Author Topic: Bomb incident at Liverpool Womens Hospital  (Read 13574 times)

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Re: Liverpool news thread
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2021, 10:36:54 am »
Just saw that, surprised that has been released to be honest.

Fair play to the guy in the high-vis jacket, doesn’t break his stride when the bomb goes, straight over to the car to help the guy. Gotta be honest I’d probably be struggling to run the other way with my pants full of shit.

Seeing the moment where the guy is clinging onto the guy in high vis is moving.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2021, 10:41:08 am »
If it went off properly then it is nothing short of a miracle that the driver survived. I'm no explosives expert by any means, but it just seems impossible to me that the driver would be relatively unscathed from a device going off just a couple of feet behind him.
Read earlier that it is thought that it was just the detonator that went off rather than the actual device
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2021, 10:45:45 am »
Fair play to the guy in the high-vis jacket, doesn’t break his stride when the bomb goes, straight over to the car to help the guy. Gotta be honest I’d probably be struggling to run the other way with my pants full of shit.

It's difficult really, with hindsight now it seems highly likely it was a bomb/intentional which might make you want to leg it. If you didn't know, you might in the moment think it was some kind of accident or mechanical issue in which case you'd probably be less scared and want to get over and help.

But agree entirely, it was a markedly brave thing to do to run straight towards it to help the driver. You seem him speed up when the door opens.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2021, 10:47:00 am »
The driver getting out alive and the cowards body left to burn in the vehicle is the best result you could hope for after the device has gone off. Imagine being prepared to end the lives of yourself and the people around you, only to fail miserably and end up being the only victim. It's still created fear and panic, but with only one (very welcome) casualty.

Events still ongoing on Rutland Avenue too, unusual that the heavies turned up last night and have since left. Still no statement on things either which would suggest the operation is still very much in progress.
Yes, the taxi driver was incredibly lucky there. What an absolutely horrific situation for him to be in. Until the pandemic my brother was a Delta taxi driver. He's had people drop dead in his taxi, and that experience has stuck with him and still affects him. Goodness knows how the poor driver from yesterday will be affected by what happened to him, both physically and psychologically.

My guess yesterday was that Rutland Avenue was the place the passenger was picked up from. That's because I saw the car fire as I was getting ready to go to Asda on Smithdown, and after a very quick visit to Asda I passed Rutland and it was already sealed off by police. My assumption being the address of the passenger pick-up had quickly been given to police by Delta and they responded immediately.

Hopefully every scumbag associated with this plot is either now arrested, contained or dead. Utter bastards, whoever they are.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2021, 10:50:52 am »
Read earlier that it is thought that it was just the detonator that went off rather than the actual device

Could well be the case yeah.

Also, it could take a fair bit of time to identify the attacker. Watching the video is one thing, but watching it when you realise there is somebody half blown away sat on the back seat of a burning car for a fair amount of time makes it a bit more chilling  :o

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2021, 10:54:35 am »
It's difficult really, with hindsight now it seems highly likely it was a bomb/intentional which might make you want to leg it. If you didn't know, you might in the moment think it was some kind of accident or mechanical issue in which case you'd probably be less scared and want to get over and help.

But agree entirely, it was a markedly brave thing to do to run straight towards it to help the driver. You seem him speed up when the door opens.
Looking at that footage then I know I'd have run straight towards the scene to try to get people out. It's sort of my gut instinctive reaction. I doubt I'd have registered that it was a bomb at the time, and probably would have assumed some kind of catastrophic accident.

In the situation as seen, and without the hindsight, I think most people's instinctive reaction would be to run towards and try to help.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2021, 10:56:39 am »
Was quite surprised to see Joanne Anderson talking so candidly about what has apparently happened (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-59288929). It may well all be true but I'd have waited until the police made announcements before wading in.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2021, 11:01:11 am »
Well the taxi driver has been released from hospital and is now home. Sounds like he only needed a few stitches.

Is it bad that even in this day and age, that my first thought when I heard the news was IRA and not islamic terrorists? Just because its Liverpool.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 11:04:05 am by gazzalfc »

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2021, 11:04:41 am »

I’m half jesting but yeah also for sure looking in hindsight knowing what we know, at the time you would never expect that I suppose. Fair to say it’s difficult to know how you would react in a situation like that until it happened.

Offline c0burn

• Kopite
  • The King
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2021, 11:04:56 am »
Was quite surprised to see Joanne Anderson talking so candidly about what has apparently happened (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-59288929). It may well all be true but I'd have waited until the police made announcements before wading in.

Not the brightest in our council, let's be honest...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2021, 11:09:01 am »

That was the impression I got when I first heard the news. Usually when a car bomb goes off there's nothing left of the vehicle. Unless it was a piss weak bomb.

It takes a special kind of sicko to target newborns.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2021, 11:18:12 am »
Well the taxi driver has been released from hospital and is now home. Sounds like he only needed a few stitches.

Is it bad that even in this day and age, that my first thought when I heard the news was IRA and not islamic terrorists? Just because its Liverpool.

Well I don't blame you for thinking so, but other than the Grand National bomb threat, I don't recall the IRA ever directly targeting Liverpool. Think it was a combination of our Irish links and us typically hating the government almost as much as they do. Think Warrington was as close as they got.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2021, 11:20:44 am »
Press conference ongoing now, it seems as though the hospital was the intended target. They believe they know the perpetrator but they wont comment on his identity at this time.

A further man was arrested just a short while ago. Significant items have been found at the Sefton Park address.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2021, 11:30:08 am »
It has now been declared a terrorist incident 

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2021, 11:30:12 am »
So from that press Conference the Mayor got things wrong.  Explosion happened as the taxi was approaching the main entrance of the hospital.  I hope she's been told to stop commenting and wait for the actual facts.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2021, 11:32:56 am »

How do you know it was islamic terrorists, has that been said anywhere? My first thought was anti-abortion cranks, targeting the women's.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2021, 11:33:20 am »
Well I don't blame you for thinking so, but other than the Grand National bomb threat, I don't recall the IRA ever directly targeting Liverpool. Think it was a combination of our Irish links and us typically hating the government almost as much as they do. Think Warrington was as close as they got.
The IRA never crossed my mind on this. Pretty much for reasons you stated there. All through the time they were active, I never really felt Liverpool was ever in any genuine danger from them.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2021, 11:35:22 am »
The IRA never crossed my mind on this. Pretty much for reasons you stated there. All through the time they were active, I never really felt Liverpool was ever in any genuine danger from them.

Yep - I never felt threatened by the IRA In Liverpool.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2021, 11:35:28 am »
How do you know it was islamic terrorists, has that been said anywhere? My first thought was anti-abortion cranks, targeting the women's.

I never said it was. I have never said at all who has done it and would never speculate on here as to motive and I take offence that I would be labelled as such.

I'm saying that most people when they hear of stuff like this happening instantly go towards islamic terrorists. I didn't. My instant reaction was IRA
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 11:39:42 am by gazzalfc »

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2021, 11:37:02 am »

This has just been confirmed, also "Significant Items" found at the address on Rutland Ave which suggests why the operation there is ongoing

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2021, 11:37:11 am »

Same here - I don't know if that was through the close links, seeing as most of us have some Irish descendants, or the ferry to Belfast being a way in and out of the mainland for them?

Hope the c*nt who did this died in agony.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2021, 11:38:22 am »
Despite people no doubt having their own suspicions on who might have been responsible for what happened yesterday, I don't think anyone on here has assigned a flag to it. Online elsewhere though, people were talking about asylum seekers and refugees needing to be sent back home within minutes of this being suspected as a terrorist act.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2021, 11:39:56 am »
I never said it was. It have never said at all who has done it and would never speculate on here as to motive.

I'm saying that most people when they hear of stuff like this happening instantly go towards islamic terrorists. I didn't. My instant reaction was IRA

Ah, ok, thought they'd said something about it somewhere.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2021, 11:52:35 am »
We are all just speculating on who is responsible - I work at a venue in town and have completed Project Argus training (anti-terrorism training delivered by Merseyside Police) 

It did surprise me that they still classed Irish terrorism as the greatest threat to Liverpool as a city

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2021, 11:53:38 am »
How do you know it was islamic terrorists, has that been said anywhere?

They're the only fucktards who blow themselves up in these attacks.

When I first heard the story about the taxi driver locking the doors, I figured they'd parked up and it was then he'd locked the doors to stop her exiting, but he's barely stopped before it explodes. If he knew/thought there was a terrorist scumbag wanting to murder innocent people, why would he continue to drive them to the entrance?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2021, 11:54:34 am »
The echo suddenly have a lot more on their hands than ‘this facebook mum is furious over the word demon being on an item in Aldi’

All very confusing at the moment, lots of rumours and speculation. Hopefully some better details come out tomorrow before work place rumours go big

You should hear the absolute wham being chatted in our office this morning, embarrassing.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2021, 11:56:31 am »
I’m sure it will all come out soon enough once the Police are confident they have arrested everyone involved. Scary stuff, whoever is behind it. Thankfully looks like something far worse was averted.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2021, 11:58:15 am »
I never said it was. I have never said at all who has done it and would never speculate on here as to motive and I take offence that I would be labelled as such.

It doesn't really have the hallmark of the IRA though, they usually planted a device and then gave a warning there was a device and I wouldn't have thought they would target a hospital but then again they have targeted shopping centres so who knows!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2021, 11:59:29 am »

Me neither.

Mods - should this incident be split from this topic and moved to the main news thread?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2021, 12:00:12 pm »
Me neither.

Mods - should this incident be split from this topic and moved to the main news thread?

I think it should.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2021, 12:03:10 pm »
You should hear the absolute wham being chatted in our office this morning, embarrassing.

I work near Manchester and not a single person has mentioned it, not even general office gossip shite. Media were slow to pick up on it and even into last night seemed more concerned about some old fart from London with a bad back

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2021, 12:08:20 pm »
I work near Manchester and not a single person has mentioned it, not even general office gossip shite. Media were slow to pick up on it and even into last night seemed more concerned about some old fart from London with a bad back

From what I've heard from my friends around the world, there has been more coverage of this is the US than it seems like over here.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2021, 12:09:34 pm »

Probably because only the perpetrator died in the attack. Not a bad thing, but this attack seems to have caught the security services flat footed. It could have been the worst kind of carnage and it's only blind luck (and seemingly a taxi driver who had his head screwed on) that stopped it being so.

Some tough questions need asking here.

Popcorn's Art

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2021, 12:09:43 pm »
An anti abortion crank suicide bomber?

It's a possibility but I think the suicide element is why Islamic terrorists come to mind. Also the fact that most high profile attacks in recent years have been of that.

I think it's a natural assumption but obviously there's a jump between that and railing against immigration and Muslims.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2021, 12:13:55 pm »
An anti abortion crank suicide bomber?

It's a possibility but I think the suicide element is why Islamic terrorists come to mind. Also the fact that most high profile attacks in recent years have been of that.

I think it's a natural assumption but obviously there's a jump between that and railing against immigration and Muslims.
The first thing that came to my mind when I heard a hospital was targeted was anti-vaxers

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2021, 12:14:23 pm »
I said earlier that it might be people who dislike female bodily autonomy, which arguably the hospital represents. Such people would likely be religious extremists, but we just don't know enough yet.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2021, 12:15:05 pm »
Anyway it probably doesn't help to speculate it will all come out during the investigation, just thankful that the only one who died was the scumbag who had the device on him/her

Offline red_lfc_costello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2021, 12:18:02 pm »
When I first heard the story about the taxi driver locking the doors, I figured they'd parked up and it was then he'd locked the doors to stop her exiting, but he's barely stopped before it explodes. If he knew/thought there was a terrorist scumbag wanting to murder innocent people, why would he continue to drive them to the entrance?

was thinking this myself.
You appear to hve mistaken 'the funny photo thread' for the 'pointless, pre-pubescent nonsensical not even porn but "look, look, it's a girl" thread'

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2021, 12:21:35 pm »
Fourth man has been arrested in the Kensington area

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-59291095

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2021, 12:24:48 pm »
was thinking this myself.

All depends on timing, the road he would have been going down he can't turn around just got to drive to that roundabout bit. Might have only been as he was approaching the entrance he realised and locked the car.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks