Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5735603 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Malice Through The Looking Glass
« Reply #60560 on: January 15, 2022, 02:21:45 pm »
Pathetic from Arsenal

And the PL for agreeing to it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #60561 on: January 15, 2022, 02:23:03 pm »
Sorry, but you’ve got some nerve coming onto a Liverpool forum and accusing our manager and staff of fictitiously invented some medical test results in order to get out of playing a game.

It's an established fact now among Arsenal fans.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60562 on: January 15, 2022, 02:24:20 pm »
What an absolute joke. So whenever we don't fancy a game we can just say we've got a few injuries now can we? It made sense if it was Covid related, but this is just bullshit!

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60563 on: January 15, 2022, 02:25:03 pm »
What an absolute joke. So whenever we don't fancy a game we can just say we've got a few injuries now can we? It made sense if it was Covid related, but this is just bullshit!

I thought you’d be happy, you could have Son back , your only good player.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60564 on: January 15, 2022, 02:25:17 pm »
The postponement meant that the 3 players you mention were available for the rescheduled match , how is that not benefitting from the postponement, and I’m the daft one!

But that was nothing to do with wanting the game off though, was it?

We'd have happily played with Kelleher in goal and Konate and Van Dijk at the back.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #60565 on: January 15, 2022, 02:26:06 pm »

basically yes! Leicester and Arsenal have shown how easy it is to do, now it’s just a question of which team tries it next. Although you might be at a disadvantage of not having a few players at AFCON. 

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60566 on: January 15, 2022, 02:27:29 pm »

Yep, it's a total farce. And how are these injuries confirmed? Does an independent premier league doctor go and check everyone, what if someone says they have a bad back, how is that diagnosed? It's utter shit.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60567 on: January 15, 2022, 02:27:50 pm »
So at what point did the logic change?

When it was us we were being slated by their fanbase, all of a sudden now the narrative has changed and we should 'not blame Arsenal, blame the FA'. So if it's anyone else, the team are taking the piss, but if it's them, it's different :lmao

Who was the fucking twat on twitter arguing with opposition fans shouting people down? Wonder if he's suddenly changed his tune on decisions being made 'because its Liverpool'
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:29:36 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #60568 on: January 15, 2022, 02:28:20 pm »
The postponement meant that the 3 players you mention were available for the rescheduled match , how is that not benefitting from the postponement, and I’m the daft one!

Reading comprehension, a problem?

The three players weren't available until after the scheduled first leg.

They didn't train until the day before the Shrewbury match.

Liverpool have encountered issues with the COVID-19 pandemic this year, with several key players out including Roberto Firmino, Joel Matip and Alisson.

Even Jurgen Klopp contracted the virus, meaning Pep Ljinders led the side at Stamford Bridge, with Caoimhin Kelleher deputising for Alisson.

The quartet can all return within the next week, with all available for the FA Cup tie with Shrewsbury Town on Sunday.

Notice no mention of the League Cup semi as being their return date?

Joel Matip has been cleared for Liverpool involvement against Shrewsbury on Sunday after returning to training on Friday.

However, assistant boss Peter Krawietz was unable to provide an update on Alisson Becker or Roberto Firmino, who were also self-isolating for last week's draw at Chelsea.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:31:43 pm by 4pool »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60569 on: January 15, 2022, 02:29:32 pm »
But that was nothing to do with wanting the game off though, was it?

We'd have happily played with Kelleher in goal and Konate and Van Dijk at the back.

You might have been happy personally, I’d have been happy to play tomorrow I’d fancy us against this spurs any time. But we don’t make the decisions and our opinions ultimately don’t matter. If a loophole exists every manager has to do what’s best for his club.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60570 on: January 15, 2022, 02:30:23 pm »
Reading comprehension, a problem?

The three players weren't available until after the scheduled first leg.

They didn't train until the day before the Shrewbury match.

Liverpool have encountered issues with the COVID-19 pandemic this year, with several key players out including Roberto Firmino, Joel Matip and Alisson.

Even Jurgen Klopp contracted the virus, meaning Pep Ljinders led the side at Stamford Bridge, with Caoimhin Kelleher deputising for Alisson.

The quartet can all return within the next week, with all available for the FA Cup tie with Shrewsbury Town on Sunday.

Notice no mention of the League Cup semi as being their return date?

They played though, in the first leg of the league cup.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #60571 on: January 15, 2022, 02:32:48 pm »
Laughable take

John Cross@johncrossmirror
People having a go at Arsenal totally misses the point, in my opinion. If other clubs had games postponed, why wouldn’t Arsenal ask? The Prem rules have long since become stretched and abused. Trying to rewrite them now is too late.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60572 on: January 15, 2022, 02:34:23 pm »
Saw a couple of tweets that summarise this perfectly…

Arsenal’s circumstances might technically fit the new postponement criteria, but morally it is a scandal that a team can duck out of a game with 24 hours notice and one case of covid. Shows complete contempt for fans and opponents.

But most clubs would take advantage of this loophole if they could. The real fault here is obviously with the rules themselves. How has the Premier League blindly handed clubs the power to play at their own convenience?

It’s all very well talking about consistency and universal application of the rules. But if the rules are wrong - as we all know they are - why not change them? The rules are there to serve the game! Not the other way round!

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #60573 on: January 15, 2022, 02:34:25 pm »
They played though, in the first leg of the league cup.

Yes they did.

But the first leg wasn't played Thurs Jan 6th as scheduled. And they weren't available due to covid then. Which is what you are arguing about.

Daft again from you.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60574 on: January 15, 2022, 02:38:49 pm »
You might have been happy personally, I’d have been happy to play tomorrow I’d fancy us against this spurs any time. But we don’t make the decisions and our opinions ultimately don’t matter. If a loophole exists every manager has to do what’s best for his club.

Loophole in our case being faking a load of positive Covid tests and shutting training down for days to destroy our rhythm and lose home advantage just so we could have 2 or 3 players back  ::)

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60575 on: January 15, 2022, 02:39:02 pm »
Yes they did.

But the first leg wasn't played Thurs Jan 6th as scheduled. And they weren't available due to covid then. Which is what you are arguing about.

Daft again from you.

No I meant that the postponing of the first match allowed them to play in the rescheduled match. Obviously they’d rather have played the Chelsea match so it wasn’t by design but that’s what happened .

On today’s decision, we have 13 players and Covid is a factor , everyone else gets their games postponed for that.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60576 on: January 15, 2022, 02:41:25 pm »
So does that mean our match on Thursday will be called off as well?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #60577 on: January 15, 2022, 02:41:40 pm »
No I meant that the postponing of the first match allowed them to play in the rescheduled match. Obviously they’d rather have played the Chelsea match so it wasn’t by design but that’s what happened .

On today’s decision, we have 13 players and Covid is a factor , everyone else gets their games postponed for that.

But you loaned two out knowing loads would be at the AFCON

Good planning and a nice weekend off cause you didn’t fancy it
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60578 on: January 15, 2022, 02:42:24 pm »
Laughable take

John Cross@johncrossmirror
People having a go at Arsenal totally misses the point, in my opinion. If other clubs had games postponed, why wouldn’t Arsenal ask? The Prem rules have long since become stretched and abused. Trying to rewrite them now is too late.

Not really.  Why wouldn't any club take advantage of the rules in place to give themselves the best chance to meet their objectives for the season?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60579 on: January 15, 2022, 02:42:26 pm »
You know you really are daft.

Alisson, Firmino, and Matip would not have been available for the first leg as their quarantine was not done. They had to test negative for two consecutive days after serving their quarantine before being allowed back. Which was AFTER the scheduled first leg.

When the 17 positive tests came about again, the players had to be retested that day. Then tested again for a further two days to confirm negative tests from the first day. So self-isolation while that was being done. Which is why the first leg was postponed.

I realize in a fast moving posting / twitter world facts get lost. Don't lose them again.
That's not necessary.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60580 on: January 15, 2022, 02:43:44 pm »
That's not necessary.

Why is not necessary to call an idiot out for being an idiot?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #60581 on: January 15, 2022, 02:44:04 pm »
:lmao

Oh my…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60582 on: January 15, 2022, 02:46:19 pm »

It means they'll have their feet up raring to go for Thursday with all these injuries miraculously cleared up.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60583 on: January 15, 2022, 02:46:51 pm »
:lmao

Oh my…

It means they'll have their feet up raring to go for Thursday with all these injuries miraculously cleared up.

Oh, I see ;D

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #60584 on: January 15, 2022, 02:48:31 pm »

We might as well ask to postpone it.

Loan a couple out. Claim injuries and AFCON as a reason.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60585 on: January 15, 2022, 02:49:29 pm »
Why is not necessary to call an idiot out for being an idiot?
He's a respected poster that has being here for a while. We might not always agree with him but I think he deserves more respect.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60586 on: January 15, 2022, 02:50:09 pm »

If it leaves you with 13 players, by all means.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60587 on: January 15, 2022, 02:50:28 pm »

Need to get a few players sent off tomorrow as well.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60588 on: January 15, 2022, 02:50:54 pm »
He's a respected poster that has being here for a while. We might not always agree with him but I think he deserves more respect.

He has accused Liverpool of cheating and faking covid test results in order to get a game called off. What part of that deserves respect?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #60589 on: January 15, 2022, 02:51:26 pm »

he’s been making up lies so he can call out the team you support for cheating and faking tests. 

He has people on strings here though, always has, just because he rips the shit out of Spurs.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60590 on: January 15, 2022, 02:52:00 pm »
he’s been calling out the team you support for cheating and faking tests. 

He has people on strings here though, always has, just because he rips the shit out of Spurs.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #60591 on: January 15, 2022, 02:52:58 pm »
TNB is just trolling most of the time.

Anyway it’s a farce of a decision but par for the course for any of the PL, FA and FL recent decisions.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60592 on: January 15, 2022, 02:56:17 pm »

Amen brother

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60593 on: January 15, 2022, 02:59:58 pm »
Amen brother

You'd maybe get a bit more respect if you called out the c*nts in your fanbase instead of being like them.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60594 on: January 15, 2022, 03:04:24 pm »
You'd maybe get a bit more respect if you called out the c*nts in your fanbase instead of being like them.

To be fair, he called out the away fans the other day, & called out the social media cretins as well..

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60595 on: January 15, 2022, 03:06:46 pm »
To be fair, he called out the away fans the other day, & called out the social media cretins as well..

Yet has chosen to get into bed with the cretins calling us cheats

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60596 on: January 15, 2022, 03:14:09 pm »
Of course you did, Allison Firmino and Matip missed the game against Chelsea and would’ve missed the game at arsenal as it would’ve fallen within the same week if the first leg wasn’t postponed. And that’s just 3 off the top of my head . You went from a huge outbreak where to be fair it would’ve been insane to play the game , to just Trent, and he too was back in time for the rearranged match so you can add him.

You're talking bollocks.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #60597 on: January 15, 2022, 03:16:12 pm »

Indeed. Apologies.

He’s a Cockney idiot.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60598 on: January 15, 2022, 03:16:58 pm »
he’s been making up lies so he can call out the team you support for cheating and faking tests. 

I get where you're coming from. His argument can be rubbished but I just feel insulting him personally is going too far.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #60599 on: January 15, 2022, 03:18:38 pm »
I get where you're coming from. His argument can be rubbished but I just feel insulting him personally is going too far.

He’s a troll.  Just because it’s not normally directed at LFC doesn’t make it respected.