Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3278832 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #12960 on: January 18, 2021, 09:06:12 pm »
I don’t get this they’re on top of us, why would they be disappointed, Mourinho made a living of getting results like this and winning the title.

Even in Ferguson’s time when they were better than us they would be happy with a draw at Anfield.

Because they are obsessed with us and they have 2 cup finals a year?

Only their most blinkered think they are any good, all the Mancs I know and its a lot, accept they are shite, the footy is shite and they are going nowhere.  To have taken all 3 pts from us would be a poke in the eye to us.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #12961 on: January 18, 2021, 09:09:35 pm »

Only their most blinkered think they are any good, all the Mancs I know and its a lot, accept they are shite, the footy is shite and they are going nowhere.  To have taken all 3 pts from us would be a poke in the eye to us.

Two cup semi finals a year for correctness.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12962 on: January 18, 2021, 11:06:10 pm »
They are not a great as Lord Haw Haw Neville would have you believe. They have been shite up to now but got the lucky breaks or dodgy decisions .

And will continue to get them. That's part of the problem. Until the FA becomes neutral they will always have an advantage.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12963 on: January 18, 2021, 11:50:53 pm »

That's similar to what I posted the other day regarding the United fans my brother works with (he lives in Cheshire).

To be honest, I thought most of them would have swallowed the media hype and nonsense and be crowing from the rooftops, yet the ones in his work are talking about lots of luck, false positions in the league and Pogba being shite.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Klopp Your Hands

• And Stompp yer feet!
  • Kopite
  • If you're a Kopite and you know it Klopp ur hands!
« Reply #12964 on: January 19, 2021, 12:55:17 am »
My dad is a Man U fan, he's been around since they were relegated so has seen it all.
He isn't getting away with himself over Man Utds position, but he's enjoying it.

After the 7 years they have had, it's a sensible postion imo - enjoy the ride and see where things are in a few months.

We are just 3 pts from the top of the table, potentially more if City keep winning, no idea how it will end, but we should be optimistic if we can just find our shooting boots.

Man Utd have improved massively, Fernandes has been a revelation for them - I think he is a snide, most punchable they have had since Herrera, but a great player.
At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12965 on: January 19, 2021, 09:50:24 am »
That's similar to what I posted the other day regarding the United fans my brother works with (he lives in Cheshire).

To be honest, I thought most of them would have swallowed the media hype and nonsense and be crowing from the rooftops, yet the ones in his work are talking about lots of luck, false positions in the league and Pogba being shite.

Wife asked her brother the other day if he was watching the game, he said no cos we're shite. He used to go home and away from when he was a kid in the 70's, all over Europe, still goes the odd game now and then. They then got onto would any of this team get into the 90's team and they both said no, they both hate Pogba. I suppose, having been there when they were shit, then seeing the Fergie years, they know the difference, unlike the entitled twats who attached themselves in the glory days - our half time threads and FT threads on here have the same whoppers.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #12966 on: January 19, 2021, 03:49:21 pm »
You’ve gotta laugh at their dumbness.

They claim that they decided to play dogshit football because they were away to the current champions and they don’t normally play like that.

So it was tactical to play like dogshit and to hardly touch the ball. Packing your own defence and not having the balls to attack is a crap way to play and, as effective as it has been, they’ve paid a lot of money for 8 defenders, one attacker and one midfield player who cries like a girl when cuffed on the ear. Yes even Burnley, WBA etc get out of their own half several times per match.

It makes a mockery of their manager’s claim that we were there for the taking. Say again, a team consisting of 8 players whose main role was to sit behind the ball isn’t really telling me they thought we were vulnerable.

But it’s the same old weasel words from their fans and manager that believe they are a good team. It’s turgid and lifeless.

Feel free to copy and paste @noideaforaname............send me your email address and I’ll forward all my posts to save you the bother.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 03:57:43 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12967 on: January 19, 2021, 03:56:37 pm »
If you can't score at Anfield against two midfielders who are playing as centerbacks, then you never will.

When's the parade?

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12968 on: January 19, 2021, 04:03:28 pm »
You’ve gotta laugh at their dumbness.

“So instead, the most bitter ones (at RAWK) decide that the way we played today away to the current league champions is the way we play every game, in order to try and claim the moral victory.”

So it was tactical to play like dogshit and to hardly touch the ball. Packing your own defence and not having the balls to attack is a crap way to play and, as effective as it has been, they’ve paid a lot of money for 8 defenders, one attacker and one midfield player who cries like a girl when cuffed on the ear. Yes even Burnley, WBA etc get out of their own half several times per match.

It makes a mockery of their manager’s claim that we were there for the taking. Say again, a team consisting of 8 players whose main role was to sit behind the ball isn’t really telling me they thought we were vulnerable.

But it’s the same old weasel words from their fans and manager that believe they are a good team. It’s turgid and lifeless.

Feel free to copy and paste @noideaforaname............send me your email address and I’ll forward all my posts to save you the bother.

The league games against the big clubs since being spanked by Spurs are dour 0-0 draws with Chelsea and Manchester City in which they barely got out of their own half. They didn’t score against Arsenal either, and played out another 0-0 with us in which they had a couple of attacks towards the end of the game.

So they may not play like it every game but the common denominator in the boring as shit games between the bigger clubs in the league is them. (With the exception of the Chelsea - Spurs game).

That despite having a half a billion quid team.

Online MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #12969 on: January 19, 2021, 04:15:02 pm »
Can’t be overstated strongly enough in this tight league

Brighton pen after FT 101st min

Villa joke pen

Deflection last seconds v wolves

Deflection v Burnley

Without those they’d be 9th.

Ball going over David Moyes head, and back in again for Pogba's equaliser.
Penalty to WBA awarded, and then rescinded, despite Fernandes foul.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #12970 on: January 19, 2021, 06:56:11 pm »

All that money and barely coming out of their own half against us, City etc.
#JFT97

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12971 on: January 19, 2021, 10:27:08 pm »
If you can't score at Anfield against two midfielders who are playing as centerbacks, then you never will.

When's the parade?

Cancelled?

What, with Leicester now being this weeks new champions.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #12972 on: January 20, 2021, 02:37:43 am »
The league games against the big clubs since being spanked by Spurs are dour 0-0 draws with Chelsea and Manchester City in which they barely got out of their own half. They didn’t score against Arsenal either, and played out another 0-0 with us in which they had a couple of attacks towards the end of the game.

So they may not play like it every game but the common denominator in the boring as shit games between the bigger clubs in the league is them. (With the exception of the Chelsea - Spurs game).

careful now, you are at risk of being called out for being so outspoken. I suggest you bring them crazy ideas elsewhere, no place for them in a utd piss take thread.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12973 on: January 20, 2021, 02:48:39 am »
Got a feeling they will lose against Fulham. Hope scotty will attack them like they attack us. Lookman hat trick coming up. You heard it here first.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12974 on: January 20, 2021, 10:51:43 am »
Fernandes is a good player and his numbers sure got a nice boost with 60% of his goals coming from 12 yards out. In one calendar year he has scored more penalties than Denis Irwin managed in 12 seasons for them. Of course he was not the sole penalty taker for Utd but thats crazy.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12975 on: January 20, 2021, 12:16:24 pm »
Luke Shaw , shite for 2 years makes a couple of runs in a game and is now the best left back in the league.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12976 on: January 20, 2021, 12:19:34 pm »
Fernandes is a good player and his numbers sure got a nice boost with 60% of his goals coming from 12 yards out. In one calendar year he has scored more penalties than Denis Irwin managed in 12 seasons for them. Of course he was not the sole penalty taker for Utd but thats crazy.

Tonight is the type of game where he stat pads another couple of goals and their fans claim he's better than KDB again.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #12977 on: January 20, 2021, 03:17:01 pm »
Luke Shaw , shite for 2 years makes a couple of runs in a game and is now the best left back in the league.

'Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw was sensational against Liverpool on Sunday - now it is time for him to show everyone he is here to stay.'

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12978 on: January 20, 2021, 03:57:10 pm »
Let's be honest Luke Shaw is the best left back in the world,playing in a team full of world class players and their genius manager,Ole.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12979 on: January 20, 2021, 04:01:55 pm »
I had to laugh reading the papers this morning.

Little old Oleh saying how it's easy to get to the top of the league, but it's harder staying there.  :lmao

This, from the manager of a side that was top for a few days and for the first time in a couple of years.

Do one, you weird little fraud.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12980 on: January 20, 2021, 04:08:19 pm »
Can’t vouch for his other games this season but Shaw has generally played quite well against us over the last few years. Easy for us to laugh at him but when he’s fit he’s a decent left back (presumably he’s now being talked up too much).

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12981 on: January 20, 2021, 04:12:57 pm »
'Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw was sensational against Liverpool on Sunday - now it is time for him to show everyone he is here to stay.'
Dining at the top tables now, is Luke
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #12982 on: January 20, 2021, 06:02:54 pm »
I had to laugh reading the papers this morning.

Little old Oleh saying how it's easy to get to the top of the league, but it's harder staying there.  :lmao

This, from the manager of a side that was top for a few days and for the first time in a couple of years.

Do one, you weird little fraud.

Once again, it's just him quoting stuff from his Fergie handbook.

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12983 on: January 20, 2021, 10:20:11 pm »
They don't have another gear to reach, unfortunately for them. City will finish comfortably ahead of them by end of the season. We will finish above them too if we find our shooting boots.

They have earned their right as challengers, but they won't be winners. I'll rest easy tonight knowing that.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12984 on: January 20, 2021, 10:33:22 pm »
They don't have another gear to reach, unfortunately for them. City will finish comfortably ahead of them by end of the season. We will finish above them too if we find our shooting boots.

They have earned their right as challengers, but they won't be winners. I'll rest easy tonight knowing that.

In a normal season I'd say you're right.  But this is far from normal.  City are good but they're not the reliable winning machine that they were in 2019.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12985 on: January 20, 2021, 10:38:26 pm »

In a normal season I'd say you're right.  But this is far from normal.  City are good but they're not the reliable winning machine that they were in 2019.

I still think we have a far better chance than them.

We have at least two more gears to go up. It's been said time and time again, but they are getting all the decisions, no injuries, everything is working out for them. The opposite is true for us, yet we are still only 3 points behind them if we win tomorrow.

And apparently, we've been shite, so even with all that stuff going in their favour, they are only 6 (should be 3 this time tomorrow, hopefully) points ahead a Liverpool side ravaged with Injuries, hard done by VAR and going through their worst run of form in years.

I'd say relax to anyone worrying too much about United. It's not impossible for them to win it, but i'd say its very unlikely.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12986 on: January 20, 2021, 10:38:45 pm »

They’ve only conceded 4 goals since we scored against them. And two of them were in the next game.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12987 on: January 20, 2021, 10:41:00 pm »
They’ve only conceded 4 goals since we scored against them. And two of them were in the next game.
Looking very solid indeed. Thursdays nights will soon be interesting for Ole’s twats.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #12988 on: January 20, 2021, 10:47:10 pm »

Hence why he said city have another gear and they look to be going into 4th about now

United are flat out holding in v Fulham in January. Why are you in every thread trying to convince everyone united will win the league and deservedly so? ;D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 10:56:51 pm by rushyman »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12989 on: January 20, 2021, 10:50:46 pm »

Hate to say it but I shit the bed about 3-4 weeks ago over them and have been proven right. From which I get absolutely zero satisfaction. Villa was supposed to be some sort of test and their next three are just total and utter piss for them.

But for us it's really easy, we just win four games in a row and then beat City at Anfield ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12990 on: January 20, 2021, 10:56:55 pm »
33 points from the last 13 games but don't worry, I think they're gonna turn to shit any moment now, reckon they'll be lucky to get 30 points from the next 13. ;)

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12991 on: January 20, 2021, 11:02:33 pm »
Hence why he said city have another gear and they look to be going into 4th about now

United are flat out holding in v Fulham in January. Why are you in every thread trying to convince everyone united will win the league and deservedly so? ;D

I'm not saying they'll win the league.  Far from it.  And even if I was, that's no dafter than the ones saying they definitely won't.

Anyway.  I'm out of here.  Need to go an spend my winnings!  ;) ;D

PS  Not sure where City's next gears are.  Aguero should be it but I doubt he'll be getting back to his best any time soon.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 11:04:18 pm by Red_Rich »

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #12992 on: January 20, 2021, 11:12:08 pm »

I'm not saying they'll win the league.  Far from it.  And even if I was, that's no dafter than the ones saying they definitely won't.

PS  Not sure where City's next gears are.  Aguero should be it but I doubt he'll be getting back to his best any time soon.

Leicester could. Spurs could. Equally Doubtful

It isn’t Agüero that’s for sure

It’s simply their form now compared to earlier in season

I also won, Manc double.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12993 on: January 20, 2021, 11:17:57 pm »
Got to say now that I am starting to respect Man Utd a bit more. I thought they were a shite setup, but if Ole can get a tune out of the players in his squad then they could be in with a chance of doing something this season. I’m not actually watching their games but the run they’re on commands some respect, and the run we’re  on demands some humility. We need to raise our levels and go back to being closer or at the juggernaut level we have been for the last couple years. Absolute confidence in the management and lads.

But yep, fair play to them. They’re top of the league at the halfway point, so fair do’s.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12994 on: January 20, 2021, 11:20:54 pm »
I also won, Manc double.

Aye. Was annoyed I didn't start doing this earlier myself.  I've got all four of their next games (two have already come in) and us to draw/lose to Tottenham so in the ultimate worst case scenario I can gorge on Chinese, unfortunately I am off the booze.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12995 on: January 21, 2021, 07:46:39 am »
The win last night is good as it keeps Ole in the job etc and so on and so forth.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12996 on: January 21, 2021, 08:09:58 am »

Bragging about winning money by betting on our rivals always goes down well!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12997 on: January 21, 2021, 09:01:44 am »
Just how the fuck Fred not being sent off every 2 matches is beyond me. I can count 3 yellow card tackles from him every single match.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12998 on: January 21, 2021, 09:08:11 am »
I wouldn't mind a season where we win the CL, Leicester wins the league and Utd ends up 5th.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12999 on: January 21, 2021, 09:37:41 am »
Bragging about winning money by betting on our rivals always goes down well!
Can't speak for Red Rich, but when I bet on our rivals I would always want to ultimately lose the money ;D

Any winnings are there for cheering me up somehow.