The Liverpool FC Forum > Hillsborough Memorial Board

* Hillsborough Inquests - RAWK User Warning - Contempt of Court *

(1/8) > >>

Hinesy:

Contempt of Court will be actioned on social networking sites and other websites if RAWK users step over the mark during the sittings. That places the site owners at risk of arrest for your actions. Please read the link below and bear it in mind when posting anything during the court sittings. If you see anything else posted by other users on the site please use the Report To Moderator button to alert us to any issues.

Thanks in advance :wave

http://hillsboroughinquests.independent.gov.uk/documents-and-rulings/

MichaelA:

--- Quote from: Hinesy on February 12, 2014, 12:33:13 pm ---Contempt of Court will be actioned on social networking sites and other websites if RAWK users step over the mark during the sittings. That places the site owners at risk of arrest for your actions. Please read the link below and bear it in mind when posting anything during the court sittings. If you see anything else posted by other users on the site please use the Report To Moderator button to alert us to any issues.

Thanks in advance :wave

http://hillsboroughinquests.independent.gov.uk/documents-and-rulings/

--- End quote ---

Block G Raptor:
What exactly does this entail? is there a media blackout on reporting of the evidence / testimony given to the inquests?
As the admin of the Facebook & Twitter campaign to strip bettisons knighthood should I refrain from posting anything regarding the inquests and disable comments?

MichaelA:
The message in the link is clear - straightforward and balanced reporting of the facts of the case is legal. Prejudicial comment about the case and the people involved in it could be construed as contempt.

Harinder:

--- Quote from: Block G Raptor on February 12, 2014, 03:57:09 pm ---What exactly does this entail? is there a media blackout on reporting of the evidence / testimony given to the inquests?
As the admin of the Facebook & Twitter campaign to strip bettisons knighthood should I refrain from posting anything regarding the inquests and disable comments?

--- End quote ---

I'm going to not opine about the person(s) being investigated. It's hard, believe you me I know this, but the biggest thing will be seeing justice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version