Author Topic: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread  (Read 165855 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread
« Reply #920 on: December 30, 2021, 06:29:29 pm »
As in connect the cable from the sky box to one of those plugs with a cable port and wifi booster?

Yeah, I’ve got it in Ethernet not wifi cos the sky box mesh was causing problems.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: January 5, 2022, 10:15:16 am »
Sky Q for a new customer is not cheap at the minute is it?

I'm paying £79 to Virgin for 'Ultimate Oomph' bundle at the moment which is full TV on 2 boxes, All sports, movies, BT Sport etc, 600Mb Broadband and an unlimited data SIM. Equivalent package on the Sky website is coming out at £141 a month and that's without the mobile.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: January 5, 2022, 11:07:51 am »
Sky Q for a new customer is not cheap at the minute is it?

I'm paying £79 to Virgin for 'Ultimate Oomph' bundle at the moment which is full TV on 2 boxes, All sports, movies, BT Sport etc, 600Mb Broadband and an unlimited data SIM. Equivalent package on the Sky website is coming out at £141 a month and that's without the mobile.
Nope it's shocking even for an existing customer.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #923 on: January 5, 2022, 12:02:06 pm »
Really? How much do you pay?

I need to sort out a cheaper deal for my current set up but at the same time want to get a new box as we’ve had the same one for 6+ years and it’s old and knackered. Can you just do that or will they just push you to Sky Q?

Doesn’t help everyone telling us how little they pay in comparison but some of them don’t have Sports and obviously that’s not an option for us.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #924 on: January 5, 2022, 04:08:13 pm »
I found it impossible to get decent pricing out of Sky without actually asking to leave and even then it was a while into that the notice period before I got a decent offer, even then its not going to beat the price Graeme is getting on Virgin. The days of getting a decent offer with just a threat of leaving seem to be well behind us (and the same applies to Virgin for my broadband as well)

Still staying with Sky though as the price isn't completely insane after a lot of haggling, I like the Sky Q box and the less I have to deal with Virgin customer service the better, just dealing with them for broadband is frustrating enough if there is ever an issue with it.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: January 5, 2022, 05:26:00 pm »
Unfortunately I’m not a Sky TV customer so the threat of leaving has no weight lol.

BT have got a decent offer on their 900Mb FTTP currently for about £30 a month so if I can get a decent offer from Sky I’ll happily jump ship.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: January 5, 2022, 07:21:40 pm »
Unfortunately I’m not a Sky TV customer so the threat of leaving has no weight lol.

BT have got a decent offer on their 900Mb FTTP currently for about £30 a month so if I can get a decent offer from Sky I’ll happily jump ship.

Always annoying for me that Virgin are the only FTTP provider where I live and the FTTC speeds are pretty dismal so I don't have much choice but to stay with Virgin for broadband anyway

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: January 5, 2022, 07:30:38 pm »
Really? How much do you pay?
Currently pay £130 a month for broadband, internet, Sky Q, movies, sports, HD etc. Not multi room.

Needs to be renewed in February so definitely looking for something better price wise.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #928 on: January 5, 2022, 07:31:44 pm »
Currently pay £130 a month for broadband, internet, Sky Q, movies, sports, HD etc. Not multi room.

Needs to be renewed in February so definitely looking for something better price wise.

Crikey. And probably not that much less for no Movies I’d imagine.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: January 5, 2022, 08:50:10 pm »

You can definitely do better than that if you cancel and renegotiate with them.

I don't have the broadband add on but have Sky Q plus movies, sports (excl BT), HD, UHD, multi room and Netflix for about £50 a month.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: January 5, 2022, 09:04:22 pm »
£58 for me for sky q multi room and everything except bt sports , BB with virgin £30

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: January 6, 2022, 06:02:38 am »
I pay £51 for Sky Q for entertainment (and in HD and ultra hd), sports, movies. Broadband is with BT and that includes BT sports is £62 a month, which is £113 a month total. That broadband and BT sport package is £15 a month too high and i am still baffled how i ended up with that contract because i renewed not very long ago.

The best i can get it to is between £95-£98. Ill never be able to leave Sky though because of the things i have recorded even though i lost them all this summer (sorry still a sore point).

Offline MindGuerrillas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #932 on: January 6, 2022, 09:51:12 am »

How did you get them to agree to that price for that package?

I'm on exactly the same package and currently pay £99. My deal is expiring in February, after that it's going up to £140  :no

BT have got a decent offer on their 900Mb FTTP currently for about £30 a month

Where have you seen this deal? I'm getting quoted £55 for their 900mb Full Fibre package?
« Last Edit: January 6, 2022, 09:55:49 am by MindGuerrillas »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: January 6, 2022, 10:24:36 am »
Crikey. And probably not that much less for no Movies I’d imagine.
Nope it wouldn't be significant price difference iirc.

You can definitely do better than that if you cancel and renegotiate with them.

I don't have the broadband add on but have Sky Q plus movies, sports (excl BT), HD, UHD, multi room and Netflix for about £50 a month.
Will have to consider leaving them if they try to increase the cost of this current package. It's not worth it.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: January 6, 2022, 11:56:45 am »
Will have to consider leaving them if they try to increase the cost of this current package. It's not worth it.

When your contract is up I would just given them your 1 month's notice due to cost, and see what they offer during the one month notice period, they should offer something, the offers often get better the longer you wait during that month.

If you don't really want to leave, you can reverse your decision at any stage during the notice period. 

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: January 6, 2022, 12:00:30 pm »

You will definitely get offered less. Minus the broadband I get all that for £51 and think filo said above he gets that and Netflix for £50. You should be able to get all that you have (inc bb) for under £100 a month as I can definitely get all that and BT sports for £98 a month quite easily.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #936 on: January 6, 2022, 12:18:08 pm »

Take a look at what your package costs as a new customer (it should be much less then £130) first and tell them as a loyal customer your not expecting to pay more then a new customer. That what I did and my bill went down from £72 to £53 when the same set up for a new customer costs £55. They will try and fob you off with a paltry reduction at first but just hold firm that you are a loyal customer and your cancelling otherwise, then once you get to the cancellation team they can give you a proper reduction.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: January 6, 2022, 12:36:37 pm »
Cheers all. Yeah deffo going to go down the cancellation route and see what happens in few weeks.

For BT Sport, Sports, Movies and everything (a landline which I don't use) they are mad if they think I'm going to pay more or even the same.

Throw in Apple TV which is a further cost then you have to wonder what they are smoking.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: January 6, 2022, 12:38:46 pm »
How did you get them to agree to that price for that package?

I'm on exactly the same package and currently pay £99. My deal is expiring in February, after that it's going up to £140  :no

We moved into a new build house last year which was pre-wired for Virgin, so they needed to get customers on board to recover the cost of pre-wiring the entire estate so there were some deals available that aren't available generally. We even got £200 bill credit which covered the first 3 months off.

Where have you seen this deal? I'm getting quoted £55 for their 900mb Full Fibre package?

It said £32.49 yesterday with nothing else mentioned, but today it shows that price for the first 3 months only then £54.99 so I think they'd forgotten to but the first 3 months banner up. Shame I didn't sign up yesterday when I saw it as I'd have been able to hold them to it.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #939 on: January 6, 2022, 02:01:35 pm »
I'm renegotiating with Sky for broadband & TV. As with the last couple of renewals, they want to move me to Sky Q and sweeten the deal further to do so. I've no problem with moving to Q and would prefer to - but I've two boxes with hours and hours of stuff recorded, including stuff I wouldn't be able to find on catch-up (like some of the programmes when we won the PL)

My question is - if I move to SkyQ, is there any way (assuming I keep hold of the actual boxes) I could, at some time, connect them up to the main input cable and watch the saved programmes? Or will they all be wiped out?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #940 on: January 6, 2022, 02:04:14 pm »
Mad how everyone pays such varied prices for fairly similar services. There really should be more of a crackdown on pricing by all these providers.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: January 6, 2022, 02:22:37 pm »
Mad how everyone pays such varied prices for fairly similar services. There really should be more of a crackdown on pricing by all these providers.

In one way there should be but in another way it is TV and non-essential services like entertainment so should the government really be sticking its nose in (is what Rees-Mogg would say).

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: January 6, 2022, 02:38:42 pm »
In one way there should be but in another way it is TV and non-essential services like entertainment so should the government really be sticking its nose in (is what Rees-Mogg would say).

I'm surprised to find this would be one of the very few occasions I would ever find myself agreeing with Reese-Mogg,
Its entertainment not a necessity, no need for the government to get involved. You pay your money you take your choice.
To be honest people could probably do with far less of the shite on Sky (and the telly in general) in their lives.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: January 6, 2022, 04:13:05 pm »
Spoke to Sky this morning.

Offered me...

Sky Signature
All Sky Sports
BT Sport
HD and UHD
Netflix
Multiscreen with 1 mini box

£83

It's a bit cheaper than it comes to online as a new customer but not as cheap as some of the retention deals I see kicking about. There's no kids or movies on there - but I've got one IPTV subscription with VOD, plus a separate Plex VOD subscription so movies are covered off there. Just need to see how much Virgin would let me keep the M600 Broadband and Unlimited Data Sim for. I'll still end up paying more than the £79 I'm paying currently but I don't think I'd get the same price on a retention deal anyway.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: January 6, 2022, 04:32:33 pm »
Spoke to Sky this morning.

Offered me...

Sky Signature
All Sky Sports
BT Sport
HD and UHD
Netflix
Multiscreen with 1 mini box

£83

It's a bit cheaper than it comes to online as a new customer but not as cheap as some of the retention deals I see kicking about. There's no kids or movies on there - but I've got one IPTV subscription with VOD, plus a separate Plex VOD subscription so movies are covered off there. Just need to see how much Virgin would let me keep the M600 Broadband and Unlimited Data Sim for. I'll still end up paying more than the £79 I'm paying currently but I don't think I'd get the same price on a retention deal anyway.

To be honest that isn't that bad, the issue you always get with Sky is they can;t really discount BT Sport much so it always adds a fair bit.

For Virgin I am paying about £34 for M500 with nothing else (no TV/landline/mobile)) that seemed pretty standard pricing for broadband if you give notice, unfortunately no idea on how much the SIM add on would be.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2022, 04:37:25 pm by filopastry »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: January 6, 2022, 04:44:02 pm »
Yeah its the BT sports that really increases the price in any package. That usually stings a bit more because naturally you are getting less for your money compared to everything else.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: January 6, 2022, 04:57:24 pm »
Sports is one of the regular things I watch then streaming services. Channels like ITV, I rarely watch for anything now days.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #947 on: January 6, 2022, 06:52:03 pm »
I pay £51 for Sky Q for entertainment (and in HD and ultra hd), sports, movies. Broadband is with BT and that includes BT sports is £62 a month, which is £113 a month total. That broadband and BT sport package is £15 a month too high and i am still baffled how i ended up with that contract because i renewed not very long ago.

The best i can get it to is between £95-£98. Ill never be able to leave Sky though because of the things i have recorded even though i lost them all this summer (sorry still a sore point).

How come you are paying BT so much?  I get FTTP broadband, plus Bt Sport, and all the Sky Sports channels, and Eurosport channels for £75 per month. 
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: January 6, 2022, 09:49:39 pm »
How come you are paying BT so much?  I get FTTP broadband, plus Bt Sport, and all the Sky Sports channels, and Eurosport channels for £75 per month. 

I only have Broadband and BT sports (not Sky with BT sports in there) with BT and I have no idea why I signed up to that contract and plus I have ages left. I reckon i was heavily on the wine that day.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #949 on: January 7, 2022, 06:03:33 am »
I only have Broadband and BT sports (not Sky with BT sports in there) with BT and I have no idea why I signed up to that contract and plus I have ages left. I reckon i was heavily on the wine that day.

That's a bummer.   :(
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #950 on: January 12, 2022, 03:17:28 pm »
Our sky has jumped up to £120/month and they were offering us almost fuck all to renew. We have average speed internet, all sports, movies and kids but no added BT or anything.

BT have just been round and offering 100mps min, all the sky channels we have now including sports, movies etc, a years Netflix, BT sports in UHD and box nation (not that I’m into boxing). My only worry is the sky channels are through NOW TV had package, I don’t know if it makes much of a difference? You can still record them etc.

£76 for 6 months then £99 for the remainder of the 2yr contract. Signed up as I have 14 days to cancel so I’ll do my research now. Been with sky for a decade but they are offering us sweet FA so I think it’s time to move on
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 05:59:44 pm by Livbes »

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #951 on: January 14, 2022, 03:46:06 pm »
Our sky has jumped up to £120/month and they were offering us almost fuck all to renew. We have average speed internet, all sports, movies and kids but no added BT or anything.

BT have just been round and offering 100mps min, all the sky channels we have now including sports, movies etc, a years Netflix, BT sports in UHD and box nation (not that I’m into boxing). My only worry is the sky channels are through NOW TV had package, I don’t know if it makes much of a difference? You can still record them etc.

£76 for 6 months then £99 for the remainder of the 2yr contract. Signed up as I have 14 days to cancel so I’ll do my research now. Been with sky for a decade but they are offering us sweet FA so I think it’s time to move on

Did you give Sky your 30 day cancelation notice?  Until I did that I didn't get any decent renewal offer from Sky.  When I was in my cancellation period the offers started to come in and ended up with nearly 50% off.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #952 on: January 14, 2022, 03:48:55 pm »
Did you give Sky your 30 day cancelation notice?  Until I did that I didn't get any decent renewal offer from Sky.  When I was in my cancellation period the offers started to come in and ended up with nearly 50% off.

What would you have done if they’d just let you leave? Can you change your mind and keep it? Or is it all a game of bluff and you know they’ll crack first and presumably it’s a lot cheaper for them to keep existing customers than find new ones.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: January 15, 2022, 12:14:15 pm »
What would you have done if they’d just let you leave? Can you change your mind and keep it? Or is it all a game of bluff and you know they’ll crack first and presumably it’s a lot cheaper for them to keep existing customers than find new ones.

You can back out of giving notice at any stage during the 30 day notice period.

Personally I don't think you get any decent offers out of Sky these days without following through on giving them notice of calculation, just threatening to leave doesn't seem to get any offers in most cases.

Even after giving notice it can be a while through the 30 day cancellation period before you are offered anything decent, first offers can often be pretty poor.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #954 on: January 15, 2022, 01:56:05 pm »

Phone now. They will deal with you in advance of the contract ending.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #955 on: January 18, 2022, 05:02:34 pm »
Sky really do seem to be whacking up their prices at the moment. Mines due to go up from £92 to £139 in March, it’s already gone up £10 since we started the current deal due to some offers dropping off earlier than others, and the annual increase in April. Hoping our 17 years will count for something but not sounding as hopeful based on what others are saying here.

Might have to get rid of one of the sports packages, can you go without their basic signature package, don’t think you can but I’d happily drop that if I could
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #956 on: January 18, 2022, 05:05:06 pm »
I called Sky today. My current deal has gone to £124.

I can get the same package and Sky Q for £193 or him off the movies for £92 which is preferable given we can get on Netflix and Prime too. Feels not too bad.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: January 24, 2022, 06:17:03 pm »
Might have to get rid of one of the sports packages, can you go without their basic signature package, don’t think you can but I’d happily drop that if I could

I'm happy to keep the basic signature package and fucking off my Sky and BT sports packages.  Then watching sports via a firestick and IPTV

From 80 quid to £130 mine went.  They can fuck off.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #958 on: February 4, 2022, 04:19:26 pm »
Think I am going to cancel them and make the jump to iptv. I've got the full package and a separate mini box as well as broadband and mobile. Will it cause my mobile or broadband price to skyrocket if I cancel the TV?
YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #959 on: February 6, 2022, 07:29:13 pm »
Can I please put on record thst Sky Q is fucking wank.

I so regret moving over from Sky HD, which is far better.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"