Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 661152 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Origi, chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker
« Reply #2280 on: September 3, 2017, 01:39:40 am »
Something that's worth remembering is that he is still very young. I think it's great we included the clause about bringing him back in January if needed - not only is it useful, but it send the lad a message that we've not given up on him at all.

I think Div knows that, he seems to have a solid relationship with the boss, and he'll have left him in no doubt. Even the other week he made a point to talk about Div in that post match interview on NBCSN, saying how tough it is to leave him out of the squad and how well he's been working and looking in training.  And it was Origi who was keen on the loan, partly I guess he's understandibly worried about missing out on the world cup. 

But yes, I agree totally about the clause, its' just very sensible. It's a nice safety net to know he's available.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2281 on: September 3, 2017, 01:14:15 pm »
I thought this was a really classy message from the lad.

https://twitter.com/DivockOrigi/status/903835562334978051

He's always come across as a really nice guy, from the few interviews with him that I've seen. There's more human decency contained within that single tweet than in the sum total of all of Donald Trump's put together.

I hope he does well at Wolfsburg. We seem fairly well stocked at centre forward and even out wide now, with our various options, so I think a loan move was best for all concerned. He's never quite been the same after that nasty challenge in the derby, but I still believe there's a really good player in there. I know it's a cliche, but he really does have all the tools - he just needs to knit them together, add a dash of confidence and he could become an elite striker. Best of luck big man, see you soon.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2282 on: September 19, 2017, 09:35:28 pm »
Scored earlier versus Bremen: https://streamable.com/hfuwh
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2283 on: September 20, 2017, 04:02:17 am »
Good to see him making runs like that to score, seemed a bit passive at times here.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2284 on: September 22, 2017, 02:28:42 pm »
Searching for Origi's goal and I find this: https://youtu.be/HRBLNYgifA8

Don't you just love those vids with a posh robot mispronouncing everything and telling you the obvious
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:31:14 pm by Keith Lard »
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #2285 on: September 22, 2017, 02:53:31 pm »

Don't you just love those vids with a posh robot mispronouncing everything and telling you the obvious
Why the fuck are anonymous now analysing Divock Origi's performances? :D  :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gUbU0FcPZG4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gUbU0FcPZG4</a>
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2286 on: September 22, 2017, 03:00:25 pm »
Good to see him making runs like that to score, seemed a bit passive at times here.

Yep, that was a major annoyance of mine with him. I'm a huge fan of his but too often a great ball would fizz across the 6 yard box begging to be tapped in and Origi would be on the 18 yard line dawdling forward towards the goal.

If he can learn to be aggressive with his runs and time them better like with his goal the other day then that will be one major box ticked off in terms of his development.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2287 on: September 22, 2017, 03:30:56 pm »
Why the fuck are anonymous now analysing Divock Origi's performances? :D  :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gUbU0FcPZG4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gUbU0FcPZG4</a>

haha ;D
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #2288 on: September 22, 2017, 05:09:37 pm »

'The Beligian striker' ;D
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #2289 on: September 22, 2017, 07:31:37 pm »
Leading the line tonight v Bayern away due to Mario Gomez injury.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2290 on: October 15, 2017, 03:14:57 pm »
Div scored a cracking header today, he's had an interesting first half, mistake for Leverkusen's opener, but now equalised with a very good finish. Just before half time.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2292 on: October 15, 2017, 04:11:02 pm »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2293 on: October 15, 2017, 06:11:23 pm »
Lovely header

Glad to see he's grabbed a couple of goals so far, long may it continue

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2294 on: October 15, 2017, 06:13:16 pm »
Nice.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #2295 on: October 15, 2017, 06:33:07 pm »
It would be great if Origi could rediscover his form at the end of the 15/16 season. He lost his way after the injury in the Merseyside derby and this spell at Wolfsburg could do that.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2296 on: October 16, 2017, 03:57:06 pm »
It would be great if Origi could rediscover his form at the end of the 15/16 season. He lost his way after the injury in the Merseyside derby and this spell at Wolfsburg could do that.

He's certainly getting plenty of playing time there especially with Mario Gomez' injury. And after the change of coach there recently, and even though they are still struggling for wins, they are picking up points now and look to be playing better, so hopefully they will start climbing the table.  Few more goals from big Div will help that :)  Big test for them next week at home vs TSG Hoffenheim.

Offline James Boyd

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2297 on: October 16, 2017, 07:53:22 pm »
The loan will do him good, but I wish he was here as he would be a better option than Sturridge in my opinion.

Easy to forget that he isn't 23 until next year.

Offline HumanRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #2298 on: October 17, 2017, 12:54:39 am »

Yes, he was a big miss in the Europe Final too. He was looking superb before that injury. Full of confidence. He's got a World Cup squad place to play for so he's going to be motivated every game for Wolfsburg. It may not be a glamour club but it's a good place for him to develop and build confidence.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2299 on: October 17, 2017, 02:58:14 am »
His finishing ability is underrated. Its what I like most about him, give him chances and he wont miss many which is amazing considering how young he is ..

The issue tho IMO is his anticipation. Sometimes he stops moving and just watch what will happen unlike Salah for example who is always moving and trying to be in good positions even if his teammate decided to shoot instead of passing. His build, pace , shooting and heading technique , and control is already good but not enough, if his game intelligence improve he will become a top striker.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2301 on: November 3, 2017, 12:11:25 am »
Be good business for both Origi and ourselves if we can get a decent fee with a buy back clause.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2302 on: November 3, 2017, 12:15:16 am »
Be good business for both Origi and ourselves if we can get a decent fee with a buy back clause.

Or we can bring him back next year and add some more depth to our attack. 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2303 on: November 3, 2017, 12:19:11 am »

I would like him back at sometime but atm we have so many quality young forwards who we will need to give some minutes over the next year or risk losing them as well.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2304 on: November 3, 2017, 01:28:02 am »
I would like him back at sometime but atm we have so many quality young forwards who we will need to give some minutes over the next year or risk losing them as well.

We have Solanke who is ready for the 1st team (obviously) but Brewster, who I’m assuming you are also talking about, is still a couple of years away.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #2305 on: November 3, 2017, 04:43:11 am »
Hopefully he can play both the Firmino role and Mane role and rotate with them next year to get enough games. If not, then sell with a buy back. I still can't forget that 3 month stretch at the end of 2016 when he killed it week in week out.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2306 on: November 3, 2017, 09:23:57 am »

If Origi continues to impress in the Bundesliga then this is the correct answer.

Daniel Sturridge will be 29 next season. Dominic Solanke may turn out a great player but at the moment is completely unproven and has yet to score a goal in English football at 1st team level. Divock Origi has his faults and it remains to be seen whether he can take his game to a level that is required for a striker at a CL club. However, he's definitely a goal scorer at the highest level.  As a 22 year old he has ~50 career goals when playing in one of the top 5 leagues in Europe. His strike rate is somewhere between 1 goal in every 2 or 3 starts.

I can see the logic in letting him go on loan this season. He should develop further with regular game time. That development should be for the benefit of Liverpool's playing squad in 2018/19. Not for us to get a tidy profit on him. You don't easily give up young players who look like they can score at the highest level.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2307 on: November 3, 2017, 09:37:38 am »
The lad should really be here as surely the best one to develop him in the Klopp way is Jurgen. Solanke & Ings are not even getting a look in so that leaves Sturridge as our only senior 'striker' in the first team squad. Thought there be room for Origi especially against the park the bus teams with his presence in the box but think he does not fit what Klopp wants. Again hes not here so just wasting words on a non existent option right now.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #2308 on: November 3, 2017, 09:48:31 am »
I'd like to see him come back and compete for a place next season but it's still early days in this season, let's see how well he does at the end of the season and evaluate then

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2309 on: November 3, 2017, 09:52:27 am »
We have Solanke who is ready for the 1st team (obviously) but Brewster, who I’m assuming you are also talking about, is still a couple of years away.

I may be setting myself up for disappointment but I fully expect that we will buy a first team striker in the next two windows,summer more likely unless he has his eyes on one that he could pick up in Jan.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2310 on: November 3, 2017, 11:54:41 am »
The lad should really be here as surely the best one to develop him in the Klopp way is Jurgen. Solanke & Ings are not even getting a look in so that leaves Sturridge as our only senior 'striker' in the first team squad. Thought there be room for Origi especially against the park the bus teams with his presence in the box but think he does not fit what Klopp wants. Again hes not here so just wasting words on a non existent option right now.

But he wanted to go cos of the world cup, keeping an unhappy player this season wasn't probably seen as a great idea. I can't see how he'd be playing here that much this season anyway, he'd still have Firmino, Salah, Mane, Coutinho and Sturridge all ahead of him in the front 3 positions. So his level of frustration within the team would likely have just risen even more than it already was.

He's not been right since that Everton thug injured him. At least now he's playing. Whether he starts looking like the player he did 2 seasons ago before his injury, I guess we find out as the season goes on. So far he's doing ok.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2311 on: November 5, 2017, 05:44:21 pm »
Divock starting again today for Wolfsburg, playing wider on the right most of this game so far, as Mario Gomez is back.

He just assisted on the equalising goal for Wolfsburg. 1-1 with a few mins left to half time.

He just had a decent shot too, just wide, he went over to the left and cut in, nice skill. He's looking pretty confident out there.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2312 on: November 5, 2017, 06:19:55 pm »
And now he's scored. Scrappy one, but they all count.  Came off his belly :lmao

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2313 on: November 5, 2017, 06:51:34 pm »
Is right Div. Hoping he comes back and starts firing them in for the reds again, I really like the lad.

Still only 22 as well, I've not seen much of him at Wolfsburg, but I bet playing with an experienced player like Gomez has done him no harm.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2314 on: November 5, 2017, 06:55:15 pm »
Is right Div. Hoping he comes back and starts firing them in for the reds again, I really like the lad.

Still only 22 as well, I've not seen much of him at Wolfsburg, but I bet playing with an experienced player like Gomez has done him no harm.

he's not had much of a chance to be in the team with Gomez cos Gomez was injured, but he's back now.

Game ended up 3-3 today, very entertaining. Origi had a hugely positive impact, with a good assist for their 1st goal and scoring the 3rd. He was subbed off late when they where 3-2 up, to try and see out the game, but alas, they gave up a late goal. Wolfsburg cannot turn draws into wins. But Divock is making a good impact for them and looks to be play with decent confidence and the fans sure do like him!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2315 on: November 5, 2017, 08:42:20 pm »
Get in Big Div, think he still has a future here

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #2316 on: November 5, 2017, 08:52:55 pm »
Still averaging around 2.7 shots per 90, which has always been his Achilles heel. It's up from the 2.09 per 90 he had last season for us though.

But if we see him get that number up into the low to mid-3s, that'll be a sign that he's getting into more positions to score. That's what he's going to need to be doing if he's going to play for us regularly. Firmino usually around the 2.7-2.9 mark, but he offers more in his all round game. Divock would need to improve his shooting output (in order to improve his goalscoring) to be more than what Firmino offers to be that alternative, genuine #9 we need.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2317 on: November 5, 2017, 10:24:53 pm »
Get in Big Div, think he still has a future here
Unlikely, I would imagine. Not sure where his games are going to come from. Once the decision has been taken to loan a player out, very rarely do they come back and establish themselves as a first team regular with us.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #2318 on: November 5, 2017, 10:48:57 pm »
Unlikely, I would imagine. Not sure where his games are going to come from. Once the decision has been taken to loan a player out, very rarely do they come back and establish themselves as a first team regular with us.

Pretty small sample size of players, wouldn't you say?

I'd argue that of all the players that got loaned out at the top level and succeeded, only Suso then wasn't extended here. And if I'm not mistaken, that was because he wanted to go to Milan as much as anything. Sakho is another example, but obviously we wanted to be rid of him.

So I think my answer to this is, he needs to have a really good season to come back into the fold. Like a 15+ goal season, which he's currently on track to doing, but also improving his all round game.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #2319 on: November 6, 2017, 01:44:05 am »
Pretty small sample size of players, wouldn't you say?

I'd argue that of all the players that got loaned out at the top level and succeeded, only Suso then wasn't extended here. And if I'm not mistaken, that was because he wanted to go to Milan as much as anything. Sakho is another example, but obviously we wanted to be rid of him.

So I think my answer to this is, he needs to have a really good season to come back into the fold. Like a 15+ goal season, which he's currently on track to doing, but also improving his all round game.
Also, surely to some extent everything pre-Klopp is irrelevant here? Would it make any difference if hundreds of players had been loaned, come back, then succeeded? Or failed? Surely every case is unique anyway. Not to mention the fact the past has absolutely no bearing on what decision Klopp will make with Origi.

It seems like that human need to find patterns and make predictions taking over.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd