Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 181135 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: BT Sport - home of the Champions League
« Reply #1320 on: May 20, 2017, 06:11:39 pm »
It's clearly for cost cutting reasons. Bit like when Sky scrapped Revista De La Liga.
sack Michael Owen and Robbie savage, there are the cuts they need

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1322 on: May 28, 2017, 10:27:53 pm »

Likely the last ever European Football Show...

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2017/05/28/european-football-show-28th-may-2017/

Though we'll always have this (unless youtube take it down of course...)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mfJyIctXGY0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mfJyIctXGY0</a>

https://twitter.com/acjimbo
https://twitter.com/JamesHorncastle
https://twitter.com/honigstein
https://twitter.com/LaurensJulien
« Last Edit: June 3, 2017, 02:41:59 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
BT Sport
« Reply #1323 on: August 11, 2017, 06:05:03 pm »
Never got this before.

But given they have the Champions League games, which hopefully LFC will be in.  I think I might have to get it for that reason.

What's the cheapest & best way to go about getting it through sky, if you don't have BT Broadband?

I tried to search for a topic, but the search button doesn't seem to be working for me.

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #1324 on: August 11, 2017, 07:26:02 pm »
Well, I know you said without having BT Broadband, but there is an offer on at the moment whereby if you apply for BT Broadband or Infinity you can get BT Sport free for 12 months on BT TV or on your Sky box. This is also available to current customers, with a renewed 12 month contract.

Just signed up myself, having moved to BT Infinity a few weeks ago.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1325 on: August 13, 2017, 01:22:28 am »
Never got this before.

But given they have the Champions League games, which hopefully LFC will be in.  I think I might have to get it for that reason.

What's the cheapest & best way to go about getting it through sky, if you don't have BT Broadband?

I tried to search for a topic, but the search button doesn't seem to be working for me.
I'm currently paying £12.99 a month in HD for the next year for all of the BT Sport channels through Sky - I'd read a post on another forum saying the poster had got this same deal, so rang BT and said I'd seen that deal - they gave me the same price almost immediately. I'd try that, should save a good £10 a month or so on the standard price.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: August 15, 2017, 03:13:09 pm »
I'm currently paying £12.99 a month in HD for the next year for all of the BT Sport channels through Sky - I'd read a post on another forum saying the poster had got this same deal, so rang BT and said I'd seen that deal - they gave me the same price almost immediately. I'd try that, should save a good £10 a month or so on the standard price.

Thanks.

Was there an activation fee of £20 on top of that?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:31:15 pm by Klippity Klopp »

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1327 on: August 15, 2017, 07:04:13 pm »
Still trying to find the best offer.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #1328 on: August 15, 2017, 07:09:04 pm »
 Watch online streams or go the pub would be my advice, mate. I've never received such a load of bollocks in my life, told them as much and asked them to cancel my subscription. They offered me a reduced price, I said no and then they charged me for the next three months after anyway. Utter fucking wankers and I'm not the only person it's happened to.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1329 on: September 7, 2017, 03:59:15 pm »

This may well be worth a listen - especially if you were a fan of now-axed The European Football Show... James Richardson and mates, or just quality footy chat...

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/

https://twitter.com/TheTotallyShow
https://www.facebook.com/thetotallyfootballshow/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnvcvWswAWqvAg6zXcZnZMg/videos

Also on the usual podcast formats too :)

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: September 13, 2017, 10:39:15 am »
Getting this today.

We're on their channel too much this season.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1331 on: September 13, 2017, 12:41:18 pm »
Getting this today.

We're on their channel too much this season.

Worth it for the goalshow during the champions league day we aren't playing :D

Can't wait for the 3pm ban to be fucked off so they can have the same for all weekend games.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1332 on: September 13, 2017, 04:50:17 pm »
Worth it

£22 a month on top of Sky.

Not sure "worth it" is the right words.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1333 on: September 13, 2017, 05:38:12 pm »
£22 a month on top of Sky.

Not sure "worth it" is the right words.

£5.50 if you're with BT
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1334 on: September 13, 2017, 07:09:04 pm »
£5.50 if you're with BT
By "with BT" what do you mean? You have BT TV instead of Sky or BT internet?

I'm genuinely clueless about getting the best deals, looking to change that.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: September 13, 2017, 07:33:47 pm »
I got the deal when I signed up for internet,been with them years now and always threaten to leave and end up getting cracking deals,prior to the recent price increase I got it (sport) for free but that changed in august when I had to start paying for it after they added the new content,have the bt box.

Managed to get unlimited mobile minutes,texts and only 500mb data for £5 per month (£5 discount because I have BB),you just have to lie when you call them and say so & so are offering me this.

Also don't accept what they first offer you and mention that you will have a think about it and ring back,then say actually if you ring me back you will get the commision,they will then really try to get you the best deal.You never get the best deal on the first phone call.I need to do it all again in November when this contract runs out.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:39:55 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #1336 on: September 14, 2017, 10:11:57 am »
By "with BT" what do you mean? You have BT TV instead of Sky or BT internet?

I'm genuinely clueless about getting the best deals, looking to change that.

If you have BT Internet (and landline I think, but not 100%).

Just phone round and say you are looking at changing, whats your best deal. You will be told by whatever company that this is the best deal and might not be available tomorrow (when youve said I'll have to think about it) dont worry, its bullshit to get you to sign there and then. Also phone your currant provider saying you are deliberating leaving as you can get the same/similar cheaper elsewhere (do that after you have found out what other deals you can get so you can back up your claim of cheaper elsewhere). They will magically give you a much better deal than you are on now!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: September 14, 2017, 03:57:16 pm »
If you have BT Internet (and landline I think, but not 100%).

Just phone round and say you are looking at changing, whats your best deal. You will be told by whatever company that this is the best deal and might not be available tomorrow (when youve said I'll have to think about it) dont worry, its bullshit to get you to sign there and then. Also phone your currant provider saying you are deliberating leaving as you can get the same/similar cheaper elsewhere (do that after you have found out what other deals you can get so you can back up your claim of cheaper elsewhere). They will magically give you a much better deal than you are on now!

Yeah it is just them trying to get their commission,if you offer for the person you are speaking with to ring you back at an agreed upon time they won't try the hard sell and they will also be more inclined to get you the best deal possible.

Have a list of all the current deals but also lie about what discount they agreed to give you.When I called BT after the recent sport changes the guy I spoke with was shocked by what I was paying for both my internet and mobile,I managed to get unlimited fibre including line rental for £28pm and they gave me unlimited mobile minutes and texts because I lied about another offer.

The deal before the last one I actually put in motion moving to talktalk,had them contact bt to let them know about the change and everything,BT then phoned me up and offered me a deal that was too good to turn down,they then contacted talktalk to let them know that I no longer wanted to move.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: September 19, 2017, 04:31:24 pm »
I am on a Sky contract for unlimited broadband, line rental and free-to-air tv through my Sky Plus box, after cancelling my full Sky subscription. Cheap at £12.40; the guy swore it was a mistake when I called afterwards but said they would honour it.

Not having any football was driving me mad, but then the BT offer came through email via LFC right before our Champions League group games started. First 6 months free, next 6 months regular price, 12 month contract. Averages out at £13.50 per month for full BT Sport in HD through my Sky box, and skewed for 6 month's time. Felt like a decent deal, and decent timing.

I've actually been quite impressed with the BT coverage; much better than when they first started out. I think with us in the Champions League I would rather have BT Sport than Sky Sports, given a straight choice. European Football, plus FA Cup, and one game on the weekend (which frankly suits me having a young family...I couldn't really get away with 2-3 full games these days anyway) and it's a pretty attractive package.

Sky are right to be worried; finally there is a challenge that really could threaten their model. The next TV coverage contract will be a tightrope walk for them; too much either way and they could be in serious bother.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #1339 on: September 19, 2017, 06:56:55 pm »
Yeah it is just them trying to get their commission,if you offer for the person you are speaking with to ring you back at an agreed upon time they won't try the hard sell and they will also be more inclined to get you the best deal possible.

Have a list of all the current deals but also lie about what discount they agreed to give you.When I called BT after the recent sport changes the guy I spoke with was shocked by what I was paying for both my internet and mobile,I managed to get unlimited fibre including line rental for £28pm and they gave me unlimited mobile minutes and texts because I lied about another offer.

The deal before the last one I actually put in motion moving to talktalk,had them contact bt to let them know about the change and everything,BT then phoned me up and offered me a deal that was too good to turn down,they then contacted talktalk to let them know that I no longer wanted to move.

Deffo mate. I didnt know you could get them to call you back though. Top tip...worth remembering.

Oh yes. Defiantly tell them porkies about what other companies have offered. Always helps.

Ahhh thats cracking. Did you do that knowing Talk Talk would get in touch with BT and theyd get in touch with you?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: September 20, 2017, 04:32:51 pm »
Deffo mate. I didnt know you could get them to call you back though. Top tip...worth remembering.

Oh yes. Defiantly tell them porkies about what other companies have offered. Always helps.

Ahhh thats cracking. Did you do that knowing Talk Talk would get in touch with BT and theyd get in touch with you?

Yeah the person at TalkTalk said that they would contact them and then BT would ring me to confirm that I was switching,BT then made me a silly offer and told me that they would contact TalkTalk to let them know I would no longer be moving.

A few years ago all you needed to do was say that you would be leaving and they (BT not sure about others) would sort out a better deal than advertised,that seems to have changed now and you have to actually put it in motion.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #1341 on: September 23, 2017, 01:36:10 am »
Yeah the person at TalkTalk said that they would contact them and then BT would ring me to confirm that I was switching,BT then made me a silly offer and told me that they would contact TalkTalk to let them know I would no longer be moving.

A few years ago all you needed to do was say that you would be leaving and they (BT not sure about others) would sort out a better deal than advertised,that seems to have changed now and you have to actually put it in motion.
Yeah. You have to actually be prepared to go through with it but 98% they'll come back with a better offer, even if it's days later.

Love BT Sport's European Football show with goals as they go in. Having non-arsehole pundits helps.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #1342 on: September 23, 2017, 01:57:20 am »

Ahhh...now I wouldnt trust someone not to stop one part of it as Id end up with 2 subscriptions/bills. Happened with a gas change yonks ago...twice!

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1343 on: December 24, 2017, 02:57:44 pm »
Probably not a popular opinion around here but I've enjoyed their footballing pundits. Gerrard, Owen, Ferdinand, Lampard, Scholes, Gary Lineker, Steve McManaman ect... They just seem upbeat fellas who enjoy the game and its light hearted which I prefer imo. Really enjoyed Lampard, Gerrard and Ferdinand talking about why England Golden Generation failed.  Great watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRdbUfcBPZw
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1344 on: December 25, 2017, 11:47:52 am »
So Sky now (or to be) available on BT and vice versa so no need for both? Only watch the football anyway as 999 channels of poop really

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1345 on: December 26, 2017, 10:22:18 am »
The BT Sports app is brilliant.

Highlights, goals, incidents, all highlighted on the timeline.. click on them and you can see them and from any angle too...

Very impressive.. makes sky go look very very poor..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1346 on: December 26, 2017, 11:19:31 am »

Highlights, goals, incidents, all highlighted on the timeline.. click on them and you can see them and from any angle too...

Does Sky Go even work in Chrome now?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1347 on: December 26, 2017, 03:30:53 pm »
So Sky now (or to be) available on BT and vice versa so no need for both? Only watch the football anyway as 999 channels of poop really

I think they set the date for some time in 2019.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1348 on: December 26, 2017, 07:12:21 pm »
Does Sky Go even work in Chrome now?
I use the app..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1349 on: December 27, 2017, 11:43:44 am »
anyone know of any deals for BT Sport please

i'm a non BT broadband customer but have SKY

from what i can work out if i want HD it will be £35 a month?!? :o

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1350 on: December 28, 2017, 03:33:13 pm »

The other good thing is you don't have to register devices like Sky Go/Now TV. That means I can fire it up on my tablet, phone, laptop or via chromecast perfect if you are at a mates house. Found out yesterday that chromecast on Now TV counts as a device, even if your tablet is registered (I already have 4 devices registered). Whilst that technically makes sense (Chromecast makes a request for the stream) its a bit sneaky from Sky.

The only negative with the BT Sport app is it won't let you use the enhanced player with chromecast which means you can't pause/rewind. Also the app seems to go into a fit when the 5:30 game ends before the 8pm discussion show starts.

I've just renewed BT infinity/TV for another 2 years, that covers a ton of games just a shame they love putting Utd on so much. Just going to sign up for the odd month here and there on Now TV if there are any particularly good months.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1351 on: December 30, 2017, 08:23:30 pm »
Some good analysis about the Man U game and their ineffectiveness by Keown, Scoles and Hargreaves tonight - very much prompted by Jake Humphrey. You wouldn't get that on Sky at all.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1352 on: December 30, 2017, 08:42:39 pm »
To be fair to Keown he can be very blunt at times

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1353 on: December 30, 2017, 10:37:08 pm »
To be fair to Keown he can be very blunt at times
He very much has his own agenda, and I don't particularly like him, but the whole discussion was good. Humphrey started it by asking what happened and "don't just say they weren't good enough", it was fairly decent but then Scoles half reluctantly continued it and it was really interesting. Not brilliantly insightful, but certainly not cliched shite. Lets see what MoTD do with it all.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1354 on: April 11, 2018, 10:29:44 am »
Their CL No Filter series is really effing great.  Does help when we get the right result though.

City 1st Leg
https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/981797160244178944

City 2nd leg
https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/983969697392545793

And this gif is just life itself
https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/983806009872474113
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1355 on: April 11, 2018, 07:16:02 pm »
Their CL No Filter series is really effing great.  Does help when we get the right result though.

City 1st Leg
https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/981797160244178944

City 2nd leg
https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/983969697392545793

And this gif is just life itself
https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/983806009872474113

Lampard looks absolutely devastated in them  8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1356 on: April 11, 2018, 08:37:21 pm »

That's Manchester City legend Frank Lampard to you ;)
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1357 on: April 11, 2018, 08:37:53 pm »
buffet must have ran out

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #1358 on: April 12, 2018, 08:10:40 am »
Getting fed up with these 1730 BT Sport kick off times for home matches, a real pain for me with my disabled son and makes it a really long day with going to the match.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1359 on: April 12, 2018, 11:45:04 am »
I've been pretty impressed with BT Sport's coverage this season. For Premier League games and the European games.

It's less sensationalist then Sky and more insightful than what you would get on MotD for example. Partly because of the pundits they have on but mainly because of the anchor/host. Gary Lineker is good on the European shows and is pretty much the best around at that type of thing for football in the UK. I've been impressed with Jake Humphrey's though. More so he handling of the Saturday thing they do after the game when they talk through a wider range of subjects around football. Also think the pundits have been good and open on this. Owen Hargreaves and Martin Keown in particular were good on this -  Owen Hargreaves bit on injuries and giving up the game was an excellent insight. I actually think Lampard, Ferdinand and Gerrard are decent enough pundits also.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.