't think you can legally force such a stipulation can you?

Anyway, even if the jobs don't come from the area (which is a shame) the increase in workers coming into the City (rather than living here already) should at least increase the amount being spent in local businesses.
Yeah, some parts of the city will undoubtedly benefit, but currently being an out of work tradesman with over 16 year experience, yeah whoopy fucking do,

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 4, 2013, 02:18:57 pm »
I fail to see how this will benefit the indigenous population of Liverpool.Any long term,non construction jobs are years away.There is already hundreds of thousands square feet of office space already vacant in the city,apartments that will be expensive and snapped by investors outside of the city.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 4, 2013, 03:27:47 pm »
I've said for many years Scousers have become second class citizens in their own city.  It's all about servicing jobs for us, servicing the tourists and the bigwigs.  Whenever a high roller is needed they almost always come from outside.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 4, 2013, 03:46:03 pm »
It just makes me laugh (in an ironic way) when you see these figures plucked out of the air.

20,000 Jobs?

Who came to that figure, and whats the breakdown of the different jobs they're talking about?

As I probably suspect though, that figure is plucked out of the air, massaged a bit, added in with everyone from window cleaners, refuge collectors, parking attendants and every other single individual who'll step foot on the site over the next 30 years.  All to bloat and massage the figure for a nice easy press-friendly soundbite.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the rest of us will be fighting over no more than a handful of meaningful jobs that this project might kick up.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2013, 03:47:48 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 4, 2013, 06:02:06 pm »
It just makes me laugh (in an ironic way) when you see these figures plucked out of the air.

20,000 Jobs?

Who came to that figure, and whats the breakdown of the different jobs they're talking about?

As I probably suspect though, that figure is plucked out of the air, massaged a bit, added in with everyone from window cleaners, refuge collectors, parking attendants and every other single individual who'll step foot on the site over the next 30 years.  All to bloat and massage the figure for a nice easy press-friendly soundbite.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the rest of us will be fighting over no more than a handful of meaningful jobs that this project might kick up.
What were the figures for job creation that were bandied about before the Liverpool One development was built?

There's always an over estimation and not by small margins.

It wouldn't surprise me if thy put 12ft fence around the development to keep us peasants out.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 4, 2013, 09:09:59 pm »
If its planned correctly, given that it will take years & years to complete, there could be some excellent training prospects for scores of young people. You could actually serve your time in a variety trades over the course of this project.

Although the Mayor is determined to generate employment for local people its inevitable some skills will have to be drafted in to meet the capacity required, conversely it may mean many scousers not having to travel miles for work though.

And btw, fuck Unesco, its a mile & a quarter up river ffs.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: March 4, 2013, 10:31:48 pm »
You have to love Peel, don't you.

Mouthpiece on the news telling the world how the land has sat derelict and run down for the last twenty years.

Would that be the same land you have owned for those twenty years, and deliberately let run down to almost dereliction, so you can come along on your white charger and shout, "Look"!    "Look at us. Here to save the land"

Fuck off, you two faced bastards.  :wanker

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: March 5, 2013, 03:47:54 pm »
Do what's right for Liverpool not fucking UNESCO. City needs more jobs, a world heritage site doesn't offer enough.

This a thousand times.

This project will be fantastic for the city. We often complain how most private investments happens in the South. Now some company has picked Liverpool to spend Ł5.5 billion on, lets grab it with both hands. Jobs will flow from this and the city will benefit from it. While it's nice to be on the UNESCO list, this investment is simply too good to be turned down.

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
« Reply #144 on: March 5, 2013, 05:11:39 pm »
This a thousand times.

This project will be fantastic for the city. We often complain how most private investments happens in the South. Now some company has picked Liverpool to spend Ł5.5 billion on, lets grab it with both hands. Jobs will flow from this and the city will benefit from it. While it's nice to be on the UNESCO list, this investment is simply too good to be turned down.

Agree. I have driven along the Dock Rd to and from work for the last 11 years, the whole length of it is an eyesore, on both sides. I can't see any tourists deciding not to come here because UNESCO have fallen out with the city. It isn't going to block the view of the Pier Head/Three Graces, we need to move on. Even the jobs that don't go to locals will benefit the local economy, if the workers are lodging/living here too.
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: March 5, 2013, 05:12:07 pm »
The whole UNESCO argument is a bit of a red herring to be fair.  A side show.

Lets do whats good for Liverpool and it's citizens, both now and in the future.   Not whats good for UNESCO or Peel.

The , 'let us do what we want or we'll build it somewhere else' statement from peel, is just bullying shit staring of the highest order.

Nobodys arguing we don't need the jobs, of course we do.

That doesn't mean Joe Anderson should be sucking their cock and giving peel free range to build any old shit glass boxes they want.

FFS. There's a multitude of empty appartments, retail space and offices already knocking about the city, now.  What makes them think these will sell any better?

The fact is, they don't.  Not that peel give a shit. They'll make their money out of the building and leasing the land, regardless of if it's a white elephant that remains empty for years after it's built.

Bend over Joe.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #146 on: March 5, 2013, 05:37:39 pm »
Billions of investment in the city and some people just can't help but moan.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 5, 2013, 05:38:23 pm »
Deal with it.

In the meantime, thirty years down the line when Liverpool's uniqueness has gone, and we're just another identi-kit city, undistinguishable from any other glass and steel pile.   Don't say you wern't warned.

We have a uniqueness over a lot of other cities purely because our forefathers invested heavily in quality architechture that outlasted them, and many generations.  Once that uniqueness has gone, there's no way of it coming back.

Peel's plans are just boring unimaginative glass and steel boxes.   All designed by people who don't have a feel for the city and it's heritage, and who've probably never visited the city other than in hi-vis bibs, for site visits.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2013, 05:47:33 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 5, 2013, 05:39:06 pm »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 5, 2013, 07:09:46 pm »
I can see where your coming from architecture wise Richie but I actually don't think there is a great deal around there anyway that I'm aware of , apart from Stanley warehouse and the clock tower I see near to terrys  timber . My feeling is let it happen , the north end needs regeneration and a vibrant bustling friendly city which Liverpool is , should be adding to our city centre population . What's your alternative thoughts on what should happen there ?

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: March 5, 2013, 07:56:13 pm »
To be honest, the area had needed developing since the 80s.  What sticks in my craw is that Peel have deliberately let the land run down to dereliction in that time, to deliberately steamroller their own plans through.

In itself, not the worst thing, as long as the area is developed, but the designs they've come up with are very uninspiring, and the 'we'll get what we want, or take our ball home', has unfortunately been taken, hook,line, and sinker by the likes of Joe Anderson, and others, who should be looking at the bigger picture of protecting the city not just for it's current residents, but for generations to come.  What they've actually done have seen the bright lights, and been taken in by it all.

I'm sure with tighter rules laid on Peel, there could be a more imaginative and asthetically pleasing set of buildings errected, which would compliment the existing historic structures, and also be less conspicuous in their set enviroment.

No city can be mothballed and live in the past, but that shouldn't mean Peel should have free range to build any monstrosity that suits their bank ballance, over the look and feel of the city's maritime herritage.

Anyway, thats all I'm going to say on it now, as Peel just wind me up.  :no

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: March 5, 2013, 08:41:24 pm »
To be honest, the area had needed developing since the 80s.  What sticks in my craw is that Peel have deliberately let the land run down to dereliction in that time, to deliberately steamroller their own plans through.

In itself, not the worst thing, as long as the area is developed, but the designs they've come up with are very uninspiring, and the 'we'll get what we want, or take our ball home', has unfortunately been taken, hook,line, and sinker by the likes of Joe Anderson, and others, who should be looking at the bigger picture of protecting the city not just for it's current residents, but for generations to come.  What they've actually done have seen the bright lights, and been taken in by it all.

I'm sure with tighter rules laid on Peel, there could be a more imaginative and asthetically pleasing set of buildings errected, which would compliment the existing historic structures, and also be less conspicuous in their set enviroment.

No city can be mothballed and live in the past, but that shouldn't mean Peel should have free range to build any monstrosity that suits their bank ballance, over the look and feel of the city's maritime herritage.

Anyway, thats all I'm going to say on it now, as Peel just wind me up.  :no

You're absolutely right.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 7, 2013, 06:38:35 pm »
Unless the city transforms in to a major international venue and the official European gateway to America you have to wonder how it can sustain such a large complex - even more of what it already has like shops and apartments.
If its to be at the expense of Manchester then something big will have to happen in terms of industry or commerce.
Quality housing, perhaps not apartments, is the bedrock of attracting residents - who can commute from here. But what type of resident is going to move within Liverpool or from outside to the many many apartments it will generate? I don't know but surely there's a projection of growth within the city that will be both accommodated and influence by this project.

Will Liverpool One or the Trafford Centre suffer from new shops and retail? Will Liverpool become affluent for both Liverpool One & Waters to thrive? The answer is no, not until education improves and more people become employable to occupy the jobs that we'd want to create in the long not short term. Otherwise very low cost housing will always dominate demand.

Short term, I envisage a mini-boom, plenty of jobs and spending locally, nothing significant, but a slight improvement. But what about 3-years after its open. Who will be living and shopping there?

I'm still all for it though, improved education and employability of some people is not imminent, but what else do we face as a city that will prevent us getting stale and not growing - which is essential.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 7, 2013, 06:49:47 pm »
Liverpool One is primarily a retail space, Liverpool Waters isn't.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 7, 2013, 07:35:06 pm »
This is a 30 year project so does anybody know the timetable for construction?

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
Re: Unesco set to strip Liverpool of World Heritage Statusb
« Reply #155 on: March 8, 2013, 03:19:28 am »
Is this another one of those massive projects that is going to do wonderful things for the city that will fill the Echo pages for a few years then fade from the public consciousness......like the Trams?

Lets hops not as there has been far too many of these.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 8, 2013, 11:35:16 am »
What gets me is they've let them build any old rubbish right next to the three graces. The multi storey car park and a few other eye sores but it's something a mile and a half up the road UNESCO take umbridge with.

Didn't they threaten London with the same thing for building The Shard, but thats gone all quiet since it opened.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 8, 2013, 11:39:57 am »
Im all for it. Better than stagnating and doing nothign with prime land.
Something really needs to be done with Liverpool airport rail links in order to help the city grow too.I know people will say that there is a link at south parokway but in this day and age its pathetic to have to hop off a train there and then jump on a bus to the airport.A direct rail link to the airport would benefit this city hugely in the long run.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 8, 2013, 11:44:14 am »
Im all for it. Better than stagnating and doing nothign with prime land.
Something really needs to be done with Liverpool airport rail links in order to help the city grow too.I know people will say that there is a link at south parokway but in this day and age its pathetic to have to hop off a train there and then jump on a bus to the airport.A direct rail link to the airport would benefit this city hugely in the long run.

Where would you put it?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 8, 2013, 11:57:12 am »
not for me to sort out mate im pretty convinced it would be a major issue in this day and age though,are you referring to the line itself or the station? Youd be surprised by the amount of land around Liverpool Airport mate, there would be a way around it. I think its pathetic it hasnt got a direct rail link.