Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 440167 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #4240 on: September 5, 2014, 06:42:28 pm »
BRASILwar

It's quite modest, but usally wins it's wars. I'm fifth in it. About a day into the current war.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4241 on: September 5, 2014, 06:47:34 pm »
BRASILwar

It's quite modest, but usally wins it's wars. I'm fifth in it. About a day into the current war.
BoPoH36 .... Please do not see that as an excuse to attack me and clean me out.

Our arch enemies are Putin rules.... Bastards
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4242 on: September 5, 2014, 06:51:44 pm »
Ugh.

You can't actually choose who to attack can you?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4243 on: September 5, 2014, 06:55:51 pm »
Sent you a friend request through game center.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #4244 on: September 25, 2014, 01:17:16 pm »
Hey guys - I have a question and would be grateful if anyone could advise.

When I was still with my ex a couple of years ago, I downloaded Whatsapp.  Since then, every update has gone fine.  But the latest update is asking me for details of HER apple id/account, which makes me think I must've bought it through her details.  I'm not in contact with her anymore so can't ask her.  If I download the app again with my account, will I have to set it up from new and lose all of the contacts/messages on there?

Hope this makes sense?

Offline Paulie's Wallnuts

• There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #4245 on: September 25, 2014, 04:53:29 pm »
Hey guys - I have a question and would be grateful if anyone could advise.

When I was still with my ex a couple of years ago, I downloaded Whatsapp.  Since then, every update has gone fine.  But the latest update is asking me for details of HER apple id/account, which makes me think I must've bought it through her details.  I'm not in contact with her anymore so can't ask her.  If I download the app again with my account, will I have to set it up from new and lose all of the contacts/messages on there?

Hope this makes sense?
I don't use Whats App but im sure if it like Facebook/Twitter etc, if you delete and then reinstall the content should still be there.
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #4246 on: September 25, 2014, 04:54:12 pm »
Sounds like a copy of clash of clans!
It's made by the same company I think so it wouldnt suprise me! Every game King makes all look the same.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4247 on: October 17, 2014, 01:14:58 pm »
WifiMousePro is free today.

It is a fantastic app, can use it as a mouse, a keyboard, turn up your volume, skip and play songs on your computer/laptop, open your brower and use in powerpoints.

Really reccomend if you often plug your laptop into the TV or whatever.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4248 on: October 17, 2014, 02:45:13 pm »
Hi guys - sorry if this questions has been answered in the thread earlier but I wondered what the best apps are for using email on the iPhone? (I'm getting an iPhone 6 as my work phone although they're out of stock for the minute so won't have it for a few weeks)

Or is it best just to stick with the built in Mail app in iOS?

I use a lot of folders and so need one which syncs really well with my Microsoft Exchange account

Thanks

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4249 on: October 17, 2014, 03:05:37 pm »
personally i use mailbox and think it's by far the best email client on iphone, however it has very limited support in what it works with, it might only work with google and icloud
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4250 on: October 17, 2014, 08:05:04 pm »
Hi guys - sorry if this questions has been answered in the thread earlier but I wondered what the best apps are for using email on the iPhone? (I'm getting an iPhone 6 as my work phone although they're out of stock for the minute so won't have it for a few weeks)

Or is it best just to stick with the built in Mail app in iOS?

I use a lot of folders and so need one which syncs really well with my Microsoft Exchange account

Thanks

personally i use mailbox and think it's by far the best email client on iphone, however it has very limited support in what it works with, it might only work with google and icloud

Mailbox is a great app but doesn't currently support exchange.  You are better sticking with the mail app which will display all the exchange folders.  It only pushes mail to the inbox by default, so if you want to push mail to particular folders you have to select them in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Fetch New Data>[Exchange Account]>Pushed Mailboxes.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:09:30 pm by Swissgaz »
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4251 on: October 20, 2014, 12:01:46 am »
Can anyone suggest a lead that links your iPad up to your TV and makes whats on your iPad appear on the tv?

Thanks.

Offline WAQS

• LYRIQAL
  • Anny Roader
Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #4252 on: October 20, 2014, 12:28:34 am »
Which iPad model is it?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4253 on: October 20, 2014, 10:48:58 am »
Can anyone suggest a lead that links your iPad up to your TV and makes whats on your iPad appear on the tv?

Thanks.

Apple TV!

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4254 on: October 20, 2014, 10:54:12 am »

Thanks.
Apple TV is probably your best and cheapest way.

Apple are a bunch of fucking shysters the way they lock everyone into buying accessories for their products which other companies just take as standard features.
cyas

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4255 on: October 20, 2014, 12:51:37 pm »

Thanks.

Like the others I would recommend Apple TV.  Have a look at this article for other options.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4256 on: October 24, 2014, 02:36:39 pm »
Right heres a question regarding a really irritating thing that happens on my Ipad I hope someone can help me with please.  Just as a background, I use my Ipad as a betting tool all day every day so this problem really does have an impact on what I'm doing.

When I go to the oddschecker mobile site using safari i navigate to the specific league, then game, then market i am interested in.  I will then switch to another safari tab and check for team news, stats etc.  When I switch back to the previous oddschecker tab the fucking thing has refreshed and gone back to the home page meaning I have to navigate all the way back to the market i was interested in.

I need to do this multiple times for every game I'm interested in so its becoming a bit of a bind.

I don't like the oddschecker app so prefer to use safari.

Is this something I can prevent happening or is it tough shit?  It occasionally stays on the page i want when i am switching from tab to tab which makes it even more weirder.

Hope this makes sense.

cheers :wave

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4257 on: October 24, 2014, 02:55:22 pm »
Thinks it's down to lack of memory, try making sure apps you don't need are shut down by double clicking the home button then swiping up to close them all.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4258 on: October 24, 2014, 03:09:40 pm »
Thinks it's down to lack of memory, try making sure apps you don't need are shut down by double clicking the home button then swiping up to close them all.

ah right ok Craig. will give that a go mate. cheers.

Craig/RAWK - another quickie. All of a sudden by home button has stopped responding properly.  I have to really depress the button hard a few times to get back to the home screen. As such, I've been using the 5 finger pinch to get back to the home screen but would love my home button back properly. Is this a trip to the apple genius bar or can I fix it?

Just to add, i also have assisted touch enabled, so i use that to get back to the home screen too.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 03:16:51 pm by Buck Pete »

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4259 on: October 24, 2014, 04:24:33 pm »
Is this a trip to the apple genius bar or can I fix it?

There was a story a while back about people using WD40 to "loosen" their home buttons. It fucked their iPads.

Just take it back, there's a good chance you'll get a replacement so long as it's under a year old.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4260 on: October 24, 2014, 11:56:50 pm »

I had a ton of apps open in the background and your suggestion seems to have worked a treat. Cheers man!!

There was a story a while back about people using WD40 to "loosen" their home buttons. It fucked their iPads.

Just take it back, there's a good chance you'll get a replacement so long as it's under a year old.

Yeah it's only about 6 months old tops. I'll nip it back when I get chance. Cheers.

Offline AndoNagasaki

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • the devil makes good use for these hands of mine
« Reply #4261 on: October 27, 2014, 12:57:55 pm »
I recently got an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.0 having upgraded my iPhone 5 running iOS7 (can't remember which revision).

I've got a hotmail account which I've always had linked to the standard mail app on all my previous iPhones, and now this new one too.

Anyway, whenever I charge my phone at home overnight (and I'm on wifi), I seem to download hundreds or sometimes thousands of old emails.  Every morning I then have to  mark those emails as "all read" to reset my 'new email count' to zero so I can tell if I've got any new mail that day when I'm out and about and not on wifi.

Anyone know how I can change the settings on this so it doesn't download all these legacy emails?

Cheers  :wave
the trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4262 on: October 28, 2014, 12:03:11 am »

ah right ok Craig. will give that a go mate. cheers.

Craig/RAWK - another quickie. All of a sudden by home button has stopped responding properly.  I have to really depress the button hard a few times to get back to the home screen. As such, I've been using the 5 finger pinch to get back to the home screen but would love my home button back properly. Is this a trip to the apple genius bar or can I fix it?

Just to add, i also have assisted touch enabled, so i use that to get back to the home screen too.

Depending on what iPad it is, the home button is generally held in place by a bracket that's stuck to the front glass. Occasionally the adhesive can loosen the bracket meaning you have to push harder to press the button.

The button itself is just a tiny little thing no bigger than a millimetre so there's a host of things that could go wrong with them,
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline cissepower

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4263 on: October 29, 2014, 09:53:13 am »
Boom Beachers, are any of you in a 'task force' yet?
~~Justice For The 96, You'll Never Walk Alone~~

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #4264 on: November 4, 2014, 01:14:55 pm »
Boom Beachers, are any of you in a 'task force' yet?
I am. I tried it the other day but it seems utterly pointless!

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4265 on: November 10, 2014, 07:43:47 pm »
Does anyone here use the health app?

Mine doesn't seem to track anything (steps or whatever), was wondering how to set it all up?

Edit:
Just read steps only works with 5s.. Nevermind!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 07:54:04 pm by Elzar »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #4266 on: November 10, 2014, 09:29:21 pm »
Just got my iphone6 a couple of weeks ago.it fell out of my pocket and cracked. Realised its not as strong as the previous iPhone 5. :(

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4267 on: November 10, 2014, 10:28:27 pm »
I recently got an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.0 having upgraded my iPhone 5 running iOS7 (can't remember which revision).

I've got a hotmail account which I've always had linked to the standard mail app on all my previous iPhones, and now this new one too.

Anyway, whenever I charge my phone at home overnight (and I'm on wifi), I seem to download hundreds or sometimes thousands of old emails.  Every morning I then have to  mark those emails as "all read" to reset my 'new email count' to zero so I can tell if I've got any new mail that day when I'm out and about and not on wifi.

Anyone know how I can change the settings on this so it doesn't download all these legacy emails?

Cheers  :wave

I reckon you go to Settings-Email-Hotmail
Go in there and you can decide how many days back you want to synch.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4268 on: November 11, 2014, 10:25:28 am »
Just got my iphone6 a couple of weeks ago.it fell out of my pocket and cracked. Realised its not as strong as the previous iPhone 5. :(

Mine too. I've dropped old iPhone thousands of times and not even a scratch. One drop from my pocket and my screen completely shattered

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4269 on: November 11, 2014, 10:29:33 am »
Mine too. I've dropped old iPhone thousands of times and not even a scratch. One drop from my pocket and my screen completely shattered

It's luck of the drop to be honest.

I dropped my 5 numerous times and it didn't break, where as my sister and mum have managed to go through 3 or 4 screens each on their 5's as it's smashed everytime it's been dropped.

I've managed to drop my 6 once so far, onto a tiled floor from pocket height, and it slightly dinged two corners but didn't break the screen thankfully.

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #4270 on: November 11, 2014, 03:14:50 pm »
I love the 6 but always felt the screen was lightweight or maybe it's the curve design.one drop and its shattered in 3 places. Apple saying £86 for screen replacement

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4271 on: November 11, 2014, 03:21:08 pm »
I love the 6 but always felt the screen was lightweight or maybe it's the curve design.one drop and its shattered in 3 places. Apple saying £86 for screen replacement

The screen is made of stronger glass, but the design of the phone gives it less support around the edges (thinner bezel design) so it may well be more prone than the 5S, however as said it's probably more luck of the drop.

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #4272 on: November 11, 2014, 07:54:01 pm »
Think the case is an important factor.need to buy one that over laps the front of the screen so if it does fall on a flat surface it will fall on the edges of the case rather than the screen

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4273 on: November 18, 2014, 10:32:56 pm »
Does anyone have snapchat? (I know, but its funny sometimes)

The new update is very dodgy. You can now link your bank account and send a friend money...

It is US only, but it's still weird.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4274 on: November 19, 2014, 11:41:49 am »
I have a question... (silly one to many, but just need to clarify)...
I have an iphone4 and just bout a new Ipad Mini... I want to be able to use the Mini just like I do with the iphone, but obviously without the telephony... Is it possible that I can exactly replicate whats on my iphone to my new ipadMini?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4275 on: November 19, 2014, 11:42:49 am »
Pretty much yeah.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #4276 on: November 19, 2014, 05:27:07 pm »
I have an iphone4 and just bout a new Ipad Mini... I want to be able to use the Mini just like I do with the iphone, but obviously without the telephony... Is it possible that I can exactly replicate whats on my iphone to my new ipadMini?
When you set up the iPad, back up your iPhone 4. When you turn your iPad on, try and set it up using the backup from your iPhone4. I've not tried it but I imagine it should work.

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4277 on: November 19, 2014, 06:36:44 pm »

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4278 on: November 19, 2014, 09:30:38 pm »
when i install an app on my phone it auto installs on my ipad
STFU and agree with me.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4279 on: November 19, 2014, 10:01:36 pm »
when i install an app on my phone it auto installs on my ipad

There's an option somewhere in your iPad settings to turn that off. I had the same issue but the other way round and was doing my head in for ages until I figured I could turn it off!