Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2090783 times)

Offline Fowler1070

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #15160 on: August 4, 2020, 03:02:35 pm »
Did everyone get the survey?  A few of my friends did, but neither me nor my family did?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15161 on: August 4, 2020, 03:06:50 pm »
A mate of mine did. Apparently one of the questions was the club asking what phones people had as they were looking at 'contactless entry' using phone technology instead of members cards or paper tickets.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15162 on: August 4, 2020, 03:19:27 pm »
Did everyone get the survey?  A few of my friends did, but neither me nor my family did?

Yeah, I got it. Questions from memory like how do you travel to the ground, how many people from inside/outside your family/support bubble do you meet and sit with, what time do you go in the ground and to your seat, what facilities around the ground do you use, what would make you feel comfortable (ie. everyone wearing masks, more hand sanitiser and handwash facilities). And the one about the type of smartphone you have.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15163 on: August 4, 2020, 03:32:46 pm »
Saying they're thinking about a smartphone app for 'contactless entry' is simply lies. Members cards are already contactless, who is touching the terminal when inserting their card?!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15164 on: August 4, 2020, 03:40:58 pm »
Saying they're thinking about a smartphone app for 'contactless entry' is simply lies. Members cards are already contactless, who is touching the terminal when inserting their card?!

There was a question about the importance of contactless related to using your members card at the turnstile as far as I understood it. The question about smartphones was asking if you had things like Google Pay or NFC on your phone. Nothing mentioned using your phone to gain entry to the stadium.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline tarkens

• Kemlynite
« Reply #15165 on: August 4, 2020, 03:51:37 pm »
Questions for those who haven't received it:

Are you a...

Season Ticket holder
LFC Official Member
None of the above

How many matches, if any, do you typically attend at Anfield each season?

None
1 to 4 matches
5 to 10 matches
11 to 15 matches
More than 15 matches
Every match

How old are you?

Under 18
18 to 24
25 to 34
35 to 44
45 to 54
55 to 64
65 and over
Prefer not to answer

Do you consider yourself to have a disability or impairment?

Yes
No
Prefer not to answer

Thinking ahead now to the 2020-21 season, in the scenario that Anfield is allowed to re-open and welcome supporters next season how likely would you be to attend matches?
 Please be assured this information is anonymised and will not be analysed at an individual level, this is to give us a view of our supporters’ current opinions. Any decisions in relation to supporters returning to Anfield will be in line with Government, Premier League and Sports Ground Safety Authority guidance. These guidelines are subject to change and will influence how LFC is able to allow the safe return of fans to Anfield.

I will definitely not attend
I probably will not attend
Not sure
I will probably attend
I will definitely attend

Would you describe yourself as being in a high-risk category in relation to COVID 19?
Please be assured this information is anonymised and will not be analysed at an individual level.

Yes
No
Not sure
Prefer not to answer

How far do you travel to Anfield on a matchday?

Less than a mile
1 to 4 miles
5 to 9 miles
10 to 14 miles
15 to 19 miles
20 to 49 miles
50 to 99 miles
100 to 199 miles
200 miles or more within the UK
From outside of the UK

How often do you typically stay over in accommodation (e.g. hotel, B&B etc) in the Liverpool region when visiting on matchday?

Never
A few matches
Most matches
All matches

Which of the below transport do you typically use to travel to Anfield? Please select all that apply if you use more than one.

Car - drive myself alone
Car - drive myself and other fans attending the match
Car – I get a lift with other fans attending the match
Car - dropped off by someone else
Train to Liverpool
Bus from city centre to Anfield
Train to Sandhills
Soccerbus from Sandhills to Anfield
Taxi
Coach (e.g. Supporters’ Club coach)
Bicycle
Walk
Other – please specify

When do you typically do the following activities? Don’t worry if you can’t remember exactly, just give your best estimate.

Arrive in the Anfield area
Enter the stadium
Take your seat for the match

(5 different options here, more than 2h before KO, 1-2h, 30-60mins, 15-30mins, less than 15mins

Which of the below do you do on a typical visit to an LFC match at Anfield? Please select all that apply.

Visit the LFC retail store
Buy food or drink in the fan zones outside the stadium
Buy food or drink inside the stadium
Meet with friends or family outside the stadium or local pub / shop etc
None of the above

Who do you typically attend the match with and sit with in Anfield?
Please be assured this information will not be analysed at an individual level, this is to give us a view of how supporters attend matches.

I attend the match alone and sit on my own
I attend the match and sit with other people I know

Can you please tell us how many people you typically attend the match with and sit with, in relation to the government guidelines as they currently stand?
Please be assured this information will not be analysed at an individual level, this is to give us a view of how supporters attend matches.

People from the same household
People from a different household who are in my support bubble
People from different households who are outside of my support bubble
Other

(7 different options, from 0 to 6+)

Thinking about attending matches at Anfield when fans are able to safely return, which of these factors are important to you to feel comfortable retuning to Anfield.

Please select all that apply

Contact free entry / payment options
Longer stadium opening hours
Mandatory usage of face coverings
Mandatory usage of gloves
Provision of hand sanitiser
Appropriate hand washing facilities
Regular cleaning / disinfecting of spaces
Restrictions on how many people can enter
Social distancing measures
In seat food & drink service
Other - please specify
None of the above

Can you please tell us which, if any, of the below mobile devices do you have access to use at Anfield on matchday?

iPhone 6 or newer
Android/Google phone with Google Pay installed and NFC (Near Field Communication) enabled
Android/Google phone without NFC enabled
Not sure
None of the above

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15166 on: August 4, 2020, 04:04:53 pm »
There was a question about the importance of contactless related to using your members card at the turnstile as far as I understood it. The question about smartphones was asking if you had things like Google Pay or NFC on your phone. Nothing mentioned using your phone to gain entry to the stadium.

This is what I've seen

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15167 on: August 4, 2020, 04:06:34 pm »
This is what I've seen

Ah yeah, I clearly read things too fast to take it all in! Seems pointless, I'd rather use a members card than my phone to be honest.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2020, 04:09:22 pm by redgriffin73 »

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #15168 on: August 4, 2020, 04:07:51 pm »
It's for transferring tickets

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15169 on: August 4, 2020, 04:12:00 pm »

Of course it is but they shouldn't be using Covid and contactless entry as an excuse to bring us in. Don't treat us like morons and actually give us the real reason.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15170 on: August 4, 2020, 04:14:46 pm »

You mean for ST Holders?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15171 on: August 4, 2020, 04:14:59 pm »
The set of questions seems to be pretty generic. I'm surprised it didn't go in to more depth / invite written answers.

E.g. there was nothing about those that live with high risk people and/or work in high risk jobs.
YNWA.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15172 on: August 5, 2020, 10:14:42 am »

Yeah, I got it

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15173 on: August 5, 2020, 10:15:27 am »
A mate of mine did. Apparently one of the questions was the club asking what phones people had as they were looking at 'contactless entry' using phone technology instead of members cards or paper tickets.

OMG WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE PHONES

*sarcastic smilie*

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15174 on: August 5, 2020, 10:19:17 am »
Ah yeah, I clearly read things too fast to take it all in! Seems pointless, I'd rather use a members card than my phone to be honest.

Yeah same. I have a habit of not charging my phone and it having about 2% battery on the walk up to the ground

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #15175 on: August 5, 2020, 12:04:39 pm »
Cancelled my membership last Tuesday, got refunded today.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15176 on: August 5, 2020, 12:22:37 pm »
Yeah same. I have a habit of not charging my phone and it having about 2% battery on the walk up to the ground

Plus signal is renowned for being utter shite within about a mile radius of the ground. ;D

Offline Fowler1070

• Main Stander
« Reply #15177 on: August 5, 2020, 04:32:46 pm »
Plus signal is renowned for being utter shite within about a mile radius of the ground. ;D

Great shout!  This is something I would never have thought about, until I got there and had zero reception

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #15178 on: August 5, 2020, 05:16:42 pm »
always, without fail after the game my phone never connects to anything until I reach Everton Park, i know the club said they upgraded stuff inside the stadium but i didn't see much improvements

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15179 on: August 5, 2020, 05:30:51 pm »
always, without fail after the game my phone never connects to anything until I reach Everton Park, i know the club said they upgraded stuff inside the stadium but i didn't see much improvements

Think it's more to do with so many people inside a confined space at once, happens at lots of football grounds. My phone is fine inside the ground until about 10-15 mins pre-kick off when it starts to fill up.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15180 on: August 5, 2020, 05:39:25 pm »

Only time I ever get signal in the ground is in the Main Stand.

Anywhere else, and anywhere around the stadium outside, no chance.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #15181 on: August 5, 2020, 05:43:46 pm »
The phone thing is all about knowing who is the stadium, you won’t be able to pass it around.

It isn’t 100% tight but it is a lot easier to control than cards and paper tickets.

I am sure the club said somewhere that they wanted to do this anyway and with the need to be able to know who is where with this virus it makes sense to me to try it.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15182 on: August 5, 2020, 06:01:43 pm »
Think it's more to do with so many people inside a confined space at once, happens at lots of football grounds. My phone is fine inside the ground until about 10-15 mins pre-kick off when it starts to fill up.
i agree to an extent but mine worked okay at Wembley for example, the WiFi in the concourse is fine but you can't get that in the stands, the 4G sometimes works but it's not reliable

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #15183 on: August 5, 2020, 08:08:20 pm »
The phone thing is all about knowing who is the stadium, you won’t be able to pass it around.

It isn’t 100% tight but it is a lot easier to control than cards and paper tickets.

I am sure the club said somewhere that they wanted to do this anyway and with the need to be able to know who is where with this virus it makes sense to me to try it.

PSG do it but it’s as an option. Couple of mates got tickets in their end when we played them off their official exchange - choice was to print off or download to phone. One active barcode per ticket. Can be transferred but name shows on ticket and supposed to show ID. It already works elsewhere.
Long live the King

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #15184 on: August 5, 2020, 08:09:34 pm »
i agree to an extent but mine worked okay at Wembley for example, the WiFi in the concourse is fine but you can't get that in the stands, the 4G sometimes works but it's not reliable

You pre download the ticket to your phone. You don’t need signal to retrieve it.
Long live the King

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15185 on: August 6, 2020, 08:10:33 am »
You pre download the ticket to your phone. You don’t need signal to retrieve it.

But if the bar code or whatever renews every 15 minutes wont you need reception for that ? Otherwise you could just screen grab it and pass it to anyone?

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #15186 on: August 6, 2020, 09:03:44 am »
But if the bar code or whatever renews every 15 minutes wont you need reception for that ? Otherwise you could just screen grab it and pass it to anyone?

The way they did it at PSG was a name on the ticket / download and show ID with it. Not saying it’s perfect just that phone tickets already exist and work.
Long live the King

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15187 on: August 6, 2020, 09:33:07 am »
The way they did it at PSG was a name on the ticket / download and show ID with it. Not saying it’s perfect just that phone tickets already exist and work.

When I went the an NFL game in Miami in November everyone had a mobile ticket. There was no alternative. The wifi outside the ground is excellent and the barcode refreshes every 30 seconds so it couldn't be copied / downloaded.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15188 on: August 6, 2020, 10:18:02 am »
I would have missed the CL Final if the tickets were on my iPhone. It was so hot my iPhone overheated and wouldn't function for about 30 minutes until I got inside and into some shade lol

While I can get the ID-check thing during Covid times for track and trace, I think nevertheless it'll be an opportunity for clubs to try make this the norm, which I don't agree with.
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15189 on: August 6, 2020, 02:55:16 pm »
obviously moblie phone tickets would work offline lol, never said different im just talking about how shit signal is around the ground for general use

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15190 on: August 6, 2020, 03:01:28 pm »
obviously moblie phone tickets would work offline lol, never said different im just talking about how shit signal is around the ground for general use

Then it's pointless doing it as it's no different than a members card...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15191 on: August 6, 2020, 03:06:44 pm »
Sounds like the system Swoopy used in the US needed a phone signal.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15192 on: August 6, 2020, 03:28:31 pm »
Sounds like the system Swoopy used in the US needed a phone signal.

Nah, there was Wifi Access Points Everywhere. You don't need a phone system to join the wifi network and get onto your ticket 'wallet' that way.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15193 on: August 6, 2020, 03:45:26 pm »
Nah, there was Wifi Access Points Everywhere. You don't need a phone system to join the wifi network and get onto your ticket 'wallet' that way.

Cool, ta, you just need better wifi than we have then! ;D

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15194 on: August 6, 2020, 05:44:34 pm »
Then it's pointless doing it as it's no different than a members card...
well if you can transfer freely to anyone yeah, but there's many more ways to limit touting using phone tickets

Offline Ginieus

• Main Stander
  • Chilled out entertainer
« Reply #15195 on: August 6, 2020, 09:25:39 pm »
That was the plan for Euro 2020 tickets - barcode on your phone.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15196 on: August 6, 2020, 11:21:37 pm »
Plenty of venues and events doing the mobile tickets already. Used it many a time at the O2 Arena and never had an issue with it. Don’t see how it’d be an issue if we were to implement it either.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15197 on: August 7, 2020, 08:26:41 am »
Pretty sure my Dad and brother used mobile access in the Nou Camp for the semi last season.

Offline noneoftheabove

• Main Stander
« Reply #15198 on: August 7, 2020, 04:44:56 pm »
That was the plan for Euro 2020 tickets - barcode on your phone.

..and how it worked at the Nations League Finals in Portugal last year. Very easy.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #15199 on: August 7, 2020, 06:12:43 pm »
Pretty sure my Dad and brother used mobile access in the Nou Camp for the semi last season.

Yeah, my fella sat in the Barca end it was mobile access