Author Topic: Ultimate Multi Club Draft  (Read 21575 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ultimate Multi Club Draft
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2021, 02:47:09 pm »
@Hazell

:D

Trend, I'd like you to stay, we need your curious takes on life and love in these drafts :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2021, 02:54:33 pm »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2021, 02:54:50 pm »
Yeah stick with it Trend, Samie rarely has the bollocks to draft anyway anymore and when he does it’s a quick exit
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2021, 02:58:08 pm »

Trend, I'd like you to stay, we need your curious takes on life and love in these drafts :)

I like you too Hazell/Lobo/Nick - feel the same way mate about you, but apparently trying to include Cleveland and New York (two central figures in my draft experience over the last two to three years) rankles some.

I tend to be loyal to those I get know - even in conflict, so including some of my friends in a draft should not be this hard --- no one believes I/we are trying to game anything. 

And if truth be told, if it comes down to me or anything associated with me in a popularity contest --- that serves our opponents.  Duh.

Probably should have  Samie v Trend draft ---->  Loser Leave the Drafting Community

« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 03:05:56 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2021, 03:04:45 pm »
FFS Samie, I love you man. But if you're not going to draft yourself, then don't drive our current drafters away.

I've got no issue with our two absentees, but I would be careful naming them. Something like this happened in the miniclip pool league awhile back and mods stepped in to veto the guy from taking part at all. I'd also prioritise current members purely because the in thread chit chat is one of the big parts of the draftng experience. Our two departees were key parts of that and are much missed, but if we have other regulars or newbies who want in then it's only fair they get first dibs.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2021, 03:07:38 pm »
FFS Samie, I love you man. But if you're not going to draft yourself, then don't drive our current drafters away.

I've got no issue with our two absentees, but I would be careful naming them. Something like this happened in the miniclip pool league awhile back and mods stepped in to veto the guy from taking part at all. I'd also prioritise current members purely because the in thread chit chat is one of the big parts of the draftng experience. Our two departees were key parts of that and are much missed, but if we have other regulars or newbies who want in then it's only fair they get first dibs.

This is how I feel about things too Betty.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2021, 03:07:57 pm »
I love myself too mate.  ;D

All I'm saying is that someone banned( Did not know about Defacto) should not be used in this way for fuck sakes. Should i call up Rosso see if he fancies doing one again?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2021, 03:10:08 pm »

All I'm saying is that someone banned( Did not know about Defacto) should not be used in this way for fuck sakes. Should i call up Rosso see if he fancies doing one again?

Did you not see the part about naming people - the whole entire reason their names are being used is because you keep posting about banned players --- everyone else figured out long ago who it was but you keep yapping and making it public like the odd kid in school who needs to be included in every decision but can't keep his mouth shut.

You see, Samie has no conception of what it is like to run one of these things, the communication, the organization and the time suck involved.  The very idea of including Cleveland and NY in this means I have to spend more time to make sure there is draft flow and creates work for me.  I do not mind doing this as I love having Cleveland and NY in the contest --- they are friends.  But to say that Samie is the hub of the drafting community and he should have a say in who is in and who is not in while not drafting himself is absurd.

I feel bad for Adz because he just wants to begin a draft with 16, and the rest of you do no need this drama either.   But as you can see with our other past members, we are at a juncture in the road for our community -- either we are going to go one way or another.   No more middle of the road for me ------>  I can live with either choices lads!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 03:19:05 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2021, 03:12:22 pm »

I understand what you mean, mate. It's a bit of a grey area IMO. Ultimately, it's upto everyone IN the draft to say whether they care. If you're not drafting yourself then you can't really veto other guys getting involved in it  ;)
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2021, 03:14:14 pm »
Anyway, I've PMed some guys who haven't drafted in awhile. Maybe I can lure them back to save us from this dispute!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2021, 03:24:01 pm »
Anyway, I've PMed some guys who haven't drafted in awhile. Maybe I can lure them back to save us from this dispute!

Also, if anyone wants to include Cleveland or New York in this after a decision has been made by Adz and the group - they/adz or anyone can join a discord thread without me being involved - send a quick DM to them for their picks and -- get their pick in seconds and post them --- saving us all from the evil Trend :)

https://discord.gg/yPNz362nbn

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2021, 03:25:39 pm »

Until you or someone you like is banned.

I am outta here for a couple hours to decompress -- let me know what the group would like to do.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2021, 03:26:13 pm »
I understand what you mean, mate. It's a bit of a grey area IMO. Ultimately, it's upto everyone IN the draft to say whether they care. If you're not drafting yourself then you can't really veto other guys getting involved in it  ;)

Thank you, now get the fuckin' yank to understand my POV too mate.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2021, 03:26:46 pm »

You best still be playing this draft yourself, mate!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2021, 03:30:55 pm »
Thank you, now get the fuckin' yank to understand my POV too mate.

Not a fuckin' yank Samie. 

Do not belittle me because you can't hold your emotions.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2021, 03:32:04 pm »
Right, I’ve edited the sign-ups for a minute. As things stand we’re actually only 3 short because an unnamed participant (don’t panic no more controversy!) hasn’t been added yet…

Hopefully with these PM’s being sent and others maybe wanting to get involved (with the scrapping) we can get to 16!
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2021, 03:33:47 pm »
Personally I believe it should be quite obvious that only members on site are allowed to draft.
Linudden.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2021, 03:40:58 pm »
Tricky, I didn't know they were banned members.  Depends what they were banned for, I guess.

But why not just get whoever they are to see if the mods are happy for them to come back.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2021, 03:42:41 pm »
Personally I believe it should be quite obvious that only members on site are allowed to draft.

I don't know why Samie is taking it so seriously. In the words of Howard Brown, it's only a bit of fun.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2021, 03:48:34 pm »
I don't mind Cleveland or New York taking part. I'll sign up just to support Trend :P

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2021, 03:56:35 pm »
I don't mind Cleveland or New York taking part. I'll sign up just to support Trend :P

The return of the king! Welcome back, friend.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2021, 04:03:15 pm »
The return of the king! Welcome back, friend.

Hahah thanks :wave

Sounds like an interesting draft :D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2021, 04:33:31 pm »
Give me some time to wrap my head round the concept and I’m in, looks good.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2021, 04:42:25 pm »
Thanks for the PMs! I know I often say this but I think I’ll be too busy in the next week or so to do this one justice.

I’ll fold and play eventually if needed! But if you have enough to crack on without me please go ahead. Good luck!

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2021, 04:45:54 pm »
Fuck me, you gang of nerds.

I thought you were all being sarcastic to start with but you're actually serious in here with this name calling. Why does it have to be so serious?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2021, 04:51:42 pm »

I thought you were all being sarcastic to start with but you're actually serious in here with this name calling. Why does it have to be so serious?
Hey hey, after you’ve taken part a draft you’re officially a nerd, just don’t tell anyone in real life.

Anyway, Samie crying about his long lost friends, and him and Trend going at it for some inane reason is just part of the draft culture now.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2021, 05:08:59 pm »

With an attitude like that it’s no wonder you ever win.

Or maybe you do, hard to keep up with them all. :D

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2021, 06:15:31 pm »
1 away from a full complement now (providing we keep the last 2 spots as they are)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2021, 06:50:26 pm »
I don't know why Samie is taking it so seriously. In the words of Howard Brown, it's only a bit of fun.

If I wanted advice off you mate it wouldn’t be about drafting
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2021, 07:25:02 pm »
With an attitude like that it’s no wonder you ever win.

Or maybe you do, hard to keep up with them all. :D

I have 2 draft wins to my name I'll have you know.

Survivor series years ago and a wonderkid draft where I pulled a 14 year old Karamoko Dembele out the bag last round ;D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2021, 07:26:35 pm »
I refuse to believe someone who isn't even a member of rawk is a more important member of rawk than samie. He's not that worthless

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2021, 08:40:58 pm »
I have 2 draft wins to my name I'll have you know.

Survivor series years ago and a wonderkid draft where I pulled a 14 year old Karamoko Dembele out the bag last round ;D
That was unofficial.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2021, 08:42:12 pm »
Yep. Hipster fashion though, Haz the man.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2021, 08:51:35 pm »
I refuse to believe someone who isn't even a member of rawk is a more important member of rawk than samie. He's not that worthless
Yep. He does a fantastic job at being first-round cannon fodder. Keeping all the draft kids happy knowing their effort wasn't completely worthless.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2021, 09:25:35 pm »

Prick.

Offline prateekmalhota

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2021, 10:25:39 pm »
Thanks for the heads up folks! Been a while since I did one of these, and this idea sure does have great potential.

Unfortunately, I’m on California time now and the usual drafting hours just don’t very well for me anymore  :-\  I’m usually asleep or working for quite a lot of the duration.

That said, I will spend more time around the drafting boards and follow this one since it looks like a lot of fun. Been a while and it’s good to see some of the familiar names still around  :wave

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2021, 11:57:55 pm »
Thanks for the heads up folks! Been a while since I did one of these, and this idea sure does have great potential.

Unfortunately, I’m on California time now and the usual drafting hours just don’t very well for me anymore  :-\  I’m usually asleep or working for quite a lot of the duration.

That said, I will spend more time around the drafting boards and follow this one since it looks like a lot of fun. Been a while and it’s good to see some of the familiar names still around  :wave

Nice to hear from you, mate. You're much missed around these parts, but understand it would be very tricky to draft on California time. Maybe we should have a separate drafting subdivision for different timezones  :D 

If we do another Sheep draft though, I reckon the times could be workable.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2021, 12:43:35 am »
So if you choose a player, are both their main teams out from then? If you pick Messi, does that mean PSG are out too? And are you allowed to pick someone who has Barca as their 'second' team?

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2021, 01:36:25 am »
So if you choose a player, are both their main teams out from then? If you pick Messi, does that mean PSG are out too? And are you allowed to pick someone who has Barca as their 'second' team?

No, only the side you nominate them for is crossed off the list.

E.g. Brazilian Ronaldo played 127 games for Madrid and 68 games for Inter. You can pick him for either (assuming neither has already been picked from) and then ONLY that team is removed from the game. The other will remain available. If one of them is gone already, then by default you'll take whichever of the top 2 is left and if both are gone then no more Ronaldo in the draft.

Remember the player must have made 50 or more appearances for his second team for them to be valid. Gerrard only playing 34 games for LA Galaxy means he's only available via Liverpool.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2021, 09:33:39 am »

Fancy it Sheer?