Author Topic: Fantastic Architecture.  (Read 11904 times)

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Re: Fantastic Architecture.
« Reply #200 on: May 4, 2008, 03:06:39 am »
One of the three on that block is open i think. Like a lot though, most are still private building, to be fair La Pedrera is mostly private, but gladly it's available for all to see.

Yeah love the roof, very Dali.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: May 4, 2008, 03:48:24 am »
Akshardham, New Delhi, India

That's a beautiful building

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #202 on: May 4, 2008, 10:34:41 am »
The new Opera House in Oslo, Norway

"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline benoeveno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: May 4, 2008, 11:16:28 am »
2 International Finance Centre

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #204 on: May 4, 2008, 01:49:48 pm »
The new Opera House in Oslo, Norway

Looks like its slowly sliding in to the water .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #205 on: May 4, 2008, 06:23:36 pm »
Looks like its slowly sliding in to the water .

Thousands of people visit it every day to walk around on the roof.
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline dante

• Friends wanted: apply within
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 6, 2008, 10:27:47 pm »
No idea what it is, could be one for the future

'Zaha Hadid has won a the international competition to design the new Nuragic and Contemporary Art Museum in Cagliari, Italy'

Offline dante

• Friends wanted: apply within
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 6, 2008, 10:30:38 pm »
:wave
except the redeemer and the neuschwanstein castle, all agreed =)

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: June 23, 2008, 09:53:36 am »
We had a visit from some of wifey's friends from the USA. He's an architect and is part of a team working on some massive projects in Abu Dabai. Guess what, they're building a Gugenheim (ie jewish owned Art Gallery(?!) and so close to Iran too) and predictably it's sounding pretty spectacular.

I believe the current design consists of three massive cones and three massive cubes all tilted against each other at crazy angles! The main man wants to build one of the cones out of alabaster but everyone is trying to talk him out of it as it will look shite after the sand has had a go at it.

Don't know if any of this is common knowledge but I just thought some of you architecture junkies may find it interesting.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #209 on: June 23, 2008, 11:13:40 am »
Gehry's Abu Dhabi Guggenheim:

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:48:13 am by Alan_F »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: June 23, 2008, 11:18:07 am »
Jesus! I thought it was going to be much simpler than that. It looks like my lad's bedroom floor.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2008, 12:58:40 pm »
My Dad cried when he saw this building.  Petronas Towers are my modern faves.

Taj Mahal is awesome. Sat there for an hour just gazing at it when i first saw it
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2022, 11:31:05 pm »
Ricardo Bofill just passed away at 82.

Some truely magical buildings will live on in his honour.

https://www.wallpaper.com/architecture/remembering-ricardo-bofill-1939-2022-obituary
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2022, 01:00:59 am »
Oh this thread bump is right up my street, thank you. I'll always have time for Bofill since I read that he designed the W Hotel on Barcelona seafront, which is about half a mile from the beachside wine bar where I sat reading The Talented Mr. Ripley on the evening of Sunday 2nd June 2019 feeling utterly blissful.

Surprised nobody (at least in my text search) has mentioned Florence in this thread - it's utterly beautiful.

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2022, 01:04:33 am »
Post pictures of Buildings you could just stand a admire all day. I love the spiral/cone shape building in London.

I liked them when this was posted - moved back up north from London in 2018 - but there's a few too many too clustered together now. Vauxhall is a God-awful mess.

My fiancee's family is originally from SE London though so we have this print on the wall of Greenwich and the Docklands old and new.

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2022, 02:22:46 am »
Oh this thread bump is right up my street, thank you. I'll always have time for Bofill since I read that he designed the W Hotel on Barcelona seafront, which is about half a mile from the beachside wine bar where I sat reading The Talented Mr. Ripley on the evening of Sunday 2nd June 2019 feeling utterly blissful.

I was stunned by that Hotel when I was holidaying in Barcelona in 2015. I took this photo when a storm was coming in off the ocean.

https://imgur.com/a/s5fqkTD

The new W Hotel in Sydney has a similar shape to Barcelona.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #216 on: January 20, 2022, 08:34:24 pm »
Blast from the past this one but a nice thread to bump.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2022, 08:12:28 am »
Went to Valencia for the first time the other week, and checked out the City of Arts and Sciences.

Loved it. Spread across a massive area with lots of different angles to appreciate, with the pools also reflecting the buildings and the changing light throughout the day. And it really felt like being in a Space colony which was cool. Better then the Guggenheim for me.

Spoiler

[close]

Edit : Bugger it. Donīt know how to do pictures on this site  :D

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2022, 09:28:27 am »
Went to Valencia for the first time the other week, and checked out the City of Arts and Sciences.

Loved it. Spread across a massive area with lots of different angles to appreciate, with the pools also reflecting the buildings and the changing light throughout the day. And it really felt like being in a Space colony which was cool. Better then the Guggenheim for me.

Spoiler

[close]

Edit : Bugger it. Donīt know how to do pictures on this site  :D

Absolutely love that whole complex (spotted in Westworld Season 3).

The Guggenheim in Bilboa is pretty special for a stand alone building. I remember walking down Iparraguirre Kalea and seeing it as this odd shape at the end of the street. Was blown away how the light makes it change during the day.

Online Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2022, 02:41:01 pm »
This is cool.

Y.N.W.A.