Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2748994 times)

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #62000 on: November 23, 2021, 07:22:07 pm »
Enjoyable day in NJ at the MetLife takeover with around 1000 Miami fans.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #62001 on: November 24, 2021, 12:38:06 pm »
Week 13 match up between 49ers and Seahawks has been flexed out of Sunday night football and moved back to a 9:25pm (UK) start. Makes sense given both are outside bets for a playoff place.

Kansas City Chiefs v Denver Broncos will be flexed into the Week 13 Sunday night game. Not great news for any UK fans who want to watch the Chiefs or Broncos in what could be a key game in AFC West
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62002 on: November 24, 2021, 01:26:09 pm »
The first in season Hard Knocks with the Colts premiers later today[or overnight for those of us in the UK] on HBO, not sure if or when it's going to be on in the UK though.

Anyone know when this will be on in the UK?

Guess i should change my picture to jonathan taylor now!

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62003 on: November 24, 2021, 01:46:35 pm »
Nagy supposedly set to be canned after the game vs Lions. He deserves to be let go but Bears have handled this badly.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #62004 on: November 24, 2021, 01:49:21 pm »
He's already denied that rumour

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62005 on: November 24, 2021, 02:14:05 pm »
Could be Tim Boyle-Andy Dalton showdown on Thanksgiving.

But, low-key, could be a fun game to watch the running backs.  Montgomery and Swift are the headliners, but the backups are decent too.
King Kenny.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62006 on: November 24, 2021, 02:26:16 pm »
Could be Tim Boyle-Andy Dalton showdown on Thanksgiving.

But, low-key, could be a fun game to watch the running backs.  Montgomery and Swift are the headliners, but the backups are decent too.

I'm always impressed with D'Andre Swift when I seem him play. Feels like he's a decent dual threat RB.

Looked at his stats, and whilst decent they aren't as good as I imagined them to be.

Is D'Andre Swift a potential star in the making or am I just over rating him because he stands out in a poor Lions team?

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62007 on: November 24, 2021, 04:39:34 pm »
I'm always impressed with D'Andre Swift when I seem him play. Feels like he's a decent dual threat RB.

Looked at his stats, and whilst decent they aren't as good as I imagined them to be.

Is D'Andre Swift a potential star in the making or am I just over rating him because he stands out in a poor Lions team?

Wanted to look into this a bit and fell down a rabbit hole.  ;D

Swift is really good as a dual-threat and has gamebreaking ability with good vision/cutback moves, so he does seem like a potential star in the making.

It's just the Lions have been weird this season.  Prior to the bye, Anthony Lynn was the play caller.  Looking at the box scores, Swift had more receiving than rushing yards in 7 of the 8 contests.  His longest run was 16 yards.  He had 90 carries for 319 yards (a poor 3.5 average) but totaled 415 receiving yards (he has more targets than any other RB this season).  It made sense since Goff isn't a great QB, made worse by the complete lack of receiving options outside of Hockenson and their Pro Bowl center getting injured.  Swift was doing a lot of work on dump-off passes and such, particularly in second halves with the Lions trailing and abandoning all pretense of running.

Since the bye though, Campbell took over the play calling and now in two games, Swift had 130 against the Steelers and 136 against the Browns on 47 total carries (5.7 average).  Even taking away the 57-yarder against the Browns, it's still really impressive.  Even moreso since Goff threw for only 114 yards against the Steelers and Boyle threw for 77 yards and 2 picks against the Browns.  You'd figure, with that kind of futility, teams would stack the box every play no matter what, and Swift would have even less room, but it hasn't been the case.  The Lions did draft Penei Sewell, and maybe the bye week helped with scheming too to get more running room despite the awful QB play.  Both games were close too, so the Lions never had to abandon the run.  Swift only had 5 receiving yards the last two games, a complete reversal from the first 8 games.

I'll be curious to see how he performs the rest of the way and how the Lions want to use him.  With the Lions talent on the O-Line, he should have a bright future going forward.  Definitely seems like a patient runner willing to look for and cut back for running lanes but also with elite speed and good hands.
King Kenny.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #62008 on: November 24, 2021, 04:53:31 pm »
You have to love the NFL and the media machine sometimes...

Everson Griffen posts a disturbing video with a gun, and his mental health is in question, bizzies at his place this morning to try and see what's happening, team and everyone is worried about him.

...and yet Zimmer gets asked what's his status for Sunday's game  :butt

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62009 on: November 24, 2021, 05:13:00 pm »
From the LA Times
NFL and Rams agree to $800-million settlement with St. Louis over relocation

The Rams and the NFL have agreed to pay about $800 million to settle a lawsuit over the team’s departure from St. Louis.

...wonder what this means to Arsenal, if anything.

What a bag of snakes the owners are. The moment there was a challenge, Kroenke threatened to turn on the NFL and sue them.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #62010 on: November 24, 2021, 06:10:36 pm »
From the LA Times

The Rams and the NFL have agreed to pay about $800 million to settle a lawsuit over the team’s departure from St. Louis.

What a bag of snakes the owners are. The moment there was a challenge, Kroenke threatened to turn on the NFL and sue them.

it'll mean nothing to them.

I have one of those silly irrational things where I want D'Andre Swift to do well, so was obviously disappointed for him to get drafted by the lions

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62011 on: November 24, 2021, 06:34:49 pm »
From the LA Times

Nooooooo...  I was hoping it would go to trial and move documents/emails will come out as part of it.  But now this is settled.  And the NFL will do their best to not release anything about WFT.

Business as usual.
King Kenny.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62012 on: November 24, 2021, 10:13:14 pm »
Nooooooo...  I was hoping it would go to trial and move documents/emails will come out as part of it.  But now this is settled.  And the NFL will do their best to not release anything about WFT.

Business as usual.
We all know NFL never wants to discover see Colin Kaepernick

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #62013 on: November 24, 2021, 10:16:20 pm »
Thanksgiving in the States tomorrow which means extra Thursday games.

Bears @ Lions
Raiders @ Cowboys
Bills @ Saints
#Sausages

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62014 on: November 24, 2021, 11:33:17 pm »
With the Lions and Raiders playing, every household in the US is guaranteed to see a turkey this Thanksgiving   :thumbup :hally

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62015 on: November 25, 2021, 09:27:29 am »
Wanted to look into this a bit and fell down a rabbit hole.  ;D

Thanks for the insight Skipper.

Sounds like Swift could do more in the right offensive system and/or with better players surrounding him.

As a 49ers fan, I think I notice Swift since I think he’d be perfect in Shanahan’s offence as a dual threat RB. To be fair to 49ers, Elijah Mitchell has done a great job this year as a 6th round pick.

Looking forward to seeing if Swift can continue his +100yd rushing streak today

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #62016 on: November 25, 2021, 09:38:44 am »
I guess only Saints taking on the Bills looks interesting enough out of those. I really didn't see the falling off the cliff for the team that looked like proper Superbowl contenders in September coming. At least they'll be playing a backup QB this time so might have something positive to come out of it but it's going to be a tall order for them to unseat the Patriots now, as pedestrian as their offense really is.
Linudden.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62017 on: November 25, 2021, 02:20:03 pm »
Forgot about the Thanksgiving games. What a pleasant surprise!

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #62018 on: November 25, 2021, 02:26:00 pm »
With the Lions and Raiders playing, every household in the US is guaranteed to see a turkey this Thanksgiving   :thumbup :hally

The Bears could be the bigger turkey from the Lions game, it'd be fun if that ended up in a tie ;D
#Sausages

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62019 on: November 25, 2021, 02:33:34 pm »
The Bears could be the bigger turkey from the Lions game, it'd be fun if that ended up in a tie ;D

Bears fans won't even have the pleasure of Nagy getting binned with a loss to look forward to either, but I guess it is getting into the time of year where they win a few games to ruin their draft position in any case.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #62020 on: November 25, 2021, 02:39:25 pm »
a few do seem to be going for a lions win today. having said that a few also went for a lions win a couple of weeks ago when they got absolutely blown out.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #62021 on: November 25, 2021, 02:52:21 pm »
a few do seem to be going for a lions win today. having said that a few also went for a lions win a couple of weeks ago when they got absolutely blown out.

Most likely as the Bears are a dysfunctional from top to bottom right now, Nagy is incompetent HC who needs to be fired, but the Bears have never fired anyone in season, wouldn't surprise me if either the Bears or Lions come away with a win, could end in a tie too.
#Sausages

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #62022 on: November 25, 2021, 02:55:48 pm »
Forgot about the Thanksgiving games. What a pleasant surprise!

Until you remember that it's frigging Detroit and they're playing a 3-7 team :D
Linudden.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #62023 on: November 25, 2021, 05:27:33 pm »
Got Matt Breida 2+ touchdowns at 60-1 on bet365 yesterday. Think they’ve realized their mistake as he’s down to 30-1 now

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #62024 on: November 25, 2021, 06:13:21 pm »
Haha Lions trying the same thing three times from the own endzone and expecting different results that's going to be one long game... I'm out ;D
Linudden.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #62025 on: November 25, 2021, 06:19:56 pm »
"you like jimmy graham down here and..........they've taken him off the field"

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62026 on: November 25, 2021, 07:42:57 pm »
Feel like I jinxed D’Andre Swift with my praise earlier in the week!

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #62027 on: November 25, 2021, 08:57:35 pm »
Dear God that was hard to watch. If a win can cement a firing, Matt Nagy’s just done it.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #62028 on: November 25, 2021, 09:02:26 pm »
it was about as bad as advertised. the most notable thing was probably the 3 yard t-shirt stretch/rip

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #62029 on: November 25, 2021, 09:08:20 pm »
I often wonder why the NFL keep giving the Lions the Thanksgiving home game on the Thursday, when they stink the place out.
#Sausages

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62030 on: November 26, 2021, 12:37:54 am »
I often wonder why the NFL keep giving the Lions the Thanksgiving home game on the Thursday, when they stink the place out.

Makes sense really, all the other teams are thankful not to be the Lions.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #62031 on: November 26, 2021, 12:40:15 am »
Makes sense really, all the other teams are thankful not to be the Lions.

;D

Good game in Dallas though, aided by some dodgy penalty calls.
#Sausages

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #62032 on: November 26, 2021, 12:41:14 am »
It's been a much better game then the first one, though that's not a high bar to clear.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #62033 on: November 26, 2021, 12:53:15 am »
Turned into a cracker, despite the referees best efforts to completely ruin it. Great throws by Prescott that drive.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #62034 on: November 26, 2021, 12:58:14 am »
That false start call seemed completely ridiculous.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #62035 on: November 26, 2021, 12:59:55 am »
That false start call seemed completely ridiculous.

Agree, should have been a penalty on the Cowboys defence for neutral zone infraction.
#Sausages

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #62036 on: November 26, 2021, 01:10:25 am »
well I'm not staying up for OT as good as the game has been.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #62037 on: November 26, 2021, 01:15:45 am »
Surprised the Raiders didn't try a couple of plays to try & get to the FG range, wiht 19 seconds left with 1 timeout remaining
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #62038 on: November 26, 2021, 01:31:01 am »
What a crazy ending to the Cowboys game. :lmao
#Sausages

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #62039 on: November 26, 2021, 01:31:56 am »
Madness  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.