Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5730965 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Malice Through The Looking Glass
« Reply #60440 on: January 14, 2022, 08:08:56 pm »
Odegaard... the end!

Fuck them, hope they have to play it and get battered. The arrogance from them recently is quite hilarious, shortly they'll lose a few and be back to moaning about how it's not good enough. There's actually people screaming how good Ben White is when he couldn't even defend against Nottingham Forest and watched them score

He was absolutely obliterated in the 4-0 too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60441 on: January 14, 2022, 08:08:58 pm »
Basically nobody.  They're saying that Xhaka's red combined with new injuries to Cedric, Tierney, Chambers and Saka means they don't have enough players.  It's a joke but I don't blame them for trying.

Edit: the PL should turn down their request as it's patently ridiculous but then again I have no love for Spurs either.  I think I'll just root for as much drama as possible then?

Is that the new players out? So Tomiyasu, Cedric, Chambers, Tierney, Smith-Rowe, Odegaard, Partey Elneny, Xhaka, Pepe, Saka & Aubameyang in total? I'm just trying to work out how likely this is.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60442 on: January 14, 2022, 08:10:48 pm »
He had to go off with some niggle

It’s truly taking the piss this one

And to be perfectly honest I’m always in Arsenal corner in the NLD. Can’t stand spurs

Oh I agree about Tottenham. Arsenal fans are beginning to get back to peak Wenger days, where (as discussed in this thread) any pass more than 5 yards was a hoof. Yet they're still infinitely better than Tottenham so am not fussed if they succeed but no doubt they'll try it again for our game on Thursday.

Just on Saka, I'm still cynical as to whether he's injured or not. It seems to be late on in games a lot of players pick up injuries if they're getting the result they want. To the point where I'm actually surprised if there is a genuine injury.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #60443 on: January 14, 2022, 08:16:51 pm »
You can’t be serious ?

Wish I wasn't which is why I was saying this request should be declined.

Sam Dean
@SamJDean
On top of the pre-existing issues, there were more injury problems for Arsenal during/after last night’s game. Understand Chambers, Saka and Tierney all picked up knocks, along with the injury that forced Cedric off.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60444 on: January 14, 2022, 08:18:09 pm »
He was absolutely obliterated in the 4-0 too.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

His positioning for every dangerous attack in that game was fucking hilarious

I actually just watched back his highlights from last night.
A block that comes back of him for our throw, he runs off with the ball
Header to Minamino
Header to Minamino
Overcooked long ball to Saka
Shit long ball straight to Virgil who miscontrols it

Elite CB

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #60445 on: January 14, 2022, 08:18:19 pm »
I’m struggling though….

They just let a player go on loan who could have played….

That at least was totally avoidable
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60446 on: January 14, 2022, 08:18:28 pm »
The usual suspects at Arsenal were running their mouths off when we asked for the first leg of the semi final to be postponed.  Not talking so much now, of course.

I hope they play so that Xhaka is available to face us in the second leg  ;D

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60447 on: January 14, 2022, 08:28:24 pm »
Let me get this right. Arsenal ask the EFL to investigate us for asking for a game to be called off. Then next game they ask for their game to be called off?

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60448 on: January 14, 2022, 08:28:38 pm »
The usual suspects at Arsenal were running their mouths off when we asked for the first leg of the semi final to be postponed.  Not talking so much now, of course.

I hope they play so that Xhaka is available to face us in the second leg  ;D

Sod that. He'll only get sent off making it much more difficult for us to break them down. ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #60449 on: January 14, 2022, 08:39:55 pm »
Wish I wasn't which is why I was saying this request should be declined.

Sam Dean
@SamJDean
On top of the pre-existing issues, there were more injury problems for Arsenal during/after last night’s game. Understand Chambers, Saka and Tierney all picked up knocks, along with the injury that forced Cedric off.

In other words they want to rest them for the second leg and don't want to be depleted for the derby.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60450 on: January 14, 2022, 08:48:11 pm »
These postponement requests did originally seem to be around Covid cases, now it seems to be more around injuries and a availability, and if you can muster a couple of Covid cases up in your youth team then hell, why not go for it.

The EFL have made a rod for their back with the ‘so many fit players rule’ they should have made it about x number of (proveable) Covid cases.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60451 on: January 14, 2022, 09:46:33 pm »
Just thought I'd look in here to see if there were any comments about Saka (and there are plenty), hard to believe he's only 20, great player.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #60452 on: January 14, 2022, 09:47:34 pm »
Arsenal fans now laughing at Spurs fuming at their request. Clearly an irony deficiency in full effect. ;D

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60453 on: January 14, 2022, 09:55:14 pm »
Breaking: Liverpool have requested that all Premier League matches from Jan 1 2021 to 31 Mar 2021, as well as their League Cup tie vs. Aston Villa from 19/20, be replayed due to player shortages.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60454 on: January 14, 2022, 10:04:00 pm »
Arsenal fans now laughing at Spurs fuming at their request. Clearly an irony deficiency in full effect. ;D

If you can't beat them, join them.  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #60455 on: January 14, 2022, 10:08:54 pm »
If you can't beat them, join them.  ;D

Wasn’t that Adebayor, Toure, Nasri and Clichy’s motto?

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60456 on: January 14, 2022, 10:17:28 pm »

Na, back then we could still beat them occasionally.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #60457 on: January 14, 2022, 10:17:52 pm »

Carl Jenkinson too
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60458 on: January 14, 2022, 10:27:28 pm »
The irony of them postponing is just too funny. I guess they're too scared to play Spurs then, and should be thrown out of the prem?

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60459 on: January 14, 2022, 11:29:21 pm »
Fucking bellends. :lmao

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #60460 on: January 14, 2022, 11:58:33 pm »
 :lmao what a bunch of hypocritical twats - and im aiming this at the fans who lost their shit cos of our game was called off, all the posturing, 'analysing', slanted arguments and accusations of us cooking the books cos 'we were afraid' to play them

now they just say, ah shit we've a load of players out (covid isn't an issue), call it off (the fact they've let first team players go out on loan in a clearly unstable environment doesn't appear to have occured to them)

they said fuckall when they went to leeds who had to basically put out the kids - oh hang they did, 'get on with it' as i recall...

fucking twatfest flipflops

i always wanted our game to go ahead even if we put out kids, we just couldn't field a team, fuck 'em, would be so precious if the league said no  :lmao the levels of losing shit might even reach unseen heights and that's saying something with that lot, Whingbags FC
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 12:03:40 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #60461 on: January 15, 2022, 01:26:11 am »
I don't really get why everyone thinks it is funny. They had three tough games in a row. The two legs versus us and a North London Derby in between. Their failure to qualify for Europe means they have loads of spare mid weeks to rearrange games.

Instead of playing 3 tough games in a week one with 10 men they want to put their feet up at the weekend and the field a full team against us. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #60462 on: January 15, 2022, 01:56:16 am »
:duh
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60463 on: January 15, 2022, 02:51:12 am »
I don't really get why everyone thinks it is funny. They had three tough games in a row. The two legs versus us and a North London Derby in between. Their failure to qualify for Europe means they have loads of spare mid weeks to rearrange games.

Instead of playing 3 tough games in a week one with 10 men they want to put their feet up at the weekend and the field a full team against us. 

It's not funny, like you say, they're clearly trying to swing a break to give themselves a better shot at making a final. They'll say they're doing the same as us, but: (1) there was no sporting benefit to us by postponing the first leg, it meant we lost the advantage of finishing at home, (2) we had to shut out training facilities whereas they have time to promote and train U23 players, etc.

I'd love it if it turns out they have 12 outfielders available and the PL decides to postpone Xhaka's suspension so they can fulfil the fixture.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #60464 on: January 15, 2022, 07:15:20 am »
Only one Covid case at Arsenal.

Today's ruling could throw the League into disarray.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60465 on: January 15, 2022, 07:25:03 am »

Yeah it's quite transparent. Probably got a few with knocks (it's January players all have them) who they want to rest up for  the second leg  so will claim injury. Supposedly a player short within the ruling yet have just loaned two out. It's nothing to do with Covid it's just them being 'clever'. As you say don't need to worry about a fixture pile up.

This gives them an advantage for Thursday. They were already given home advantage 2nd (with no away goals as 0-0 would be a good score for us) and yet are still going on about the postponement.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #60466 on: January 15, 2022, 07:54:50 am »
Xhaka misses our game either way (assuming they suddenly can play on Thursday) as he gets two games as it's his second red this season.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60467 on: January 15, 2022, 08:04:47 am »
Give them their postponement on the condition they only name 14 players against us. If more than one or two injuries clear up in 3 days then it's highly likely some of them could've played this weekend. And as I said jokingly before, but am now sort of serious about, if they're one player short then the PL/FL should agree to postpone Xhaka's suspension - surely a little flexibility is preferable to more fixture chaos, think of the guy from Dallas!

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #60468 on: January 15, 2022, 09:11:00 am »
Hypocritical, whiny, myopic, deluded c*nts these lot.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60469 on: January 15, 2022, 09:22:28 am »
Formal offer for the Vlahovic gone in. £58m  .  Id happily play tomorrow with 10 youth players and Vlahovic upfront.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60470 on: January 15, 2022, 09:23:29 am »
Formal offer for the Vlahovic gone in. £58m  .  Id happily play tomorrow with 10 youth players and Vlahovic upfront.

Mac Red is currently crying into his soup.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #60471 on: January 15, 2022, 09:23:57 am »

Don’t you want to win?

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60472 on: January 15, 2022, 09:30:20 am »
Give them their postponement on the condition they only name 14 players against us. If more than one or two injuries clear up in 3 days then it's highly likely some of them could've played this weekend. And as I said jokingly before, but am now sort of serious about, if they're one player short then the PL/FL should agree to postpone Xhaka's suspension - surely a little flexibility is preferable to more fixture chaos, think of the guy from Dallas!

I think it's more that they want to rest a few tomorrow for the second leg (after playing at Anfield with 10 men on Thursday night) but it's a derby against their biggest rivals and with injuries and AFCON they haven't got the scope to rotate.

If they were playing at home to Norwich on Sunday they'd just get on with it, make a few changes and play one or two kids.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #60473 on: January 15, 2022, 09:30:35 am »
Only one Covid case at Arsenal.

Today's ruling could throw the League into disarray.
It’s already in disarray. There’s virtually no integrity left when Burnley have 5 games in hand on their rivals. The Premier League have no back bone if they allow Arsenal’s request.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60474 on: January 15, 2022, 09:33:52 am »
It’s already in disarray. There’s virtually no integrity left when Burnley have 5 games in hand on their rivals. The Premier League have no back bone if they allow Arsenal’s request.

Carragher and Neville went in hard over it last night. Made a point of the wider situation and 'everyone is doing it' rather than single out Arsenal but Sky getting twitchy the league is becoming a farce again. Tottenham-Arsenal is their flagship game this weekend.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60475 on: January 15, 2022, 09:37:01 am »
Don’t you want to win?

Long term having a player like Vlahovic is more important than 1 game.

Plus Spurs are awful, Conte looks like he’d like to postpone every game they play till he gets a proper job. I’d take my chances against them.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60476 on: January 15, 2022, 09:43:03 am »
Carragher and Neville went in hard over it last night. Made a point of the wider situation and 'everyone is doing it' rather than single out Arsenal but Sky getting twitchy the league is becoming a farce again. Tottenham-Arsenal is their flagship game this weekend.

Carragher and Neville making a stand. About the wider situation?  They can fuck off. Did they mention how city never postponed any games. That would top it off.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #60477 on: January 15, 2022, 09:46:00 am »
Carragher and Neville making a stand. About the wider situation?  They can fuck off. Did they mention how city never postponed any games. That would top it off.

What have City got to do with it ?

Clubs are opening my abusing this. Palace asked for a postponement the other week and basically had a full Team.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #60478 on: January 15, 2022, 09:47:43 am »
Long term having a player like Vlahovic is more important than 1 game.

Plus Spurs are awful, Conte looks like he’d like to postpone every game they play till he gets a proper job. I’d take my chances against them.

Is he that good already & can still improve?

I did watch a few mins of a compilation last week & turned it off after seeing him look like over reliant in his left side & actually compared him to a young Andy Carroll before switching off.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60479 on: January 15, 2022, 09:56:59 am »
What have City got to do with it ?

Clubs are opening my abusing this. Palace asked for a postponement the other week and basically had a full Team.

Because city have a million players that cost a billion pounds and suffer no drop in quality when their players are out. Someone mentioned the wider situation.
Carragher and Neville, state everything apart from the obvious.