Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3300104 times)

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #22600 on: December 25, 2019, 07:18:14 pm »
All the very best to everyone at TAW, to the staff and all of the contributors. You all do a wonderful job in providing us Reds with something amazingly unique.

Your global audience appreciates it :)

Up the fuckin Reds.

Can't beat that.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22601 on: December 26, 2019, 11:03:55 pm »
Paul Senior’s hot take on Firmino has seemingly spurred him on.

Merry New Year TAW bods. Xx
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22602 on: December 27, 2019, 02:00:12 am »
Paul Senior’s hot take on Firmino has seemingly spurred him on.

Merry New Year TAW bods. Xx

:D
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22603 on: December 27, 2019, 02:00:37 am »
Suggestion: The "Numero 6" book cover would be a nice poster for the shop!   8)
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22604 on: December 27, 2019, 08:34:14 am »
EPIC - in game - PINK

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #22605 on: December 27, 2019, 10:22:20 am »
Yep.. what a pink.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #22606 on: December 27, 2019, 01:17:03 pm »
Any chance you you could fix the video player on the site? Bit annoying to see the five minute preview on YouTube when there's no way to watch.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22607 on: December 27, 2019, 01:53:44 pm »
Looks like rumours of Bobby's demise were ill founded.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22608 on: December 27, 2019, 01:56:22 pm »
Looks like rumours of Bobby's demise were ill founded.

You just catching up with Dallas?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22609 on: December 27, 2019, 04:16:25 pm »
Seasons greetings to all yours.

I’ve got many many happy hours listening over the last year.

And just the occasional moment that’s made me really think
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #22610 on: December 27, 2019, 06:08:08 pm »
I think Senior’s comments about Firmino’s form were reasonable but I do think he overstated a broader demise in Bobby’s game. From what I recall, Senior wasn’t simply suggesting he was out of form, it was that his whole game had declined over a significant period. Given the level of analytics used by the club I don’t think this would’ve have been acceptable if it were true. He wouldn’t be getting his game so often.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22611 on: December 28, 2019, 08:53:08 am »
Senior's man enough to own all his opinions so I think he's a great addition to the main conversation. I didn't think he was right re: Bobby's overall game, but he was shite against Watford and looked like he wanted four touches when one would do.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22612 on: December 28, 2019, 08:54:05 am »
Neil made an excellent point on the Weekender yesterday: if we are to win the title, it'll be a weight off the shoulders of lots of fan bases.

Also his analogy of the bike in wrapping paper was very very funny.

Offline PaulSenior

• Main Stander
  • And its off to the match we go...
« Reply #22613 on: December 28, 2019, 12:57:51 pm »
My point in a nutshell was that I felt his form had dropped off from a high, in 17/18, to a lower level and then I had concerns it had dropped again. I believed he was absolutely integral to everything we did then, and I don’t think such he holds such importance now.

It was never a “I think he’s shit” point, just a we’re seeing a decline here and it needs to stop. Thankfully his last 120 mins of football has helped ease those concerns. 

I think Senior’s comments about Firmino’s form were reasonable but I do think he overstated a broader demise in Bobby’s game. From what I recall, Senior wasn’t simply suggesting he was out of form, it was that his whole game had declined over a significant period. Given the level of analytics used by the club I don’t think this would’ve have been acceptable if it were true. He wouldn’t be getting his game so often.
@PaulSenior1

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #22614 on: December 28, 2019, 03:35:22 pm »
Any chance you you could fix the video player on the site? Bit annoying to see the five minute preview on YouTube when there's no way to watch.

???

Offline fowler9_god

• Kopite
  • And could he play!
« Reply #22615 on: December 29, 2019, 05:20:06 am »
Paul Senior basing things off nothing and being wrong again? Paint me shocked
Justice for the 96

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22616 on: December 29, 2019, 07:54:20 pm »
I'm expecting someone to look into fixing the video on the website in the new year to be honest, be nice if somebody responded like
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #22617 on: December 29, 2019, 08:44:38 pm »
It's great entertainment how seriously they take the greatest XI shows, made even the greatest LFC team of the decade a good listen even though it's just a matter IMO of which ten from the current squad you pick alongside Suarez. Agreed with the rest that Gutmann's choices were ludicrous in this instance, even though he's usually spot on.

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #22618 on: December 29, 2019, 09:12:44 pm »
Desperate to listen to the reaction but I  can’t access the Post Match Pint or the Post Match Show on the App and can only access the 5 minute taster on the website 😥

Missing Robbo’s GET INs - hope he’s ok

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #22619 on: December 29, 2019, 10:51:58 pm »
I can't get on the app at all on my phone but can listen to stuff through itunes still thankfully.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Adamski LFC

• Kopite
  • Polymath, ... I think not
    • Dash Equestrian
« Reply #22620 on: December 30, 2019, 07:41:20 am »
Subscription service is down for me again.

Keeping count that's five times by my reckoning.
Hoping not to embarrass oneself should not be the ultimate aim when posting

Offline Feorax

• Anny Roader
« Reply #22621 on: December 30, 2019, 07:42:17 am »
Just had to re-activate my subscription to. No idea why it didn’t renew.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #22622 on: December 30, 2019, 09:49:35 am »
Just had to re-activate my subscription to. No idea why it didn’t renew.

Hmm... Not going to be charged twice or more than we should, are we?

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #22623 on: December 31, 2019, 07:44:49 am »
I can't use the app at the moment to listen to audio podcast?  Can this be sorted asap please.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22624 on: December 31, 2019, 12:03:11 pm »
I got an email yesterday saying there had been an attempt to hack the website, was in my spam folder

TAW Access/Attempted Hack

Hi All

If you have emailed into help regarding this issue here is the update, and also, this issue won't have affected you all.

There have been issues with the website across the last few days and this has had a knock on effect around subscription accounts. One of those issues has been an attempt to hack the website.

What has happened, is payments made when the site has been down hadn't hit. We think we have resolved that now so if you have been struggling please refresh.

No one will be getting charged twice.

Currently it would be better if you could use our app or third party providers rather than the website as we're still trying to lock down stability.

Thanks for your patience. We are working on it the best we can and will keep doing so.

Thanks

Neil.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22625 on: January 1, 2020, 10:15:24 pm »
I was wondering after listening to the AFQ this week, is drinking really that big of a deal in Liverpool?

I can not do it. I seem to have terrible hanger over genes or something.
If I drank as much as they are making out in the Podcasts I would be in the ER with in a month.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #22626 on: January 2, 2020, 08:00:11 am »
I’ve not had 3rd party access for about a week now. I like the TAW app but usually listen to content on podcast app.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22627 on: January 2, 2020, 08:58:22 am »
Have you logged out and back in again? 

Sorted me out on the apple app.
W

Online Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #22628 on: January 2, 2020, 11:20:03 am »
Have you logged out and back in again? 

Sorted me out on the apple app.
Yes. But I’ll keep trying!!

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #22629 on: January 2, 2020, 11:26:23 am »
I was wondering after listening to the AFQ this week, is drinking really that big of a deal in Liverpool?

I can not do it. I seem to have terrible hanger over genes or something.
If I drank as much as they are making out in the Podcasts I would be in the ER with in a month.
I’m not from Liverpool but yeah, it’s like that in Britain generally; not universally by any means, and probably in truth most people aren’t drinking every day, but you really don’t have to go far to look for it especially socially.  The US is massively different in that way.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22630 on: January 2, 2020, 11:31:30 am »
Glad, if slightly horrified, to finally get the full story of how Neil missed the Barcelona game.  Quite amusing and all, but I’m genuinely a little worried for you mate, not just that but a few things, how little you seem to sleep mostly but also puking up all your manganese.  Maybe make it a thing to take proper care of yourself?  We’ve got a stream of listening that needs safeguarding here.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22631 on: January 2, 2020, 11:48:16 am »
Now we have the daily run down, could we have a run down of the content out today or tomorrow.

Would be helpful!
W

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #22632 on: January 2, 2020, 02:44:42 pm »
I’m not from Liverpool but yeah, it’s like that in Britain generally; not universally by any means, and probably in truth most people aren’t drinking every day, but you really don’t have to go far to look for it especially socially.  The US is massively different in that way.

https://www.alcohol.org/guides/global-drinking-demographics/

Found it strange that the UK wasn`t among the top 10.

Offline diglet

• Main Stander
« Reply #22633 on: January 3, 2020, 12:01:14 am »
Glad, if slightly horrified, to finally get the full story of how Neil missed the Barcelona game.  Quite amusing and all, but I’m genuinely a little worried for you mate, not just that but a few things, how little you seem to sleep mostly but also puking up all your manganese.  Maybe make it a thing to take proper care of yourself?  We’ve got a stream of listening that needs safeguarding here.

Which show was this on? Have missed most over Xmas period with lack of commuting!

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22634 on: January 3, 2020, 08:40:43 am »
Which show was this on? Have missed most over Xmas period with lack of commuting!
You can find descriptions of Neil falling to bits on the recent AFQ Football and EPL shows.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22635 on: January 3, 2020, 11:49:52 am »
Really enjoyed the EPL show, first 15 mins of Johnno derailing the show just mischievously sniggering away at Neil's expense plus the Moyes chat :lmao

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #22636 on: January 3, 2020, 09:37:35 pm »
Really enjoyed the EPL show, first 15 mins of Johnno derailing the show just mischievously sniggering away at Neil's expense plus the Moyes chat :lmao
Could have had another 45 minutes of that show.

The Weekender was boss as well. I drove back from Horwich near Bolton back down south day so had the Pink, EPL, Weekender and then stuck on the Peter Crouch podcast and the Ramble for the final furlongs.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22637 on: January 3, 2020, 10:26:37 pm »
The Reviews used to be one of my favorite shows, but Sean Rogers comes up with the most ridiculous self-deprecating hot takes I've ever heard. Sheffield United was unlucky not to get a goal in the first half? No clue what match he was watching...

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #22638 on: January 3, 2020, 10:56:19 pm »
The Reviews used to be one of my favorite shows, but Sean Rogers comes up with the most ridiculous self-deprecating hot takes I've ever heard. Sheffield United was unlucky not to get a goal in the first half? No clue what match he was watching...
Not listened to it yet but if he did say that it's absurd. 2 shots and an xG of 0.08!
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #22639 on: January 4, 2020, 09:08:31 am »
Moyes chat is always entertaining.