Author Topic: Liverpool vs Wolves preview. Sunday May 22nd. KO 4pm  (Read 22712 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: Liverpool vs Wolves preview. Sunday May 22nd. KO 4pm
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2022, 07:24:32 pm »
They have not posted the Referee assignments for the final day. I'm going to guess we get Anthony Taylor.

Told ya'. Now if I can just get those lottery numbers right.  :lmao

Referee: Anthony Taylor. Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn. Fourth official: Tony Harrington. VAR: Stuart Attwell. Assistant VAR: Dan Cook.

For those wondering:

City v Villa

Referee: Michael Oliver. Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett. Fourth official: David Coote. VAR: Darren England. Assistant VAR: Adrian Holmes.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2022, 09:39:09 pm »

Told ya'. Now if I can just get those lottery numbers right.  :lmao

For those wondering:

City v Villa

Referee: Michael Oliver. Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett. Fourth official: David Coote. VAR: Darren England. Assistant VAR: Adrian Holmes.
Makes sense they put what they rate as the 2 best Officials in England in the 2 biggest games.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2022, 10:21:18 pm »
Real Madrid drew their last game of the season against Betis with what I presume will be their starting lineup in the final bar maybe Alaba.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2022, 10:36:26 pm »
Wolves are bad, have nothing to play for and we've clearly been running on fumes the last couple of weeks but have been able to grind through it for results. Kind of hard to figure what team should be put out there even with the title theoretically in play. On the one hand I get that you don't want to have most of your starters go 2 weeks without playing but on the other they may need those 2 weeks to be ready. Don't really get those mocking some that think just the bare minimum should be put out for this game as it's not a crazy thought, just with it being the last home game probably unrealistic for that reason only. Lets just support whoevers out there and pray somehow Stevie can pull another miracle out of his ass one last time even if he's not on the field.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2022, 10:49:08 pm »
Real Madrid drew their last game of the season against Betis with what I presume will be their starting lineup in the final bar maybe Alaba.

Think Valverde will start ahead of Rodrygo. Surpised if Ancelotti doesn't go with the same setup as the 2nd leg against  City.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2022, 10:50:12 pm »
Thanks for the OP mate, loved it!

Win, lose or draw (as gutting as those last two might be should Man City drop points as well), this team is fantastic and like you say, as in in 2019, we have another Champions League final to look forward to. What days :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline nerdster4

• Anny Roader
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2022, 06:42:58 am »
What a disaster that would be.

Those lads would beat Wolves for sure. But the idea of starting a team against Madrid the majority of whom haven't kicked a ball in anger for two weeks is madness.

For me a real disaster would be to lose one of alisson , Trent , Thiago , mane or Diaz (having run very close to losing Salah vvd and Fabinho for the final ). Trent especially with Gomez’ availability unclear given the post impact pain. Klopp knows best and he ll rotate a lot less than my suggested line up but I do remember Jota getting injured against an Icelandic team unnecessarily derailing our season . There is a reason why having had very few injuries recently all of a sudden we have a few touch and go situations for the final ..

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2022, 07:47:27 am »
Wolves are bad, have nothing to play for and we've clearly been running on fumes the last couple of weeks but have been able to grind through it for results. Kind of hard to figure what team should be put out there even with the title theoretically in play. On the one hand I get that you don't want to have most of your starters go 2 weeks without playing but on the other they may need those 2 weeks to be ready. Don't really get those mocking some that think just the bare minimum should be put out for this game as it's not a crazy thought, just with it being the last home game probably unrealistic for that reason only. Lets just support whoevers out there and pray somehow Stevie can pull another miracle out of his ass one last time even if he's not on the field.

Klopp has said a two week break disrupts rhythm, we see how we struggle after international breaks at times. If all are fit, the starting 11 for Paris start tomorrow. They've had plenty of recovery time and have plenty of time til the final.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline VictoryFor96

• Main Stander
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2022, 11:04:57 am »
Imagine that city are 10 man and 2-0 down on 85th min.

But we struggle to score, still 0-0..

Than origi comes in and score a goal on 87th min its over we are champions.

I think he will stay if that happens

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2022, 11:15:05 am »
Tend to agree with that - Same Team, more or less, to start for both games as there is a full week in between.
Any changes will be due to fitness.
Win the 2 games and it is 3 or 4 trophies.
Happy days.  :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 11:59:00 am by Red-juvenated »
Doubters to Believers

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2022, 11:33:31 am »
I'm still amazed by this team to be honest. 3 cup finals and a title chance on the final day of a season. It's frankly incredible.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2022, 11:40:42 am »
Attwell on VAR :butt

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2022, 11:52:14 am »

Jota for £4m upfront 😂😂😂
What a steal

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2022, 12:11:16 pm »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2022, 12:12:29 pm »
Think Valverde will start ahead of Rodrygo. Surpised if Ancelotti doesn't go with the same setup as the 2nd leg against  City.

You’d think - feels incredibly lucky there’s this hierarchy thing going on where Kroos starts and Camavinga doesn’t

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2022, 01:19:10 pm »
Can´t see it being anything else other then our full strength squad. As others have said, between tomorrow and the final, it will be the first full weeks rest we have had between games for what feels like months. There is zero reason to not go full strength in both.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2022, 01:19:16 pm »
What a disaster that would be.

Those lads would beat Wolves for sure. But the idea of starting a team against Madrid the majority of whom haven't kicked a ball in anger for two weeks is madness.
Yeah we've never done well since I can remember with 2 weeks of rest. I can only really remember 1 instance(there may be 1 or 2 more, but that's it) where it worked (just)- and that was against Spurs.. and you could see, we were out-of-sorts- even though we won.
That, for me, was more of a psychological battle.

It hasn't work from what I remember in 3 decades (very, very little if ever) and it's particularly obvious during the January, traditional "break". We come back playing horrific football- Frankenstein's monster, eating itself! Rusty, and lethargic AF! We've finally been able to undress it in recent seasons with the quality we have in the squad, but it's a struggle. Real also has quality, so we're going to need to be on our toes.

1 Week is all we need.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 01:28:29 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2022, 01:48:01 pm »

Our worst performance and result this season was Leicester away when we had a week and a half between games against a Covid ravaged Leicester side. Jurgen understands the importance of rhythm and will select accordingly.

Buckle up. An early goal for us and we will be “As it stands” champions.

Offline Usman1987

• Main Stander
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2022, 03:37:34 pm »
What do we think? Salah to start?

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2022, 03:59:25 pm »
What do we think? Salah to start?

Yes

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2022, 04:08:53 pm »
They were hardly going to bust a gut on the final day with the league won.  Wouldn't read anything into it.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2022, 04:10:42 pm »
That wasn't the point though.  The point was they've been mixing and matching for the past 3 weeks and chilling out in games.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2022, 05:08:02 pm »
That wasn't the point though.  The point was they've been mixing and matching for the past 3 weeks and chilling out in games.

They are gonna get the shock of their fucking lives when they come up against Liverpool.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2022, 05:38:44 pm »
They are gonna get the shock of their fucking lives when they come up against Liverpool.

:D

Hope so mate. I want another first half against Man City in the FA Cup Semis performance.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2022, 05:48:45 pm »

Love to go in at HT 4 up, which we are more than capable of, then make it 5 within 2 minutes of the restart.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2022, 06:07:05 pm »
Our worst performance and result this season was Leicester away when we had a week and a half between games against a Covid ravaged Leicester side. Jurgen understands the importance of rhythm and will select accordingly.

Buckle up. An early goal for us and we will be “As it stands” champions.

Yeah, it was a bad result but it wasn't close to our worst performance of the year.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2022, 06:09:38 pm »
Still reckon this is a nothing match

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2022, 07:07:52 pm »
One thing I’ve just remembered from three years ago. Watched our game, City won, wanted to watch our lads do a lap of honour and just watch that all unfold and Sky cut to the City title lift, even though they were already showing that on another channel. Hope if the worst happens they don’t do that again. Pissed me right off.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2022, 07:39:09 pm »
From the preview show on LFCTV.

Villa last 11 league matches away to City

1-0
2-0
3-1
4-0
4-1
5-0
4-0
3-2
4-0
3-0
2-0

35-4

But none of those had Gerrard as manager. So, there is some hope.  8)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2022, 08:55:12 pm »
From the preview show on LFCTV.

Villa last 11 league matches away to City

1-0
2-0
3-1
4-0
4-1
5-0
4-0
3-2
4-0
3-0
2-0

35-4

But none of those had Gerrard as manager. So, there is some hope.  8)

Villa away record since Gerrard is 6-1-5 with a GD of +6 (16 for and 10 against)

Only teams they played in the Top 8 were Wolves, West Ham and LFC. Lost all 3 games by 1 goal.

They are pretty good defensively conceding less than 1 goal per game away. So out of the teams they COULD play I do think they have a chance, its just stopping City from scoring is very difficult.

Offline VictoryFor96

• Main Stander
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2022, 09:17:30 pm »
Villa away record since Gerrard is 6-1-5 with a GD of +6 (16 for and 10 against)

Only teams they played in the Top 8 were Wolves, West Ham and LFC. Lost all 3 games by 1 goal.

They are pretty good defensively conceding less than 1 goal per game away. So out of the teams they COULD play I do think they have a chance, its just stopping City from scoring is very difficult.

Thats whyv villa must score 2 or 3 goals

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2022, 09:32:22 pm »

Konsa who is Villa's best CB is out of the game tomorrow, 4 month layoff now with a knee injury.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2022, 09:39:56 pm »
Konsa who is Villa's best CB is out of the game tomorrow, 4 month layoff now with a knee injury.

And yet most Villa fans said he's had quite an average season.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2022, 09:41:49 pm »
mixing and matching for the past 3 weeks and chilling out in games.
When a couple of guys who were up to no good...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2022, 10:05:05 pm »
Klopp has said a two week break disrupts rhythm, we see how we struggle after international breaks at times. If all are fit, the starting 11 for Paris start tomorrow. They've had plenty of recovery time and have plenty of time til the final.

Wasn’t it about 18 days between the Wolves game in 2019 and the final against Spurs?

Both teams looked under cooked so playing six days before Real should play into our hands.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2022, 10:44:17 pm »
Bar injuries/precautions, the team that started the fa cup final to start here. Strong as possible, rhythm etc.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2022, 10:53:55 pm »
Bar injuries/precautions, the team that started the fa cup final to start here. Strong as possible, rhythm etc.

Yeah I think so, close to the team that starts next weekend against Madrid for the reasons you said.
I’d like Salah to grab a goal or two in this game, get the confidence up for next weekend.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2022, 10:58:54 pm »
I think this will very much be a dress rehearsal for the CL final.

Ali, Trent, Ibou, VVD, Robbo, Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Diaz, Mane, Salah
subs: Kelleher, Matip, Gomez, Tsimikas, Milner, Naby, Jota, Firmino, Origi

Hopefully if we're ahead at the 70 min mark, then conserve a few legs esp if there's an injury cloud hanging over them. Would love to see Big Div get some minutes for this game and even get on the scoresheet as he seems to usually do.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2022, 11:19:39 pm »
Chance we could be champions tomorrow. Unbelievable there’s a chance. Until it’s gone I believe in this team. And if it doesn’t happen I still believe in them. These red men are the best we’ve ever seen. See you tomorrow x

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2022, 11:24:26 pm »
Worst case scenario is a repeat of the 00s where Stevie G does the unthinkable magic and Liverpool as a whole don’t see it over the line. Thankfully this side don’t do this. I reckon we win 3 or 4, Luis Diaz to score at least 2